She's an American Girl!

icantquityoubabe

Well my fellow Zepp heads, I was a bit surprized that Tom Petty got the gig for the big American event. But he was perfect!! He could not have done a better job given the limited time he knew he had. He put the Rolling Stones to shame, sad for me to say as a big Stones fan. He was perfect. Could not have done any better with the time he had to work with. Great perfomance. Got in the big hits and didnt just go out and beat one song to death like Jagger did with Satisfaction. I can only hope that next year it will be Page and Plant and a Bills victory!!!! And by the way, Im posting this as a new topic because there is no control any more. People are just popping up new threads all the time.

He was anouced to play half time back in June. or are you refering to somthing else.

Yeah i do like how they do the super bowl now with one band. I never like the three bands deal they had before nipple gate. There is not many people under the age of 35 at those games, so the halftime show hould be atleast that age.

My Little honey bee played ALL the songs he knew would get the fans excited again.

And it worked, I've been tracking the tour and signed up for a contest as well.

These guys are my Americana. As I've said a million times, Mike Campbell is just inf*ckingcredible.

Oh yeah....... :yay:

I thought Tom Petty did a GREAT job - yes it was all hits but what else would you want to hear?

Since it's such a huge primetime audience I'm sure he was expected to stick to his hit songs. Otherwise you run the risk of a large amount of them tuning out the broadcast.

I read earlier that there is some contoversy regarding Petty's performance as it is alleged that he lip-synched the performance. I haven't seen it myself.

Sorry, but no. I just watched it on youtube again. He isn't lip-synching shit. Why the hell would you come to this board and post this shit?

Or maybe you, like an idiot thought he was lip-synching. He's Tom "fucking" Petty. He's been doing this for 30+ years.

wow i didnt realize so many people actually still liked tom petty.......honstly.....

i personally cannot stand to hear or look at him.

i turned it off very fast.

sorry! :D

actually...i never watch halftime shows

i totally enjoyed the "Puppy Bowl" on animal planet though...it was adorable!! too cute & funny.....much better than all of the super bowl opportunists....and all the stupid commercials.....what a waste of time & money....

wow i didnt realize so many people actually still liked tom petty.......honstly.....

i totally enjoyed the "Puppy Bowl" on animal planet though...it was adorable!! too cute & funny.....much better than all of the super bowl opportunists....and all the stupid commercials.....what a waste of time & money....

Are you kidding me? The puppy dog show? Petty put on a very good show. I wonder how many people were watching the puppy dog show besides you? I could probably count them on one hand. Ive seen everything now!

You must not pay attention to touring bands. Tom Petty concerts draw big numbers. And he always puts on an amazing show.

Goes to show what you know, and what you don't.

I can't hear "American Girl" without thinking of Silence Of The Lambs.

"Say, are you about a size 14?"

"Sorry?"

BASH!!

Yeah they did play it in the movie but hell, that isnt Petty's fault. Great song in my opinion. Much better than Puppy Bowl XXL or whatever that other poster watched! Ill tell you, I had kind of forgotten about Tom Petty for a while. I was damn impressed with his performance. He didnt waste any time. Knew he had little time to work with and was simply brilliant in my view. Much better than the drawn out version of Satisfaction the Stones stunk up the joint with a few yrs back. And better than getting a peak of Janet Jackson. The man was good! He really is underated. Has some good material.

Sorry, but no. I just watched it on youtube again. He isn't lip-synching shit. Why the hell would you come to this board and post this shit?

Or maybe you, like an idiot thought he was lip-synching. He's Tom "fucking" Petty. He's been doing this for 30+ years.

This person asking the question didn't think he was lip-synching, at least that's the impression I got. I've seen several posts on other boards today asking the same question. They were merely coming here to ask other people's thoughts, not to accuse Petty of lip-synching. Lots of artists have done it over the years (including artists of Petty's caliber), you'd probably be surprised.

Petty put on a very good show. I wonder how many people were watching the puppy dog show besides you? I could probably count them on one hand. Ive seen everything now!

I'm not a sports fan or a Tom Petty fan so I made no effort whatsover to tune in the Super Bore or the halftime show. I did watch a few minutes of the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet but that was about it. Mainly I watched The Back of My Eyelids.

This person asking the question didn't think he was lip-synching, at least that's the impression I got. I've seen several posts on other boards today asking the same question. They were merely coming here to ask other people's thoughts, not to accuse Petty of lip-synching. Lots of artists have done over the years (including artists of Petty's caliber), you'd probably be surprised.

