Pet Peeves

Hotplant

The person did say she is 47, so at least it wasn't a young person asking for help. If they had identified themself as being 16, i would have hesitated more to say anything except for them to talk to someone in their life they trust.

now as slave to zep said, that person hasn't responded back to their thread. I guess our advice sucked :)

Fair enough--I wasn't actually referring to a particular thread (I know the one you mean but haven't read it in detail), but just to the general principle, given that people can be vulnerable at any age.

Fair enough--I wasn't actually referring to a particular thread (I know the one you mean but haven't read it in detail), but just to the general principle, given that people can be vulnerable at any age.

True indeed, we can all be vulnerable at any time in our life :) I didn't think you meant that particular thread alone at first, but after a while it seemed that one was the obvious choice.

pet peeve (to stay on topic).... having to wake up at a specific time to fulfill a responsibility (work/appointment/whatever)... :) i just want to wake up when my body is ready, lol.

True indeed, we can all be vulnerable at any time in our life :) I didn't think you meant that particular thread alone at first, but after a while it seemed that one was the obvious choice.

pet peeve (to stay on topic).... having to wake up at a specific time to fulfill a responsibility (work/appointment/whatever)... :)i just want to wake up when my body is ready, lol.

BINGO! :D

I could never stay on topic 100% of the time. Seems like when me head gets all geared up ya know to 'Ramble On?'

Well!

You can forget about it because I will surely do just that. I do think I'm waay better at it than I use to be though. I try not to discuss why kotex wont flush well on any given day or why some women are just born prattish. Now the last observation is very astute.

Anyone see what pork bellies are going for today :lol:

pet peeve (to stay on topic).... having to wake up at a specific time to fulfill a responsibility (work/appointment/whatever)... :) i just want to wake up when my body is ready, lol.

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Which is NEVER when my alarm goes off :D

Yeah I rreeaaally could have done without the bomb threat at the subway station yesterday. Nice that the TTC and police were thorough and fast about shutting it down, even though I had to walk the rest of the way to work.

I have to be off work for two weeks as I am having new windows installed at my house and I have to be here to let the workers in and out. A forced vacation, if you will. I also have to clean up the mess that they leave at the end of the day. I am doing heavy duty spring cleaning.

My peeve is that it is 9:30 AM and they just showed up to do the work. They told me yesterday that they would be here at 8:30. Each day they are getting more behind in their schedule. They must be done by next Friday because I can't take off any more time from work. It's making me nervous that they won't be done by then.

edited to say:

Also, my dog is going nuts barking at them and it is driving me nuts. I can't get her to settle down.

I have to be off work for two weeks as I am having new windows installed at my house and I have to be here to let the workers in and out. A forced vacation, if you will. I also have to clean up the mess that they leave at the end of the day. I am doing heavy duty spring cleaning.

My peeve is that it is 9:30 AM and they just showed up to do the work. They told me yesterday that they would be here at 8:30. Each day they are getting more behind in their schedule. They must be done by next Friday because I can't take off any more time from work. It's making me nervous that they won't be done by then.

edited to say:

Also, my dog is going nuts barking at them and it is driving me nuts. I can't get her to settle down.

Haha those Scotty's can be high strung. :o

About those contractors, never give them the last check before they are finished and it's to your satisfaction! :)

And the one morning that my body wants to sleep in is the same one when I must get up early and be alert somewhere.

I don't know what it's like at your planet, but here in America, pretty much all of the families I know go a little something like this:

Mom's day: Mom gets up, wakes up the kids, gets breakfast ready, makes sure kids are dressed, fed, and ready to go to school/daycare, takes kids to school/daycare on way to work, works all day, picks kids up from school/daycare on way home, stops at grocery store to pick up groceries. Once they're home, she cooks dinner, picks up the house, does a load of laundry, helps kids with homework, makes sure they've had their baths, and puts them to bed.

Dad's day: Wakes up, eats food wife has prepared, goes to work, works all day, comes home, eats food wife has prepared, sits on couch, drinks beer and belches while watching sports.

*whistles*

Which TV show or commercial did you get that one from?

