Pet Peeves

Hotplant

If that is happening in the average woman's day then she made a bad choice in picking her husband or boyfriend. If a woman picked the right guy it would not be like that.

really, how many modern day marriages have you been in?

if the average woman searched for this "right guy" you speak of, she would be dead before she found him, or he would a) like other men or B) be another woman

your wrong here, bub.

You're right, most of the time you and I get along just great.

However, sometimes you write things that make me very upset. And you know I'm very hot-headed. You ought to know by now which things you say make me--and our friends here on the forum--, frustrated with you. I feel like, you post those things just to push mine --and their-- buttons. I don't know why you would do that, but it makes me especially angry that you would purposely try to irk us. To do that to people means that you don't value them very much, do you?

Now your hitting the nail right on the head. He is no genius or master comedy writer. He makes people mad and then tries to make it look rational by appearing wimpish.

IMO

I will eat 50 spoiled burgers today and pay you with 100 irrational explanations Tuesday.

if the average woman searched for this "right guy" you speak of, she would be dead before she found him, or he would a) like other men or B) be another woman

your wrong here, bub.

I will agree finding a great guy can be a daunting job, actually it takes a lot of luck. I can honestly say, i have been in more than a few long term relationships with guys who were exceptional. Two were Scorpios if that helps :) My luck may have run out, but anyway, there are good guys out there. You have to look in the right places to find them.

I went out to dinner tonight and ordered an entree even though I wasn't very hungry. I hate about 1/4 of it and boxed the rest of it up.

THEN I LEFT IT AT THE RESTAURANT!

Grr. :rolleyes:

One thing I don't understand about restaurants is why they insist upon giving people such large portions!! I usually order off the kids menu, or just get an order of appetizers when I go out.

...when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Too many people use the former when they should be using the latter. These words have two different meanings altogether. It's lazy and a sad statement on the state of education today.

Too many people use the former when they should be using the latter. These words have two different meanings altogether. It's lazy and a sad statement on the state of education today.

:buttsmack:

So many homonyms; so little time :D

Yes. You did interpret completely wrong.

Spats had made his usual women-hating comment about mother's day, and I was merely trying to illustrate to Mr. Dense about how women not only deserve mother's day, but actually earn it.

But thanks, pal!

In that case, please forgive me. In fact, I actually agree with you here. Mother's do deserve and even earn Mother's Day.

So I retract my entire statement. I am sorry.

:)

And spats, how many times do people need to tell you to stop before you finally stop? You are a woman-hater, and it's so obvious it's pathetic. And you make it even worse by denying it. It is obvious to everyone here that you have an extremely negative opinion of women in general.

Think I'm wrong? I will go back through this thread (in fact, I'll just search your posts on the entire board) and compile every single one of your posts where you complain about women, and prove it to you. Because either you're denying it because you don't want to admit it's true, or you're so ignorant that you honestly can't see it.

I can't believe anything you say. You claim you're in your 30's, yet you act like a Kindergartner screaming "Cooties!" every time you talk about women. I honestly wonder if you're even old enough to belong to this board (you must be at least 13). Your posts betray severe immaturity.

I've already gone through my problems with you, and you completely and utterly ignored my point.

So my last and final statement to you is... STOP! You are annoying and pissing off everyone here. You claim you don't understand why you have such problems getting dates? Guess what? To every single person who reads your posts (myself included, a 22-year-old virgin who's only ever dated 4 girls total and has generally negative experiences in trying to get dates) it's painfully obvious why you're having issues. And can you guess who the problem is?

That's right. You.

And now I'm done with you entirely.

In that case, please forgive me. In fact, I actually agree with you here. Mother's do deserve and even earn Mother's Day.

And spats, how many times do people need to tell you to stop before you finally stop? You are a woman-hater, and it's so obvious it's pathetic. And you make it even worse by denying it. It is obvious to everyone here that you have an extremely negative opinion of women in general.

Think I'm wrong? I will go back through this thread (in fact, I'll just search your posts on the entire board) and compile every single one of your posts where you complain about women, and prove it to you. Because either you're denying it because you don't want to admit it's true, or you're so ignorant that you honestly can't see it.

I can't believe anything you say. You claim you're in your 30's, yet you act like a Kindergartner screaming "Cooties!" every time you talk about women. I honestly wonder if you're even old enough to belong to this board (you must be at least 13). Your posts betray severe immaturity.

I've already gone through my problems with you, and you completely and utterly ignored my point.

So my last and final statement to you is... STOP! You are annoying and pissing off everyone here. You claim you don't understand why you have such problems getting dates? Guess what? To every single person who reads your posts (myself included, a 22-year-old virgin who's only ever dated 4 girls total and has generally negative experiences in trying to get dates) it's painfully obvious why you're having issues. And can you guess who the problem is?

That's right. You.

:yourock:

Nothing like a straight shooter to blow through the bullshit.

the lines have to be re-painted on -sunrise highway, li, ny. last night during the rain, you couldnt even see the lines, folks were waving into lanes. i've drove out of state and the reflective lines on the road are always good. today it was clear and i was looking and saw patches of the lines missing...not good with so much traffic.

