Pet Peeves

Hotplant

:lol: :lol:

Okay, this is an honest-to-god pet peeve: who are the little shits who just plop the ketchup/mustard/Tabasco lid on top of the bottle when they're done with it and don't screw it back on? Are they trying to play a practical joke on the next person who sits at the table and shakes the bottle without checking it, or are they just inconsiderate, lazy jackasses? Either way, STOP DOING THAT.

Most likely, its a prank.

When we were kids we used to do it to salt shakers.

Ahh, the good ole days.

Why whatever is "afn" and what exactly is a military chaplin?

I would be really suprised to hear you're from the U.S., because thats where I'm at and what you wrote looks like Japanese to me.

I will clarify this one for you docron. AFN is the American Forces Network. This is an analog television channel that the military uses outside of the US for military personnel and thier families. The commecials are mainly about safety or military propaganda but the selection of shows is not bad considering it is only one channel. The military can also buy a satellite receiver that is encoded but allows you to watch AFN and other AFN affiliated channels such as the movie, news and sports channels.

A military chaplin is a chaplin that is in the military. :D

I will clarify this one for you docron. AFN is the American Forces Network. This is an analog television channel that the military uses outside of the US for military personnel and thier families. The commecials are mainly about safety or military propaganda but the selection of shows is not bad considering it is only one channel. The military can also buy a satellite receiver that is encoded but allows you to watch AFN and other AFN affiliated channels such as the movie, news and sports channels.

A military chaplin is a chaplin that is in the military. :D

Well that was really nice of you, thanks! I feel bad for not knowing that, but to my defense I am but a simple farmboy.

possible cd avalanches. sometimes i look i at the stacks on top of the stereo and think...they might fall. is it a pet peeve...not really.

You don't have CD towers on something similar? I have one that holds over one hundred CD's, but my CD's are stacked in the bookcase :)

You don't have CD towers on something similar? I have one that holds over one hundred CD's, but my CD's are stacked in the bookcase :)

I have six cd tower shelves and my stereo is on this antique standing bookshelf, stereo on top and 3 shelves under it filled. Its all good though. there spread out ya know, not too overwhelming for the room.

I have six cd tower shelves and my stereo is on this antique standing bookshelf, stereo on top and 3 shelves under it filled. Its all good though. there spread out ya know, not too overwhelming for the room.

I keep them neat in the house, but when you get into the car, that's another story :)

I keep them neat in the house, but when you get into the car, that's another story :)

Oh forget that. theres no room in my car now, so i have cds on the floor. with the dog hair in my car, guess my car cd player will break before my car does.

Tommy's Pet Peeve #771-a

Someone stole every single one of my compact discs save for the one in my player - CSNY Box Set Disc 1

Tommy's Pet Peeve #771-b

I've no longer got a computer with which to listen to my 200+GB bootleg collection. Side-note: cannot charge my iPod either. Another side-note: this is not my computer.

Tommy's Pet Peeve # 771-c

One of my "friends" nicked up my vinyl Led Zeppelin III

Needless to say, I'm in pain. Big pain.

I think this is my third pet peeve. Anyway here goes:

What the hell happened to the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon

I'll start off with Nickelodeon.

I remember when I was little, I couldn't wait to see Nickelodeon. It had such great shows. Live Action: The Adventures of Pete and Pete, Hey Dude, Clarissa Explains it All, Salute Your Shorts, You Can't Do That on Television, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Welcome Freshman

Fifteen,

Game shows: (Family) Double Dare, Wild and Crazy Kids, Guts, Figure it Out, Legends of the Hidden Temple, what would you do

Cartoons: doug, rugrats, aww real monsters, Eureka's castle, ren and stimpy, rocko's modern life

Roundhouse ( I don't know what category to put them in.) never mind it's a variety show

Now all they have is crap. They should just bring those shows back. Who cares if it's in reruns so what. It's better than what they have now.

Now my Disney channel rant.

Ah the good old days. When they showed disney cartoons of mickey mouse and the gang. It also had live action shows but I can't remember them all. Anyway, now they don't have any cartoons. Well they do, just not mickey mouse.

WTF. How can they do that. When I think of Disney, I think Mickey Mouse. Now, kids today will be thinking : "Zac Efron" (who by the way wouldn't have such a huge fanbase of preteen girls if he wasn't promoted by the Disney Channel.) (That being said, I wouldn't throw him out of bed) or one those other "singers"

What's wrong with the world. Disney Channel is becoming MTV for preteens. Sure Britney Spears and the guys from N'SYNC were on the mickey mouse club, but their careers didn't start until they were much older.

They need to bring back the classic disney cartoons. Keep the live action shows you have now, but bring back mickey, donald, pluto, goofy and the rest of gang.

I missed the ole days. *reminiscing* Oh well, there's always DVD's and youtube.

side note: Cookie Monster is no longer called cookie monster. He's now called Veggie monster.

Apparently there was an epidemic of childhood obesity in the USA. So a bunch of busybodies decided that cookie monster was a bad influence.

Well that makes sense. A muppet is responsible for the bad choices kids make.

WTF

What kind of moronic thing is that. If you don't want your kids to do something you tell them NO. What is it with most parents today?

"Little Jimmy is shoot the neighbor's rabbits because that's what Elmer Fudd does. How can I stop him"

Parents need to stop looking for someone ( or something) to blame and be "parents".

Most likely, its a prank.

When we were kids we used to do it to salt shakers.

Ahh, the good ole days.

No soup for you! :angry:;) I've never actually shaken an unscrewed bottle - I heard enough stories about it before I got the chance to be dumb enough to do it myself - but sheesh I get tired of checking the lids, lol!

<snip>

Now my Disney channel rant.

Ah the good old days. When they showed disney cartoons of mickey mouse and the gang. It also had live action shows but I can't remember them all. Anyway, now they don't have any cartoons. Well they do, just not mickey mouse.

WTF. How can they do that. When I think of Disney, I think Mickey Mouse. Now, kids today will be thinking : "Zac Efron" (who by the way wouldn't have such a huge fanbase of preteen girls if he wasn't promoted by the Disney Channel.) (That being said, I wouldn't throw him out of bed) or one those other "singers"

What's wrong with the world. Disney Channel is becoming MTV for preteens. Sure Britney Spears and the guys from N'SYNC were on the mickey mouse club, but their careers didn't start until they were much older.

They need to bring back the classic disney cartoons. Keep the live action shows you have now, but bring back mickey, donald, pluto, goofy and the rest of gang.

I missed the ole days. *reminiscing* Oh well, there's always DVD's and youtube.

side note: Cookie Monster is no longer called cookie monster. He's now called Veggie monster.

Apparently there was an epidemic of childhood obesity in the USA. So a bunch of busybodies decided that cookie monster was a bad influence.

Well that makes sense. A muppet is responsible for the bad choices kids make.

WTF

What kind of moronic thing is that. If you don't want your kids to do something you tell them NO. What is it with most parents today?

"Little Jimmy is shoot the neighbor's rabbits because that's what Elmer Fudd does. How can I stop him"

Parents need to stop looking for someone ( or something) to blame and be "parents".

Preach it, brotha! I never watched Nick that much, but I was a Disney Channel junkie. And you know what I liked the most on that channel? The Mickey Mouse cartoons! What a surprise! Ugh, I could go on and on about this, but jeez. I was born in the 1980s. I say if cartoons that were made in the '30s were still classics when I was watching them in the '90s, they didn't suddenly become outdated in the last 10 years after 60 years of being considered timeless. Why can't we give kids the quality they deserve instead of turning them into vegetables with 5-second attention spans?

I was a child of the 80's.

All you need to know is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Screw Mickey, Raphael would silence him in a heartbeat while April O'Neil filmed it for Channel 6.

And maybe Wienerville from Nickelodeon, but really, when I look back, I think this was just some pedophile's excuse to get kids to say wiener alot, but I found it to be awesome at the time, and it's really shaped me into the gentleman I am today.

What the hell happened to the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon

Holy shit! Rugrats was one of my favorite shows! Ren and Stimpy was a bit creepy to me, but I did enjoy it. Are you Afraid of the Dark gave me good fodder to scare the crap of my younger broher.

I also miss Mickey Mouse, but it seem's he's content to remain Disney's mascot. Goofy was my favorite, but my brother and Dad can have this huge Duck conversation because my Dad can sound like Donald and my brother like Huey. I envy them for it, actually.

Of course, I grew up in the 90's, but Disney and Nick showed all the good stuff in the 90's still.

Now we have shit like... Hannah Montana... dose of reality, please... she sucks.

Ah the good old days. When they showed disney cartoons of mickey mouse and the gang. It also had live action shows but I can't remember them all.

Back when TV was just 7 channel choices, there was a Disney show on Sunday night - right after Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. That's the good old days. The good cartoons, along with Huck Finn and other adventurous stuff.

Speaking of old cartoons, a huge pet peeve of mine is a lot of those old Mickey, Donald, Goofy etc short cartoons from back in the day are being re-done in 3D and what not now. The voices are different, the looks of the cartoons suck, and in some instances they've changed or tweaked some of the storylines. That really pissed me off when my nephews were watching tv and that came on.

Also, when the battle of bands/artists/songs commence and someone doesn't like the song or artist and they quip back with "You just don't GET them/it. You don't Understand! It's too complex bla bla bla" Seriously, I want to punch those people in the mouth. Is it rock and roll or chemistry?

All of these "Different" political threads, how about merging them all into one

we'll call it "Political Bullshit~Let's Bitch" :rolleyes:

lol, it's that time again, Dzldoc. Some people get a bit energetic over this, but seriously, it is so important. This time around can possibly ruin our country if the vote goes to the same old same old. I understand your feelings, however. I can't wait until the Election is over.

Pet Peeve: making a decision that is so hard.

Archived