Let's see what it's like in my world:

Mom's Day: Dad and kids get up early, make breakfast, bring to Mom while she's in bed. Kids and Dad then wrap gifts and cards, then start chores while Mom watches movie of her choice on TV. Kids prepare lunch, then everyone sits down to eat. Dinner goes one of two ways. Either Dad and kids take Mom out to nice place, or, while kids are making lunch, Dad goes out to get ingredients for dinner decided on by Dad and kids. Dad and kids make dinner, everyone eats. After dinner, Kids give Mom Mother's Day presents and cards.

Dad's Day: Mom and kids get up early to make breakfast for Dad, though Dad comes down to eat breakfast with us. We all prepare to go to baseball game (assuming it's on Dad's day), and eat lunch there. Gifts and cards wrapped beforehand. After game, dinner is either out to eat or home-made by Mom and kids. After dinner, kids give Dad presents and card.

And, personally, it's fun both times.

Now if only we had a children's day for the parents to dote on the kids for a bit... (:D)

Pet peeve of the day... having to re-write two papers for school which were never turned in because email fucking sucks.

Yeah I rreeaaally could have done without the bomb threat at the subway station yesterday. Nice that the TTC and police were thorough and fast about shutting it down, even though I had to walk the rest of the way to work.

We've had a few unspecified shutdowns over the last few month's Pat. They never give an official answer as to why. There are training exercises going on because of next years Olympics so it can be hard to tell if something real is happening or if it's just an exercise. They did find a pipe bomb in one of our transit exchanges last summer and sent in the robot to move it outside the loop. It was dropped into a hole and then detonated. The blast was enormous and if it had gone off in the loop, it would have been devestating. No one claimed responsibility and so far no one has been arrested.

*whistles*

Which TV show or commercial did you get that one from?

Let's see what it's like in my world:

Mom's Day: Dad and kids get up early, make breakfast, bring to Mom while she's in bed. Kids and Dad then wrap gifts and cards, then start chores while Mom watches movie of her choice on TV. Kids prepare lunch, then everyone sits down to eat. Dinner goes one of two ways. Either Dad and kids take Mom out to nice place, or, while kids are making lunch, Dad goes out to get ingredients for dinner decided on by Dad and kids. Dad and kids make dinner, everyone eats. After dinner, Kids give Mom Mother's Day presents and cards.

Dad's Day: Mom and kids get up early to make breakfast for Dad, though Dad comes down to eat breakfast with us. We all prepare to go to baseball game (assuming it's on Dad's day), and eat lunch there. Gifts and cards wrapped beforehand. After game, dinner is either out to eat or home-made by Mom and kids. After dinner, kids give Dad presents and card.

And, personally, it's fun both times.

Now if only we had a children's day for the parents to dote on the kids for a bit... (:D)

Pet peeve of the day... having to re-write two papers for school which were never turned because email fucking sucks.

Hi Nathan, not to speak for Bonnie, but I interpreted her post as being about an average regular day for Mom and for Dad...

Sorry to hear about your papers :(

Hi Nathan, not to speak for Bonnie, but I interpreted her post as being about an average regular day for Mom and for Dad...

Maybe I interpreted wrong, but it seems she wa stalking specifically about Mother's Day and Father's Day. If I'm wrong, then I, of course, retract my first statement about the TV show or commercial.

Sorry to hear about your papers :(

Thanks. It seriously sucks, but I'm doing what I can...

Maybe I interpreted wrong, but it seems she wa stalking specifically about Mother's Day and Father's Day. If I'm wrong, then I, of course, retract my first statement about the TV show or commercial.

Thanks. It seriously sucks, but I'm doing what I can...

Yes. You did interpret completely wrong.

Spats had made his usual women-hating comment about mother's day, and I was merely trying to illustrate to Mr. Dense about how women not only deserve mother's day, but actually earn it.

But thanks, pal!

Bonnie, I totally understood that you were giving and example of what a mom does in a regular day versus what a dad does in a regular day. I totally got it. ;)

Yes...I don't even have kids and my day reflects the "mom's day" more than the "dad's day." I come home and do housework while my mate takes a nap while I cook dinner, etc. ;)

My rant is about stupid asses who think they own the world because they have a cell phone and a car. Maybe it's just a combination of selfish people who think they own the world and then make it worse by driving with that attitude on a phone? (sigh)

(Keep in mind this all happened from 2:30-3:00, then from 4:10-4:30...I traveled less than 20 miles...in moderate traffic, not even close to heavy.)

1. Today, after school when I was walking to my car, there were a few jr. school girls leaving the school. They were walking ON THE CROSSWALK in the parking lot, and I hear a horn blare and a woman yelling, "watch out for cars! You don't walk out in front of cars!" Well, the woman was driving WAAYYY too fast in a JR. HIGH SCHOOL PARKING LOT to begin with, and the kids were in a cross walk--lady, you're supposed to stop for them! The kids weren't doing ANYTHING WRONG. She was a parent coming to pick up her kid from school. (you would think that the people who would be the most worried about their kids' safety after school in the parking lot/walking home from school would be the parents of kids who attend said school....) She was on her phone....then I get on the freeway, and I get to drive near her. Still on her phone, weaving in her lane, almost clipping the end of a truck because she was too impatient to pass him...eventually I got away from her.

2. THEN, while I'm still in the car, some guy is on the phone and he cuts the turn lane corner to short while turning left, so I honked at him (just to get him to realize that he was 3/4 into my lane), and he flips me off. I wasn't mad, wasn't making faces or anything--I just didn't want him to hit my car. Duuudddeee...get off the f-ing phone.

3. I stop to get some gas on my way home because I'm on E. I am a little broke--I get paid on Friday--so I wanted to prepay with the cash I had in my purse ("just in case money"). I pull up to the pump, go inside, give the guy my money, and start to pump. Except that I'm too far away from the pump because the car in FRONT OF ME IS HAPHAZARDLY PARKED in front of the pump in front of me, and no one is pumping gas! Seriously, the car in front of me couldn't even pump gas if they tried because they're so far away from it. It turns out that there are three people in the car, all having their own cell phone conversations while I have to see-saw my car back and forth to get to the pump. So then I looked like the dumbass because I was all askew at the pump and inconveniencing other people at the gast station. I would have gone to a different pump if I hadn't given the attendant cash for that one already, or if I was paying with a card. Oh yeah--did I mention that when I put the pump down to move my car it reset the pump and I had to go back inside? (ugh)

4. NEXT, about an hour later, I'm on my way to a doctor appt. I'm driving in a normally congested area, and I wonder why this SUV in front of me is weaving into my lane. When I get a chance to pass, it's because he's on the cell phone AND HE'S READING A REAL ESTATE FLYER! PULL OVER, DOUCHEBAG! After I was far away from him, I saw him erratically change lanes, and almost take off the front half of a Camry, causing about six other cars to react in a way so they wouldn't end up in the cluster-fuck possible wreck. I seriously saw about six other cars almost hit this guy.

5. Then I get to the doctor's office's parking lot. It's a one-way, narrow street. You go in one way and come out the other way. There's a Denali facing the opposite direction, parked IN THE MIDDLE OF THE "STREET," talking on his phone, while there are about three empty parking spaces within a few yards of where he's sitting. I had to maneuver around him, but he didn't flinch. He's obviously more important than I am. :rolleyes:

Seriously. You AREN'T more important than everyone else in the world. If you MUST take this phone call while driving, pull over--especially if you notice you're totally oblivious to everyone else in the world.

It just drives me crazy when people are just plain rude and unaware of what they're doing to inconvenience other people in public. I try to be aware of it, but I'm sure I have done stupid crap too.

Perhaps it's just that I'm a little grouchy after three hours of sleep. ;)

Ohhhhhhh...I am so peeved about the latest EMINEM video...something about a rock star....Is he trying to spoof the Nickleback video OR the reality show featuring some blonde rock star whose name escapes me...

There are two scenes in the "M'" video where a character is puking....

C'mon Marshall you can do better than that.....don't waste my time or money I pay for cable on such "stuff"

Juliet :thumbdown::angry::rolleyes:

People belly aching about things they are responsible for destroying. Just plain weird.

Secondly, people who aren't man or woman enough to apologize for anything. No matter what they screw up. I guess you learn as you live. Some people just pratt along this upper trail looking down on everyone.