I'm not a sports fan or a Tom Petty fan so I made no effort whatsover to tune in the Super Bore or the halftime show. I did watch a few minutes of the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet but that was about it. Mainly I watched The Back of My Eyelids.

The simple fact that whomever posted that Petty might have been lip-synching, due to outside sources, pissed me off. Why come here and post that? Because he has the right? Ok, fine, but I highly doubt Tom Petty would Lip-synch. And he obviously didn't. Had that person watched the performance, or knew Tom Petty for that matter, I doubt they would have given it a second thought.

And I don' believe there is anyone of "Caliber" to match Tom Petty. Maybe Bob Seger, but then again, we all know Seger wouldn't Lip Synch either.

The simple fact that whomever posted that Petty might have been lip-synching, due to outside sources, pissed me off. Why come here and post that? Because he has the right? Ok, fine, but I highly doubt Tom Petty would Lip-synch. And he obviously didn't. Had that person watched the performance, or knew Tom Petty for that matter, I doubt they would have given it a second thought.

I got the impression that poster was just seeking the opinion of others, not accusing Petty of lip-synching theirselves. Like I said, I've seen the question posed on a number of other music boards/lists today so it's not like they're the only ones that have wondered about it.

And I don' believe there is anyone of "Caliber" to match Tom Petty. Maybe Bob Seger, but then again, we all know Seger wouldn't Lip Synch either.

I wouldn't put lip-synching past most any performer, Seger or Petty included, it all depends on the circumstances. In regards to "caliber", I wasn't referring to artists that sound similar to Petty or mine simillar musical turf, I meant performers of his popularity.

You must not pay attention to touring bands. Tom Petty concerts draw big numbers. And he always puts on an amazing show.

Goes to show what you know, and what you don't.

yeah...amazing if u like him.....i guess

some people are so frigging sensitive....

i know i dont like tom petty....why should you care?

and....when else would i have the opportunity to share that?

relax B)

go put on some....... 'classic' rock....... :rolleyes:

yeah....how about "only the losers" there's a petty classic ..... :D

have a ball ;)

I got the impression that poster was just seeking the opinion of others, not accusing Petty of lip-synching theirselves. Like I said, I've seen the question posed on a number of other music boards/lists today so it's not like they're the only ones that have wondered about it.

I wouldn't put lip-synching past most any performer, Seger or Petty included, it all depends on the circumstances. In regards to "caliber", I wasn't referring to artists that sound similar to Petty or mine simillar musical turf, I meant performers of his popularity.

Tom Petty stands for integrity, look at the things he has said in the past about integrity (or lack thereof) in the recording industry. I don't know him personally, but c'mon... I doubt he would want to alienate his fans, and be known as a lip synch-er. Watch the footage. His vocals are great, but aren't perfect at all. He sounds just like he did, when I saw him two years ago.

I think the people who are accusing him of lip synching, don't know a damn thing about him, or his music.

And i know what you meant by "Caliber". I still stand my ground by saying there is no one who compares to him.

Are you kidding me? The puppy dog show? Petty put on a very good show. I wonder how many people were watching the puppy dog show besides you? I could probably count them on one hand. Ive seen everything now!

hey....the puppies were verrrrrry cute....

....don't you like puppies?

my congratulations on having seen everything.

how so very lucky you are...most people cannot say that.

...oh......and kudos on being able to count on one hand....equally amazing.

bravo

Tom Petty stands for integrity, look at the things he has said in the past about integrity (or lack thereof) in the recording industry. I don't know him personally, but c'mon... I doubt he would want to alienate his fans, and be known as a lip synch-er. Watch the footage. His vocals are great, but aren't perfect at all. He sounds just like he did, when I saw him two years ago.

I think the people who are accusing him of lip synching, don't know a damn thing about him, or his music.

I don't know who the people are, I just know that some have questioned whether he was lip synching or not. I never got the impression that the poster here thought that, they were merely asking since they had seen it mentioned elsewhere (just as I have).

And i know what you meant by "Caliber". I still stand my ground by saying there is no one who compares to him.

Since you named Seger I figured you were just naming someone with similar a "heartland" sound such as Dylan, Springsteen or Mellencamp. As for "caliber", even Seger isn't selling as many records as Petty these days so, in the sense of sales, they're not on an even keel there.

Archived