A Brief Interrogation

fuzzman

1. How long have you been listening to Led Zeppelin? A few years

2. What would you say is your favourite album of theirs? Too hard to decide

3. Your favourite song(s)? Dazed and Confused, Whole Lotta Love, Since I've Been Loving You, Stairway To Heaven, No Quarter, Kashmir, Achilles Last Stand, In The Evening

4. In terms of design, what would you say is their most powerful album sleeve? Presence

5. What colours or colour schemes would you generally associate with the band? "All I see, turns to brown"

6. During which period of their career would you say they were at their creative peak? 1971-75

7. In general, what do you think would be the most effective means of introducing the band’s music to the younger generations? A WORLD TOUR!

8. Who or what made you start listening to them? Supernatural forces beyond my control

9. Apart from the obvious iconic image of the zeppelin, what do you think is the strongest form of imagery associated with the band? The four symbols

10. Finally, in no more than five words, what do you love about Led Zeppelin? Rock and roll!

tyedye, I think I love you! :hippy:

1. How long have you been listening to Led Zeppelin?

Since 1969

2. What would you say is your favourite album of theirs?

Recently, the re-master of The Song Remains the Same - I want some of what Kevin Shirley was smoking... :D

Otherwise, IV.

3. Your favourite song(s)?

How long have you got? :D Here's a stab, limited to 10 (in no particular order): Stairway; Achille's Last Stand; The Ocean; When the Levee Breaks; Going to California; Whole Lotta Love; No Quarter; Dazed & Confused; Black Dog; (ok, limited to 15): Friends; Ramble On; The Rain Song; Bron-Yr-Yur; Hey, Hey What Can I Do

4. In terms of design, what would you say is their most powerful album sleeve?

I

5. What colours or colour schemes would you generally associate with the band?

Black, white, red; or flaming psychedelic orange

6. During which period of their career would you say they were at their creative peak?

'07 to....? ;)

Ok, '69 - '76

7. In general, what do you think would be the most effective means of introducing the band's music to the younger generations?

People find this music when they're supposed to. But it might be nice to let it be used in movies (in judicious fashion...)

8. Who or what made you start listening to them?

From 1969 - '74, it was the radio stations playin' 'em all the time; in '75 & '76, it was my brother playin' 'em all the time; and in 2005 I got sucked back in by Plant's "Mighty Rearranger," and now I play 'em all the freakin' time...

9. Apart from the obvious iconic image of the zeppelin, what do you think is the strongest form of imagery associated with the band?

60px-Zoso.svg.png

10. Finally, in no more than five words, what do you love about Led Zeppelin?

The music and the magick.

Thanks everybody, I massively appreciate this.

You're welcome. Let us know how it turns out.

since 1972....

physical graffitti-that would be today

studio: in the light

live: the song remains the same

houses of the holy....the burnt orange just owns the '70's

see above

6. During which period of their career would you say they were at their creative peak?

1969-1975, although i am loath to count out any years, including years still to come.

7. In general, what do you think would be the most effective means of introducing the band’s music to the younger generations?

a tour would do nicely, i think. in lieu of that, the transition to digital downloading should position them nicely.

i had always heard in the background of my life (via fm radio in the states circa 1970-72), but an next door neighbor who was 8 years older than me gave me his zep 1 and 2 8-track tapes. song after song they captured my imagination until, at 10 years old, i was a seething zep head with control problems (not bowels!)

9. Apart from the obvious iconic image of the zeppelin, what do you think is the strongest form of imagery associated with the band?

symbolism, both runic, font, and image type

f**kin' great music

[

30 yrs since 1969

Physical Graffiti

Ocean, Black Dog, Whole Lotta Love

The one with no name

Reds, black

73-77

7. In general, what do you think would be the most effective means of introducing the band’s music to the younger generations?

World tour

They were differnt than other groups, There music talks to you, Plus its good to fuck too.9. Apart from the obvious iconic image of the zeppelin, what do you think is the strongest form of imagery associated with the band?

The Swan song Angel and ZoSo

10. Finally, in no more than five words, what do you love about Led Zeppelin? Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, their music & showmanship

Hi. I was just wondering if some of you fine folks would like to answer a few questions relating to the band. I'm doing a graphic design project on the Zep and I've got to produce a multitude of items for a mock promotional campaign, so it's here that I'm going to start some market research. I'm sort of basing the project on the Mothership compilation, only with a redesigned advertising campaign.

Thanks ever so much if you could help me out. It's only ten simple questions afterall. :)

Since 1969

cant split II & Physical Grafitti

WLL Heartbreaker Thank You SIBLY WTLB STH Four Sticks The Rain Song Kashmir in The Light etc. etc.

