Pet Peeves

Hotplant

All through college, every single professor I had who required a research paper, told us that if we used Wikipedia as a source, they'd tear the paper up in front of us and fail us on the spot. No one used Wikipedia as a source. :lol:

I love to read Wikipedia when I'm bored or it's late at night and I can't sleep. I think I know more about the history of English monarchs than anyone else in my town. But I agree that for doing a term paper, other than using it to find credible sources (usually in the works cited section), it's no good.

I love Wikipedia, mostly when I need verification of some useless trivia. Like if my wife and I are watching TV, and I have the laptop next to me, and she says "Lorenzo Lamas looks good, how old is he?" Wikipedia to the rescue!

If I were you, I'd be worried that your wife thinks he looks good. Even in the hypothetical.

I just pulled that out of the air, I think we were watching some reality show recently, and some chick was Lorenzo Lamas' daughter. Since she was in ther 20's, we were like "how old is he?" Turns out he's 50, and his marital history on wikipedia is quite interesting!

I just pulled that out of the air, I think we were watching some reality show recently, and some chick was Lorenzo Lamas' daughter. Since she was in ther 20's, we were like "how old is he?" Turns out he's 50, and his marital history on wikipedia is quite interesting!

That's fine, though--you're not likely to be writing a research paper on Lorenzo Lamas's marital history. :lol:

Or are you????

Search for Lorenzo Lamas

Britannica online:

Sorry, we were unable to find results for your search.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lorenzo Lamas

Lorenzo Lamas at the 61st Academy Awards in 1989.

Born Lorenzo y de Santos Lamas

January 20, 1958 (1958-01-20) (age 50)

Santa Monica, California, U.S.

Years active 1976 ─ present

Official website

Lorenzo Lamas (born on January 20, 1958 in Santa Monica, California) is an American television and film actor, television personality and martial artist, primarily on soap operas, movies and television, playing mostly villainous roles, primarily of Mediterranean and Norwegian descent. He is also sometimes called Lorenzo Lamas y de Santos (or Lorenzo de Santos Lamas), based on his Argentine father\'s full name, Fernando Alvaro Lamas y de Santos.[1] The naturally brown-headed Lamas is best-known for playing the role of Jane Wyman\'s irresponsible grandson, Lance Cumson, on the popular 1980s soap opera, Falcon Crest, the falsely accused cop, Reno Raines, the main character on the 1990s crime drama, Renegade, and as firefighter Hector Ramirez on The Bold and The Beautiful. He also served as judge on Are You Hot?.

Contents

[hide]

* 1 Early life

* 2 Acting career

* 3 Personal life

* 4 Filmography

* 5 Television Work

* 6 References

* 7 External links

[edit] Early life

Lamas is the son of the late Argentine actor Fernando Lamas and U.S.-born actress of Norwegian descent, Arlene Dahl. He was brought up in Pacific Palisades, California and moved to New York City when he was 13 years old, around 1971. He graduated from the Admiral Farragut Academy in 1975, in Pine Beach, New Jersey, and then returned to Southern California. Lamas grew to the height of 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in) tall.

A moment in Lamas\'s life which has since become famous is when he approached his mother as a child and told her, \"Mother, I want to be a star...\" Then he corrected himself, \"...I mean, an actor.\" She smiled at him and said, \"I heard you the first time.\"

ETC.

Invaluable, depending on subject matter. Worth repeating, depending on subject matter.

Info vs. no info even for such a trivial subject. Value for the researcher.

And you don\'t think I\'m light hearted about this. :lol:

Worth another:

:lol:

Not just servants, but servitude, or toilet paper;

Toilet paper is domestics? It's servitude? WTF? Is that even English?

Oh wait.....I know who you are. Someone on the old board used to put slash marks in people's posts, near apostrophes.

I hate it when I go into a public bathroom and open the door to the only available stall, only see that someone has urinated all over the toilet seat.

Then, you either have to clean the seat if you are really desperate, or you just lift the fucker, and take a piss.

But the problem is, when you leave, the next guy that goes in is gonna think you're the asshole that pissed all over the seat.

But seriously, what kind of lazy degenerate is going to piss all over a toilet seat?

Who the FUCK does THAT?

I see this all the time.

At work, we have a single bathroom, and we got a couple new guys, and it started to happen.......I began my investigation to find who it could be. Eventually I couldn't, but I spread the word and it stopped.

Why the fuck can't you just lift the damn seat?

Amen , this happens all the time.

Another pet peeve is when when women complain about guys not putting the seat down. It takes two seconds for them to reach over and do it themselves. :o

So does my boyfriend. Drives me crazy. He says, "what's the problem? We've kissed before, I'm sure we can share drinks." My issue is that people who come to visit us shouldn't have to share his drinks with him!

I thought they were referring to everyone I've ever lived with, LOL.

I swear, I'm the only one who knows where the extra TP is kept.

It's in the closet at the end of the hallway. In both the basement and the upstairs.

I hate that too.

Especially when those people are important to you.

I agree about guests too. They shouldn't have to drink stuff that had her saliva in it. But i was thinking mostly about me. I don't want to be drinking something that could have whatever was in their mouth in my drink. :o:o:o

I hate it when I go into a public bathroom and open the door to the only available stall, only see that someone has urinated all over the toilet seat.

Then, you either have to clean the seat if you are really desperate, or you just lift the fucker, and take a piss.

But the problem is, when you leave, the next guy that goes in is gonna think you're the asshole that pissed all over the seat.

But seriously, what kind of lazy degenerate is going to piss all over a toilet seat?

Who the FUCK does THAT?

I see this all the time.

At work, we have a single bathroom, and we got a couple new guys, and it started to happen.......I began my investigation to find who it could be. Eventually I couldn't, but I spread the word and it stopped.

Why the fuck can't you just lift the damn seat?

Oh yeah, I hear 'ya on this one! At work this happens every single frickin' time. Every time I have explosive dia...

Another pet peeve is when when women complain about guys not putting the seat down. It takes two seconds for them to reach over and do it themselves. :o

Except by then they have already sat down on a seat that is not there, fallen into the bowl, and made unhappy comments.

Amen , this happens all the time.

If you could just perfect your aim, you wouldn't even NEED to put the seat up! :P

Archived