Pet Peeves

Hotplant

FM - Your reply only goes to show that you're still completely incapable of seeing what happened in a different light. Why is it so all-important that Jahfin should get your sense of humor? Did you notice that he obviously doesn't take much notice of your choice of smilies in general - why should he adapt to your way of posting and you not to his? As for my acting immaturely, I didn't exactly start posting a couple of weeks ago, and I don't think my record confirms your judgment of me. What exactly have you contributed to these forums, if I may ask? :huh:

:o Why Del? You want one? :rolleyes::lol:

Kissy..... You obviously had no business in that thread at all. You could have left it to not grow longer than 4-5 posts - which is still something - or to take an entirely different course, more along the lines of the intentions of the person who started the thread, which was to discuss the event in a much broader context. Instead, for some reason you had to go there and tell people that the subject wasn't interesting. That just isn't done. And you are stubborn. :whistling:

FM - Your reply only goes to show that you're still completely incapable of seeing what happened in a different light. Why is it so all-important that Jahfin should get your sense of humor? Did you notice that he obviously doesn't take much notice of your choice of smilies in general - why should he adapt to your way of posting and you not to his?

Why should I? He addressed me...the posts on this thread were light-hearted until he butted in...they got light-hearted again once he'd opted out....I'd understand your position if I'd replied to a post of his in a serious discussion thread making silly remarks. As it is, it was Jahfin who missed the mood in this thread and consequently didn't fit in. It was also him who got pissed off, and it was also him who told me to fuck off - not vice versa. He may have contributed a lot to the Other Bands section but this doesn't mean that everybody has to stop joking just because Jahfin doesn't get a joke. If you like to think that he's the center of the universe - fair enough. I beg to differ.

As for my acting immaturely, I didn't exactly start posting a couple of weeks ago, and I don't think my record confirms your judgment of me. What exactly have you contributed to these forums, if I may ask? :huh:

I don't know anything about your "records" and frankly I'm not interested in them either. You first came to my attention with your "You're a moron" post and that one speaks for itself. I can and will judge people on here only by the posts I get to see - and I'm sad to say that so far yours haven't impressed me much. I've never been impressed much by post-count alone and if a person's only recommendation is that they've spent ages on a message board (talking about you here rather than Jahfin) I won't drop on my knees in awe. You want respect? Earn it.

Since he started the "agism", he could hardly blame somebody for taking the piss out of him over it.

"Age" never even entered the conversation until you mentioned it.

What you seem to have missed though is that if anything Jahfin followed me from that thread in the other band's section over here - and not vice versa.

Now you're just totally fabricating things as I haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.

In regards to the radio station thread, Kissandra would accomplished her goal by remaining mum on the entire subject but instead entered the thread to inform all of led-zep.com that it was a subject no one would be interested in.

"Age" never even entered the conversation until you mentioned it.

If you talk down on people pretending they're too young to know - as you did - age is the issue.

Now you're just totally fabricating things as I haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.

You'd have to ask Otto - he linked the discussion on this thread to the one in the Other Bands forum. As I pointed out I don't think you tried to pick a fight over things that went on in the OB forum - but it certainly looks like Otto did.

:angry: Pet Peeve

People who stroll around the goddamned store like they are in a theme park

make a fuckin list grab what you need and get the fuck out the way. Stand there and read the label, haven't you bought this shit before? No? look it up on the fuckin internet before you leave the house. Forgot something after you're half way through checking out? Tuff! get it next time or go through the line again. Why should I have to spend more of my time because your too stupid to make a fuckin list ( see above ).

Bring something to check out with out knowing the price? then void it because you think it cost to much? some one should kick your ass! find out how much it costs before you get in the fuckin line! :rant::rant::rant: Whew! that felt good, I guess you can tell I made groceries today. :wacko:

You forgot about the lady with 200 bucks worth of groceries in her cart, 45 coupons for stuff she isn't buying in her hand and a jar of change in her purse

Fucking stupid twits with their lists and coupons and shit. Why do people need lists anyway? Milk, bread, coffee, butter, bannanas.... same shit every week. What do you need a list for to buy the same shit you use all the time? So what if you got an extra quart of milk the you don't need... drink it or throw it away in a week! I can walk through the store in less than 15 minutes, fill my cart and be done. Unless I get behind one of those ditzy broads with a sack full of coupons for shit she probably doesn't even need. Here is a clue for all you damn coupon clipping tight wads.... WORK AN EXTRA HOUR AT YOUR JOB AND FORGET ABOUT THE TEN DOLLARS SAVED ON THE DAMN COUPONS! Besides, why waste three hours cutting them out of the paper and another two hours walking up and down the aisles in the store looking for the damn 16 oz can of pork and beans that goes with you 25 cents off coupon?

End of rant.

If you talk down on people pretending they're too young to know - as you did - age is the issue.

You're reading things into this discussion that never even took place, much less have any basis in reality. All I did was try to offer a helpful hint on how to easily open CDs and remove the residue left by stickers and it escalated from there. Simple as that.

