Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I'm getting real sick and tired of banned members coming back under new names and then crawling up my ass like they're some hero avenging. There is no reason for some "newbie" to be doing that unless they weren't really new and had an axe to grind. Fuck this shit.

Tommy's Pet Peeve # 10

People who insist on going out to eat in a quiet upscale restaurant while having a stuffy nose. Listen sicky - I'm sitting 3 tables over, and I can still hear you struggling to breathe through your mouth while you stuff your face with food. The way you sniffle after every bite makes me realize that you're not even trying, and makes me realize how lucky you are - because if I wasn't here on a date, I would make a quick exit in order to wire a <GPS navigation system> underneath your car to <aide> you and your <stunning> wife. Quarantine yourself.

Edited by docron

Tommy's Pet Peeve # 10

People who insist on going out to eat in a quiet upscale restaurant while having a stuffy nose. Listen sicky - I'm sitting 3 tables over, and I can still hear you struggling to breathe through your mouth while you stuff your face with food. The way you sniffle after every bite makes me realize that you're not even trying, and makes me realize how lucky you are - because if I wasn't here on a date, I would make a quick exit in order to wire a car bomb underneath your car to kill you and your whore of a wife. Quarantine yourself.

That's a seriously fucked up thing to say.

Tommy's Pet Peeve # 10

People who insist on going out to eat in a quiet upscale restaurant while having a stuffy nose. Listen sicky - I'm sitting 3 tables over, and I can still hear you struggling to breathe through your mouth while you stuff your face with food. The way you sniffle after every bite makes me realize that you're not even trying, and makes me realize how lucky you are - because if I wasn't here on a date, I would make a quick exit in order to wire a <GPS navigation system> underneath your car to <aide> you and your <stunning> wife. Quarantine yourself.

It sounds like this happens to you quite often?

I have to say that one is funny. Why eat anywhere unless your hungry? The dude had a cold or something, life goes on, get over it. When your all grown up and married you will have forgotten all about it.

Nice car homeslice.

Slow play on the golf course 50 practice swings to hit the ball 10ft. Then they go through the routine again ! Another 10 min looking for a ball that went into the water.

Go play a par 3 course or take a lesson or two. :P

Slow play on the golf course 50 practice swings to hit the ball 10ft. Then they go through the routine again ! Another 10 min looking for a ball that went into the water.

That sux! Where's the deputy? Isn't he supposed to make sure people like that let those behind them play through?

Geez, I was playing once with my sister and the deputy was freakin stalking us!! He was so condescending I guess because we were two females. We weren't even playing bad! He kept directing me to where my ball was and watching us, it was creepy! The funniest part was...we did let these guys behind us play through and then one of the dip shits hit his ball into the next holes fairway...he started throwing his clubs and everything...for that alone it was worth it to let the play through...they had to have felt like dip shits though!

That sux! Where's the deputy? Isn't he supposed to make sure people like that let those behind them play through?

Geez, I was playing once with my sister and the deputy was freakin stalking us!! He was so condescending I guess because we were two females. We weren't even playing bad! He kept directing me to where my ball was and watching us, it was creepy! The funniest part was...we did let these guys behind us play through and then one of the dip shits hit his ball into the next holes fairway...he started throwing his clubs and everything...for that alone it was worth it to let the play through...they had to have felt like dip shits though!

They should if they throw they're clubs. I've actually stopped playing weekend golf because of slow play. A big part of the problem is that the courses over book and the marshalls are trying to be customer friendly. A little common sense on the part of the golfers wouldn't hurt either

They should if they throw they're clubs. I've actually stopped playing weekend golf because of slow play. A big part of the problem is that the courses over book and the marshalls are trying to be customer friendly. A little common sense on the part of the golfers wouldn't hurt either

Totally agreed. Why is it that you make a reservation for T time and you have to be there 30 mins. before even though you are not going to tee off until an hour after your reserved time?

Also, around here it's really hard to find a nice easy course...where everyone isn't militant and it's affordable. We have found one course we really enjoy but I'm always a nervous wreck because I'm relatively new to the game. I do seem to have a natural knack for it though and can drive a good steady 175 yards pretty straight. I'm always in fear of holding up someone behind me though as I search for those balls that don't go so straight, LOL! We ALWAYS let people play through. Also here, don't know if they do this where you are but if you are a twosome they set you up with another twosome and you just hope you get with people who aren't total duffers or people that are so damn good you feel like an idiot!

My fave course is this nice little 9 hole in Michigan. It's a private little course where my father has a summer place. It's always DEAD!! AND....it costs next to nothing! We grab our six pack and a cart and just have a blast, you might run into 4 or 5 other people the entire time you're out there!

You're lucky you have the option to play on weekdays!! We probably won't get to play until next month when my hubby goes on hiatus...

I've only played on a real golf course maybe 4 times, other than pitch putt. My first time, I was alone - and evidentally cut in front of several really old people who were waiting to tee off. The first hole was clear of the group ahead of them, and they still sat there like wax figures. So I teed off, and went to take my next swing, when this pissed off guy came speeding over on a cart to chew me out kick me off the course. I pointed to the bench, and those old folks still hadn't moved an inch - so he told me to just go ahead and keep playing. I kept looking back, after each hole was completed, and never saw anyone behind me...

Totally agreed. Why is it that you make a reservation for T time and you have to be there 30 mins. before even though you are not going to tee off until an hour after your reserved time?

Also, around here it's really hard to find a nice easy course...where everyone isn't militant and it's affordable. We have found one course we really enjoy but I'm always a nervous wreck because I'm relatively new to the game. I do seem to have a natural knack for it though and can drive a good steady 175 yards pretty straight. I'm always in fear of holding up someone behind me though as I search for those balls that don't go so straight, LOL! We ALWAYS let people play through. Also here, don't know if they do this where you are but if you are a twosome they set you up with another twosome and you just hope you get with people who aren't total duffers or people that are so damn good you feel like an idiot!

My fave course is this nice little 9 hole in Michigan. It's a private little course where my father has a summer place. It's always DEAD!! AND....it costs next to nothing! We grab our six pack and a cart and just have a blast, you might run into 4 or 5 other people the entire time you're out there!

You're lucky you have the option to play on weekdays!! We probably won't get to play until next month when my hubby goes on hiatus...

Well it's not so much how good a player is as much as it's about knowing how good or bad you are. I'm not a scratch golfer by any means and I don't feel that people should rush they're game but, when you know your limitations and the course is busy then people should just be reasonable about how long they are standing over the ball. The practice swings can be done while we're waiting for the group ahead to get off the green. Have another ball at hand in case you hit yours into no mans land etc. An average weekend round in this area takes about 5-6 hrs when it should really only take 4-5. On a weekday, we can play in 3.5 -4 hrs no problem and not rushing

I've only played on a real golf course maybe 4 times, other than pitch putt. My first time, I was alone - and evidentally cut in front of several really old people who were waiting to tee off. The first hole was clear of the group ahead of them, and they still sat there like wax figures. So I teed off, and went to take my next swing, when this pissed off guy came speeding over on a cart to chew me out kick me off the course. I pointed to the bench, and those old folks still hadn't moved an inch - so he told me to just go ahead and keep playing. I kept looking back, after each hole was completed, and never saw anyone behind me...

Some of the marshalls are outrageous. As much as I don't like unreasonably slow play, I don't think that the game should be rushed. It sounds like maybe those people where members and as is usually the case, the marshalls are too shit scared to hassel them.

And people grabbing their crotches in public.

PAY ATTENTION!

Freedom doesn't mean everyone wants to see your pants falling off around your knees and to the point you walk like you have a corn cob up your ass, or you grabbing your cock every time you want to stress a point.

If you're gonna play with it get a room.

If you cannot dress stay at home.

Edited by Speed Racer

Agreed. I can't stand the 10 practice swing routine.....they're probably wasting the one good swing they had in them!

I take one practice swing on the back of the tee while waiting my turn, then step up and let the big dog eat. B)

Pet peeve i'm gonna try not to repeat again: Ground Transportation. You pay $50 for a roundtrip to the airport (which isn't bad for a 30 mile trip each way)...but they get you there 2 hrs. early and when you want to go home you have to wait 30 minutes and the trip include dropping off people all over the place. From now on, for the same price, i'm leaving my car at the airport.