Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Good point Dan!thumbsup.gif

Hi 'Dancin'Days'

Please Point Me to the Point you are trying to Point Me to as the Point you are trying to make will be Pointless and so there will be no Point to it in the End, do you get my Point now or will i have to Point you to my Point at another Point in Time?

:wtf:

Regards, Danny the Pointed One :lol:

Hi Kat, you just woke up out of a Coma or Something? :o

This Post you just quoted is over TWO WEEKS OLD, how do you expect me or anyone else to remember what you are refering too after so long?

If you want me to Reply would you do me a Favour and Explain Exactly What Point i have Betrayed and what Point Supports Your Point.

Hi BIGDAN.

That was a fortnight, not a year. I think it's perfectly normal on other message boards that people respond even to the posts that are older than a few hours. Frankly, I don't have time to be here every day. I also think that responding late is better than not responding at all. If I'm wrong, forgive me for my imprudence. Still, the posts (and 'points') I was reffering to were 4 or 5 pages away. That required you to click twice. You would have wasted a lot less time than you did by writing this mildly aggressive babble.

Should I expect you to remember it? That depends on whether you make hundred of posts a day, or just one or two. I obviously remembered it, and it wasn't buried in the middle of the thread either. You have every right to tell that you just don't remember what I'm reffering to, but the tone of your response is quite unnecessary.

By the way, it was about you saying that Souther Europeans must hate the English simply because you dislike them. You know, I wasn't attacking you, just kept on discussing. Sorry.

Do You Get My Point or do i have to Point you to the Point that i was trying to Point you too, or was the Point you were trying to Point me to Pointless, i know you have a Point but i cant see that Point because there are too many Points that have been made during the last two weeks, do you get my Point now?:rant:

If your point was that you just needed to vent at that particular moment, then yes, I do get it.

Hi BIGDAN.

By the way, it was about you saying that Souther Europeans must hate the English simply because you dislike them. You know, I wasn't attacking you, just kept on discussing. Sorry.

Hi Kat, sorry about my rantings and ravings, its just my way of letting off steam as you said.

I can only tell you what i have Personaly Witnessed, what i have seen through Documentries and News Reals and Testomony of Friends and Relatives who have also Witnessed it, not Simply because "I" Dislike Them.

What Europeans say about you., i'll let you fill me in on how accurate this statement is.

"The Czechs — Considered a relatively bright spot of Eastern Europe by Western Europeans, but I think primarily because Prague is such agorgeous city and a popular tourist destination. Czechs are a bit like Germans, though — a bit rude, blunt, and cold. Poles don't have muchgood to say about them."

And about Me, and its all True as far as i'm concerned.

"The British - About half of the British would be really angry at beingcalled European, so that should provide an apt starting point. The main beef with the Brits is that they're considered the lapdog of the U.S.,and are anti-European because the U.S. tells them to be so. They are considered polite, but maybe a bit two-faced (hence "Janus Britain")and snobby. The Scots and Welsh are tolerated and liked, in as much as that no one really knows too much about them outside the UK, but the English are those that bear the brunt of negative sentiments among other Europeans. After all, London is in England.

The English also have a poor reputation in tourist traps, such as Amsterdam and Ibiza, for being loud-mouthed, obnoxious drunks.

The English, in turn, really seem to hate everyone. This is because it's pretty hard to find an Englishman that has even, at best, neutral opinions about other Europeans (or Americans, or other nationalities).Europe is full of English expats, and the longer they live abroad, the more they seem to hate their host country. And yet they never seem to want to move home."

The English, especially the Younger Ones have never gotten over their Viking Roots.

Take a look at this link, it really is quite Funny.

http://www.kendo-wor...ead.php?t=17443

http://dailycandor.com/what-europeans-think-of-each-other/

Very Kind Regards, Danny and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend ROF ROF ROF HA HA HA

Hi Kat, sorry about my rantings and ravings, its just my way of letting off steam as you said.

That's ok. Beer? :beer:

I can only tell you what i have Personaly Witnessed, what i have seen through Documentries and News Reals and Testomony of Friends and Relatives who have also Witnessed it, not Simply because "I" Dislike Them.

Ok.

What Europeans say about you., i'll let you fill me in on how accurate this statement is.

"The Czechs — Considered a relatively bright spot of Eastern Europe by Western Europeans, but I think primarily because Prague is such agorgeous city and a popular tourist destination. Czechs are a bit like Germans, though — a bit rude, blunt, and cold. Poles don't have muchgood to say about them."

Quite true, I think. Didn't know about that bright spot, though. I'd only add that many Czechs (including me, to be frank) dislike being called 'Eastern Europeans' because the only thing that is 'eastern' about the country is the very recent history that wasn't even really Czech, if you get what I mean.

I'd agree Czechs are a lot like Germans (save for the sense for order), which is natural, because most of the population is genetically half German anyway. Although I wouldn't describe Czechs as rude or blunt. Definitely not rude, just very distrustful, which might seem as one and the same thing. The older generation is also very discernible for their bitterness. Can't blame them, though it gets on me nerves. Cold is right, I'd add conservative as well.

One good thing I can think of is that Czechs aren't overtly nationalistic and don't take themselves too seriously.

And about Me, and its all True as far as i'm concerned.

Really? Well, it's not very snobby to admit that you're snobby.

The English also have a poor reputation in tourist traps, such as Amsterdam and Ibiza, for being loud-mouthed, obnoxious drunks.

In Prague as well. Though I've personally never met any that would qualify as such.

Yeah, it is. Thanks. Although not as funny as some articles I've read on Uncyclopedia. Uncyclopedia

ROF ROF ROF

That's a bit like barking.

Pet Peeve:

When you're walking in public, and people are walking toward you and you both realize moving needs to take place to one side or the other. Is it just me or am I the only one that naturally starts moving to the side that you would normally drive on? Because my pet peeve is they don't. In America, you would move off to the right.

Why isn't this instinctual to people?

That's ok. Beer? :beer:

Ok.

Quite true, I think. Didn't know about that bright spot, though. I'd only add that many Czechs (including me, to be frank) dislike being called 'Eastern Europeans' because the only thing that is 'eastern' about the country is the very recent history that wasn't even really Czech, if you get what I mean.

I'd agree Czechs are a lot like Germans (save for the sense for order), which is natural, because most of the population is genetically half German anyway. Although I wouldn't describe Czechs as rude or blunt. Definitely not rude, just very distrustful, which might seem as one and the same thing. The older generation is also very discernible for their bitterness. Can't blame them, though it gets on me nerves. Cold is right, I'd add conservative

One good thing I can think of is that Czechs aren't overtly nationalistic and don't take themselves too seriously.

Really? Well, it's not very snobby to admit that you're snobby.

In Prague as well. Though I've personally never met any that would qualify as such.

Yeah, it is. Thanks. Although not as funny as some articles I've read on Uncyclopedia. Uncyclopedia

That's a bit like barking.

You Too Kat, Pils or Bud? :beer:

I only foud out a couple of years ago through a Czech Pushbike Dispatch Rider that most of what i know about Czecho-Slokakia is through German Eyes, especially the Spelling of Places like Austerlitz, which i couldnt find on Google Maps, Showing my Ignorance again. :lol:

I do tend to Group People in to Catogories and give Generalizations, but when i meet People as individuals my opinion always changes, Book and Cover come to mind here.

Me a Snob? I never knew, but being English, i suppose i am in a way, England being the Home of Modern Civilisation. :lol:

I'll have to "Czech" Out Uncyclopedia, thanks for the Link Kat. ;)

ROF, is my Tribute to ZFF, it will only last a Week, then i will move on to my usual Endings.

Very Kind Regards, Danny and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend ROF ROF ROF HA HA HA as well.

You Too Kat, Pils or Bud? :beer:

Bud, please. But the real one, not that Yankee piss. ;)

I do tend to Group People in to Catogories and give Generalizations, but when i meet People as individuals my opinion always changes, Book and Cover come to mind here.

