Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Bet that gadget comes with an instruction manual on cd rom.

A cd rom that's wrapped in a celophane wrapping... :(

If you can't figure out how to run a razor along the edge of a CD in order to remove the shrink wrap maybe you shouldn't be handling CDs to start with, much less razors themselves.

Yeah, that's one of those stories old people like to tell. Truth is there was no life before downloading.

FACT! :rolleyes:

What in the fuck does "old" have to do with anything? I offered a very simple solution to opening CDs and all you can do is keep bitchin'. So, just who is the "old" one here?

If you can't figure out how to run a razor along the edge of a CD in order to remove the shrink wrap maybe you shouldn't be handling CDs to start with, much less razors themselves.

The point isn't whether I'm able to - the point is that I think I shouldn't have to handle a razor to open a cd. No more than I should have to use scissors to open a milk carton.

I mean - there's people who get paid for designing those things! Hallo, it's a f*cking cd, not Fort Knox. If anything they should use those wrappings on cigarettes - would teach those smokers to cut down a bit. :rolleyes:

What in the fuck does "old" have to do with anything? I offered a very simple solution to opening CDs and all you can do is keep bitchin'. So, just who is the "old" one here?

Jahfin you really need a sense of humour transplant. Honestly.

The point isn't whether I'm able to - the point is that I think I shouldn't have to handle a razor to open a cd. No more than I should have to use scissors to open a milk carton.

Perhaps not, but the fact of the matter remains that CDs come in shrinkwrap. All I did was offer a simple solution but all you can do is keep whining abou it.

Perhaps not, but the fact of the matter remains that CDs come in shrinkwrap. All I did was offer a simple solution but all you can do is keep whining abou it.

Keep whining? In the PET PEEVES thread? Now that's completely unheard off! :rolleyes:

Jahfin this thread is for people to bitch about things that piss them off. To bitch, whine, throw tantrums, yell and stomp their feet. Those shrinkwraps piss me off. I know how to open them but they still piss me off.

It's because they were made in hell. :)

The cellophane is a bit difficul to remove without a tool.....but I'm more with Kissandra here. I don't like the sticky stuff inside the cellophane that covers the top part of the cd case. Urrrrghhh...That damned razor thing Jahfin shows doesn't help that part at all !!!

Mine NEVER comes of in one easy peel....it tears then I have to take it off piece by piece...quite annoying. I roll it up in little balls between my fingers and flick it off like boogers as I'm peeling the m'fer !!

To the contrary. All I did was try offer a simple solution to your dilemma. There's more than one way to skin a cat, the same applies to opening CDs.

All you did was act pissed off about a joke I'd made. Go and check it - it's still there.

Jahfin this thread is for people to bitch about things that piss them off. To bitch, whine, throw tantrums, yell and stomp their feet. Those shrinkwraps piss me off. I know how to open them but they still piss me off.

I understand that but if you don't want to go through the hassle of peeling the shrinkwrap off of a CD purchase one of the gadgets I recommend. Just because it's a Pet Peeves thread doesn't mean people can't offer solutions to them.

If anyone is interested in how to remove the residue left by stickers, there's several solutions offered at this site:

http://ask.metafilter.com/29989/DVD-Securi...cker-Stickiness

They suggest lighter fluid and eucalyptus oil but I've also read where rubbing alcohol will do the trick.

All you did was act pissed off about a joke I'd made. Go and check it - it's still there.

No, I offered a solution to your problem but all you could do was keep whining about it. If you were joking, I never once got that impression. In any event, I've offered some advice on how to remove the shrinkwrap from a CD as well as the residue. You can keep on bitchin' or you can actually be proactive by taking that advice to heart. Seems to me you prefer the former.

I understand that but if you don't want to go through the hassle of peeling the shrinkwrap off of a CD purchase one of the gadgets I recommend. Just because it's a Pet Peeves thread doesn't mean people can't offer solutions to them.

I got small scissors that work just fine, thank you. That's why I didn't ask for a solution - I already got one. I'm still pissed off about the hare-brained idea of packaging things in those stupid shrinkwaps.

And since I didn't ask for a solution, I can do without overbearing comments like this one:

Next PET PEEVE: Know-it-alls who give unsolicited advice and act pissed off if you're not eternally grateful for it.

If anyone is interested in how to remove the residue left by stickers, there's several solutions offered at this site:

http://ask.metafilter.com/29989/DVD-Securi...cker-Stickiness

They suggest lighter fluid and eucalyptus oil but I've also read where rubbing alcohol will do the trick.

Back in the mid 70s when I worked at Discount Records...we'd get our import albums from JEM, the importer, and the records always came with NO shrinkwrap...I think they did this because in other countries, it was done for convienience to listen to THAT record at the store. Of course they may get mishandled and boogered up..but still. We slid them in plastic sleeves that were like bags...protected the vinyl but were easily accessible....US album plastic wrap was never a problem to get off.

I don't know why we have to get razors...and chemical solutions to get at our cds ! It's still...all a hassle....I think they ought to be in the plastic 'bag' sleeves similar to the old way we packaged import vinyl....

No, I offered a solution to your problem but all you could do was keep whining about it. If you were joking, I never once got that impression. In any event, I've offered some advice on how to remove the shrinkwrap from a CD as well as the residue. You can keep on bitchin' or you can actually be proactive by taking that advice to heart. Seems to me you prefer the former.

:blahblah::wave:

I don't know why we have to get razors...and chemical solutions to get at our cds ! It's still...all a hassle....I think they ought to be in the plastic 'bag' sleeves similar to the old way we packaged import vinyl....

Stop whining, Joelmon. :lol:

Well what have we here? A fight over opening CD's? Ive seen it all now! :P I must say I have always got pissed trying to open them. They over do it with sealing them.

I think you'll find some advice on here about how to open them. GO PROACTIVE! :D

Archived