Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I hate it when bums ask me to spare them some loose change.

I know your pain. On a typical day we'll go to say, WalMart for kitty food, and there'll be some guy with a donation box sitting outside. So I'll put whatever change I have in my pocket in it. Then we go to Vons, where my bank is inside, to do my banking, and there'll be another with the same logo on his box, who'll give me a dirty look for passing him by. Then we'll go to Albertsons to do our grocery shopping, and yep, another one. Hit up three times in an hour and even though we donated, two of them look at us like cheap scum. One of these days....Look friend! Gave to your pal at WalMart an hour ago so back the fuck off me!

I need to get me one of those metal boxes and a folding chair! :lol:

I know your pain. On a typical day we'll go to say, WalMart for kitty food, and there'll be some guy with a donation box sitting outside. So I'll put whatever change I have in my pocket in it. Then we go to Vons, where my bank is inside, to do my banking, and there'll be another with the same logo on his box, who'll give me a dirty look for passing him by. Then we'll go to Albertsons to do our grocery shopping, and yep, another one. Hit up three times in an hour and even though we donated, two of them look at us like cheap scum. One of these days....Look friend! Gave to your pal at WalMart an hour ago so back the fuck off me!

You will surely make tons on T-Shirts and bootleg recordings :hysterical:

Wow... I was going back and realized I never responded to this... might as well. Not to rehash the fast food discussion but... yeah...

It isn't so much that anything bad happened. As far as customer service and getting my order rights, I never had a problem. It was never stellar, but it was never anything to complain about. It was the food. The chicken alone is good. And I would say Chick-Fil-A has the best chicken biscuit of any place. But I just can't stand the rest of it. The perfect example, the original chicken sandiwch. Just the pickle, the chicken, and the bun... every single time I've ever ordered this, the bun is soggy and all I can taste is pickle... yes, even over the chicken. Not that I hate pickles, but that's just ridiculous. And I've given it enough chances that I should have gotten at least one good sandwich. I also cannot stand their fries.

Obviously, I'm leaving out other items on the menu, and I could go through the menu and talk about why I don't like each item, but that post would be way too long. You get the idea, with just this, I'm sure.

I don't know... I just don't like the food there beyond the chicken biscuit. Now, I could live on their chicken biscuit. That inandof itself is in-freakin'-credible. If they haven't already, Chick-Fil-A should win awards for their chicken biscuit.

Thanks Nathan; I was just curious; I worked at a Chick-Fil-A back in high school :)

We just ate there today on our way back from vacation, and I think it was the busiest one I've ever seen; with possibly the friendliest staff I'd ever seen too!

I like the regular chicken sandwiches (extra pickles B) ) but today I had a chargrilled sandwich with the fruit cup instead of fries (ate way too much on vacation, lol). Next time, try ordering a sandwich without pickles (and maybe with no butter on the bun). :)

Thanks Nathan; I was just curious; I worked at a Chick-Fil-A back in high school :)

And you can still eat there?

LOL J/K

Just saying 'cause I know people who've worked at fast food restaraunts and now would never eat there. I worked at Mrs. Winner's (kind of a KFC-wannabe place) for about 11 months and I can guarantee you I will never eat there again, mainly 'cause I know the truth behind the food and how it's cooked... :o

We just ate there today on our way back from vacation, and I think it was the busiest one I've ever seen; with possibly the friendliest staff I'd ever seen too!

Yeah. Like I said... customer service was never something to complain about. In customer service, I'd say Chick-Fil-A ranks in the top ten.

I like the regular chicken sandwiches (extra pickles B) ) but today I had a chargrilled sandwich with the fruit cup instead of fries (ate way too much on vacation, lol). Next time, try ordering a sandwich without pickles (and maybe with no butter on the bun). :)

I'll try without the pickles and buns. I don't mind giving them another chance because I do like the chicken, but beyond the biscuit, something about the way they put that chicken with other items just kinda ruins it for me. Always has. I don't know, we'll see.

I've had what you had. The chargrilled sandwich? Besides the chicken biscuit, it's the only other thing I really liked... sorta. One time I got a chicken biscuit and requested a chargrilled chicken instead of the fried, just to try it. It actually turned out to be a lot better then it sounds, but it's still better with the fried chicken...

Here is my latest pet peeve and it happened again last night.. Me and some buddies were at an event and there were some good looking women there. And as it's wrapping up a pretty girl there is flirting like crazy with me and then it just goes nowhere and her and her girlfriends leave. What is the point???? :o If you have no intention of hooking up with someone don't flirt like that with the person. This girl had my hopes up and then nothing. What a letdown. It's happened a couple times recently. It's not a nice thing to do and it's frustrating. If you have no interest in someone, don't act like you do.

Hmm... maybe she considered flirting to be 'making the first move' or 'approaching' you... you know, the very thing you want females to do.

Maybe it went nowhere because YOU didn't respond and therefore she thought YOU weren't interested in her. Maybe she went home all frustrated because she thought you were interested she flirted with you. In some alternate universe, some young woman is posting in a forum about her frustration with guys.

Geez spats, maybe you should have a couple t-shirts made with "I'm available and interested in hot girls but please make the first move... and tell me, so I'll know that's what you're doing".

edited to add...

oh no, I just fed the spats. :bagoverhead:

Hmm... maybe she considered flirting to be 'making the first move' or 'approaching' you... you know, the very thing you want females to do.

Maybe it went nowhere because YOU didn't respond and therefore she thought YOU weren't interested in her. Maybe she went home all frustrated because she thought you were interested she flirted with you. In some alternate universe, some young woman is posting in a forum about her frustration with guys.

Geez spats, maybe you should have a couple t-shirts made with "I'm available and interested in hot girls but please make the first move... and tell me, so I'll know that's what you're doing".

edited to add...

oh no, I just fed the spats. :bagoverhead:

I hear ya sister. :console:

He can't be real.There are no "cool" women in Toronto he says?With a population of almost 6 million?.....Troll

LOL

Let me tell you what it's like when you work at one of the grocery stores and you don't stop to put money in the boxes!

Or better, how guilty you feel when there are girl scouts dressed up like cookies playing a violin to get you to buy their cookies! :o

I always feel guilty, especially guilty for the war veterans with those poppy flowers (my boyfriend is in the Air Force and is now a veteran of two wars, for those who don't know), and really guilty for the girl scouts!

Seriously, all words that end in 's' do not take an apostrophe. *slapface*

I LITERALLY CRINGED THIS MORNING WHEN DAVE AND I WENT OUT TO BREAKFAST.

The reason?

The sign on the podium and on the front door at Elmer's:

"Summer Hour's."

UUUGGGHHHH!

Oh yeah, and even though Nathan and I have had a big in-depth conversation, I STILL think this one is wrong:

PalmSpringsApril2008143.jpg

(shudders and runs away, pulling hair out of head...)

Shit Mandy, how many boxes of Thin Mints do I need to buy before those little urchins will leave me alone? :lol:

Seriously. You order a freezerfull from the kid next door (or your niece in my case), and for weeks the girls outside the supermarket (and their mothers) give you dirty looks. "You non-contributer!". "Get in the community spirit!" :rant:

Maam, I've bought enough cookies to make your daughter burst her little green outfit. How much does that cost? :beer:

I LITERALLY CRINGED THIS MORNING WHEN DAVE AND I WENT OUT TO BREAKFAST.

The reason?

The sign on the podium and on the front door at Elmer's:

"Summer Hour's."

UUUGGGHHHH!

Oh yeah, and even though Nathan and I have had a big in-depth conversation, I STILL think this one is wrong:

PalmSpringsApril2008143.jpg

(shudders and runs away, pulling hair out of head...)

It's like an epidemic or something! Plus, my students regularly leave the possessive apostrophe off if a word ends in 's' (e.g. "Euripides plays"; even worse, sometimes they decide that it should be "Euripide's plays"). Where is the logic? Like, words that end in 's' have a special, backwards grammar? WTF?!

UUUGGH!

(to the apostrophes....)

It does seem that only people whose names end in "s" know the "s" with apostrophe rule.

I remembered it after a man named James flipped out on me..

I know it's "James' " now. LOL

I remember being a kid--like in 4th or 5th grade, and mocking my mom's boyfriend for putting a sign on our screen door after the carpets were professionally cleaned:

Please take your shoe's off.

Carpets were just cleaned.

ROFL

EV--I have NO clue how many boxes is the magical number---but my problem is this: I would spend my gas money on cookies had I been given the chance, ROFL.

I remember being a kid--like in 4th or 5th grade, and mocking my mom's boyfriend for putting a sign on our screen door after the carpets were professionally cleaned:

Please take your shoe's off.

Carpets were just cleaned.