Many people do that. I'm also probably guilty of that sometimes. What I hate is when people's prejudice prevents them from actually getting to know anyone as an individual.

Me a Snob? I never knew, but being English, i suppose i am in a way, England being the Home of Modern Civilisation. :lol:

Well, it's basically true. Čapek was an enlightened, liberal man, so he must have known:) Although it wouldn't happen without external and geographic factors.

Loved Thackeray's Book of Snobs.

I'll have to "Czech" Out Uncyclopedia, thanks for the Link Kat. ;)

Definitely do. It's hilarious. Though some parts are painfully true. For example this one:

The capital is Prague, and according to most Praguers, it's also the capital of the universe. However, most of Czechs hate Prague and most of Praguers hate all Czechs outside of Prague. As a result, Prague is a de facto city-state inside the Czechia. Therefore, the tourists, that visit only Prague, learn nothing about Czechia. Most of Czechs will tell you that Prague is the concentration of the biggest crap from whole Czechia.

I'm not from Prague but I've spent there a lot of time, so I usually find myself defending both parties.

Pet Peeve:

When you're walking in public, and people are walking toward you and you both realize moving needs to take place to one side or the other. Is it just me or am I the only one that naturally starts moving to the side that you would normally drive on? Because my pet peeve is they don't. In America, you would move off to the right.

Why isn't this instinctual to people?

Based on my past experience, if they had even tried to move at all it would be, at least a gesture.

I had an unpleasant "run-in" with a lady I used to work with; as I moved my space worth, out of the way, she didn't. The result was a noticeable brush. Next I knew, she had called the police on me.

Aren't people grand! angry.gif

Sniper... :blink:

Ok well the reason I "hide" is because the new board here has the function that "tells where you are" all the time. I just don't like people knowing where I am ALL the time. :P

Plus I like to look and snoop at profiles anono.

That's all.

K?

Sniper... :blink:

Ok well the reason I "hide" is because the new board here has the function that "tells where you are" all the time. I just don't like people knowing where I am ALL the time. :P

Plus I like to look and snoop at profiles anono.

That's all.

K?

Yeah, being able to "fire away" without being "seen". As in your profile viewing anonymity. Do you really believe people watch your forum moves? That's weird for sure.

I've just noticed posts by several members here and hardly, if ever, see them "online". I suppose if you have something to hide it's a good decoy of sorts. I promise I won't be watching your moves or any others for that matter. Who'd care?

Then again, it is post 911. :rolleyes:

Yeah, being able to "fire away" without being "seen". As in your profile viewing anonymity. Do you really believe people watch your forum moves? That's weird for sure.

I've just noticed posts by several members here and hardly, if ever, see them "online". I suppose if you have something to hide it's a good decoy of sorts. I promise I won't be watching your moves or any others for that matter. Who'd care?

Then again, it is post 911. :rolleyes:

No, it's not weird In the past when that function was on I DID have a few pests who did just that.

Oh yeah.....I've got SO much to hide.

Regardless I answered your question as to why I do.

If it bothers you tough.

:rolleyes:

No, it's not weird In the past when that function was on I DID have a few pests who did just that.

Oh yeah.....I've got SO much to hide.

Regardless I answered your question as to why I do.

If it bothers you tough.

:rolleyes:

Having people watch other's moves IS weird. And on a posting forum to feel some kind of threat or whatever to have the need to "hide" IS weird too.

Does it bother me? No, but it IS a curiosity. And yes, you did answer me but the fascination still is there. It's just a message board for chrissakes! :lol:

B) I guess sunglasses are needed by some, even at night. B)

I stay in stealth mode most of the time too; what's the big deal? :huh: It's an available feature so why not use it? I use it on Facebook too.

Come to think of it, maybe you girls are right. Stealth mode and hiding might be a great idea for message boards.

Understanding all the stalking and such going on, I suppose that's a prudent option.

I'm gonna hide now and try it.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :)

So to speak. ;)

Archived