Pet Peeves

Hotplant

that grey hair commercial. -now you can look like you know what your doing and still think you look like you know what your doing in life....come on commercial people, are we all really that stupid at this point in time.

I was supposed to be going out tonight with friends, and with no word about what was happening for several days, I get a message this afternoon through Facebook from a friend saying it's not going ahead.

That pissed me off. It's alright messaging me on Facebook, but it's not like a text message - there's no guarantee that I'll receive it straight away. It's just lucky that I did. I was also pissed off that she'd said Wednesday was fine for her, and then, suddenly, come Wednesday, it's not. She's now 'unable' to make it. Well, why the fuck did you agree to go out if you couldn't do it? Why did you even suggest that day, if you thought you'd be busy? The really annoying thing, though? She doesn't have to go in to work until Thursday - Tuesday and Wednesday's are her days off - so, what? She's voluntarily decided to go into work on the evening that she was meant to go out with us? This would be the first time in over a year that we'd be all seeing each other, and she can't even be fucked with that. She said that she's available in two weeks time - but I don't even know if I can be bothered with seeing her now.

I was supposed to be going out tonight with friends, and with no word about what was happening for several days, I get a message this afternoon through Facebook from a friend saying it's not going ahead.

That pissed me off. It's alright messaging me on Facebook, but it's not like a text message - there's no guarantee that I'll receive it straight away. It's just lucky that I did. I was also pissed off that she'd said Wednesday was fine for her, and then, suddenly, come Wednesday, it's not. She's now 'unable' to make it. Well, why the fuck did you agree to go out if you couldn't do it? Why did you even suggest that day, if you thought you'd be busy? The really annoying thing, though? She doesn't have to go in to work until Thursday - Tuesday and Wednesday's are her days off - so, what? She's voluntarily decided to go into work on the evening that she was meant to go out with us? This would be the first time in over a year that we'd be all seeing each other, and she can't even be fucked with that. She said that she's available in two weeks time - but I don't even know if I can be bothered with seeing her now.

I got something similar on Facebook. A friend who moved to another province is coming back for a wedding. She knew when she'd be coming and for how long, and not until this morning do we get word that she'll be at a particular place and time tonight and would we care to join her. Well yes, but my schedule is tight so had I known in advance I could have made other arrangements, but as it stands, I can't. Sooooo, maybe next year then, hmmm? Lovely friend, but geeeeeezzzz :slapface:

I got something similar on Facebook. A friend who moved to another province is coming back for a wedding. She knew when she'd be coming and for how long, and not until this morning do we get word that she'll be at a particular place and time tonight and would we care to join her. Well yes, but my schedule is tight so had I known in advance I could have made other arrangements, but as it stands, I can't. Sooooo, maybe next year then, hmmm? Lovely friend, but geeeeeezzzz :slapface:

It really annoys me when people do that. The annoying thing about my friend is that the other girl we were meeting with can't access Facebook at work, so she'll get that message when she gets home - and that could be well around 6.

It really annoys me when people do that. The annoying thing about my friend is that the other girl we were meeting with can't access Facebook at work, so she'll get that message when she gets home - and that could be well around 6.

Facebook is great for catching up, finding friends of old, etc., but it seems to replace common courtesy with too lax a regard for people. It's like an arms-length closeness with arms-length effort. It's convenient in the best and worst ways.

Hope things work out for you :)

Facebook is great for catching up, finding friends of old, etc., but it seems to replace common courtesy with too lax a regard for people. It's like an arms-length closeness with arms-length effort. It's convenient in the best and worst ways.

Hope things work out for you :)

Oh, I agree. Facebook is wonderful for reconnecting, but as far as keeping in touch goes, it can be a real bugger.

Thanks, Patrycja :)

Oh, I agree. Facebook is wonderful for reconnecting, but as far as keeping in touch goes, it can be a real bugger.

I use facebook to keep in touch with my family on the East coast all the time. I think it's a wonderful tool to use for it. However, the way it was used in your context was right. We just use it to chat and the plans that were made for me to visit were made over the phone.

