Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Littering is a huge pet peeve of mine. It's so disrespectful. It gets so bad sometimes that I wake up to go to work and someone's fast food is in my front yard. Parking lots are littered with fast food, beer bottles etc. It's terrible. What pisses me off the most is people who throw trash or stub cigarettes out in potted plants.

I've seen it in the papers in Liverpool too, I did say I was joking...Nonetheless it is infuriating, and believe me I have a dodgy stomach, so if I can pick up my dogs mess then so can other people pick up their dogs mess.

I'm not the least bit ashamed to confess that I did just that, to the trashbag family that lives on the next block. They must a couple dozen cats that love my yard, garden, and birdfeeders, in particular. Their place is the disgrace of the neighborhood, with kids that do whatever thay please, too. Nice mailbox, though. I saved up a large coffee can of all their cats' shit (took all of three days), and made "special delivery" -sssshhhhhppluuuuttte!!! - late one night. I was laughing so hard my eyes were tearing, as I ran off, imagining their suprise the next day. Kinda made up for all the times I got it on my hands while gardening, or my dog got sick from eating it. Any more birds found without heads by the feeders, and... do cats fit in mailboxes?

That is fucking hilarious !!!!!!!, I think you'd have to cut its tail off before you jammed it in the box Ha Ha... That's made my day I can't stop laughing, can you just imagine the next morning, "Anything of interest in the post?....No just the same old shit"

Shit yeah! I can surely attest, that canned cat shit takes on a putrid ooze anti-lifeform that will bring you to your knees - even if you carefully approach it. Imagine a bony faced leech anxiously going for that mailbox flap, anticipating another fat welfare check!!!

Some people feel a little more comfortable, confident and outgoing behind a computer screen and I have no problem with that .... good for them. Sometimes i'm in a foul mood, or sad or not feeling so good, but i'll come online and it can cheer me up straight away. Other times the opposite can happen, i'll read some childish, pointless, argumentative crap and it just pisses me off.

The people I do have a problem with are the ones who blatantly deceive others about who they are and their lifestyle, when in fact, their private lives are the complete opposite. The extreme example is the 65 year old, grotesque obese person, sitting behind a screen telling or insunuating they are a young hot stud and behaving that way online.

How are we old fat farts supposed to act? :ahhh:

I haven't come across the etiquettely correct way to do that. * spoken in a low, cultured tone* ... Pardon me, I'm old and fat, but I like to talk about things that are of interest also to hot, sexy folks...

Maybe that's why I haven't joined FB yet. I haven't come up with an appropriately apologetic intro so I can talk about things. I don't consider myself "grotesque" but I'm not a young hottie, and it may be that by being over 50, and not being high-school-skinny, that I'm automatically "grotesque", I dunno.

I remain TOFU for public viewing ... and discourse, I guess... :bagoverhead:

Maybe that's why I haven't joined FB yet. I haven't come up with an appropriately apologetic intro so I can talk about things. I don't consider myself "grotesque" but I'm not a young hottie, and it may be that by being over 50, and not being high-school-skinny, that I'm automatically "grotesque", I dunno.

Many "hotties" I've met in my life are some of the most grotesque people I've ever met in my life.

I too am over 50, but I am not fat and I have long brown hair (I have no grey and I am not balding), I have all my own teeth. I do not go on social networks and claim to be something I am not. I have two teenage daughters who think I am just a sad old bastard for having long hair. That keeps my feet on the ground.I do not go around or pretend to be anything other than what I am.

I too am over 50, but I am not fat and I have long brown hair (I have no grey and I am not balding), I have all my own teeth. I do not go on social networks and claim to be something I am not. I have two teenage daughters who think I am just a sad old bastard for having long hair. That keeps my feet on the ground.I do not go around or pretend to be anything other than what I am.

I have ridiculously long auburn hair. I have all my teeth, I don't belong to FB and I am a great deal younger than you, Joe. And some of my friends probably think I'm a sad bastard too. You're staying true to yourself, Joe and in my book, that doesn't make you a sad bastard. :)

How are we old fat farts supposed to act? :ahhh:

I haven't come across the etiquettely correct way to do that. * spoken in a low, cultured tone* ... Pardon me, I'm old and fat, but I like to talk about things that are of interest also to hot, sexy folks...

Lakey I am sure I have just about pleaded with you in the past to get on Facebook. Not everyone on there is trying to be something they are not. My pic on there is from two weeks ago and I'm in my 40s - I'm happy to be who I am and happy with all my friends being who they are, whatever age they are. I would love to see you and your wit and grace among my pals on there - miss you! xx

Pardon for those who do this or have no issues with this but I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I just cringe whenever I see men sport their partner's bag while they are out. The bag is one of the accessories that they really take time to choose that is why I find if quite odd for them not to wear it on their own.

Personally, it should be just a matter of bringing just the stuff that you need and can carry on your own.

Pardon for those who do this or have no issues with this but I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I just cringe whenever I see men sport their partner's bag while they are out. The bag is one of the accessories that they really take time to choose that is why I find if quite odd for them not to wear it on their own.

Personally, it should be just a matter of bringing just the stuff that you need and can carry on your own.

I've never seen a bloke use his wifes handbag. It would look a bit odd.

My wife makes me keep her purse next to me, if she goes to the ladies room at restaurants. And worse, if we are standing and there's no table - like at a wedding reception, I then have to hold the damned thing.

Hopefully she's nice enough to at least pick a bag that coordinates with your outfit too.

Hopefully she's nice enough to at least pick a bag that coordinates with your outfit too.

It's funny how that bag gets bigger and bigger every couple of years - I've seen 80 year olds with what looks like luggage at the supermarket.

It's funny how that bag gets bigger and bigger every couple of years - I've seen 80 year olds with what looks like luggage at the supermarket.

Yet at the same time a man's wallet gets thinner & lighter....

Is anyone else annoyed that it's now considered OK to capitalize every bleeping word in a title? No? Just me? OK, I am officially a cranky middle-aged person.

It especially makes my blood pressure rise when my computer (in Word) corrects me for not capitalizing every word, such as [this is just an example] The University Of New York. Grrrr.

Archived