Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I know I'm a fool for trying. But the way I see it, I'm doing it for the board. You see, Spats is telling us about it because it's been TWO YEARS. If I can just get some advice to hit, and he gets some tail because of my advice, well then we won't have to hear any more about it for another two years.

I wish you would give the women here in Toronto the advice. Honesty is the best policy. They aren't grasping that.

Well, some of them do make the right choices, that's why you're still single.

:hysterical:

That's great! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

For reasons I will never understand, my daughter loves infomercials and watches them like regular tv shows.

I watch the 60s timelife infomercial whenever I see it's on. I could watch it over and over again and never get tired of it.

But Bonnie,he's been saying it's been 2 years for the last ....2years. :huh:

No i haven't. The first time i mentioned how long it's been was a couple weeks ago when someone asked. I should not have answered.

Being straightforward is the best approach. If it doesn't go the way you hope, then at least you know. Just state your intentions. If you get mixed signals from the girl, ask hers!

But the whole point is that they were the one who was flirting with me. I wasn't the one flirting. My first point was the you should not flirt unless you want to hook up with the person. Otherwise it's not fair to the other person. And my second point was the flirting is not a clear enought signal that one is interested. Because i have got mixed signals before. I was just saying the women should be upfront and honest about their intentions.

Asking her out or for her phone number is being Mr. Macho? Oh lawsy. BTW, it's also your tough luck... because you were interested.

Did you speak your mind then? Let's review... "...This girl had my hopes up and then nothing..."

You are not a mind reader. Neither is she. She flirted... you got your hopes up... and nothing. I guess you not only want the first move made by her, you want it to be so direct that you can't mistake it. I guess a girl should walk to you, say I think your hot and I want to get to know you so give me your phone number.

Why don't you have that printed on a t-shirt, maybe make up some calling cards with that information on it. Just hand it out to hot chicks... maybe they'd like that. oops, I guess they should walk up to you and ask for one.

...and yes folks, I know it's pointless, but I haven't fed the spats in awhile.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being direct. Flirting is not the direct approach. Some here think it is but I have had egg on my face before with this stuff. I have had girls flirt with me in the exact same way before and one was interested and a couple weren't. What does that tell ya about mixed signals with flirting?? That is one of the reasons i have been gun shy about making the first move in the first place.

Did i speak my mind with her? No. Because it's crap shoot with flirting. I didn't know for sure whether she was interested in that way. If she would have just been direct with her intentions it would clear up any doubt. I personally wouldn't flirt with a girl unless i 100% wanted to hook up with her. They should do the same or just be straightforward about it.

It is sort of my touch luck too because she was really pretty and had a nice body. I haven't been flirted with by a girl THAT pretty in awhile. i guess that's why i fell for it.

I think part of the problem Spats, is that you don't come off as being very passionate or intense. There's no fire. Believe it or not, it does make a difference in the type of impression you make on someone, whether you spark their interest or not. If you want to get a girl you're flirting with to be interested, there's a couple things you should do.

1) Make eye contact. Look at her when you're talking to her, don't be scoping out the room. If you don't make eye contact, she won't think you're interested.

2) Find common ground. When you're talking, listen to what she's saying, and zero in on a topic that you both have in common. For example, say you both like Neil Diamond. Talk to her about that. Ask her questions about it, like "So how long have you been a fan of his?" or "What do you think of the [album name] album?"

3) Don't be afraid to make physical contact. No, I don't mean play grab-ass. But don't be afraid to brush her hair out of her face, or touch her arm when you are talking to her.

It is sort of my touch luck too because she was really pretty and had a nice body.

Spats, congratulations, you made a little bit of progress. Saying she is "really pretty" over hot is a nicer thing to say. She probably would have apprecieted it more.

But the whole point is that they were the one who was flirting with me. I wasn't the one flirting. My first point was the you should not flirt unless you want to hook up with the person. Otherwise it's not fair to the other person. And my second point was the flirting is not a clear enought signal that one is interested. Because i have got mixed signals before. I was just saying the women should be upfront and honest about their intentions.

