Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Nah, a couple of people were enjoying a few beers, but we're talking a much bigger picture. Sober people can't even have a Pepsi. We can't have cookouts. We used to community grilling on weekends, and everyone would congregate at the pool and bring food. All the families. And have tacos or whatever. Now we not only have to cook indoors, we can't even share it with our neighbors in the "common area". No big bowls of chips and dip. No watermelons. No gathering around a folding table covered with food. The old managers used to throw parties. Kid-friendly parties, where you could give the manager a pie in the face through a cutout in a board. Good clean fun. Now I'm looking at an empty pool, 20 empty chairs, pool toys rolling around in the breeze, and two dozen kids stuck in their homes on a beautiful afternoon playing video games. It's criminal.

*edit to add* Medbh, you name the place and time! :beer:

That's ridiculous. Something should be done about that. Not one thing you've mentioned sounds even the slightest bit destructive. If everyone joins in, why are the managers complaining since all the tenants are happy? That makes me mad and I'm not even there.

What it is is the absentee owners. They've installed a new manager and instructed her to rule with an iron fist. They have no idea what the community that's lived here for years is like. It's not a "party atmosphere". It's just regular folks. Nothing crazy. No one's doing Jello shots off someone's stomach at the pool. It's just that the laughter of children and the feeling of community have been silenced. I mean, do the math: 91 degrees, pool full of toys, complex full of kids, not a soul in the pool due to fear of eviction for excessive splashing. Why have a pool at all. If that the way it's gonna be, I say stop pouring chemicals in the thing and stock it with fish. Fishing is quiet.

Aside from the blatant he-man woman hater-ness displayed several pages back, nothing.

That's not what i was doing. I was just giving a ton of examples of how society caters to women and the examples of how men have to do the catering. Just because i don't kiss womens bums does not make me one of those he men people. I don't hate anyone. I am just being honest about it. I just can't be one of those guys that kiss butt .

It is unseasonably hot here in the Cackalack. I have been looking forward to tomorrow night's R.E.M. concert in Raleigh since it was first announced several months ago but I'm not looking forward to the heat (which is predicted to be in the upper 90s, even at night).

Thanks for the info, Boinnie. That's fascinating.

The fact that spats are the result of asexual reproduction certainly seems to explain why, when they grow up, they tend to just sit there and not approach oysters of the opposite sex. I guess they prefer to just sit there and wait, and when the time is right they.. well.. self-release.

I feel for the little spats. I wonder how they ever manage to forge a sense of their own individual identity when they're clumped together in a nondescript mass of little spats?

I guess they really do have a hard time growing up, huh? Poor little things. :(

I have forged my own identity in life. The "oyster" got tired of getting rejected all the freaking time. There is no rejection if you let them come to you.

It is unseasonably hot here in the Cackalack. I have been looking forward to tomorrow night's R.E.M. concert in Raleigh since it was first announced several months ago but I'm not looking forward to the heat (which is predicted to be in the upper 90s, even at night).

It feels like you are in a sauna. It's terrible.

That's not what i was doing. I was just giving a ton of examples of how society caters to women and the examples of how men have to do the catering. Just because i don't kiss womens bums does not make me one of those he men people. I don't hate anyone. I am just being honest about it. I just can't be one of those guys that kiss butt .

I'm trying to contain my laughter long enough to type. Please cite some examples.

Oh fuck, I just fed Spats. :oops:

It feels like you are in a sauna. It's terrible.

I plan on fending off the heat by stuffing my shorts with copious amounts of ice. Of course that could lead to some shrinkage of the likes the world has never seen.

I plan on fending off the heat by stuffing my shorts with copious amounts of ice. Of course that could lead to some shrinkage of the likes the world has never seen.

OOh and that painful sharp intake of breath as the cold hits your gonads :o:blink:

It's actually been pretty cool and rainy so far this summer in this neck of the woods. Last year, it was all "Oh, the drought! It's so terrible!" This year it's all "Oh, the horrible rain! Oh, the flooding!" People are just never happy.... :( There's always something to piss and moan about....

I'm trying to contain my laughter long enough to type. Please cite some examples.

Oh fuck, I just fed Spats. :oops:

dontfeedthespats-1.gif

ROFL

As for the poor souls suffering through the heatwave, it's still VERY ridiculously cool here. Stupid stupid rain and clouds!

It's actually been pretty cool and rainy so far this summer in this neck of the woods. Last year, it was all "Oh, the drought! It's so terrible!" This year it's all "Oh, the horrible rain! Oh, the flooding!" People are just never happy.... :( There's always something to piss and moan about....

Piss & Moan Blues

spent my whole paycheck

on the goddamn rent

and much more i can piss and moan about

gonna piss and moan right outta here

spent the whole damn day

in the goddamn house

ain't much more I ramble on about

ramble right on out here

say you don't know

where yer money goes

(Lincoln, Jackson, Franklin)

I see yer (Abraham, Andrew, Benjamin)

wish I had me some of those

spent my whole damn wad

on food and pot

ain't much more that I have got

gonna get it and get out of here

yoda lay hee yodaoda lay hee yodaooo lay hee hee hee

The Gourds from Dems Good Beeble

Piss & Moan Blues

spent my whole paycheck

on the goddamn rent

and much more i can piss and moan about

gonna piss and moan right outta here

spent the whole damn day

in the goddamn house

ain't much more I ramble on about

ramble right on out here

say you don't know

where yer money goes

(Lincoln, Jackson, Franklin)

I see yer (Abraham, Andrew, Benjamin)

wish I had me some of those

spent my whole damn wad

on food and pot

ain't much more that I have got

gonna get it and get out of here

yoda lay hee yodaoda lay hee yodaooo lay hee hee hee

The Gourds from Dems Good Beeble

Boink: Hey Splits look this bit over, a Grammy winner for sure.

Splits: Yeah, pant, pant, run, Grammy drool, waddle split CMT is more like it.

Boink: Should be called redneck nose picker gets banjo...

Splits: Inbred, inbed, pickup full of aluminum, recycles, collects bugs, pant run, waddle pant.

Boink: Beer and drug addict, whew he's way further advanced.

Splits: Yeah, brain dead, drain bread, waddle, sprint, run fart.

^LOL

Not to mention co-workers who just get off on making you look bad but end up looking like the douchebags in the end...(that's my pet peeve today).

Grr. If I didn't think I'd get worked up all over again, I'd tell you guys the story.

Good thing though--I ended up looking MUCH better, she looked like an old grumpy lady, ROFL.

Archived