Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Just so we're clear here, if you're out with your girlfriend (haha) and some guy grabs her, AND IS ARMED, and clearly has intent to do her wrong.......you would do nothing to help, because you wouldn't want to risk your life for her, and going up against someone who is armed would be doing just that.

You would let something happen to her, because you wouldn't want to "risk your life" for someone you supposedly care about.

You know, the more we learn about you, the less I wish we knew.

What if there is no one in the area? You know, what if this doesn't happen in broad fucking daylight? What are you going to do? Piss your pants and run away screaming?

I'm dead serious when I say this; you make me ill.

No, what i said was that i wouldn't be able to beat someone who had a knife or a gun.

We probably shouldn't talk about something like this anymore if you have experienced it.

And wouldn't you be pissed off if her boyfriend acted just like you? Didn't try to stop the guy, didn't make any attempt to grab her away from the guy?

Yes i would. If there is something he could have done and didn't i would be pissed. But i don't know what he would be able to do against someone with a knife or gun.

I haven't been raped, but my friend has and I damn near got beaten to death trying to get the guy off her, unfortunately I wasn't strong enough and he dragged her further away. See, I did risk my life for someone I cared about, in this instance it was my best friend. I'm not like you, I actually care about and love people and will do anything to protect them, even at my own expense.

I haven't been raped, but my friend has and I damn near got beaten to death trying to get the guy off her, unfortunately I wasn't strong enough and he dragged her further away. See, I did risk my life for someone I cared about, in this instance it was my best friend. I'm not like you, I actually care about and love people and will do anything to protect them, even at my own expense.

That's Horrible. Sorry to hear that. Sincerely.

I do care about people. I would help out my buddies in anyway that i could if possible.

Maybe if i was put in the same position things would be different. Let's hope it never happens.

I do care about people. I would help out my buddies in anyway that i could if possible.

Maybe if i was put in the same position things would be different. Let's hope it never happens.

That was my next question.... so you would put your ass on the line for your guy friends before you would for a girl?

There is nothing wrong with a guy putting his life on the line as long as he is in love? No, i guess i will never understand this thinking.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with that, because it's natural. It's not a duty, it's something you want to do willingly. I would protect my bf against a robber anytime. I just know he wouldn't let me, simply because he's much stronger than me.

I know you will never understand this. Yet, I also don't understand how magnetophone works (physics was never my cuppa coffee), but I have no problem with accepting that it does.

You only have one life. There are no second chances.

Oh right. So it's better to stand with a drink in your hand every Saturday night waiting until someone else approaches you (which obviously never happens, so you pretty much just waste your time life) rather than give it some meaning.

I just don't like the attitude that it is the guys' "duty" to do this stuff. And not the women's. No one is higher on the food chain.

:blink:

Spats, how many times do we have to tell you that this is not a matter of attitude. It's a biological fact. Men ARE "higher on the food chain," because they are physically stronger.

I agree that life can be easier if someone cares about you. But there is a difference between that and taking care of someone and protecting them.

No, there is not.

It should not be one sided where the girl gets all of that but there is no one to take care of the guy or protect him.

What the FUCK are you talking about? Who says a girl gets all of that. Do you think I don't take care of my man? I supported him when he applied for a job. I helped him with revising for a university entrance exam. I cured him when he was sick. I borrowed him some money when he was broke. I cooked for him today.

You are simply full of shit. You can live your solitary, "independent" life, but stop telling others who think otherwise that there's something wrong with their "attitude". And, more importantly, stop complaining.

That was my next question.... so you would put your ass on the line for your guy friends before you would for a girl?

That is exactly what I was going to ask. Lets say yer on the harbourfront with your buddy and some guy comes out and tries to rob you...so you hand over your wallets and then he pulls a gun and is going to shoot you both or one of you anyway? Humans have a fight or flight response...would you run knowing the guy would shoot you in the back or would your natural fight instinct kick in? I have to wonder about your testosterone level. It seems most women here have more than you do Spats. I think I can speak for all of us who are having this conversation that no matter WHO we were with our FIGHT instinct would come out....it's a very low level response mechanism....it's natural.

Let's just say YOU would be safer in a dark alley with ME than I would be with YOU! What a wuss!!! It's also called COURAGE Spats....I actually think you suffer from low self esteem since it seems you lack courage in a lot of areas of your life. Low self esteem is something EVERYONE has to a degree...but c'mon man! It's really hard to imagine someone responding the way you've said you would to DANGER! You are an interesting specimen for sure....

I can see Spats brain cells just churning trying to determine the odds, calculating the risks, hunting for cover, shit you'd be dead before you figure that all out....sheesh! Maybe you should take one of those womens self defense classes to bolster your confidence....just a thought. <_<

I have known some of my buddies since high school!! They are my best friends. More important than any girl i am dating. I don't know any women or have dated any women that could inspire that type of loyalty. And i don't see any in the future at this rate. Dude, experience what i have experienced or get out on the dating scene and you will understand where i am coming from.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with that, because it's natural. It's not a duty, it's something you want to do willingly. I would protect my bf against a robber anytime. I just know he wouldn't let me, simply because he's much stronger than me.

I know you will never understand this. Yet, I also don't understand how magnetophone works (physics was never my cuppa coffee), but I have no problem with accepting that it does.

Oh right. So it's better to stand with a drink in your hand every Saturday night waiting until someone else approaches you (which obviously never happens, so you pretty much just waste your time life) rather than give it some meaning.

:blink:

Spats, how many times do we have to tell you that this is not a matter of attitude. It's a biological fact. Men ARE "higher on the food chain," because they are physically stronger.

No, there is not.

What the FUCK are you talking about? Who says a girl gets all of that. Do you think I don't take care of my man? I supported him when he applied for a job. I helped him with revising for a university entrance exam. I cured him when he was sick. I borrowed him some money when he was broke. I cooked for him today.

You are simply full of shit. You can live your solitary, "independent" life, but stop telling others who think otherwise that there's something wrong with their "attitude". And, more importantly, stop complaining.

Sitting and waiting for women to approach probably isn't the ideal way to spend my time but i think it's better than the alternative which is to get my ass rejected left and right every week. At least this way it is less painful. If i had continued going the way i was in my late teens i would probably have an ulcer the size of the grand canyon by now. :o

That is exactly what I was going to ask. Lets say yer on the harbourfront with your buddy and some guy comes out and tries to rob you...so you hand over your wallets and then he pulls a gun and is going to shoot you both or one of you anyway? Humans have a fight or flight response...would you run knowing the guy would shoot you in the back or would your natural fight instinct kick in? I have to wonder about your testosterone level. It seems most women here have more than you do Spats. I think I can speak for all of us who are having this conversation that no matter WHO we were with our FIGHT instinct would come out....it's a very low level response mechanism....it's natural.

Let's just say YOU would be safer in a dark alley with ME than I would be with YOU! What a wuss!!! It's also called COURAGE Spats....I actually think you suffer from low self esteem since it seems you lack courage in a lot of areas of your life. Low self esteem is something EVERYONE has to a degree...but c'mon man! It's really hard to imagine someone responding the way you've said you would to DANGER! You are an interesting specimen for sure....

You cannot fight a person with a gun. They shoot you and it's over. A person can play hero if they want and go with their "fight instinct" but they are going to lose against someone with a gun. Realizing that and hoping to live another day is not a sign of lack of self esteem. I just know what i can and cannot do.

i think he has stated in no uncertain terms that he does...

No, i am just saying that you're best friends come before some girl you have the hots for. I chatted with a girl at harbourfront but i had to decide whether to continue chatting with her or go back to hanging out with my friends. She wasn't that hot so i excused myself and went and hung out with my buddies. That's nuts? i just see it as having you're priorities in order.

Sitting and waiting for women to approach probably isn't the ideal way to spend my time but i think it's better than the alternative which is to get my ass rejected left and right every week. At least this way it is less painful. If i had continued going the way i was in my late teens i would probably have an ulcer the size of the grand canyon by now. :o

Oh the drama. :blahblah:

Any man who would value his friends over his woman, is no man at all.

Okay so say a guy has been dating a girl for like a month or two but he has known his buddies for 15 years???? The guys he can completely trust and who know him inside and out , who accept him for the way he is and don't try and change him (except with his women troubles) compared with a girl he has been dating for a couple months??

Who do you pick?

Edited by spats

If this man and this woman were out on a date, and someone tried to harm the woman.......and the man ran away because she's not his buddy and therefore not worth as much, he's a waste of oxygen. You don't just let something happen to the person you're with because they're not your buddy or you haven't known them a long time. That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard in my fucking life.

If this man and this woman were out on a date, and someone tried to harm the woman.......and the man ran away because she's not his buddy and therefore not worth as much, he's a waste of oxygen. You don't just let something happen to the person you're with because they're not your buddy or you haven't known them a long time. That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard in my fucking life.

I wasn't talking about the gun thing anymore. Just in general.

But i think in general most would not put their life on the line for someone they barely know.

Edited by spats

You cannot fight a person with a gun. They shoot you and it's over. A person can play hero if they want and go with their "fight instinct" but they are going to lose against someone with a gun. Realizing that and hoping to live another day is not a sign of lack of self esteem. I just know what i can and cannot do.

Sooooo....you'd just go down without a fight? WOW!! I want to rob you with a water pistol :lol:

Ideally Spats....if you gave some of these women that aren't so 'hot' a chance you might find that they would become your friend, and then maybe your best friend.....that's the way most relationships work. You form a team.

Don't worry, I'm sure one day you'll find that girl....

You don't think it's much but that's because you and many other women don't put their ass out to get rejected when it comes to men. You can't relate to it. it chips away at ya.

:rolleyes: Right. How do you know. Cristal ball told you?

I can relate to that very well. You're such a pussy it's beyond annoying.