Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Thanks. :D

Its true. The wedding is for the woman. If you ask most guys they would not have one if the woman didnt want one. Guys just buckle and do it to make her happy or whatever.

Youre welcome. Afterall it was my post that initially backed up what you said.

Why do you assume that all men think like you? And where do you dig up these most men?

I want to get married, for the record. I want 2 or 3 children, boys and girls. Of course, I dont want to be a divorce statistic, and I refuse to marry until I know Ive found the girl Im gonna spend the rest of my life with (and, of course, she feels the same way about me). But I do hope to one day settle down with a wife and some kids in a nice house in a quiet town in a good school-district.

What ~tangerine~ is saying is that women plan the wedding, they orchestrate it, they suss out all the details...

What tangerine said?, try pickenpieces. :rolleyes:

And its not that men dont want to be married, many (probably even MOST) could care less about the WEDDING. Thats the womans interest. And dont give me any modern men crap about how they might like it, guys just arent as into ceremonious activity like this.

Richard Gere:

Women like Richard Gere because he is sexy in a dangerous way. Men hate Richard Gere because he reminds them of that slick guy who works at the health club and dates only married women.

Richard Gere is a fucking doofus. Dangerously sexy? Please. You know how there's always one straight guy that works in the shoe section of a department store, and you kind of pity him because he seems like a nice enough guy, but what kind of putz works in the shoe department? That's Richard Gere.

David Letterman:

Men think David Letterman is the funniest man on the face of the Earth. Women think he is a mean, semi-dorky guy who always has a bad haircut.

I don't know any guys who like him either, except for one who thinks he's absolutely hilarious, and his name is David Letterman. If I have to sit through that schmuck laughing at his own attempts at humor one more time...

WalMart-Haters

I get it, I wouldn't wanna work for 'em. But why shouldn't I shop there? Let me show y'all somethin':

I want a Kodak EasyShare M1033 Black 10 MP Digital Camera with Digital Image Stabilization and 3x Optical Zoom.

Circuit City: $199.99

WalMart: $179.84

If I go buy the camera at WalMart, I got an extra $20.15 to spare! That may not seem like much, but that's some food, or gas, or a couple posters, or a CD, or a movie... So tell me why Circuit City is the better choice when WalMart's got the cheaper price?

I have no opinion about WalMart, there isn't one near me so I never shop there. But your topic reminded me of an e-mail I got ages ago......dug it out of my files to share here for a few giggles. Sorry if it's been posted before. Do you think I could do these things at Target instead? :D

Things to do in Wal-Mart

1. Get 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they aren't looking.

2. Set all the alarm clocks in House wares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. Make a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the rest rooms.

4. Walk up to an employee and tell him/her in an official tone,

" 'Code 3' in house wares".... and see what happens.

5. Go to the Service Desk and ask to put a bag of M&M's on lay away.

6. Move a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

7. Set up a tent in the camping department and tell other shoppers you'll invite them in if they'll bring pillows from the bedding department.

8. When a clerk asks if they can help you, begin to cry and ask,

"Why can't you people just leave me alone?"

9. Look right into the security camera; & use it as a mirror, and pick your nose.

10. While handling guns in the hunting department, ask the clerk if he knows where the anti - depressants are.

11. Dart around the store suspiciously loudly humming the "Mission Impossible" theme.

12. In the auto department, practice your "Madonna look" using different size funnels.

13. Hide in a clothing rack and when people browse through,

say "PICK ME!" "PICK ME!"

14. When an announcement comes over the loud speaker, assume the fetal position and scream..

"NO! NO! It's those voices again!!!!"

15. Go into a fitting room and shut the door and wait a while; and then yell, very loudly, "There is no toilet paper in here!

16. Get several bouncy balls and throw them down an aisle shouting, "go, pikachu, go!"

The reason we have different strengths and weaknesses is because we play different roles in this world and need our strengths and weaknesses to play our correct roles.

It's why God can't be a man or a woman. No man could ever create something as beautiful, as organized, or as perfectly balanced as Planet Earth, yet no woman could ever create/abide as much chaos and disorder as has been seen here on Planet Earth.

And I am going by all the guys I have known over the years.

And famous men agree with me, not you...

I like this paragraph which I highlighted. Lovely sentiment and quite poetic. Are those your own words?

Thanks. :D

Its true. The wedding is for the woman. If you ask most guys they would not have one if the woman didn't want one. Guys just buckle and do it to make her happy or whatever.

Well i could have done without it myself. My wedding was kept small (70 people) and inexpensive. I would have been fine with eloping, but family wanted something more. If i ever get married again, i am eloping and i want the ceremony to be on the beach (preferably in Florida). But most of all, i want to marry someone i'm in love with next time...lol.

12. In the auto department, practice your "Madonna look" using different size funnels.

You know, that sounds like something I'd actually do. :lol:

15. Go into a fitting room and shut the door and wait a while; and then yell, very loudly, "There is no toilet paper in here!

Ahahaha, I think that's the best one! I wouldn't have the guts to do it, though, lucky for the general public, hehehe. :shifty: I did talk to myself out loud in a dressing room a few weeks ago, though...I thought I was the only one in there, but guess what! I wasn't! I said something kind of embarrassing, too, like, "This might go over my butt if I was 10 years old again!" That's when I heard a distinct snicker from a couple doors down. :bagoverhead:

What tangerine said?, try pickenpieces. :rolleyes:

And its not that men dont want to be married, many (probably even MOST) could care less about the WEDDING. Thats the womans interest. And dont give me any modern men crap about how they might like it, guys just arent as into ceremonious activity like this.

I agree 100% with you.

However, I think you are misunderstanding spats. spats is saying that men do not care about weddings. Not the ceremony, but the entire idea. Proposing, getting married, living your entire lives together. spats is under the wrongfull presumption that men only get married to please a girl.

I agree no man really cares about the ceremonies and the decorations and all that. And, quite frankly, I wouldn't want to go to a wedding planned entirely by the groom. There'd be something incredibly wrong with it. On the other hand... it could make for a winning video on "America's Funniest Home Videos."

Richard Gere is a fucking doofus. Dangerously sexy? Please. You know how there's always one straight guy that works in the shoe section of a department store, and you kind of pity him because he seems like a nice enough guy, but what kind of putz works in the shoe department? That's Richard Gere.

You realize that list was a joke, right? And you realize it isn't mine? I gave the link to the original text.

I don't know any guys who like him either, except for one who thinks he's absolutely hilarious, and his name is David Letterman. If I have to sit through that schmuck laughing at his own attempts at humor one more time...

I don't, either. But see above.

I like this paragraph which I highlighted. Lovely sentiment and quite poetic. Are those your own words?

Well, sort of... it's my own way of saying something a lot of people (I know) believe.

And thank you. :):blush:

And again, where do you dig up these "most men?" "Most men" I know have simply not married yet because either they are too young, don't have the time, aren't ready to make the commitment, or haven't found the one for them. "Most men" do want to settle down, spats. You exist in a minority.

Side note:

Could anyone imagine a wedding planned entirely by the guy? Rehearsal dinner would be at Hooters. The service would be short-as-hell, the party would resemble a Bachelor party (strippers and all), beer would be the drink of choice, and the food would be bar food. And the music...

I could,and mine wouldn't suck,because I'd my wife to help me.... :whistling:

The reason most men propose to women is because they know that that is almost no way the woman will do it. She just won't. because women want to be the one proposed too. Just like how they dream of their wedding when they are little girls. They also dream about being proposed too. And the guy is the one who has to buy the expensive ring for exactly the same reason. Because there is no way she will agree to do it.

The super high divorce rate is real. Not made up.

My wife proposed to me.

She never dreamed of her wedding day as a child.

She also gave me a ring-which was sufficiently "manly"

The "Super high divorce rate" is declining

Dude, why do you put down your own gender? Women are more organized, strong willed, smarter, etc, What do you have against your own gender???

You assume every guy thinks like you too. I am going by the all the guys i have known over the years.

A guy will buy it for that reason and because he does not want to lose the girl. Because if she does not get the ring from him in time she will move on and get it from someone else. Brutal truth.

"Brutal truth"!?

Put down the Maxim and get off the computer.

You're basing this on "all the guys i have known over the years"?

You're actually,whether you realize it or not,surrounding yourself with like-minded people,which is not always a good thing.

I have nothing against my own gender. It is a FACT that in some things women are better then men. Period

Just like it's a fact that in some things men are better than women.

(I know you've already addressed that,I just think it bears repeating.)

For chrissake I'm not putting them on a higher level! There are things we are better then them at, and things they are better then us at! It's supposed to be that way, so we can work together flawlessly!

Boy you really don't get it, do you?

No,and he never will,I'm just here to work on my typing speed.

Again, i don't agree. Most if not all of those are generalizations.

Although i do agree that women are more into mushy stuff than men unfortunately. I would love to meet a girl that loves Tarantino movies. They are hard to find.

I did,and I married her.....oh the horror :rolleyes:

....and they're not as hard to find as you think.

Don't bother telling me how "lucky" I am,it was fate that I found her-or she found me-and through skill and love that we're together.

In fact, if you just look through the opinions of men and women on different subjects on this board, you can see proof that I'm right.

They may be generalizations, but all generalizations are based in fact, or else the generalizations would never have been made in the first place.

Same with stereotypes.

I like David Letterman.....

...does that cancel out everything I've ever said on this board? :huh:

:P

My pet peeve for the day? Drivers who speed in the rain.

Some idiot lorry driver decided to speed in the rain and what should happen? The fucking thing overturned. Thankfully the driver was okay, but what was he trying to do? He was on a roundabout for fucks sake. It was a big fucking lorry as well and the entire thing was on it's side. And what should've been a ten minute drive for me, became an hour long traffic diversion as thousands of commuter's in my town had to endure hours of delays, whilst the police were clearing the shit heap up. Literally. It was a waste disposal lorry.

My pet peeve for the day? Drivers who speed in the rain.

Some idiot lorry driver decided to speed in the rain and what should happen? The fucking thing overturned. Thankfully the driver was okay,

Thankfully ok? Shit, hes the type who was endangering others speeding, not only himself. If he doesnt learn from it he shouldve just passed on with this accident. Speeding is a menace to others on the road.

He only suffered minor injuries. No one else was hurt. When my mum and I drove past we couldn't believe it. I've never seen a lorry on its side before (and hopefully never will), I actually started to feel ill and had to look away. What scared me more than anything was that we usually take that roundabout daily, and the lane it was lying in was the lane we use. I dread to think what would've happened if it was one of those days when we were in it :(

I received a application to join AARP. For those of you that don't know what that is you have to be 50 or almost to join this "club". One club I prefer not to be a member of. They are holding a big convention in Washington this weekend and Gene Simmons is going to be the guest speaker. They are trying to make it cool now. :D Gene also said "50 is the new 20". Huh? Tell that to my boobs.

I received a application to join AARP. For those of you that don't know what that is you have to be 50 or almost to join this "club". One club I prefer not to be a member of. They are holding a big convention in Washington this weekend and Gene Simmons is going to be the guest speaker. They are trying to make it cool now. :D Gene also said "50 is the new 20". Huh? Tell that to my boobs.

:hysterical:

And our knees, and our hips, and and and :lol:

I'm not far behind ya....

hurricane -hanna is coming to ny tomorrow and my dad is saying we have to get all the stuff in the garage up/elevated, because we may have a high tide. he was just getting all intense about it...like he doesnt know the difference between katrina and gustav. you cant plan for these things. i'm like, dad, i'll put sandbags around the garage door and stand out there with a hard hat and flashlight to make sure our replaceable junk we've collected is safe. c'mon now, dad.

My husband and I started getting junk mail about new retirement communities in the area the year he turned 40 :blink:

Stupid People

tell me this doesn't sound crazy

My friend met this guy online at aim chat. They haven't met in person, thankfully. You'll soon see why. He sent her about 12 text messages in one day. One right after the one. I would say 2 to 7 minutes apart. 'I'm leaving for work' 'I'm at work' 'I'm in bathroom' I'm out of the bathroom' (he didn't really say that, but that's basically what it was)

Two weeks go by, my friend tells him she doesn't think it's going to work out.

He starts to cry on the phone, saying he loves her and stuff. (some guys are sensitive, but this is extreme.)

Now for this week. One Wednesday my friend tells the guy she doesn't want to be with him that way. He then sends her a text message saying "Just in case anything happens I took 80,000 (can't remember actual number) milligrams of pills.

Thursday he sends her flowers at work. I asked my friend how he got her work address. Well, she called him from work one day and he put the number on the internet and that is how he got the address. (she works at a K-8 center kindergarten through eight grade)

The part that leaves me confused is, this guy use to be a cop. How in the world can someone who is clearly mentally and emotionally unstable ever become a cop?

Sometimes I just want to smack her.

Stupid People

My friend met this guy online at aim chat. They haven't met in person, thankfully. You'll soon see why. He sent her about 12 text messages in one day. One right after the one. I would say 2 to 7 minutes apart. 'I'm leaving for work' 'I'm at work' 'I'm in bathroom' I'm out of the bathroom' (he didn't really say that, but that's basically what it was)

He starts to cry on the phone, saying he loves her and stuff. (some guys are sensitive, but this is extreme.)

Now for this week. One Wednesday my friend tells the guy she doesn't want to be with him that way. He then sends her a text message saying "Just in case anything happens I took 80,000 (can't remember actual number) milligrams of pills.

Thursday he sends her flowers at work. I asked my friend how he got her work address. Well, she called him from work one day and he put the number on the internet and that is how he got the address. (she works at a K-8 center kindergarten through eight grade)

The part that leaves me confused is, this guy use to be a cop. How in the world can someone who is clearly mentally and emotionally unstable ever become a cop?

never to early to get a restraining order... :unsure:

edited to add...becoming mentally and emotionally unstable is not uncommon among cops due to all of the violence and death they deal with.

Stupid People

This sounds like it could be a dangerous situation, I would advise your friend to change her ph number and cut off all communication with this nut job!

and what marolyn said get a restraining order if necessary

Archived