Pet Peeves

Hotplant

:angry: Pet Peeve

People who stroll around the goddamned store like they are in a theme park

make a fuckin list grab what you need and get the fuck out the way. Stand there and read the label, haven't you bought this shit before? No? look it up on the fuckin internet before you leave the house. Forgot something after you're half way through checking out? Tuff! get it next time or go through the line again. Why should I have to spend more of my time because your too stupid to make a fuckin list ( see above ).

Bring something to check out with out knowing the price? then void it because you think it cost to much? some one should kick your ass! find out how much it costs before you get in the fuckin line! :rant::rant::rant: Whew! that felt good, I guess you can tell I made groceries today. :wacko:

Oh man...thats funny.

More fun while waiting in a checkout line: People who try to park their shopping cart in your behind because this is going to make the line move faster... <_< Thank you very much, but if I'm going to insert anything in my derriere, I damn well gonna choose for myself what it's going to be! :angry:

another one is parents who refuse to control their children while in line, they stand there fucking oblivious to the fact their brat is screaming bloody fucking murder because they want a pack of gum

They're the idiots who think the world is a village and everyone should just have to suck up to their children's behavior ! Afterall, they're just children !!! :wacko:

No....we DON'T have to accept that....contain your children...you CHOSE to have them..NOT ME !!!

I can't stand that excuse parent's give......They're oblivious and think everyone else should be too.....

NOT !

Bad grammar is a big pet peeve of mine. Using 'too' instead of 'to', 'there' instead of 'their' or 'they're', 'exceptable' instead of 'acceptable', etc. Improper use of apostrophes. People who can't spell but who don't care that they can't spell, even though English is their first language. I know many immigrants whose English skills are better than the locals who grew up here simply because they believe it's important to be able to communicate effectively. It bothers me even more when I screw something up. Basic communication skills are important. It's what sets us apart. Well, that and opposable thumbs.

Smoking in 'NO Smoking' areas bugs me. As an ex-smoker I try to avoid second hand smoke as much as possible. At the same time, stupid and unreasonable smoking bans are a peeve of mine. I think smokers still need to have a place to do their thing and with a little common sense, things can be worked out, but rarely are.

I could also claim as my own quite a few that have already been posted. The 'pop' versus 'soda' is an interesting one. Here in Canada, it's pop. I think its country wide, but I could be wrong. I remember being in Charleston, SC and it was all RC, regardless of whether it was Coke, Pepsi or any other brand. Couldn't find the bathroom until we asked where the restrooms were. My wife almost got 'popped' when she asked a young girl where the garbage was. The girl's friend settled her down by explaining that my didn't mean that she was garbage, she was just trying to find the waste bin.

Good lord, and it almost looked like you were trying to start nasty rumours...

And it almost looked like you were proud of the fact that you went

running to the mods to rat out Otto.. over a single petty comment.

Projections and perceptions.. aint they fascinating! B)

I think you should use the Spongebob Hall Monitor image as your

avatar for a little while, Fuzzy. You know,..for shits and giggles. :D

Here ya go, friend.. it's re-sized and ready to go! :cheer:

hallmonitor.jpg

:beer:

:hippy:

And it almost looked like you were proud of the fact that you went

running to the mods to rat out Otto.. over a single petty comment.

Projections and perceptions.. aint they fascinating! B)

I think you should use the Spongebob Hall Monitor image as your

avatar for a little while, Fuzzy. You know,..for shits and giggles. :D

Here ya go, friend.. it's re-sized and ready to go! :cheer:

hallmonitor.jpg

:beer:

I already told you what made me turn to the mods, and it wasn't that "single petty comment" (read it up, it's in my first reply to you)....rather a comment would have been very welcome and closer to what I expect an adult to act like. Whatever - you don't want to get it and I can't be arsed to repeat myself.

And Hermit - I'd appreciate it if you stopped calling me "friend". I value friendship - it's one of the things I value most - and your inflationary use renders the term completely meaningless. No offence, seems we just have very different views on quite a number of things.

:wave:

Bad grammar is a big pet peeve of mine. Using 'too' instead of 'to', 'there' instead of 'their' or 'they're', 'exceptable' instead of 'acceptable', etc. Improper use of apostrophes. People who can't spell but who don't care that they can't spell, even though English is their first language. I know many immigrants whose English skills are better than the locals who grew up here simply because they believe it's important to be able to communicate effectively. It bothers me even more when I screw something up. Basic communication skills are important. It's what sets us apart. Well, that and opposable thumbs.