III & PG

Red Black Green Brown

1972 - 75

7. In general, what do you think would be the most effective means of introducing the band's music to the younger generations?

Playing other songs on radio and live in concert

Read about them in Melody Maker, Rolling Stone & an Oz mag called Juke.

The runes, Icarus and the name in general.

sexy mystical music light and shade

[

30 yrs since 1969

Physical Graffiti

Ocean, Black Dog, Whole Lotta Love

The one with no name

Reds, black

73-77

World tour

They were differnt than other groups, There music talks to you, Plus its good to fuck too.9. Apart from the obvious iconic image of the zeppelin, what do you think is the strongest form of imagery associated with the band?

The Swan song Angel and ZoSo

10. Finally, in no more than five words, what do you love about Led Zeppelin? Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, their music & showmanship

Nice one Lusty B)

Hi. I was just wondering if some of you fine folks would like to answer a few questions relating to the band. I'm doing a graphic design project on the Zep and I've got to produce a multitude of items for a mock promotional campaign, so it's here that I'm going to start some market research. I'm sort of basing the project on the Mothership compilation, only with a redesigned advertising campaign.

Thanks ever so much if you could help me out. It's only ten simple questions afterall. :)

since 1976

Physical Graffitti

That's the Way, The Rover, Ten Years Gone

the 4th albun

black and white

1970-1975

Radio station play, internet

went to see SRTS when it came out in 1976

9. Apart from the obvious iconic image of the zeppelin, what do you think is the strongest form of imagery associated with the band? band members themselves

their loyalty to John Bonham

• 1 month later...

3 months

Led Zeppelin I, II, III, Presence, Physical Graffiti

Babe I'm gonna leave you, Friends, No quarter, Kashmir, Achilles last stand, Stairway to heaven, Nobody's fault but mine, Dazed and confused, Immigrant song, Heartbreaker, Whole lotta love, Thank you, All of my love, The rover, The lemon song.... I just can't stop listing them all...

Physical Graffiti

Blue, Black

'69-'75

Radio

My friend played Kashmir ages ago, but soon I've forgotten about it. And only after she went to the O2 concert and couldnt stop talking about Led Zep, I had to listen to their songs and just fell in love...

Plant and Page, TIGHT JEANS!!!

Robert Plant... Well, everything!

Since 1973 or so...

Led Zeppelin II

Since Ive Been Loving You, Kashmir, Black Dog...

The Fourth Album

IDK...Black, White, Red.

1968-1980

Show them the live performances.

My older brother got me into them.

ZoSo

They are the total package.

Since I was in the womb, probably. I was raised on Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, etc.

Presence. Page's finest hour, as far as I'm concerned.

3. Your favourite song(s)

"Achilles Last Stand", "No Quarter", "In My Time Of Dying", "Gallows Pole", "When The Levee Breaks", "How Many More Times", "The Lemon Song" (to name but a few.)

The first album, actually. Simple and to the point.

Silver, black and green...don't ask me why.

1970 to 1972. I feel they really and truly found THEIR voice, as it were, with the third album, and peaked, both musically and from a production standpoint, with "Houses Of The Holy". That said, however, my personal preference is for the "PG"/"Presence" era, and for the '77 tour in particular!

Play them the fourth album. If they like that, show 'em the double DVD- you'll never fully appreciate Zeppelin's talents as a band till you 've heard 'em live!

Like I say, I heard 'em the whole time I was growing up, but, once I got into playing guitar, bass and drums myself, it was really the DRUMS, and the immense talents of John Henry Bonham, then Page's multitracking abilities, plus Jonesy's ultra-melodic bass playing that hooked me for life. (I have to be honest: I respect his talents, but I'm not really a Robert Plant fan- sacriledge, I know...)

The ancient Celtic mysticism. White Magick.

Musical interaction= Best. Band. Ever.

Are we still going? Looks like fun anyway.

Since mid-December 2006.

LZIII

3. Your favourite song(s)

Bron-Yr-Aur, Nobody's Fault, Hats off to (Roy) Harper, In My Time of Dying, Dazed and Confused, Four Sticks, etc. etc. etc.

Physical Graffiti

Black, red and purple.

All of it.....okay, maybe '68-71 and then up again in '76

Play them one of the compilations, I suppose.

I was a Jimmy fan already because of the Yardbirds.

ZoSo. And that picture of Jimmy in the white dragon suit where it looks like he has really long legs. :D

James Patrick Page....renovated blues.

Archived