Pet Peeves

Hotplant

YEAH. I'M TOO BROKE TO HAVE CABLE, TIVO, OR A DVR. IT'S THE BROADCAST SIGNAL OR NOTHING FOR ME-I'M LUCKY SOMEONE GAVE ME A DIGITAL TV! THE ONLY TIME THE PLEDGE DRIVES BUG ME ARE WHEN THEY ACTUALLY CHANGE THE PROGRAMMING, SO YOU MISS SOMETHING YOU WERE PLANNING TO WATCH (I NEVER GOT TO SEE THE 3RD EPISODE OF WALLANDER, WHICH SUCKS.). THOUGH THEY COULD MAKE THEM SHORTER, BECAUSE THEY REPEAT THE SAME INFO OVER & OVER (PROMOTIONAL GIFTS ETC.).

They repeat them because they're hoping to raise money. I don't have any problem with that as I am a big supporter of public television :)

Just a small request - can you not type in all caps please - feels like you're shouting :) Thanks!

YEAH. I'M TOO BROKE TO HAVE CABLE, TIVO, OR A DVR. IT'S THE BROADCAST SIGNAL OR NOTHING FOR ME-I'M LUCKY SOMEONE GAVE ME A DIGITAL TV! THE ONLY TIME THE PLEDGE DRIVES BUG ME ARE WHEN THEY ACTUALLY CHANGE THE PROGRAMMING, SO YOU MISS SOMETHING YOU WERE PLANNING TO WATCH (I NEVER GOT TO SEE THE 3RD EPISODE OF WALLANDER, WHICH SUCKS.). THOUGH THEY COULD MAKE THEM SHORTER, BECAUSE THEY REPEAT THE SAME INFO OVER & OVER (PROMOTIONAL GIFTS ETC.).

design002.gif

I guess that's my pet peeve. Caps lock is the internet equivalent of screaming at someone.

I actually like the new paper-based CD packaging. I like the way they resemble mini-LPs. Although I agree they are a bitch to file.

Pet peeve: my mom always chooses quantity over quality when it comes to music. I was shopping for a birthday present and wanted Live at Leeds, and she was helping me look for it. She finds it, and pulls up The Who Sell Out and says "look at how many songs it has! It was way more than that other one. Why don't you get this?" Face, meet palm.

People who send me spam thinking I'm dumb enough to even open it.

Deleted just like the "Extend your C*&K" spam's.

Little weenies try sooo hard. :D

Well I've never had an obsession with that and somethings can be made up for :icecream::drunk::D

I actually like the new paper-based CD packaging. I like the way they resemble mini-LPs. Although I agree they are a bitch to file.

A few years back several CDs were released with this type of packaging, among them were the Stones' Exile on Main Street and Some Girls and R.E.M.'s Document. I bought the Stones ones. Within a week my copy of Some Girls was already scratched. That, to me is the main downside to the cardboard sleeves. I agree about their size too, they don't seem to fit into standard size CD storage racks.

I'll keep my lips sealed for now....but I'm watching. ;)

:slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface:

Well I've never had an obsession with that and somethings can be made up for :icecream::drunk::D

Hey Charles....I see you're feeling a bit better!

Soooo...."How you doin'?"

#lol#

My cat blogging on her MySpace behind my back! :angry:

Day 2,983 of my captivity: My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today, I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities and my disdain for other life forms. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage. Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs. I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now...

Only one of our cats fits that. Our newest kitty, Downstairs (yes, that's his name - he stays in the basement) is we believe, part dog. We say that because he follows us everywhere, licks our hands and faces like a dog would and is ALWAYS vocalizing or "talking" to us. When we come into the room, he has to jump off whatever he's sleeping on and come nuzzle our legs and purr. It's the cutest damn thing.

hahaha :)...that's true because when I had my two tomcats, they acted like they didn't give a darn. I'd come home from work and if they were already fed, they'd shrug their shoulders at my grand entrance. :P (But, in truth, I know they loved me and that this feeling was mutual ;) )

Only one of our cats fits that. Our newest kitty, Downstairs (yes, that's his name - he stays in the basement) is we believe, part dog. We say that because he follows us everywhere, licks our hands and faces like a dog would and is ALWAYS vocalizing or "talking" to us. When we come into the room, he has to jump off whatever he's sleeping on and come nuzzle our legs and purr. It's the cutest damn thing.

Downstairs, lol (cute name) sounds so adorable. My Siamese, Toby, used to fetch paper balls when she was younger. No matter where you threw it (usually we would throw them up the steps) she would run after it, and bring it back to you in her mouth. She still licks me, mostly on my hands or arms (though i can't stand it)!

Archived