A Brief Interrogation

fuzzman

Hi. I was just wondering if some of you fine folks would like to answer a few questions relating to the band. I'm doing a graphic design project on the Zep and I've got to produce a multitude of items for a mock promotional campaign, so it's here that I'm going to start some market research. I'm sort of basing the project on the Mothership compilation, only with a redesigned advertising campaign.

Thanks ever so much if you could help me out. It's only ten simple questions afterall. :)

1. How long have you been listening to Led Zeppelin?

2. What would you say is your favourite album of theirs?

3. Your favourite song(s)?

4. In terms of design, what would you say is their most powerful album sleeve?

5. What colours or colour schemes would you generally associate with the band?

6. During which period of their career would you say they were at their creative peak?

7. In general, what do you think would be the most effective means of introducing the band’s music to the younger generations?

8. Who or what made you start listening to them?

9. Apart from the obvious iconic image of the zeppelin, what do you think is the strongest form of imagery associated with the band?

10. Finally, in no more than five words, what do you love about Led Zeppelin?

Thanks everybody, I massively appreciate this.

About 16 years... since 1992

Led Zeppelin IV

Immigrant Song

Led Zeppelin III

Black and White

6. During which period of their career would you say they were at their creative peak?

They were creative during they career but the peek would be in 197o-1971(but thats due to my favourite albums)

7. In general, what do you think would be the most effective means of introducing the band’s music to the younger generations?

I'm a young generation considering that Led Zeppelin existed from 1968 to 1980, but i guess that that one of the best ways would be to play more song on the radio (in Portugal you never hear any of their songs)

My dad

9. Apart from the obvious iconic image of the zeppelin, what do you think is the strongest form of imagery associated with the band?

besides the four symbols right?.... well the zeppelin i think or the hermit

Their music, rhythm and style

Alright! I'll play.......

Hi. I was just wondering if some of you fine folks would like to answer a few questions relating to the band. I'm doing a graphic design project on the Zep and I've got to produce a multitude of items for a mock promotional campaign, so it's here that I'm going to start some market research. I'm sort of basing the project on the Mothership compilation, only with a redesigned advertising campaign.

Thanks ever so much if you could help me out. It's only ten simple questions afterall. :)

1. How long have you been listening to Led Zeppelin? Since 1976

2. What would you say is your favourite album of theirs? The Song Remains the Same - Live Physical Graffiti - Studio

3. Your favourite song(s)?Ten Years Gone, Ach Last Stand, Rain Song (live)

4. In terms of design, what would you say is their most powerful album sleeve? TSRTS

5. What colours or colour schemes would you generally associate with the band? Black and Brown

6. During which period of their career would you say they were at their creative peak?1970 - 76. From III to Presence, each album is unique and shows the progression of the band.

7. In general, what do you think would be the most effective means of introducing the band’s music to the younger generations? The O2 show was a good start, Another tour would do it. Releasing the catalog on I-Tunes was huge.

8. Who or what made you start listening to them? Where I grew up, you could not escape listening to them. I first heard them when I was 10.

9. Apart from the obvious iconic image of the zeppelin, what do you think is the strongest form of imagery associated with the band? The Swan Song emblem, the band on stage at MSG for TSRTS.

10. Finally, in no more than five words, what do you love about Led Zeppelin? They never sold out.

About 1 1/2 years, since summer 2006.

Presence

Candy Store Rock, Carouselambra, ALS, IMTOD and GTC.

ITTOD

White/Grey

1970-72

Lots of ads...

"Backmasking"

symbols.jpg

They did it their way.

Since 1988.

Physical Graffiti

Your Time Is Gonna Come

Good Times Bad Times

Thank You

Immigrant Song

Friends

Out On The Tiles

Tangerine

That's The Way

Stairway To Heaven

Going To California

The Song Remains The Same

Rain Song

Over The Hills And Far Away

No Quarter

Kashmir

Bron-Y-Aur

In The Light

Down By The Seaside

Ten Years Gone

Boogie With Stu

Tea For One

Fool In The Rain

Hot Dog

I'm Gonna Crawl

Baby, Come On Home

Hey, Hey What Can I Do?

(this is all I can think of right now, there's probably more)

Houses of the Holy

Tye-Dye

Early to mid-70's.

7. In general, what do you think would be the most effective means of introducing the band's music to the younger generations?

Get them to listen to it.

This is actually a weird story. I got into Zeppelin through the hysteria back in the 80's about backward masking. So I didn't know anything about Zeppelin except that they were supposed to be satanists and such and then during the weekly Sunday night dedication party on a local radio station, they played Stairway to Heaven and it was the first time I heard the song all the way through and I just happened to record it. I was hooked on Zeppelin from that point on. This summer/fall will mark 20 years of Zeppelin-mania for me. :)

The amazing wall of sound, which even comes out during the softer songs.

Enduring, honest, uplifting music!

You're welcome.

"Backmasking"

I'm glad I'm not the only one that got into Zeppelin this way. I don't feel so ridiculous now. lol

I started sometime in 2006. I can't remember the exact date. I'm in college, like I actually remember anything.

Physical Graffiti

When the Levee Breaks and The Ocean

LZIII

Black and white

Mid-70s. Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti are nothing short of brilliant.

Well I guess technically I'm one of the "younger generation," and I think you should just put their music out there. If the recipient's taste in music isn't deplorable, they'll enjoy it.

A lot of the musicians I listen to count them as one of their personal favorites, so I figured they couldn't be half bad. Plus I was visiting home during a break from school and really bored. There were a lot of CDs around...

Robert Plant's pants :P

They kicked music's ass.

Here you go fuzz. Good luck with your project: Let us know how goes it.

Led Zeppelin

IN THIS ORDER: D'yer Mak'er, Misty Mountain Hop, Immigrant Song, Whole Lotta Love, All My Love, Hey Hey What Can I Do, Going to California, Black Dog, Bring It on Home, I Can't Quit You Babe, In My Time of Dying, We're Gonna Groove, Kashmir, Stairway to Heaven

Houses of The Holy

Blue Jeans, Candy

1969-1976

If they do more projects together. Led Zep is a distinct sound of its own. The music speaks for itself. No gimmickry required.

Black Dog. In first grade my much older childhood friend played it on stereo 18 times a day. It also played in my head while watching Sesame Street.

Apart from ZOSO? There's The Swan Song emblem.

Also: Robert Plant's hair. His jeans. His blouses. Jimmy Page and Les Paul.

Lyrics. Voice. Drums. Music. Robert.

hey , i´m new here, so i thought this might be a nice way to also introduce myself a bit ..

since i was maybe 5 or 6 years old, my big brothers used to listen to them back then.

Houses of the Holy

the song remains the same, the ocean, four sticks, when the levee breaks, kashmir, in the light, communication breakdown, nobodý´s fault but mine... really depends on mood.

Physical Graffiti

desert brown, orange, red and blue.

72- 75

play out the music loudly - it carries a lot of emotion, that should do the rest.

as mentioned, my big brothers, but then it was this guy at school when i was 13 who sold his old records like PG and some boots. wow, i was soo proud have some of these back then!

a violin bow held high upon a certain electric guitarist´s head.

light and shade

Since the early 70's

PG

Kashmir, When The Levee Breaks (amongst many others)

Untitled fourth album

Muticoloured electrochromic polymers derived from easily oxidized bis[2-(3,4-ethylenedioxy)thienyl]carbazoles

Bron-yr-Aur

Vinyl in chronological order

A bass player at school, who now helps out with 'The Darkness'

Fall of the Day, Four Symbols and The Object

Two words: lip-smacking-thirst-quenching-ace-tasting-motivating-good-buzzing-cool-talking-high-walking-fast-living-ever-giving-cool-fizzing Zeppelin

1. How long have you been listening to Led Zeppelin? 24-25 years

2. What would you say is your favourite album of theirs? III

3. Your favourite song(s)? Houses of the Holy (on the Physical Graffitti album)

4. In terms of design, what would you say is their most powerful album sleeve? Houses of the Holy (the album)

5. What colours or colour schemes would you generally associate with the band? purple, red, orange, blue, black

6. During which period of their career would you say they were at their creative peak? All of it

7. In general, what do you think would be the most effective means of introducing the band’s music to the younger generations? No need- if they are into rock, they discover it themselves.

