Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Yep I'm on your myspace. It's okay because I never remember who all is on mine. I only have like 25 friends, and 4 of them are just music pages. Don't rush with it, school is way more important.

Okay. :wacko: I always feel bad about not remembering who's who around there. Everyone on mine are people from here and a few from another forum I'm at.

Gah.

This weather around here is going to be the death of me.

It looks beautiful outside!

My flowers are already blooming--some of them.

I put on capris and I go outside, and it's freezing!

It's under 50 degree out there!

:o

so much for the gardening fun. :'(

I hate automatic transmissions. I'll only buy a stick shift. They're even making automatic transmissions for motorcycles. Shee-it!

They should have a law that you can only sell automatics to one legged people. (Just kidding about that part.)

WGA.jpg

You've obviously never driven in stop and go traffic ( 1 to 2 mph for over an hour everday to get to work).

I hate automatic transmissions. I'll only buy a stick shift. They're even making automatic transmissions for motorcycles. Shee-it!

They should have a law that you can only sell automatics to one legged people. (Just kidding about that part.)

WGA.jpg

I have multiple examples of both, and both have their place imo. For a daily driver in traffic, an automatic can't be beat. It's completely out of place in a sports car.

As far as motorcycles go, I sometimes think an automatic trans would be nice to have when sight seeing on my Goldwing, other times it's more fun shifting when I'm feeling "sporty", lol

You've obviously never driven in stop and go traffic ( 1 to 2 mph for over an hour everday to get to work).

In that case, I'd assume yourself or many people in your area have at least a 2 mile drive to work or more. Anyone who would spend an hour+ in traffic to work is crazy. I'd either move or change jobs and keep my standard transmission.

Another of my pet peeves:

When someone comes up to you and derogatorily says, " I see you everywhere ". Well, why don't they look in the mirror and realize they're everywhere too? When I point that out they go, "oh, huh, yeah you're right, hrrmmmph !"

Idiots.

In that case, I'd assume yourself or many people in your area have at least a 2 mile drive to work or more. Anyone who would spend an hour+ in traffic to work is crazy. I'd either move or change jobs and keep my standard transmission.

Not everybody has the luxury of being that particular about where they work AND live. A lot of folks can't afford to live that close to where they work and the work they do may not be located in an area that's feasible for people to live in.

I've done the commute thing with a stickshift and it's awful. If I had to drive a long commute regularly, I'd want an automatic... and keep the stickshift (if I had one) for the more enjoyable long drives.

When someone comes up to you and derogatorily says, " I see you everywhere ". Well, why don't they look in the mirror and realize they're everywhere too? When I point that out they go, "oh, huh, yeah you're right, hrrmmmph !"

Idiots.

Agreed... (that they're idiots). I can't say it happens to me very often, nor does it bother me when they do. Maybe they're not speaking derogatorily enough to me to get me riled.

My recent pet peeve.... eh, nevermind... doesn't matter. :lol:

When someone comes up to you and derogatorily says, " I see you everywhere ".

If I ever had this happen, I would probably tell them, "Well quit stalking me, then!"

Many people in Los Angeles, San Diego, the Bay area as well as east coast cities will easily spend over an hour commuting to work. It's just the way that goes when you live where the jobs that pay real money are.

My pet peeve is people driving standard transmissions who have no concept about how to drive up a steep grade from a dead stop without first rolling ten feet backwards.

Many people in Los Angeles, San Diego, the Bay area as well as east coast cities will easily spend over an hour commuting to work. It's just the way that goes when you live where the jobs that pay real money are.

My pet peeve is people driving standard transmissions who have no concept about how to drive up a steep grade from a dead stop without first rolling ten feet backwards.

The best of the big cities have decent enough mass transit to allow one to enjoy a newspaper or even get some work done to and from work. Trains make it nice because you don't have the stop and go every few seconds, but every few minutes. They're quick and free you from the frustration of doing your own driving in the stop and go crawl of individual vehicles. It's really to bad that cities away from the east coast didn't have the forsight to install this type of system that New York and Boston have. Now many are building these, but it's really too little too late.