Flirting is very elusive. If a girl you are interested in is flirting with you, ask her if she'd like to go out sometime. Be direct. You will get your answer right then and there. It's not that complex. Everyone gets and gives mixed signals, so you just have to get to the truth. Many people DO like to flirt for fun. It's part of some people's personality, so you can't fault someone for being like that. My youngest sister has always been that way. To watch her talk to a guy (even some she has known for years) you might think, wow she really wants him, lol. But if you know her, you know it's natural for her to talk that way. It's not done to harm anyone or lead anyone on.

Bottom line (again) be direct.

I think part of the problem Spats, is that you don't come off as being very passionate or intense. There's no fire. Believe it or not, it does make a difference in the type of impression you make on someone, whether you spark their interest or not. If you want to get a girl you're flirting with to be interested, there's a couple things you should do.

1) Make eye contact. Look at her when you're talking to her, don't be scoping out the room. If you don't make eye contact, she won't think you're interested.

2) Find common ground. When you're talking, listen to what she's saying, and zero in on a topic that you both have in common. For example, say you both like Neil Diamond. Talk to her about that. Ask her questions about it, like "So how long have you been a fan of his?" or "What do you think of the [album name] album?"

3) Don't be afraid to make physical contact. No, I don't mean play grab-ass. But don't be afraid to brush her hair out of her face, or touch her arm when you are talking to her.

You are right. I am not a very passionate or intense person. never have been. I am laid back, easy going , casual person. I don't get very angry or overjoyed. Just not me i guess. I am somewhere in between.

1. I do make eye contact but a woman's eyes have never really interested me so it's never been a big deal with me. I know what you are saying though.

2. I do that with women have stuff in common with.

3. This one i don't feel comfortable doing. I just find it too bold or invading someone's space. Especially if I don't know if she thinks i am hot or not. You don't think brushing the hair out of the girls eyes is too forward?? I would not feel uncomfortable doing that. And i wouldn't want anyone doing that to me unless i wanted to hook up with them.

What advice do you give to the girls that are not straighforward and are just content with flirting?

3. This one i don't feel comfortable doing. I just find it too bold or invading someone's space. Especially if you don't know if she thinks i am hot or not. You don't think brushing the hair out of the girls eyes is too forward??

Personally, i don't care for someone i don't know "touching" me. It is definitely invading personal space.

Flirting is very elusive. If a girl you are interested in is flirting with you, ask her if she'd like to go out sometime. Be direct. You will get your answer right then and there. It's not that complex. Everyone gets and gives mixed signals, so you just have to get to the truth. Many people DO like to flirt for fun. It's part of some people's personality, so you can't fault someone for being like that. My youngest sister has always been that way. To watch her talk to a guy (even some she has known for years) you might think, wow she really wants him, lol. But if you know her, you know it's natural for her to talk that way. It's not done to harm anyone or lead anyone on.

Bottom line (again) be direct.

Then how does she show guys if she is really interested in them? because flirting obviously isn't it.

Shouldn't we both be direct??

You are right. I am not a very passionate or intense person. never have been. I am laid back, easy going , casual person. I don't get very angry or overjoyed. Just not me i guess. I am somewhere in between.

1. I do make eye contact but a woman's eyes have never really interested me so it's never been a big deal with me. I know what you are saying though.

3. This one i don't feel comfortable doing. I just find it too bold or invading someone's space. Especially if I don't know if she thinks i am hot or not. You don't think brushing the hair out of the girls eyes is too forward?? I would not feel uncomfortable doing that. And i wouldn't want anyone doing that to me unless i wanted to hook up with them.

What advice do you give to the girls that are not straighforward and are just content with flirting?

Come back in like 10 years and maybe we could talk on a adult level :blink:

Have you tried a blow up doll or one of these:

Not for Kids

Based on reading too many of your posts concerning women, this seems like your best bet.

Then how does she show guys if she is really interested in them? because flirting obviously isn't it.

Shouldn't we both be direct??