That's right. You.

:hysterical::hysterical: Spank dat arse :hysterical::hysterical:

Bonnie, please stop saying i am a woman hater. I am not. You and i get along most of the time. If i hated women i would not get along along with them or have had girlfriends or want another one. if i did hate women i would not want to have anything to do with them. :rolleyes:

Dear spats, I've read enough of your posts to conclude that everytime any girl came near you (in last three years), it all ended up with your not wanting to have anything to do with them, for whatever insignificant, egoistic reason.

Who are you trying to kid, kid?

:rolleyes:

If that is happening in the average woman's day then she made a bad choice in picking her husband or boyfriend. If a woman picked the right guy it would not be like that.

If all women always had such wonderful opportunities or great luck, you'd still be a virgin.

Advocating bad fathers (well, not necessarily bad, just the average ones) by saying that it's again the woman's fault because she made a bad choice is just another proof of what Bonnie said about you.

Now let me tell you something, because your reasoning is totally ridiculous...and, like it or not, misoginistic. You have two options:

a) either you can claim that the mother's role in the inner functioning of the family (including even the choice of her partner) is more important. In that case it's perfectly understandable that the mother's day is given more hype and importance. No other argument necessary.

b ) or you can argue that parental roles should be well-balanced. In THIS case you have to admit the responsibility of the man, once he decided to become a father. So, if he fails to accept the responsibility you claim he should have, it doesn't mean that the woman made a bad choice, it simply means that the man is irresponsible. Again, no other argument necessary.

Deal with it buddy: it's the woman who takes contraception pills, it's the woman who willingly carries a parasite (strictly from a medical point of view) in her body for nine months, it's the woman who undergoes a painful childbirth, it's the woman who breastfeeds the child. There are still societies that rob the woman of all her maternal rights after she has undergone all this. Pushing a buggy down the street so that you can see it and make your precious judgements really cannot compete with that.

Moreover, you're not planning to be a father anyway, so how the hell can something like this become your pet peeve?

your wrong here, bub.

That's bull. There are plenty of good men out there. If a woman is a good judge of character she won't pick a bad guy. And if she is with a lazy bum then she should move on. It's not rocket science.

I will agree finding a great guy can be a daunting job, actually it takes a lot of luck. I can honestly say, i have been in more than a few long term relationships with guys who were exceptional. Two were Scorpios if that helps :) My luck may have run out, but anyway, there are good guys out there. You have to look in the right places to find them.

I agree. And it's hard to find good women too. Very hard. But there are some out there.

Dear spats, I've read enough of your posts to conclude that everytime any girl came near you (in last three years), it all ended up with your not wanting to have anything to do with them, for whatever insignificant, egoistic reason.

Who are you trying to kid, kid?

:rolleyes:

If all women always had such wonderful opportunities or great luck, you'd still be a virgin.

Advocating bad fathers (well, not necessarily bad, just the average ones) by saying that it's again the woman's fault because she made a bad choice is just another proof of what Bonnie said about you.

Now let me tell you something, because your reasoning is totally ridiculous...and, like it or not, misoginistic. You have two options:

a) either you can claim that the mother's role in the inner functioning of the family (including even the choice of her partner) is more important. In that case it's perfectly understandable that the mother's day is given more hype and importance. No other argument necessary.

b ) or you can argue that parental roles should be well-balanced. In THIS case you have to admit the responsibility of the man, once he decided to become a father. So, if he fails to accept the responsibility you claim he should have, it doesn't mean that the woman made a bad choice, it simply means that the man is irresponsible. Again, no other argument necessary.

Deal with it buddy: it's the woman who takes contraception pills, it's the woman who willingly carries a parasite (strictly from a medical point of view) in her body for nine months, it's the woman who undergoes a painful childbirth, it's the woman who breastfeeds the child. There are still societies that rob the woman of all her maternal rights after she has undergone all this. Pushing a buggy down the street so that you can see it and make your precious judgements really cannot compete with that.

Moreover, you're not planning to be a father anyway, so how the hell can something like this become your pet peeve?

That's not the case Kat. I have not been keeping women away from me for insignificant reasons. I have given a bunch of examples and any woman i was not interested in it was for good reasons. And there were quite a few i was interested in but for different reasons it did not happen. But it had nothing to do with me coming up with silly reasons for it not to happen.

Kat it is the woman's fault for hooking up with a bad guy. She made the choice. He is not at fault for being who he is. if a woman is with a guy who does nothing and she does all the work it's her own fault for getting involved with him. Either she is a bad judge of character or she rushed into a marriage or relationship with out getting to know the dude.

The price of food and drink at our baseball games. 5 dollars for a Hot Dog, five dollars for a slice of pizza, 5 dollars and more for pop. 10 dollars for a beer. And the fact that people at the games shell out for it. Pretty much saying that's it's alright if you charge this much.

why can t some men, understand when I say NO, i don t wsnt to go out with you,

and no I will not attend a football match,

or go

to your local and watch a football game,

or go to the cinema.

or go for a pizza,or a walk in the park

I AM NOT BLOODY INTERESTED.

Archived