Pet Peeves

Hotplant

There's bandwagoners in every sport. Just ignore them. They're hardly worth getting annoyed over in the grand scheme of things. I've been called one more times than I can count, and since those people are full of horsepuckey, I just consider the source and move on.

Hi Janet,

Now don't get me started on this will you? OK you already have so I'll reply if only out of courtesy. ;)

If God could choose I'm positive he would choose English because its the most colourful, dramatic, and all encompassing language ever devised, and its still evolving. :D

But as Electro said, if we are talking about the Judo/Christo/Muslimo God then He probably talked in "Riddish" a language of Riddles and Beigel's and Matzo's and Salt Beef.

http://www.google.co...iw=1024&bih=503

But what God are we talking about? there are so many, can they all be alive and kicking? or are they all the same God but a God who appears and appeals to each and every different type of creed and people as and when needed? do we need to devote a New Topic to discus this never ending Question? OK then I'll be the one to start it off.

See Here.

http://forums.ledzep...-fcuk-is-heshe/

Regards, Danny

Glad you finally saw my remarks.:) There are some good posts in your other topic there, in fact people seem to get more upset if we say Jimmy Page is God than if we were to say that there is no God at all. In any case, Mr.Page's mother tongue is English, so we are safe either way.

Glad you finally saw my remarks.:) There are some good posts in your other topic there, in fact people seem to get more upset if we say Jimmy Page is God than if we were to say that there is no God at all. In any case, Mr.Page's mother tongue is English, so we are safe either way.

Funny thing is Janet, so is His Fathers. ;)

Can you direct me to any of the good posts that you refer to so that I can correct them? :D

Jimmy IS a Guitar God,

Robert IS a Golden God,

John Bonham IS the God of Thunder,

John Paul, well he still can remember where he parked the Car. :slapface:

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, And the God of Abraham still cant Fathom out how Jimmy plays so God Dam Fast. :lol:

PPS, Did you know that that God is Dyslexic? He still thinks Jimmy sold His Sole to Santa. :o

Funny thing is Janet, so is His Fathers. ;)

Can you direct me to any of the good posts that you refer to so that I can correct them? :D

Well, there's the one I just posted. B)

Jimmy IS a Guitar God,

Robert IS a Golden God,

John Bonham IS the God of Thunder,

John Paul, well he still can remember where he parked the Car. :slapface:

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, And the God of Abraham still cant Fathom out how Jimmy plays so God Dam Fast. :lol:

PPS, Did you know that that God is Dyslexic? He still thinks Jimmy sold His Sole to Santa. :o

You are the best, I can always agree with you in theological and musical matters! But I think JPJ must be the God of something?

You are the best, I can always agree with you in theological and musical matters! But I think JPJ must be the God of something?

Well this is ment in a good context (well for JPJ), bass players are the normal kinda guys, the squares, putting down the foundation by plodding a bass line,not the most vivacious of people, so how about The God Of Plod :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

this could go on a while...i've lots of negativity in me today...

1. people who complain and don't do anything to fix their current situation

2. attention whores

3. the sound grocery bags make...it makes the little gremlin in my head go crazy!

4. the snow, or, more specifically, shoveling the snow

5. americans who make foreigners hate us by assuming everyone speaks english...they don't!

6. people who don't wash their hands after using the restroom

7. mean girls who talk shit on others because they have nothing else to do

9. most politicians

10. the american communist party and their leninist leanings (leninism doesn't work...that soviet union thing? where is it now? and don't even get me started on cuba's issues...) pure marxism, baby, the revolution will come to us (not that i object to passing out literature...)

11. racism

12. sexism

13. english quizzes

The corporate giant Wal-Mart has Supercenters set up in many affluent areas here with low, low, prices.

They also now have a smaller version of their store called Wal-Mart Supermarket. I noticed these seem to be built in the poorer areas.

That's okay as many of those people on a fixed or limited income can't drive to the Supercenters.

But the prices for the exact same items (I did a comparison this week) are on average 30-40% higher! :o

Wal-Mart knows that those people in the more elite areas won't tolerate anything but the very lowest prices and would surely scream the loudest.

Yet, Wal-Mart takes advantage of the ecomonically challenged by price gouging in these smaller stores.

I'm sure they figure the shoppers there won't ever be able to compare other store prices.

It's doesn't seem right. Taking advantage of those with less----that's the pet peeve! :angry:..........missy

The corporate giant Wal-Mart has Supercenters set up in many affluent areas here with low, low, prices.

They also now have a smaller version of their store called Wal-Mart Supermarket. I noticed these seem to be built in the poorer areas.

That's okay as many of those people on a fixed or limited income can't drive to the Supercenters.

But the prices for the exact same items (I did a comparison this week) are on average 30-40% higher! :o

Wal-Mart knows that those people in the more elite areas won't tolerate anything but the very lowest prices and would surely scream the loudest.

Yet, Wal-Mart takes advantage of the ecomonically challenged by price gouging in these smaller stores.

I'm sure they figure the shoppers there won't ever be able to compare other store prices.

It's doesn't seem right. Taking advantage of those with less----that's the pet peeve! :angry:..........missy

Hi Missy,

Seems to me its like the "American Way" that so many Americans bang on about, Pure Capitalism, nothing less, cant say that I haven't experienced it here in the UK because that's exactly what Tesco's have done with "Tesco Express" so that can be my pet peeve, TESCOS.

Regards, Danny

Hi Missy,

Seems to me its like the "American Way" that so many Americans bang on about, Pure Capitalism, nothing less, cant say that I haven't experienced it here in the UK because that's exactly what Tesco's have done with "Tesco Express" so that can be my pet peeve, TESCOS.

Regards, Danny

Hey BIGDAN :wave:

How are ya? Yeah, I just looked it up to see and as I suspected Wal-Mart is the world's largest public corporation by revenue.

They have 8,500 stores in 15 countrties with 55 different names. In the United Kingdom they operate as "Asda".

Have you ever heard of them or shopped there? ......missy

How are ya? Yeah, I just looked it up to see and as I suspected Wal-Mart is the world's largest public corporation by revenue.

They have 8,500 stores in 15 countrties with 55 different names. In the United Kingdom they operate as "Asda".

Hi missy :wave:

Yes, Wal-Mart is the world's biggest multi-national corporation. It's not just confined to America, but operates in so many other countries as well. It's the McDonald's of the retail world. I went into Wal-Mart when I was in the US in 1990 and was amazed by the range of goods that it stocked, it wasn't just a supermarket. Now it's taken over the supermarket Asda here in the UK, and it says on front of the stores 'Part of the Wal-Mart Group'. I refuse to shop there out of principle, I prefer to support British businesses.

However, some supermarkets here like Tesco in particular, that Danny mentioned, are following Wal-Mart's example and they sell everything from furniture and electorical goods, to home and car insurance. In the UK Tesco is hegemonic capitalism is action. :thumbdown:

Magic

Asda is where us plebs shop, the posh people shop in Waitrose and the middle of the road geezers shop at sainsbury's....tesco is slowly taking over though as dan says..

Hi Missy,

Are you kidding me? I not only shop at "Asda" I spend my vacation there as well, they are so cheap, especially the damaged good, massive discounts are made available for food that is past its best and for broken items, the kids have never eaten so good, and its not like they aren't used to eating dirt is it? If I see someone with a Sainsbury's bag I'm tempted to rob them, Christmas could come more than once a year that way. :o:slapface::yesnod:

Regards, Danny

People who park their cars halfway on and halfway off the pavement, with total disregard for anyone who may be disabled.

And then there's always those fookers who drive and talk on the mobile phone at the same time.

Also, people who put their dustbins out for collection late, and then phone up and say "you missed my bin", fook off you missed us.

Hmm well I went on one of them Driver Awarness days yesterday and it was an eye opener about all that kinda thing.

Asda is where us plebs shop, the posh people shop in Waitrose and the middle of the road geezers shop at sainsbury's....tesco is slowly taking over though as dan says..

Waitrose now do the same as all the other supermarkets "Their Own Brand", so posh people can buy cheaper, but still get a good carrier bag. :lol:

Do what I do go to "LIDL" just take a posh bag, nobody knows what's in your bag. :)

Waitrose now do the same as all the other supermarkets "Their Own Brand", so posh people can buy cheaper, but still get a good carrier bag. :lol:

Do what I do go to "LIDL" just take a posh bag, nobody knows what's in your bag. :)

Oh yeh I forgot "Lidl" where on the bloody food chain do they rank :) ??

Archived