I think you need to rethink your use of grammar there.... :unsure:

You knew you had it coming! :D;)

I had planned not to say anything further on this episode, but reading the new posts here and re-reading the whole exchange between FuzzyMerkin and Jahfin has convinced me that it may be worthwhile to explain why I posted as I did. Not that it isn’t damn obvious: FM seemingly just didn’t know when to stop, and when I saw that post I quoted in the ‘moron’ post I finally decided to intervene. I have no regrets whatsoever, except I probably should have attacked Kissy as well, for the sake of consistency. Anyway, for what it’s worth, here is how I see the matter. :)

Jahfin in my humble opinion can be a bit of a grumpy son of a bitch at times - forgive me Jahfin! But then, who’s perfect? And whatever else you can say about him, Jahfin is also somebody who has been posting for years, taking the time to contribute worthwhile, interesting, informative posts by the hundreds (not to say thousands). He has followed up on developments in popular music pretty damn closely for decades, and is a much valued forum member. When I see somebody like FM behave in this fashion and not knowing when to stop – still going even after Jahfin, obviously angered, had already left the discussion – it makes me pissed off.

As a rule, if you make somebody angry and it really is unintentional, you simply say you’re sorry, and you fucking stop. I also saw that same FuzzyMerkin rally in support with Kissandra’s totally unjustifiable and ridiculous post in the Album Rock Radio thread, basically telling people that they’re wrong to be interested in the subject. Jahfin was completely in his rights to protest – and in my view the only mistake he made was to keep responding to Kissandra’s oh-so-familiar stubbornness.

FuzzyMerkin, that whole exchange between you and Jahfin can be seen very differently from your simple idea, where the only problem is Jahfin’s presumed lack of a sense of humor. All he did initially was tease you a little by pointing out that easy solution to the shrinkwrapper problem – then you perceived that as ‘preposterously arrogant’. Well, is it? Really? And I have news for you: if you post an endless series of silly posts - whether it’s in jest or not is unimportant - it makes you a writer of silly posts, i.e. a silly poster. Not necessarily a funny one, let alone somebody necessarily worth taking seriously - or responding to.

You got your comment Fuzzy - happy now? B)

I had planned not to say anything further on this episode, but reading the new posts here and re-reading the whole exchange between FuzzyMerkin and Jahfin has convinced me that it may be worthwhile to explain why I posted as I did. Not that it isn’t damn obvious: FM seemingly just didn’t know when to stop, and when I saw that post I quoted in the ‘moron’ post I finally decided to intervene. I have no regrets whatsoever, except I probably should have attacked Kissy as well, for the sake of consistency. Anyway, for what it’s worth, here is how I see the matter. :)

Jahfin in my humble opinion can be a bit of a grumpy son of a bitch at times - forgive me Jahfin! But then, who’s perfect? And whatever else you can say about him, Jahfin is also somebody who has been posting for years, taking the time to contribute worthwhile, interesting, informative posts by the hundreds (not to say thousands). He has followed up on developments in popular music pretty damn closely for decades, and is a much valued forum member. When I see somebody like FM behave in this fashion and not knowing when to stop – still going even after Jahfin, obviously angered, had already left the discussion – it makes me pissed off.

As a rule, if you make somebody angry and it really is unintentional, you simply say you’re sorry, and you fucking stop. I also saw that same FuzzyMerkin rally in support with Kissandra’s totally unjustifiable and ridiculous post in the Album Rock Radio thread, basically telling people that they’re wrong to be interested in the subject. Jahfin was completely in his rights to protest – and in my view the only mistake he made was to keep responding to Kissandra’s oh-so-familiar stubbornness.

FuzzyMerkin, that whole exchange between you and Jahfin can be seen very differently from your simple idea, where the only problem is Jahfin’s presumed lack of a sense of humor. All he did initially was tease you a little by pointing out that easy solution to the shrinkwrapper problem – then you perceived that as ‘preposterously arrogant’. Well, is it? Really? And I have news for you: if you post an endless series of silly posts - whether it’s in jest or not is unimportant - it makes you a writer of silly posts, i.e. a silly poster. Not necessarily a funny one, let alone somebody necessarily worth taking seriously - or responding to.

Sounds like a Viking man who needs a hug.

hk-stewart.jpg

I am not stubborn. I said it before and I apparently have to say it a-freaking-gain, no one and I mean no one aside from those who live here in Rochester or those able to both get reception for the station and would bother to listen would truly care that some DJ here was fired. Again, unless the story was unbelievably interesting. That was my point. I said that and got attacked for saying that. There would have been figurative tumbleweeds forever in there otherwise, I am positive of that. And I have nothing more to say about it. I am not talking about it anymore. I refuse to explain myself again because I've already done that--twice now. Seems really pointless to even post this. It irritates me that you rehashed this dispute though...and that works for a thread like this.

If this had been a discussion about music - I'd agree. It wasn't. If Jahfin was angered it was because he had put himself in a ridiculous position - first by giving advice that nobody had asked for, then by missing every single joke I made, and by insisting that his advice would solve the "problem" - without realising that the problem wasn't how to open shrinkwarps but how to accept that they exist. He'd completely missed the point of this thread and continued to make an ass of himself.

As for the "old person" jokes:

You do know CDs (as well as their packaging) pre-date downloading by quite a number years, don't you?

Not only had he missed another joke (which I'd posted before he joined the conversation); he acted as if I was a 10 year old who doesn't know that cds predate downloading, so I played along acting that age...and to a 10 year old, everybody over 20 is terribly old. Since he started the "agism", he could hardly blame somebody for taking the piss out of him over it.