8. Who or what made you start listening to them? Sadly, I believe my appreciation occured for the first time as a result of chemical interference.

9. Apart from the obvious iconic image of the zeppelin, what do you think is the strongest form of imagery associated with the band? The hermit with the lamp.

10. Finally, in no more than five words, what do you love about Led Zeppelin? Positive male energy

:D

1. How long have you been listening to Led Zeppelin? Approximately 31 years.

2. What would you say is your favourite album of theirs? Led Zeppelin III

3. Your favourite song(s)? This is a tough one. It really depends on the day. Lately, I'm really loving the songs where I think Bonham shines: "When the Levee Breaks", "Trampled Under Foot", "Moby Dick", "Bonzo's Montreux", etc.

4. In terms of design, what would you say is their most powerful album sleeve? 1. Led Zeppelin III. 2. Untitled (IV). 3. Physical Graffiti.

5. What colours or colour schemes would you generally associate with the band? Believe it or not, brown and sepia, because of the colors on Led Zeppelin II. It was the first Zep album I bought.

6. During which period of their career would you say they were at their creative peak? I will have to come back to this one.

7. In general, what do you think would be the most effective means of introducing the band’s music to the younger generations? Sadly, it seems these days people latch on to songs that are used in commercials. If their music was used in an iPod commercial or were featured in "Guitar Hero", people would be all over it. I hope someone has a better idea about this than me, because I would really hate to see Zeppelin go down that road. :(

8. Who or what made you start listening to them? The radio. Does anybody remember the radio? :)

9. Apart from the obvious iconic image of the zeppelin, what do you think is the strongest form of imagery associated with the band? The ZoSo symbol.

10. Finally, in no more than five words, what do you love about Led Zeppelin? Diversity. Creativity. Integrity. Talent. Power.

PG

IMTOD

IV

I don't

Early/middle 70s

Radio play?

John Peel (DJ)

The runes, I guess

Blues/beauty/strength/rhythm/intangible

1. How long have you been listening to Led Zeppelin? 36 years

2. What would you say is your favourite album of theirs? It's all one giant long album to me.

3. Your favourite song(s)? Wearing and Tearing, Tea For One, The Rover, Gallows Pole, The Song Remains The Same, Tangerine, That's The Way, In My Time of Dying, Dazed and Confused, Since I've Been Loving You, The Rain Song, Thank You, Bron Yr Aur, Black Mountain Side, Hey Hey What Can I Do, When the Levee Breaks, I'm Gonna Crawl, For Your Life...I better stop before I name all the songs!

4. In terms of design, what would you say is their most powerful album sleeve? III

5. What colours or colour schemes would you generally associate with the band? In terms of color I think of them as an explosion of every color.

6. During which period of their career would you say they were at their creative peak? It's all a peak to me - I loved it all.

7. In general, what do you think would be the most effective means of introducing the band’s music to the younger generations? All it needs is enthusiastic fans to keep passing it on. There will be fans in every generation that will in turn make new fans - just hand it out!

8. Who or what made you start listening to them? I walked into a room and Black Dog started to play. That was all it took. Robert's voice followed by that powerful guitar - I was captivated for life.

9. Apart from the obvious iconic image of the zeppelin, what do you think is the strongest form of imagery associated with the band? Anything connected to Jimmy Page - his images, symbols, dragons, bow aloft - to me he is the embodiment of Zeppelin.

10. Finally, in no more than five words, what do you love about Led Zeppelin? Their freedom, chemistry, and raw emotion.

only since november of 2006.

physical graffiti

In My Time of Dying

then Since I've Been Loving You

then The Lemon Song

then Tangerine

the fourth

none :huh: wait, unless black satin with dragons on it counts as a colour scheme...

early to mid seventies

letting them hear it on vinyl

patrick keeler (from the raconteurs) and that i was a drummer

the runes, the swan song logo, the dove in the hand photo of robert

everything... Bonham, Page, Plant, Jones

about 4 years

Led Zeppelin I

Stairway Way to Heaven #1, Dazed and Confused #2, Achilles Last Stand #3 and How Many More Times #4

Led Zeppelin IV? Not really sure but I think IV had the most symbolic meaning in it.

Red for some reason. also black and white, as they were generally an old band. The best recordings on the DVD (Denmark) Were black and white and my fave album I has the design in black and white.

68-72

The early live bootlegs, showing highlights of when they were at their best such as Pat's Delight from 4-27-69

Heard Black Dog and The Ocean at my friends house, was hooked since.

Black and White pics of their early days, jammin it out rockin the shit out of everyone who had no idea what to expect.

They rock my balls off

Probably since I was about 12, so about 9 years.

Tough....I would say either II or Presence.

Black Dog, Achilles Last Stand, Kashmir, Dazed And Confused

Zeppelin I

The rockin' kind?

Inbetween IV and Houses Of The Holy.

I think the job's already being done quite well.

Just as I expanded my knowledge of music, I came across them.

THE LES PAUL

They know how to rock!

3 years (really listening)

Led Zeppelin 1

communication breakdown

no quarter

The song remains the same

since i've been loving you

led zeppelin 1

black, red

the later era, around presence.

show more zeppelin concerts on vh1

recruited as a bass player in a led zeppelin tribute band

the swansong dude

Raw, explosive passion.

Now 2 years, when I was 14

euhm Tough question! I think I'd go with Presence

Riiight! All of them!

Led Zeppelin III

I'm not really sure, desert brown, black and the red as on the cover of Mothership

Play Led Zeppelin more on the radio

A top 100, STH was on nr1 so I downloaded it and immediately when I started to listen, I was sold

Gibson EDS-1275 (double neck)

Everything you ever can imagine!

over 30 years

Presence

Going To California, Ten Years Gone, That's the Way, When the Levee Breaks, No Quarter, The Rover, Tea for One, For Your Life..too hard to narrow down!

IV

don't

1970-75

Radio

Radio, older sibling

Runes

Undefinable, unique, honest, heavy, light

Since 1978.

Led Zeppelin III.

Nobody’s Fault But Mine, Since I’ve Been Loving You, Ramble On, No Quarter, Four Sticks, Thank You, Communication Breakdown, Poor Tom, The Rover, Down By The Seaside.

Led Zeppelin I.

Purple?

1969 - 74.

Selective tracks picked to suit their particular genre of music. Once you've got them comfortable with the idea of listening to Led Zeppelin then hit them with the rest.

My brother left a copy of Led Zeppelin II out. I put it on and listened to side two first and was blown away. It was some time before I listened to side one. Once I did, I knew that this was for me.

The four symbols.

They’re always there for me.

8 years

Led Zeppelin I, II, III, Presence

Babe, I'm gonna leave you, Dazed and Confused, Whole Lotta Love, Immigrant Song, Kashmir, Achilles Last Stand, Nobody's Fault But Mine

Physical Graffiti

Orange, black

1969 - 76

Radio

A friend played Babe, I'm gonna leave you for me and I fell in love with it.

The four symbols, Page and Plant onstage

Everything

37 years

It's a tie between III and IV

Immigrant Song, Black Dog, Bron-y-Aur Stomp, The Rain Song, Gallows Pole, What Is and What Should Never Be, Ramble On...just a few that first spring to mind

Houses Of The Holy

Brown, orange, black and white

Their time at Bron-Yr-Aur

Persuade them to do the festival circuit this Summer!! :lol:

My eldest brother

The cover of Led Zep I, Jimmys' double-necker and the SwanSong logo

The soundtrack to my life

Five years.

Probably Untitled.

Battle of Evermore

Ten Years Gone

Heartbreaker

Houses of the Holy

black, blue, orange

1970-72

Honestly, I've no idea.

My roommate played me the Battle of Evermore.

A combination of occult imagery and art deco, but if you want to be original, try to avoid it.

Diversity.

Good luck.

Archived