ROFL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What ticks me off is when they push their "cookies," and than ask for a tip afterwards. I mean, geeez, I give and give and give and give. The worst part is the odd looks on my neighbors faces. If they would just mind their own business, PERVS :rant: :rant: :rant:

558412.jpg

And you can still eat there?

LOL J/K

Absolutely; although I don't go there very often anymore because I try to steer clear of fried stuff. They used to make a shredded chicken barbecue (Chicken Q) a long time ago too that was really good; I wish they hadn't discontinued that!

I saw a McDonalds ad earlier in the week; they've just launched a Southern Chicken Sandwich. You can see pickles under the bun in the picture.

I saw a McDonalds ad earlier in the week; they've just launched a Southern Chicken Sandwich. You can see pickles under the bun in the picture.

We almost never eat fast food, but Checkers has a rockin' Southern Fried Chicken sandwich - hard to resist!

Shit Mandy, how many boxes of Thin Mints do I need to buy before those little urchins will leave me alone? :lol:

Seriously. You order a freezerfull from the kid next door (or your niece in my case), and for weeks the girls outside the supermarket (and their mothers) give you dirty looks. "You non-contributer!". "Get in the community spirit!" :rant:

Maam, I've bought enough cookies to make your daughter burst her little green outfit. How much does that cost? :beer:

I wouldn't even MIND if a girlscout actually took the trouble to knock on my door. These days around here....all of their parents bring in the sheets to work, so you've got 15 parents trying to sell girlscout cookies. I've just stopped ordering on principle. If one knocks on my door I'll buy a box (I don't even like to eat the stuff) but I'm not buying from mommy and daddy...deadbeat girlscouts! :lol:

I share in your aggravation. Especially since it's four and a half hours away.

My solace is I get to see them in a few weeks! :D

What show are you going to? I'm going to the Tahoe show... it would be great to meet forum people in the flesh!

It's like an epidemic or something! Plus, my students regularly leave the possessive apostrophe off if a word ends in 's' (e.g. "Euripides plays"; even worse, sometimes they decide that it should be "Euripide's plays"). Where is the logic? Like, words that end in 's' have a special, backwards grammar? WTF?!

Its one of those weird shifts in langauge that happen. It's basically the reason we no longer write English like this:

The Knight's Tale

But for to tellen yow of his array,

His hors were goode, but he was nat gay.

Of fustian he wered a gypon

Al bismotered with his habergeon,

For he was late ycome from his viage,

And wente for to doon his pilgrymage.

Logic doesn't enter into it, unfortunately.

Plus, it's so damn pervasive, I find myself adding apostrophes where they are not needed! I hate that! Soon English speakers are going to not understand what an apostrophe is unless they were born before 1995...

I wouldn't even MIND if a girlscout actually took the trouble to knock on my door. These days around here....all of their parents bring in the sheets to work, so you've got 15 parents trying to sell girlscout cookies. I've just stopped ordering on principle. If one knocks on my door I'll buy a box (I don't even like to eat the stuff) but I'm not buying from mommy and daddy...deadbeat girlscouts! :lol:

Totally agree with that one. It's the same for school fund raisers as well.

What show are you going to? I'm going to the Tahoe show... it would be great to meet forum people in the flesh!

It would be wonderful to meet forum people! Only, Tahoe's half a world away from me. I'll be going to the show in Raleigh.

It would be wonderful to meet forum people! Only, Tahoe's half a world away from me. I'll be going to the show in Raleigh.

LOL... Ah well, have fun and we'll meet back here and compare notes... :)

My current pet peeve is the price of petrol and diesel in the UK. It's absolutely criminal. I filled up my car yesterday (it wasn't even empty, I had about a quarter of a tank already) and I just stood there, watching the numbers in disbelief. £55, it cost me ($108).

I felt like crying! :boohoo:

Ehhh... I know scouting is supposed to teach them to be a part of the community, but in today's world I just don't condone sending kids door to door.

Not for fundraisers either. My kids are always instructed to turn that crap back in, and i give the school a check for 20$ donation.

Ehhh... I know scouting is supposed to teach them to be a part of the community, but in today's world I just don't condone sending kids door to door.

Not for fundraisers either. My kids are always instructed to turn that crap back in, and i give the school a check for 20$ donation.

Same here. I'm raising a student, not a salesperson. I can't believe all the crap they're supposed to sell nowadays. Even when they're little. Then they offer cool prizes to people who sell a certain amount and get the kids all excited. I can remember my kid bringing home those sheets and she never sold anything because I wouldn't bother people for money.

Archived