Well like me, most of her love life has been with serious partners, not casual dating. So even when she is with a partner, she stills has the flirty nature. None of her boyfriends ever seemed to mind that about her, either. I think it's easy to see it's just her personality. It's not intentional flirting on her part, and that's my point. It may have been seen by the guy she's talking to as flirting, and that's not her problem.

Like me, if she is interested in a guy, she lets him know. How, by saying it. Nothing cryptic about it. I have been chasing someone for months now, lol. I think i was pretty direct from the start.

Well like me, most of her love life has been with serious partners, not casual dating. So even when she is with a partner, she stills has the flirty nature. None of her boyfriends ever seemed to mind that about her, either. I think it's easy to see it's just her personality. It's not intentional flirting on her part, and that's my point. It may have been seen by the guy she's talking to as flirting, and that's not her problem.

Like me, if she is interested in a guy, she lets him know. How, by saying it. Nothing cryptic about it. I have been chasing someone for months now, lol. I think i was pretty direct from the start.

See? you are Cool. :D That's how all women should be. They should just come out and say they are interested. It's not rocket science.

See? you are Cool. :D That's how all women should be. They should just come out and say they are interested. It's not rocket science.

Thank you.

You have to realize everyone is different. You can't expect girls to behave the way you want them to. That is why you have to go after what you want. Even when i was 10 i chased boys, lol. I would call them on the phone. It was not "acceptable" at that time for the girl to make the first move. I didn't care, seemed pointless to not let someone you like know it. Otherwise, someone really good might get away. I think it gave me confidence as i got older. I wasn't afraid to approach someone i liked for "fear of rejection". If they didn't like me back then at least i knew, could get over them and move on.

Although I admit to being a cause myself...

Why is it that every thread spats entered becomes a thread about spats? Isn't that why a thread for spats was started in the first place, to keep this from happening?

Look... I'm begging you... all of you... can we get back to the original topic of this thread... pet peeves?

Maybe someone should bring the spats thread back, because, obviously, no one (myself included, unfortunately) can keep from trying to knock some sense into that skull.

I'm serious... back to the regularly scheduled topic. I mean, ya'll remember it, right? You know, pet peeves? The thread to bitch about what pisses us off? You know what I'm talking about... right?

Right?

Come on...

Fine...

In an effort to put this thread back on track (and to try and see if y'all remember what this thread is supposed to be about), I have a new pet peeve:

I'm 21 years old. What I should have is a job, an apartment with a rommate, a girlfriend, a car, a new guitar, my own room, and membership in a real college. Unfortunately, that's not me.

For starters, nobody's hiring, and everyone who is, who has my application, won't call me, and will either ignore me or brush me off when I walk in. Not like I do anything wrong... I fill out the applications, I call and walk in, dressed professionally, every once in a while (not every day, just often enough to show I'm interested), and nothing. As such, I have no money. So, I still live with my parents. I do not have my own car, I'm single, I'm using a $100 guitar (though I love this guitar, I want a high-end one), I have to borrow a guitar amp from my brother's best friend, and I go to a BS 2-year commuter college.

That is my pet peeve... in fact, that is my biggest pet peeve in life right now.

Why is it that every thread spats entered becomes a thread about spats? Isn\'t that why a thread for spats was started in the first place, to keep this from happening?

Look... I\'m begging you... all of you... can we get back to the original topic of this thread... pet peeves?

Maybe someone should bring the spats thread back, because, obviously, no one (myself included, unfortunately) can keep from trying to knock some sense into that skull.

I\'m serious... back to the regularly scheduled topic. I mean, ya\'ll remember it, right? You know, pet peeves? The thread to bitch about what pisses us off? You know what I\'m talking about... right?

Right?

Come on...

Fine...

In an effort to put this thread back on track (and to try and see if y\'all remember what this thread is supposed to be about), I have a new pet peeve:

I\'m 21 years old. What I should have is a job, an apartment with a rommate, a girlfriend, a car, a new guitar, my own room, and membership in a real college. Unfortunately, that\'s not me.

