Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Got my car back from the shop today and my stereo settings have been changed. Way too much base and subwoofer.

Why the hell do they feel as if they have permission to mess with my stereo?

Not sure if it's the case with you but if they have to disconnect the battery it completely resets my settings back to the original ones.

But here is another annoying peeve of mine: When I go to a restaurant and the employees are playing the music that they like way too loudly. I was at a Denny's having a quick meal late at night and I had to ask the manager to turn the Mexican music coming from the kitchen down or off because it was unpleasantly competing with the canned music playing in the dining room. He looked at me like I was a jerk.

Hey! It's not your home and I'm a customer! If I wanted to hear crappy distorted music coming from a radio that is turned up too loudly, I would go the car wash and eat my meal. You would think that a corporation would have some policy about that kind of thing?

So, did he turn it down?

Agreed, this kind of shit is totally unacceptable. Whatever happened to 'the customer is always right'? The only music that should be allowed in restaurants is stuff that's bland to the point of being unnoticeable. Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you whether McD & BK play canned music - and that's the way it should be. (Maybe I'll go check later - any excuse :lol: )

You know what I'd have done? Jumped over the counter, and thrown the Mexican radio in the deep fat fryer.

Now that would have been a noteworthy thing to see. Who are you Clint Eastwood?:D

Funny you should say that - people used to say I looked like Clint. But that's probably cos I used to have to narrow my eyes to see anything, on account of being too vain to wear my glasses :lol:.

But no, I'm not Clint. I'm his evil twin.

• 2 weeks later...

Golf on the radio - specifically, BBC Radio 5 Live.

R5 is usually a delightful potpourri of news & discussion, interspersed with occasional sports coverage. It's great to have on in the background all day - for the self-employed, it's like having a virtual office, full of intelligent and interesting people who will never bitch at you or steal your cookies. But whenever there's a major golf tournament, they throw all that out the window and subject us to all-day coverage, for FOUR FUCKING DAYS, of a sport which is TOTALLY UNSUITED TO RADIO COVERAGE.

When will the BBC realise it's a minority interest sport, and that the millions of us who don't give a rat's ass about it really resent having our friendly daytime companions supplanted by a bunch of wannabes whispering all day about preposterously-dressed buffoons playing a glorified version of 'kick the can'? :angry:

Yesterday while leaving the grocery store:

Woman: Excuse me, could you help me out with some spare change?

Me: No

Woman: Okay, God bless you.

So why do they say "God bless you" when you tell them no? Are they thinking that it is going to make me feel guilty because I'm not willing to support their addiction? It's a big pet peeve of mine when people want to bring "God" into everything, as if it's his job to handle all the little details too.

Like before a professional sporting event and the team captain says a prayer and asks God to help them win. Because if I'm God I would be really upset to have to sort through all those selfish prayers while there are people starving and dying in wars... and this guy wants to win a baseball game that he is getting paid millions of dollars to play EVEN IF HE LOSES.

:angry:

gotta agree with you there, mate. it is pretty rediculous.

Ed Miliband.

Never heard of him? He's the current and thankfully unelectable leader of the Labour Party in the UK, who was unexpectedly foisted on the party by the unions last year, when everybody else was expecting his suave brother David to get the gig.

What's my peeve with him? Everything really, but mainly his dreadfully phoney Estuary English, clearly designed to ingratiate himself with the great unwashed. Dropped Ts and glottal stops galore...but sometimes he forgets himself, speaks properly, and gives himself away, class traitor that he is.

Add to this affectation his genuine speech impediment - he sounds like he's had half of his tongue removed - and you get another Labour leader who's impossible to take seriously, before you even start to consider the nonsense that he actually speaks.

Ed Miliband.

Never heard of him? He's the current and thankfully unelectable leader of the Labour Party in the UK, who was unexpectedly foisted on the party by the unions last year, when everybody else was expecting his suave brother David to get the gig.

What's my peeve with him? Everything really, but mainly his dreadfully phoney Estuary English, clearly designed to ingratiate himself with the great unwashed. Dropped Ts and glottal stops galore...but sometimes he forgets himself, speaks properly, and gives himself away, class traitor that he is.

Add to this affectation his genuine speech impediment - he sounds like he's had half of his tongue removed - and you get another Labour leader who's impossible to take seriously, before you even start to consider the nonsense that he actually speaks.

"The Great Unwashed"

I hope that wasnt a reference to me Bouillon? i wash but not as often as my Misses would like, the cheek of it though. :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

"The Great Unwashed"

I hope that wasnt a reference to me Bouillon? i wash but not as often as my Misses would like, the cheek of it though. :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

Of course it wasn't, BIGDAN. I know your former publicist, who told me that you were a teenage star in those 70s TV ads for Imperial Leather :)

Anyway, I'm sure 'Er Indoors will be happy as long as you can remember to wash your Important Bits, every few days :o

Of course it wasn't, BIGDAN. I know your former publicist, who told me that you were a teenage star in those 70s TV ads for Imperial Leather :)

Anyway, I'm sure 'Er Indoors will be happy as long as you can remember to wash your Important Bits, every few days :o

Er? i do. :o

• 10 months later...

Adult cartoons. I friggin' hate the fact that Family Guy got uncancelled. Before it was dumb comedy about fart jokes but since it came back it's mainly about the creator getting up on his pedestal and telling us how to live our lives. And don't even get me started on the Simpsons. Pretty much everything on Sunday night Fox or Adult Swim I hate.

• 2 weeks later...

In Liverpool we call them Taxi drivers, I think that they have the indicator arm removed before they use the vehicle. When I questioned a taxi driver about this The moron answered "Well we are driving for England"........This is in Liverpool. I don't know if it's the same everywhere in the world, but here in the UK. Taxi drivers are the worst drivers on the road without doubt.

"Experts" who seem to infest the news media these days, My great-grandmother could have told them that cold weather makes people feel........well rather cold. Wonder how much that piece of research cost.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived