Pet Peeves

Hotplant

My pet peeve for today...

Yesterday hit 100-101, with a heat index pushing it over 105. Today is supposed to be a touch hotter. Our air conditioner went out this morning. So, my pet peeve is the lack of air conditioning while it's 95 outside... and headed there inside.

We do have some storm clouds rolling in, so maybe it'll cool off a bit... or yeehaw... maybe rain.

My pet peeve for today...

Yesterday hit 100-101, with a heat index pushing it over 105. Today is supposed to be a touch hotter. Our air conditioner went out this morning. So, my pet peeve is the lack of air conditioning while it's 95 outside... and headed there inside.

We do have some storm clouds rolling in, so maybe it'll cool off a bit... or yeehaw... maybe rain.

Ewwwww, I hope you have a fan at least!!! Put some ice water in a hot water bottle and rest your neck on it like a pillow in front of the fan :blink:

LOS, I get the biggest kick out of your sig...I just printed and distributed copies in the office....it got lots' of laughs! Thanks!

How exactly do you know this, are you a woman?? No, you are not. Don't act like you know. Let's use you for example. Ok, you are sitting at a club/harborfront/wherever with your buddies. And some woman decides to come over and talk to you. Say the woman is merely average looking, but nice. You know damn well you'd reject her. Ok, so later on, another woman hits on you. Say the woman is somewhat cute, but not a model. She MIGHT have a chance, as long as she made all the moves, while you sit there and show absolutely no interest whatsoever. If it's that hard to land a spats-and by your own admission you're merely average-can you imagine how hard it might be to get any other guy? It's not as easy as you might think to snag a boyfriend, especially because lots of guys are only interested in trying to get in your pants, and don't really care about you at all.

You are right Bonnie. I probably should have said that the rejection factor for a pretty girl is pretty non existant. Average girls might have problems.

I would show interest in that cute girl if i knew 100% that she wanted to hook up. But a guy does not know that unless she makes some moves. Otherwise it's just a guessing game. if they are direct with their intentions i don't think there would be a problem.

You are right Bonnie. I probably should have said that the rejection factor for a pretty girl is pretty non existant. Average girls might have problems.

I would show interest in that cute girl if i knew 100% that she wanted to hook up. But a guy does not know that unless she makes some moves. Otherwise it's just a guessing game. if they are direct with their intentions i don't think there would be a problem.

Just drive down your local 42nd street Spats....I'm sure those ladies make their intentions quite clear :D

Whether or not your statement is true in reality...whoever does the approaching is taking a chance at getting hurt or being embarrassed. Women get let down just as easily as men. Plenty of men who are approached by a woman are already taken, and will turn down an offer. If you see someone you are truly interested in, you have to get up a little courage and take a risk. Maybe one day it will pay off.

I hope more women take your advice. I just can't bring myself to do it though. I will develop an ulcer. if i knew a had a great shot with a girl i was interested in then that would much easier but if you have no clue if she likes you or not. Then what do you do? because there is really no way to tell if they are really interested in hooking up with you unless they say it. Otherwise it's like jumping into water head first and not knowing how deep the water is.

I realize there are women who do get rejected. Hell, i have rejected my share. But the odds are a lot slimmer. And it also does not happen nearly as much as men because the majority of women do not take that risk.

Edited by spats

My pet peeve is........ people who want everything served on a silver platter! :wtf: If you are only an average looking guy why do you think a beautiful woman/girl is going to come up to you and jump your bones? That same girl could get a good looking guy that is willing to try and impress her and at least take her to dinner and even PAY FOR IT. Get a clue spats!

My pet peeve is........ people who want everything served on a silver platter! :wtf: If you are only an average looking guy why do you think a beautiful woman/girl is going to come up to you and jump your bones? That same girl could get a good looking guy that is willing to try and impress her and at least take her to dinner and even PAY FOR IT. Get a clue spats!

Yeah, I'm just missing the 'whole appeal of Spats' thing that might be going on here!!

Tommy's Pet Peeves #'s 81, 106 & 331

81: Harry Potter. Harry, I wouldn't know you if I saw you, mainly because I refuse to participate in anything as pointless as following your useless series. Nevertheless, if we ever cross paths - I am going to kill you.

106: People that drive the posted 30 mph speed limit on freeway onramps. I drive a 1964 Chevrolet pickup, yet have proven on numerous occasions that even this worn out POS is perfectly capable of taking these things at well over 55 mph, without so much as even spilling a coffee - Get the fuck out of my way you pussies I'm late for work.

331: People who eat peanut butter straight out of the jar. You couldn't look more ridiculous - Bread is only 89 fucking cents. Interesting side note: drinking milk from the jug is perfectly acceptable.

Edited to add: Nifty formatting.

Edited by docron

I have to agree. There are simply gorgeous girls with average looking guys. If I were gorgeous :hysterical: and very nice :hysterical: and intelligent. I would want a girl to at least give an effort.

Same for the guy. They just think your not interested :hysterical:

331: People who eat peanut butter straight out of the jar. You couldn't look more ridiculous - Bread is only 89 fucking cents. Interesting side note: drinking milk from the jug is perfectly acceptable.

Bread isn't 89 cents where I live. A loaf of bread here costs over $2. Anyway, I eat crunchy peanut butter out of the jar, sometimes with crackers. It's yummilicious.

Hey, what's wrong with that?

...well, if you don't count weight gain - that's why I stopped doing that.

I don't want everything served to me on a silver platter. I just want the woman to make their intentions clear. That's all. That's not really asking much is it? It would save a lot of guessing and wondering and mixed signals and ulcers.

If the girl wants the dude to ask her out, take her out to dinner and pay for it then it's her who wants things served up to her on a silver platter. I wouldn't expect anyone to pay for me.

Tommy's Pet Peeves #'s 81, 106 & 331

81: Harry Potter. Harry, I wouldn't know you if I saw you, mainly because I refuse to participate in anything as pointless as following your useless series. Nevertheless, if we ever cross paths - I am going to kill you.

106: People that drive the posted 30 mph speed limit on freeway onramps. I drive a 1964 Chevrolet pickup, yet have proven on numerous occasions that even this worn out POS is perfectly capable of taking these things at well over 55 mph, without so much as even spilling a coffee - Get the fuck out of my way you pussies I'm late for work.

Edited to add: Nifty formatting.

Who's Tommy?

I hope it's not you.... :rolleyes: