Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Funny I could have sworn this site is called "Led Zeppelin: Official Forum" last time I checked. I've been a fan for a long time now and I still find new things to discuss about the band.

"And a lot of us like a lot of the same bands." So? I like other bands but I think it's only courteous to the website owners to discuss them on website more appropriate to those artists.

The nice thing about this site is, while like Eternal Light said, there are Led Zeppelin forums (many, in fact, just look above), there are also General Forums. This way "fans" of Led Zeppelin can also discuss other topics. I think it would be pretty boring if this site didn't have such a great variety (and less people would post here). I was on this board since early 02' and it has always been a very social place. That is why people keep coming back. Led Zeppelin get their due respect, and their fans have an opportunity to connect with other fans in a broader way than just talking about one subject.

I don't see how there is any disrespect to the band or the owners of this board. If they saw it that way, i think this place would look quite different. This is a formula that works well, so why are you knocking it? Sincerely, a fan since 1977, (pre-teen) years.

My pet peeve is that there is a "Other Bands / Music" thread on this site. You would think people would sign up here to talk about Led Zeppelin but apparently not. This is analogous to the New York Mets site having a forum discussing the New York Yankees.. It's provocative and I don't see the point. If I wanted to talk about the Yardbirds I would sign up with the Yardbirds official site, which I have done and I do, because I consider it rude talking about different bands on some other band's own homepage.

You're busting our asses because there's a section of the board devoted to talking about other artists? Look, no one here, as much as we love Led Zeppelin, can talk about them all the time. Just because this is their official message board doesn't mean NO OTHER topics of conversation are allowed. I post on several message boards which are "official" to that subject and we have threads/forums/boards devoted to a myriad of things besides that. It creates more interest, generates more traffic and attracts more members.

This site would be fucking boring as hell if there was nothing else to talk about besides Led Zeppelin. As Bonnie so correctly pointed out, there's only so many things to say about them before you've said it all.

Edited by Electrophile

I would disagree. I think the current system does not "work well".

Just like the reality of the world (with all the wars that never seem to end) people will fight here, too. That's human nature.

I think part of the problem now is, sometimes exercising freedom of speech here gets people in trouble. That part is sad, but your original point was about only talking about Led Zeppelin. That is just plain narrow minded, and at least this place isn't run like that. Many would not be here if it did.

We have a music section, movies, politics, other sports (basketball/football/hockey/etc.), and then a random forum kind of like this one for catch-all threads and conversation. It attracts more members, creates more traffic and generates more interest. Which is why Sam has this board set up the way he does.

It's advertised as Led Zeppelin:Official Forum rather than a general blog, so if you honestly believe this site atttracts people who want to talk about movies, politics or heaven forbid child support, cooking and relationships :whistling::rolleyes: rather than Led Zeppelin, please provide the membership figures for non-Led Zeppelin fans.

Just like the reality of the world (with all the wars that never seem to end) people will fight here, too. That's human nature.

I think part of the problem now is, sometimes exercising freedom of speech here gets people in trouble. That part is sad, but your original point was about only talking about Led Zeppelin. That is just plain narrow minded, and at least this place isn't run like that. Many would not be here if it did.

Your speech may have had some merit but you blew it with the name calling, How quaint.

It's advertised as Led Zeppelin:Official Forum rather than a general blog, so if you honestly believe this site atttracts people who want to talk about movies, politics or heaven forbid child support, cooking and relationships :whistling::rolleyes: rather than Led Zeppelin, please provide the membership figures for non-Led Zeppelin fans.

This forum is for the Zep fans who have already deciphered all the Satanic messages in Zep's songs. Are you sure you're in the right place? :D

I wasn't talking about this site. I was talking about another forum I post on. Are you unable to grasp the concept that people who want to talk about Led Zeppelin on their message board might also want to discuss other things too? Without signing up at 2348943897 different message boards?