I enjoy driving unimpeded, but that stop and go is for the birds. I realize not everyone does live near their work, but that is still a choice, and if you choose to do that, don't be angry in the traffic. B)

In the past week, I've seen three different people driving down the street with their very small children sitting in the back seat, unrestrained and not in a car seat. I'm not talking about three year olds, I'm talking about one or two year olds. I don't think that any of these people are uneducated about ti--one of the people was a grandmother driving a brand new Volvo. You'd think that these people would have enough common sense to put their children in car seats.

It just kills me because I've heard of more than a few kids who have been killed in car wrecks that were just fender benders and a child seat would have reduced their injuries significantly.

That happens with people who drive sticks, too. Sometimes it's the break,sometimes it is the clutch! LOL

I also hate it when people hit the brakes needlessly--like if they need to slow down slightly--just enough that taking their foot off the gas would solve it.

Especially if I am behind them because I think they're slowing down significantly until I realize they're just idiots.

^I hate that too.

There is one intersection on my way to the junior high that I'm working at that has a good half mile to merge with the traffic, so if I'm in the front of the line of traffic, I don't stop because I know I will be able to get up to speed to merge before I have to merge. Well, one day, I come around this corner, and it's also a semi-blind corner, and there is a freaking huge truck stopped about fifteen yards from the turn! Thank GOD I was paying very close attention. (knocks on wood)

On the way to a close town you are suppoesd to merge, and the two highways come together, it's just really simple you just pull from the curve and go onto the other road. One is straight and the other road is just a slight curve. I don't even have a permit and I could do it just fine. I also hate when people on the highway go like 35 mph.

As for mergers,

I can't stand it when the sign says 'MERGE NOW', so I do, but others keep on going then try to pull in front of people way up the line. When they try that on me, I keep my gap minimized in the crawling traffic and don't let them in. They can go back and merge like the rest of us!

Back of the line, jerks!

We have a lot of old people who drive like 30 MPH on the highways and interstates here.

It's like, are you kidding me? The speed limit is 65 or even 75 and they're going 30!

Not to mention people that think to merge onto the freeway that it is okay to do so going 30 MPH. It's like, "dumbass---what the fuck do you think the 400 yards of 'on-ramp' is for?"

I understand the need to drive slow in bad weather or if the traffic doesn't allow you to drive the speed limit--like congestion--but come on! 99% of my frustration comes from people driving like idiots for no reason!

I have no clue where Osburn is. I live in Boise. I've lived in Boise all of my life, but I think I'm quite familiar with the state, given I've lived here for 27 years, LOL.

I did a search, and I saw that it's near Kellogg. I've never been that far north, unfortunately. That's one of my goals--to go on a road trip up north.

I think the farthest north I've been is Kooskia, ID or Lapwai, ID. My dad was born on the Nez Perce reservation in Lapwai.

:lol: We have exactly the same pet peeves on the road (and pretty much the same response!). And people who use their brakes instead of taking their foot off of the gas are the number one cause of traffic, I'm convinced. I especially love fools who follow too closely and then have to keep braking. Maybe if you weren't right on the ass of the person in front of you, you wouldn't have to slam your brakes on every time he slows down 1/2 a mile an hour (doh....)!

We have a lot of old people who drive like 30 MPH on the highways and interstates here.

It's like, are you kidding me? The speed limit is 65 or even 75 and they're going 30!

Not to mention people that think to merge onto the freeway that it is okay to do so going 30 MPH. It's like, "dumbass---what the fuck do you think the 400 yards of 'on-ramp' is for?"

I understand the need to drive slow in bad weather or if the traffic doesn't allow you to drive the speed limit--like congestion--but come on! 99% of my frustration comes from people driving like idiots for no reason!

Archived