For starters, nobody\'s hiring, and everyone who is, who has my application, won\'t call me, and will either ignore me or brush me off when I walk in. Not like I do anything wrong... I fill out the applications, I call and walk in, dressed professionally, every once in a while (not every day, just often enough to show I\'m interested), and nothing. As such, I have no money. So, I still live with my parents. I do not have my own car, I\'m single, I\'m using a $100 guitar (though I love this guitar, I want a high-end one), I have to borrow a guitar amp from my brother\'s best friend, and I go to a BS 2-year commuter college.

That is my pet peeve... in fact, that is my biggest pet peeve in life right now.

Tangerine and I are gonna hook spats up with one hot fucking babe. Them maybe he can start a thread on sex and putting lil muffins in the oven :)

Why is it that every thread spats entered becomes a thread about spats? Isn't that why a thread for spats was started in the first place, to keep this from happening?

Look... I'm begging you... all of you... can we get back to the original topic of this thread... pet peeves?

I'm serious... back to the regularly scheduled topic. I mean, ya'll remember it, right? You know, pet peeves? The thread to bitch about what pisses us off? You know what I'm talking about... right?

Right?

Come on...

Fine...

In an effort to put this thread back on track (and to try and see if y'all remember what this thread is supposed to be about), I have a new pet peeve:

I'm 21 years old. What I should have is a job, an apartment with a rommate, a girlfriend, a car, a new guitar, my own room, and membership in a real college. Unfortunately, that's not me.

For starters, nobody's hiring, and everyone who is, who has my application, won't call me, and will either ignore me or brush me off when I walk in. Not like I do anything wrong... I fill out the applications, I call and walk in, dressed professionally, every once in a while (not every day, just often enough to show I'm interested), and nothing. As such, I have no money. So, I still live with my parents. I do not have my own car, I'm single, I'm using a $100 guitar (though I love this guitar, I want a high-end one), I have to borrow a guitar amp from my brother's best friend, and I go to a BS 2-year commuter college.

So if people respond to your post and give you advice does that mean it's become a "Nathan thread"?? :blink: All threads i think take different turns here and then. I don't think there are many that stay strictly on topic. I think that's just what happens when people chat.

So if people respond to your post and give you advice does that mean it\'s become a \"Nathan thread\"?? :blink: All threads i think take different turns here and then. I don\'t think there are many that stay strictly on topic. I think that\'s just what happens when people chat.

Awww dont pay any attention to these persons. They are pushing your buttons mate :)

All in fun....

So if people respond to your post and give you advice does that mean it's become a "Nathan thread"?? :blink: All threads i think take different turns here and then. I don't think there are many that stay strictly on topic. I think that's just what happens when people chat.

The difference, spats, is that I generally listen to their advice and don't drag it on and on about how I wanted their advice, but it's wrong, so I'm not gonna take it and they should give me different advice. If I need advice, all I need is a page or less. Not a whole thread.

And to be honest, while it'd be cool and I'd gladly sit it over, think about it, and, if I think it's worth it, maybe even use it, I don't exactly expect any advice to my post. That is not the point of this thread. We aren't supposed to be giving advice. We're supposed to be bitching, here. If we want advice, let's start an advice thread.

So if people respond to your post and give you advice does that mean it\'s become a \"Nathan thread\"?? :blink: All threads i think take different turns here and then. I don\'t think there are many that stay strictly on topic. I think that\'s just what happens when people chat.

Awww dont pay any attention to these persons. They are pushing your buttons mate :)

All in fun....

But doooo listen to this. Get a babe, she will calm your ass and you will have fun, you don\'t like her, give her a bottle of champagne, a blanket and say seeeeya.

All in fun....

I ain't pushin' any buttons. I was being completely and utterly honest. There was no bad intent in my post. Why are we giving advice on a thread that was never intended for advice-giving in the first place?

Right?

Come on...

Fine...

That's rough. The only part of this i can give you input with is the education piece. Stay in school and continue on for a degree. Times are hard all over. If you find a career at least you will then be able to work on getting out of your parent's place and taking care of yourself.

As for the single part, maybe you and Spats could join forces to find a couple nice girls...

Archived