Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Matt, I have to admit... on one end, I agree with spats. He was just giving the Pet Peeve. It was you and others who had to pick it apart. Admittedly, however... spats, you should not have responded.

This thread is about pet peeves. Can we please keep this thread from turning into another spats thread? Please?

Pet peeve for the day:

Pollen (I have hay fever)

You are right Nathan. I should have just ignored it. Sorry.

I luckily have no allergies so i don't have to worry about pollen and stuff.

2 pet peeves:

1. Getting spam from my own email address.

Seriously... I did not send myself an offer for a free xBox360.

2. Being a thread-killer.

There are so many threads that have ended after my post... and it sucks. Sometimes I HATE having the last word. When I'm on a forum is one of those times...

You have my sympathy. I seem to be a thread killer too, I don't know why. I'm sorry in advance for any threads I inadvertently kill. I don't mean to, honest!

Pet peeves:

APOSTROPHE FELONIES!

Seriously--I remember rolling my eyes as a 2nd grader knowing better!

PalmSpringsApril2008142.jpg

What's the felony? The apostrophe is right. This Mini Moo is taking ownership for the half-and-half cream. Hence the name "Mini Moo's Half & Half."

"Mini Moos" is the name of the product, so the apostrophe is not needed. It's not a possessive.

It's Land O' Lakes that takes possession of the half-and-half.

Oh. Haha. I missed the whole Land-O-Lakes part... :D

I understood Nathan's rationale, as well as Elizabeth's.

I thought that Land O Lakes was calling their tiny creamers "Mini Moos" as in more than one moo.

:lol:

LOL no.

I think the rationale Land-O-Lakes is using is that Mini Moo is a cow. That is why the give Mini Moo ownership over the cream instead of themselves. Yes, they own it, but they are perpetuating the myth that the cream comes from Mini Moo, based on the fact that we get dairy from cows.

This board. Too many bigots, too many. I'm beginning to hate this place and I never thought that would happen. I have a lot of friends here and people I enjoy talking to, but the stench of intolerance is burning my nostrils.

Bigot. What an outdated and offensive word. Please refrain from using it. And also, please refrain from classifying anyone who disagrees with your opinions, a "bigot" or a "racist". That is extremely ignorant and unfair of yourself to do such a thing. You are causing more harm than anyone here with your immediate and unfair, offensive classifications.

I had a buddy who was my roommate for about 2 years. This guy was 33 years old, and he would sit there, and watch Spongebob all day and drink beer.

I tried to understand it.

I really tried. But I couldn't.

He is a great friend, and was a great roommate, but this drove me nuts. When I heard him start watching it I was like "No!!!!!!!" :o

Maybe this episode would be more soothing. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUc7JFjT6L0...feature=related

That looks funny; I"ll have to watch it later though. Youngest daughter (6) heard the voice and came running!

I can usually ignore Spongebob but have zero tolerance today (or any other Disney/Nickelodeon show).

I'm just really thankful she is over the Wiggles. The year she was stuck on the Wiggles was really rough; talk about songs getting stuck in your head! :blink:

That looks funny; I"ll have to watch it later though. Youngest daughter (6) heard the voice and came running!

I can usually ignore Spongebob but have zero tolerance today (or any other Disney/Nickelodeon show).

I'm just really thankful she is over the Wiggles. The year she was stuck on the Wiggles was really rough; talk about songs getting stuck in your head! :blink:

Blue's Clues used to rein here lol

Archived