My rant is about stupid asses who think they own the world because they have a cell phone and a car. Maybe it's just a combination of selfish people who think they own the world and then make it worse by driving with that attitude on a phone? (sigh)

Wow; I agree, when it rains it pours. Some days, driving really is like being in the Twilight Zone :blink: I'm glad you got home safely!

We've had a few unspecified shutdowns over the last few month's Pat. They never give an official answer as to why. There are training exercises going on because of next years Olympics so it can be hard to tell if something real is happening or if it's just an exercise. They did find a pipe bomb in one of our transit exchanges last summer and sent in the robot to move it outside the loop. It was dropped into a hole and then detonated. The blast was enormous and if it had gone off in the loop, it would have been devestating. No one claimed responsibility and so far no one has been arrested.

:o Thank God they caught it in time! That's the thing, Ally, you never know. Here, word is that a bag with three bottles containing suspicious liquid, and wires was found in a bathroom. It turned out to be an elaborate hoax! Someone went to a lot of trouble to plan this. I often wonder in these types of situations whether it is a test run, or whether some people are inbred cretins.

It's good that they're taking every precaution for the Olympics. There's precedent, of course, for terrorism on such a huge stage. Hopefully in your end and ours, those responsible will be brought to justice.

Too tired of all the 'Pet Peeves,' to have any. I'm gonna do it all with lUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV from now on.

Say it out loud and you will slowly get the picture. Why are lovers a success?

Because we do it with LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVVVVVVVVVVVV. See how that rolls off the tongue?

:o Thank God they caught it in time! That's the thing, Ally, you never know. Here, word is that a bag with three bottles containing suspicious liquid, and wires was found in a bathroom. It turned out to be an elaborate hoax! Someone went to a lot of trouble to plan this. I often wonder in these types of situations whether it is a test run, or whether some people are inbred cretins.

It's good that they're taking every precaution for the Olympics. There's precedent, of course, for terrorism on such a huge stage. Hopefully in your end and ours, those responsible will be brought to justice.

It was quite amazing that the incident last year hardly even made the papers. I suppose the theory might have been not to give whoever was responsible any credibility. Still, everyone who was evacuated from the exchange and the surrounding area that evening and thought it was a hoax, will remember the sound of that thing going off. Very humbling

Yes. You did interpret completely wrong.

Spats had made his usual women-hating comment about mother's day, and I was merely trying to illustrate to Mr. Dense about how women not only deserve mother's day, but actually earn it.

But thanks, pal!

Bonnie, please stop saying i am a woman hater. I am not. You and i get along most of the time. If i hated women i would not get along along with them or have had girlfriends or want another one. if i did hate women i would not want to have anything to do with them. :rolleyes:

I don't know what it's like at your planet, but here in America, pretty much all of the families I know go a little something like this:

Mom's day: Mom gets up, wakes up the kids, gets breakfast ready, makes sure kids are dressed, fed, and ready to go to school/daycare, takes kids to school/daycare on way to work, works all day, picks kids up from school/daycare on way home, stops at grocery store to pick up groceries. Once they're home, she cooks dinner, picks up the house, does a load of laundry, helps kids with homework, makes sure they've had their baths, and puts them to bed.

Dad's day: Wakes up, eats food wife has prepared, goes to work, works all day, comes home, eats food wife has prepared, sits on couch, drinks beer and belches while watching sports.

If that is happening in the average woman's day then she made a bad choice in picking her husband or boyfriend. If a woman picked the right guy it would not be like that.

Bonnie, please stop saying i am a woman hater. I am not. You and i get along most of the time. If i hated women i would not get along along with them or have had girlfriends or want another one. if i did hate women i would not want to have anything to do with them. :rolleyes:

You're right, most of the time you and I get along just great.

However, sometimes you write things that make me very upset. And you know I'm very hot-headed. You ought to know by now which things you say make me--and our friends here on the forum--, frustrated with you. I feel like, you post those things just to push mine --and their-- buttons. I don't know why you would do that, but it makes me especially angry that you would purposely try to irk us. To do that to people means that you don't value them very much, do you?

Archived