As a rule, if you make somebody angry and it really is unintentional, you simply say you’re sorry, and you fucking stop.

I didn't make him angry. He made himself angry - by insisting that I stop "whining and bitching" and ignoring the fact that whining and bitching is exactly what this thread is there for.

I also saw that same FuzzyMerkin rally in support with Kissandra’s totally unjustifiable and ridiculous post in the Album Rock Radio thread, basically telling people that they’re wrong to be interested in the subject. Jahfin was completely in his rights to protest – and in my view the only mistake he made was to keep responding to Kissandra’s oh-so-familiar stubbornness.

What you seem to have missed though is that if anything Jahfin followed me from that thread in the other band's section over here - and not vice versa. He addressed my posts here. I had not addressed his posts over there, nor did I "rally to support Kissandra" - I made a simple statement about the thread as such - which didn't have anything to do with Jahfin and certainly was no attack on him. I don't see any connection between this thread and the one about a radio host in Rochester (which in my opinion, was indeed rather superflous) but if there was a connection, it'd be that Jahfin held a grudge because I didn't share his opinion on another thread and then came over here to try and pick a fight...I think that's a pretty ridiculous idea and doesn't portray him in a very good light, so I'd rather dismiss that one.

FuzzyMerkin, that whole exchange between you and Jahfin can be seen very differently from your simple idea, where the only problem is Jahfin’s presumed lack of a sense of humor. All he did initially was tease you a little by pointing out that easy solution to the shrinkwrapper problem – then you perceived that as ‘preposterously arrogant’. Well, is it? Really?

Given that I hadn't asked him for advice, that I had (and still have) a problem with the very existence of shrinkwraps which his advice didn't solve and that I know very well how to open them - yes, I think this post:

If you can't figure out how to run a razor along the edge of a CD in order to remove the shrink wrap maybe you shouldn't be handling CDs to start with, much less razors themselves.

was preposterously arrogant.

And I have news for you: if you post an endless series of silly posts - whether it’s in jest or not is unimportant - it makes you a writer of silly posts, i.e. a silly poster. Not necessarily a funny one, let alone somebody necessarily worth taking seriously - or responding to.

Well, it didn't keep you from "responding" to my post....and I'd never asked Jahfin for replies. Actually I hoped he'd finally get bored and not go on making an ass of himself and when he wouldn't let go I made some reasonable posts pointing out that the point of this thread is not to get advice but to vent. He wasn't happy to accept that either. With some people there's just no arguing. The only thing I do regret is the last joke towards Jahfin (not the one you quoted - that was towards lee), but I'd assumed that he'd finally accepted that I wasn't interested in fighting with him. Obviously that wasn't the case.

I can certainly understand now that you called me a "moron" out of loyalty towards Jahfin and because he'd made a lot of posts on other threads that had been of interest to you - so yeah, your comment is indeed helpful in that respect. I still don't think that you acted in a very mature manner in your previous posts and next time you feel like calling me names, maybe you can do so while providing some more context.

Btw - since you claimed that you should have attacked Kissy as well - I don't think it's good message board behaviour to run around and insult people at random just because you don't like what they posted on some other thread. If there's a problem in a thread, try and argue with people in that very thread...Who knows - maybe you can even do it without resorting to name-calling.

Edited for typos.

I already told you what made me turn to the mods, and it wasn't that "single petty comment" (read it up, it's in my first reply to you)....rather a comment would have been very welcome and closer to what I expect an adult to act like. Whatever - you don't want to get it and I can't be arsed to repeat myself.

I do get it, Fuzz. You went running to the mods because you didn't get an explanation for Otto's comment. Hotplant *got it* too. You can parse it how you want, but the fact remains that you went running to the mods over the single, petty comment "you're a moron".

Btw,.. fwiw.. imho.. as much as I like and appreciate Jahfin, Otto's comment could just as well have been levied at him, as much as you, regarding that exchange between the two of you. Hell, it could just as well be levied at Otto too, for that matter, for making that petty comment. slapface.gif Seems to me you're three peas in a pod on this one. :P

:D

And Hermit - I'd appreciate it if you stopped calling me "friend". I value friendship - it's one of the things I value most - and your inflationary use renders the term completely meaningless. No offence, seems we just have very different views on quite a number of things.

You needn't consider me your friend for me to consider you my friend, Fuzzy; and we needn't agree on many things, or anything, as a requirement for me to consider you a web forum friend. Yes, we certainly have our differences, but I do appreciate you, and your insights, and your sense of humor. I don't need you to reciprocate that appreciation in order for me to consider you a friend.

You're on my friends list, btw,.. so see, you are my friend. B)

Namaste, friend.

flwrs.gif

I didn't make him angry. He made himself angry - by insisting that I stop "whining and bitching" and ignoring the fact that whining and bitching is exactly what this thread is there for.

:thumbsup:

As they say, "context is everything."

Now what's all this about going to the mods?

You know they aren't real Mods don't you?

MODS-2.jpg

:D

Archived