I don't know what hole in the ground you pulled the "It's rude to talk about other artists on this message board" theory from, but could you put it back? It is not rude, nor has it ever been rude, to talk about The Who here. Or the Beatles. Or The Rolling Stones. Or god forbid, Miley Cyrus. If people want to talk about how big Robert's schlong is, there's a forum for that. If they want to talk about guitar tabs for SIBLY, there's a forum for that. And if they want to talk about how awesome Simon and Garfunkel were, there's a forum for that too.

This is so silly.

Solution <click

I wasn't talking about this site. I was talking about another forum I post on. Are you unable to grasp the concept that people who want to talk about Led Zeppelin on their message board might also want to discuss other things too? Without signing up at 2348943897 different message boards?

I don't know what hole in the ground you pulled the "It's rude to talk about other artists on this message board" theory from, but could you put it back? It is not rude, nor has it ever been rude, to talk about The Who here. Or the Beatles. Or The Rolling Stones. Or god forbid, Miley Cyrus. If people want to talk about how big Robert's schlong is, there's a forum for that. If they want to talk about guitar tabs for SIBLY, there's a forum for that. And if they want to talk about how awesome Simon and Garfunkel were, there's a forum for that too.

This is so silly.

That's tacky. You edited your own post I replied to 2 minutes after my response. That's incredibly underhanded by you.

That's tacky. You edited your own post I replied to 2 minutes after my response. That's incredibly underhanded by you.

No what's tacky is you criticizing the admin here for running a shit site because we dare to discuss other bands here. If you don't like the way this site is run/set up/built, I'm sure there are other message boards that better suit your tastes.

No what's tacky is you criticizing the admin here for running a shit site because we dare to discuss other bands here. If you don't like the way this site is run/set up/built, I'm sure there are other message boards that better suit your tastes.

Looks like you are incapable of reading. My post had nothing to do with criticising Sam. My post had everything to do with discussions that had nothing to do with Led Zeppelin. Since you sir have been putting words into my mouth and also lieing by changing your own posts, your credibility in this discussion is zip.

Looks like you are incapable of reading. My post had nothing to do with criticising Sam. My post had everything to do with discussions that had nothing to do with Led Zeppelin. Since you sir have been putting words into my mouth and also lieing by changing your own posts, your credibility in this discussion is zip.

Do you even frequent other message boards? It is not uncommon to have sections of the site devoted to other topics. Or do you think we should just sit here all day talking about Jimmy Page's teeth?

And sir? I'M FEMALE.

Edited by Electrophile

And sir? I'M FEMALE.

Well act like one. Changing your own arguments in a post then belittling the other poster who had replied to the original for "not getting it" in one of the lowest things a person can do on a message board. I'm done here. My point of view will be expressed to Sam directly rather than wasting my time with posters more intent in making personal attacks.

We're not allowed to discuss other bands/music here.

Then what's next? Am I gonna have to change my avatar and member title because they reference something/someone besides "The Mighty" Led Zeppelin?What about my signature?

Are the mods gonna start banning people if they say the Led Zep isn't their favorite band?

I'm a member of an "official" fan site of a band which has areas to talk about something besides the band in question,and I want to do just that?

Oh,the horror..... :o

:rolleyes:

My pet peeve:People who take Led Zeppelin more seriously than Robert Plant,Jimmy Page,John Bonham,or John Paul Jones ever did.....

C'mon people;it's only rock-n-roll.....

You can only talk about Zeppelin for so long darling, before you get bored and move on to politics, movies, child support, cooking, and relationships.

I've been here for probably 3 years, lets see how long you stay and simply talk about mZeppelin ;)

Well act like one. Changing your own arguments in a post then belittling the other poster who had replied to the original for "not getting it" in one of the lowest things a person can do on a message board. I'm done here. My point of view will be expressed to Sam directly rather than wasting my time with posters more intent in making personal attacks.

Time to quote Stripes:

"Lighten up, Francis."

Well act like one. Changing your own arguments in a post then belittling the other poster who had replied to the original for "not getting it" in one of the lowest things a person can do on a message board. I'm done here.

Did I miss something here? :lol: