Pet Peeves

Hotplant

My gawd! Thanks for the replies, guys ;)

The truth is my boyfriend has told him that he acts out of line when he treats me like that, but I suppose him being young still, he doesn't think he needs to apologize/be polite :rolleyes: My bf's also told me to give him a bit of his own medicine, but I'm far too timid. To be fair I don't see him that often, and I'd much rather he treat me like a child for a few hours than have a rift with my bf whilst they work.

There's no decision to make between my boyfriend and I. I've been with him for nearly six years, and he's barely known this guy for a year - I know I come before this guy. If I'd have heard that he'd told my bf to fuck off when told not to flick his cigarette ash on his arm, I would've said something. I've not been afraid to be blank him in the past.

It's funny though, because out of the whole group, he's the only one who regularly asks my boyfriend how I am, will I be out with them this week, etc? And then he acts like that. Oh, well.

I hate it when people cant make up there mind about shit. I am going to prom with my date and a big group of people and the person planning everything keeps changing the dinner plans. She can't make up her fucking mind about the restaurant that we are eating at. It has changed six different times.

I hate it when people cant make up there mind about shit. I am going to prom with my date and a big group of people and the person planning everything keeps changing the dinner plans. She can't make up her fucking mind about the restaurant that we are eating at. It has changed six different times.

Welcome to the jungle my friend :D this is the type of person you want to avoid getting married to or hooked up with. They will never change and only get worse as time drags on :rolleyes: "Trust Me!"

Things as simple as pulling up to a freakin' drive through "What do you want?" (them) "I don't know" WTF!? :o you've only been here eleven thousand times! you should know the menue in your sleep JFC! :angry:

And those are just the simple things that don't even matter.

Make a freakin' decision even if it's a wrong one just do something! :slapface:

Dzldoc, I must admit that I don't always know what I want when we puull up but it doesn't take me long to decide. I would be very mad about the prom thing though. You gave the right advice don't get yourself into a relationship with such a chick. They are dreadful. Not that I've dated a chick like that. Chicks in general aren't my type.

Welcome to the jungle my friend :D this is the type of person you want to avoid getting married to or hooked up with. They will never change and only get worse as time drags on :rolleyes: "Trust Me!"

Things as simple as pulling up to a freakin' drive through "What do you want?" (them) "I don't know" WTF!? :o you've only been here eleven thousand times! you should know the menue in your sleep JFC! :angry:

And those are just the simple things that don't even matter.

Make a freakin' decision even if it's a wrong one just do something! :slapface:

This happens to me occasionally, especially when I have to make a quick decision and there's a lot of commotion going on :blush: Just thought I'd mention that difficulty making decisions can actually be a symptom of ADHD; it's not necessarily a willful thing. (I have not been diagnosed with ADHD, but one of my children has).

Traffic.

I had an essay due today. I get points off if it's late starting at 6:05 pm (class starts at 6:00), then for each consecutive day.

I live about 20 minutes away from school. Assuming no traffic, all green lights, and some liberalism about the speed limit (all three of which are conditions I have encountered at the same time before while driving to school) I can actually get there in 15 minutes. Assuming normal track and as many red lights as green (or whatever the average ratio is), I get to school in 20 to 30 minutes.

Now, where I live 5:00 is rush hour. Usually, if I give myself an hour, I can get to school in 45 to 50 minutes. Today I left at 4:50 to give myself a full hour and ten minutes to get to school to turn in this paper.

But today, the day I have to hand in that fucking paper, I encounter 2 ("well"-placed) accidents, at least 3 assholes who should have stopped driving a hundred thousand years ago, every red light available (some of which I got twice), and, finally, assholes who have no fucking clue what a 4-way stop is. And that's all on top of normal rush hour, which is bad enough.

Needless to say, I didn't get to class until 6:20 (and I left at 4:10, for a destination only 45 minutes away during normal rush hour). Unfortunately, my teacher is also the biggest bitch I've ever been taught by. Since I wasn't in the fucking hospital having triplets, I lost a lot of points off my paper.

I will be stressed out and pissed off all weekend and I have nothing to help me through. God damn mother-fucking life. Fucking shit. I think I should just quit... seriously.

Maybe Dzldoc can help with this one :) Citgo, i was at this particular gas station once before (knew i had a reason i didn't want to stop there). It was on the way and the prices are pretty good. But when you pump the gas (and i use the automatic holder, whatever that is called) but even if you manually hold it, it takes about a minute per gallon to pump. After 8 gallons and five minutes later i called it quits without filling the tank as i hoped. Slow as hell, i don't get it!

another pet peeve: Otter pops! Bought a box for my daughter last night (nostalgic!) and she is going crazy with them! She takes three at a time out of the freezer and hands them to me to open. I have already threatened to throw them all out if she doesn't slow down!

Easy, my friend disagreeing with me that Zep are the gods of Rock and Roll, and disagreeing that Pagey is the Guitar/Mandolin-god, Percy is the Harmonica/Vocal-god, Jonesy is the Bass/Keyboard/etc.-god but he does agree that Bonzo is the drum-god.

His KISS obsession is really annoying...

...biggest sell-out band ever...

Traffic.

I had an essay due today. I get points off if it's late starting at 6:05 pm (class starts at 6:00), then for each consecutive day.

I live about 20 minutes away from school. Assuming no traffic, all green lights, and some liberalism about the speed limit (all three of which are conditions I have encountered at the same time before while driving to school) I can actually get there in 15 minutes. Assuming normal track and as many red lights as green (or whatever the average ratio is), I get to school in 20 to 30 minutes.

Now, where I live 5:00 is rush hour. Usually, if I give myself an hour, I can get to school in 45 to 50 minutes. Today I left at 4:50 to give myself a full hour and ten minutes to get to school to turn in this paper.

But today, the day I have to hand in that fucking paper, I encounter 2 ("well"-placed) accidents, at least 3 assholes who should have stopped driving a hundred thousand years ago, every red light available (some of which I got twice), and, finally, assholes who have no fucking clue what a 4-way stop is. And that's all on top of normal rush hour, which is bad enough.

Needless to say, I didn't get to class until 6:20 (and I left at 4:10, for a destination only 45 minutes away during normal rush hour). Unfortunately, my teacher is also the biggest bitch I've ever been taught by. Since I wasn't in the fucking hospital having triplets, I lost a lot of points off my paper.

I will be stressed out and pissed off all weekend and I have nothing to help me through. God damn mother-fucking life. Fucking shit. I think I should just quit... seriously.

Don't quit. You'll regret that you ever did, especially when you appear to have worked as hard as you say you have. At the end of the day traffic docked the points off of your paper, surely the school can look at the fact that traffic is a means beyond your control? I quit school with less than a few months to go, and I'm still in the mentality that I'm still 'behind' - despite nearly completing a Literature degree now. And there will never be anyone more disappointed and pissed off at me for leaving school than me.

I'm pissed off because I'm finding out more and more about the sick fuck that murdered a teen in my village 25 years ago. He named his daughter after his victim. I felt such revulsion when I heard that. I felt sick when I heard there's a very real possibility that he used to live a few (7, to be precise) houses away from me. I grew up in fear of this man, and he could've been living behind me the whole time.

Warning, foul language ahead.

Stupid motherfuckers who can't fucking make up their fucking minds when they're in line at fucking Starbucks.

So earlier this evening I was getting my usual mocha frapp and a piece of coffee cake, when the insipid twit in front of me decides to spend an entire epoch figuring out whether she wanted hazelnut syrup or vanilla syrup in her latte. I have to pick up my sister from her sorority's initiation practice and I don't want to leave her standing around looking like an idiot. So I finally tap the woman on the shoulder and ask her if she'd step out of line to figure out what she wants so that I can order and then leave, and she says "Why, I was here first?"

Stupid goddamn twit.

Stupid motherfuckers who can't fucking make up their fucking minds when they're in line at fucking Starbucks.

So earlier this evening I was getting my usual mocha frapp and a piece of coffee cake, when the insipid twit in front of me decides to spend an entire epoch figuring out whether she wanted hazelnut syrup or vanilla syrup in her latte. I have to pick up my sister from her sorority's initiation practice and I don't want to leave her standing around looking like an idiot. So I finally tap the woman on the shoulder and ask her if she'd step out of line to figure out what she wants so that I can order and then leave, and she says "Why, I was here first?"

Stupid goddamn twit.

There seems to be no limit to stupidity and Starbucks lineups. Sometimes both. Too much choice for such people is a baaad thing. Add entitlement and you've got a veritable black hole of assholes. Why oh why can't people get in line after deciding what they want?

There seems to be no limit to stupidity and Starbucks lineups. Sometimes both. Too much choice for such people is a baaad thing. Add entitlement and you've got a veritable black hole of assholes. Why oh why can't people get in line after deciding what they want?

THANK YOU!

This seems to happen to me everywhere I go that requires you to order off a giant menu. A couple of weeks ago, I was meeting my mom at her office for lunch, and she wanted McDonalds. So I said I'd swing by and pick her up her fave (Filet o' Fish) and meet her in 30 minutes.