You're reading things into this discussion that never even took place, much less have any basis in reality. All I did was try to offer a helpful hint on how to easily open CDs and remove the residue left by stickers and it escalated from there. Simple as that.

Well, that - and give lessons in the history of cds/cd packaging:

You do know CDs (as well as their packaging) pre-date downloading by quite a number years, don't you?

That wasn't part of any "helpful hint", but a post of its own. It's what I replied to when I talked about "old people's stories" and made a joke about how there was no life before downloading....rather then reply with something like "yes, thanks very much, I'm not a ten-year old and I do remember when cds replaced vinyl so there's no need to point out the obvious". I'm sure if I'd replied in that way things would have "escalated" even faster - so I made a joke instead.

Jahfin - if there's anything else unclear, maybe we can continue with PMs? I'll be happy to continue on this board if you like that better, but I guess this thread has been derailed enough as it is.

Fucking stupid twits with their lists and coupons and shit. Why do people need lists anyway? Milk, bread, coffee, butter, bannanas.... same shit every week. What do you need a list for to buy the same shit you use all the time? So what if you got an extra quart of milk the you don't need... drink it or throw it away in a week! I can walk through the store in less than 15 minutes, fill my cart and be done....

MEN and their way of shopping for food! :rolleyes: Tell them to bring home a pound of selfraising flour, fresh vegetables and some cottage cheese and what do they bring home? Half a cow cut up in steaks and 5 pounds of bacon. Make a list of all the things they need to buy, stick it to their forehead - and what do they bring home? Half a cow cut up in steaks and 5 pounds of bacon!

:(

You'd have to ask Otto - he linked the discussion on this thread to the one in the Other Bands forum. As I pointed out I don't think you tried to pick a fight over things that went on in the OB forum - but it certainly looks like Otto did.

What I really did was to point out the simple fact that you went out of your way to post in sympathy with Kissy's ridiculous outburst in that thread. And she was arguing with Jahfin when you did.

What I really did was to point out the simple fact that you went out of your way to post in sympathy with Kissy's ridiculous outburst in that thread. And she was arguing with Jahfin when you did.

Otto - if you had a problem on "that thread" you should have addressed it on "that thread". Since you seem to think that what went on in "that thread" has something to do with my argument with Jahfin on here - again, all I can say is that he addressed my posts here, not vice versa, so if anybody had an axe to grind, it certainly wasn't me. Actually going by Jahfins previous posts I assume you're the only one here who thinks that following posters around the board because you didn't like one of their posts is a mature way to behave.

MEN and their way of shopping for food! :rolleyes: Tell them to bring home a pound of selfraising flour, fresh vegetables and some cottage cheese and what do they bring home? Half a cow cut up in steaks and 5 pounds of bacon. Make a list of all the things they need to buy, stick it to their forehead - and what do they bring home? Half a cow cut up in steaks and 5 pounds of bacon!

:(

Or alternatively, they come home all stressed saying no-one at the store ever heard of self-rising flour, the veg looks like it's been under half a cow, and the cottage cheese is past the expiry date. Yeah, that's why I do all the shopping. But I generally only need a list for things I don't get every week, and I'm generally done in 15 mins. or less (despite having to navigate around old biddies, Newport Beach bimbos with screaming childer, etc.). And I would never use a coupon--how embarrassing!

Otto - if you had a problem on "that thread" you should have addressed it on "that thread". Since you seem to think that what went on in "that thread" has something to do with my argument with Jahfin on here - again, all I can say is that he addressed my posts here, not vice versa, so if anybody had an axe to grind, it certainly wasn't me. Actually going by Jahfins previous posts I assume you're the only one here who thinks that following posters around the board because you didn't like one of their posts is a mature way to behave.

1. No, I should not have replied on that thread. That's because I had nothing substantial to contribute there, not even on the larger context of rock radio in the USA, for obvious reasons, and the situation in the thread was bad enough already.

2. Your argument about following posters around is self-defeating - after all, what is it you are responding to there? :rolleyes:

3. As for your constant harping on my being immature, there are at least two different reasons why I can't take that seriously. I'll leave you to guess what they are.

4. Go on if you want to, but I won't respond to any of it. B)

2. Your argument about following posters around is self-defeating - after all, what is it you are responding to there? :rolleyes:

What I'm responding to are the posts of a guy who followed me from another thread to this one to call me names. :rolleyes:

Bye, Otto. :wave:

Well, that - and give lessons in the history of cds/cd packaging:

That wasn't part of any "helpful hint", but a post of its own. It's what I replied to when I talked about "old people's stories" and made a joke about how there was no life before downloading....rather then reply with something like "yes, thanks very much, I'm not a ten-year old and I do remember when cds replaced vinyl so there's no need to point out the obvious". I'm sure if I'd replied in that way things would have "escalated" even faster - so I made a joke instead.

Jahfin - if there's anything else unclear, maybe we can continue with PMs? I'll be happy to continue on this board if you like that better, but I guess this thread has been derailed enough as it is.

I have always suspected you two are married...you remind me of my wife and I when we have our, uh, "discussions!" :D:D

Archived