I wouldn't use it to send messages of a more pressing matter either. Fine to stay in touch via the mail there but if you're making plans with people, especially cancelling on someone, courtesy would be to use a phone either calling or texting.

:wizard: People who think they can send bad Karma to other's. WTF is up with that ? You can wish Karma on somebody but send it....give me a break ! People like that need to get over themselves and cool it with the theatre. OK, got that out of my system :soapbox::)

:wizard: People who think they can send bad Karma to other's. WTF is up with that ? You can wish Karma on somebody but send it....give me a break ! People like that need to get over themselves and cool it with the theatre. OK, got that out of my system :soapbox::)

Just tell them you've sent bad delusions of grandeur their way, see how they take it :lol:

Just tell them you've sent bad delusions of grandeur their way, see how they take it :lol:

:lol: Good one Pat ! Only problem is that those dilusions of grandeur are already present ;)

I hate it when the laptop burns a hole in your leg. I refuse to buy one of those $20 lap cushions. A pillow does the trick most of the time, but you cant carry a pillow everywhere.

A pillow will block the airflow from the bottom of the pc. :o

You need to get a laptop cooler.

Laptop Acc. ;)

I made over hundred of beautiful pictures of London with my dad's old Lomo camera, because I loathe digital cameras, and now I had the negatives developed and it's only grey blur on most of them, maybe ten of them are okay. THis vacation in London was one of the greatest in my life, and now I have no photos, only the digital ones of my parents. I am really sad.

I made over hundred of beautiful pictures of London with my dad's old Lomo camera, because I loathe digital cameras, and now I had the negatives developed and it's only grey blur on most of them, maybe ten of them are okay. THis vacation in London was one of the greatest in my life, and now I have no photos, only the digital ones of my parents. I am really sad.

Do you know why they didn't turn out? That really sucks :(

No...one of the disadvantages of analog photography...but, hey, it's not that bad, I still got the memory.

Another pet peeve: Next week in school I have three tests and one important latin exam!! WTF are these teachers thinking we can learn in one weekend's time?!

That is terrible. I used to be an avid picture taker (started in my teens). I have more pics of beaches and mountains than anyone i know! When my first niece was born i was one of the only relatives taking pictures. I must have taken a thousand of her! I loved my Cannon sure shot. Didn't cost much but with a good Kodak paper, the local food market did a great job of printing me 5 by 7's. Anyway, i feel your pain. I know how much it hurts when pictures don't turn out or you lose film. Go back someday and take them over again!

edit: and i used to take tons of pics of my cats and bird, too. Glad i have them!

Sunburns. I was outside for probably two hours the other day and I didn't put on any sunscreen. I had on a tank top so a lot of my poor fair skin was showing and my back is so itchy! I am going to be covered in freckles.

There is no such thing as tolerance. Got it? No such fucking thing. Not one single person on the face of Planet Earth is truly tolerant.

And the most intolerant people in the world are the ones who insist on telling me that I should be tolerant. Fuck you, okay? You are an intolerant, hypocritical asshole, quite simply because while you're preaching "tolerance" to me, you are being intolerant of my point of view.

Everyone who preaches tolerance, everyone who insists on this "politically correct" bullshit, and everyone who insists on telling me what I can and can't believe about people need to do the world a favor and eat a bullet or two. Wanna hate me for thinking that? Go join 'em.

I'm a bigot (I hate big people), I'm a sexist (I love sex, but only with women), I'm a racist (races are fucking dumb... have you ever watched one? Stupid fucking shit... know what I want to see? A race where the goal is to be the last person to the finish line. Now that would be a quality race!), and I'm a hater (I hate hate).

Have a problem with it? Go fuck yourself.

Sunburns. I was outside for probably two hours the other day and I didn't put on any sunscreen. I had on a tank top so a lot of my poor fair skin was showing and my back is so itchy! I am going to be covered in freckles.

Brew some fresh tea, let it cool to room temperature and add it to the bath tonight.

Black tea is high in tannins and soothes sunburns very well.

Archived