I was stuck behind some old fart who probably fought in the Civil War, who couldn't make up his mind between a cheeseburger and a hamburger.

I swear, one day I am going to write a book called Don't Be Stupid, Stupid and devote the first 4 chapters to people who can't make up their damn minds in restaurants.

Don't quit. You'll regret that you ever did, especially when you appear to have worked as hard as you say you have. At the end of the day traffic docked the points off of your paper, surely the school can look at the fact that traffic is a means beyond your control? I quit school with less than a few months to go, and I'm still in the mentality that I'm still 'behind' - despite nearly completing a Literature degree now. And there will never be anyone more disappointed and pissed off at me for leaving school than me.

I'm pissed off because I'm finding out more and more about the sick fuck that murdered a teen in my village 25 years ago. He named his daughter after his victim. I felt such revulsion when I heard that. I felt sick when I heard there's a very real possibility that he used to live a few (7, to be precise) houses away from me. I grew up in fear of this man, and he could've been living behind me the whole time.

She's right, Nathan, hang in there. Fall down eight times, get up nine. I wish you well.

LDW, that's really creepy, but at least the guy was finally caught. Understandably, there are lots of mixed emotions. It's good you're venting about them, it gives everything a sense of closure. At least you know you do not have to be afraid of him anymore, and that has to be a comforting thought.

THANK YOU!

This seems to happen to me everywhere I go that requires you to order off a giant menu. A couple of weeks ago, I was meeting my mom at her office for lunch, and she wanted McDonalds. So I said I'd swing by and pick her up her fave (Filet o' Fish) and meet her in 30 minutes.

I was stuck behind some old fart who probably fought in the Civil War, who couldn't make up his mind between a cheeseburger and a hamburger.

I swear, one day I am going to write a book called Don't Be Stupid, Stupid and devote the first 4 chapters to people who can't make up their damn minds in restaurants.

I guess it makes people feel free and important, you know like what George Carlin said, "Thirty-one flavours of ice-cream; two political parties."

Get started on that book because it's going to outlast the Chicken Soup series. Endless source material guaranteed lol

Chapter 1: "Shit Or Get Off the Pot"

Stupid goddamn twit.

Look at the bright side, she could have pulled out a check book to pay :o:wall:

Easy, my friend disagreeing with me that Zep are the gods of Rock and Roll, and disagreeing that Pagey is the Guitar/Mandolin-god, Percy is the Harmonica/Vocal-god, Jonesy is the Bass/Keyboard/etc.-god but he does agree that Bonzo is the drum-god.

His KISS obsession is really annoying...

...biggest sell-out band ever...

Not that I think Kiss is the best band ever (I don't) but not everyone is going to share the same opinion about who their favorite artist is. I'm a big Zep fan but they're not my favorite.

Traffic.

In the grand scheme of life it ain't no big thing. Don't let stress take control of your life, it's the number one killer :dont:

that kind of thing happens to me all the time ... i work in a deli, a busy one, so you have to take a number. so many people just grab a number and wait and then when it's their turn THEN they start looking and deciding what they want. the other one is that they miss their number because they are talking or just not paying attention, and then get angry at us ! aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Traffic.

I totally feel your pain - I, too, am a commuter student with the commute from hell (it could be worse, though...at least I don't have to drive on I-15). But you know what? It's just a fact of life. Shit happens. Not to downplay the frustration you're feeling, because that situation totally merits major feelings of frustration, but to be brutally honest, this isn't the last time you're going to fuck up no matter how hard you try, and you're not the only person to have ever fucked up. Happens all the time. It's happened to me (well, something similar). I was pissed, but I knew there was nothing I could do about it, so I just kept on truckin', doing my best like I always had, and it didn't kill me or jeopardize my college career in the end.

Yeah, you won't get as good a grade as you could have, and it's through no fault of your own, and that sucks. But is it worth quitting school and messing up your life over? No way! Your future job will not care if you got a less-than-stellar grade in one class, but they will care quite a bit if you don't have a college degree.

But seriously, it sounds like you're doing fine. As long as you're taking your time on your papers, making an effort to get there early and pay attention in class, you've got it made. There will always be certain elements of life that you can't control, but the important part is not to sabotage yourself any more than necessary, and you're already making sure of that to a sane point, so don't beat yourself up about it. This is a drop in the pond, and in the end, your GPA will reflect your responsibility. Hope that helps a little! Sorry to write you a novel here...

Stupid goddamn twit.

I know what you mean. I like people that get the usual. It takes no time to order. Happens at like any restuarant with me. Especially at Chiptole. I always get the same thing and then there are the people that don't know what they want and take up so much time thinking about it.

Archived