Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Wishing you lots of luck for tomorrow (as an aside) :D

...and Ninelives, what's the definition of "aside?"

(It's on the vocabulary that they're doing to be doing tuesday, LOL.)

Actually, school starts for the kids on Tuesday. I have a 1/2 day of meetings and getting my classroom put together tomorrow. In short, I'll be fighting over the copy machine. ;)

A certain Head of State who failed to invite our Head of State to the 65th anniversary of the D-Day landings in France.

I don`t know why a thread to the 65th anniversry of D-Day wasn`t started.

We have all seen Saving Private Ryan and I can only imagine the balls its took to get off a Higgins landing craft and be thrown into pure unadulterated white hot metal hell at the age of 19.

...and Ninelives, what's the definition of "aside?"

(It's on the vocabulary that they're doing to be doing tuesday, LOL.)

Actually, school starts for the kids on Tuesday. I have a 1/2 day of meetings and getting my classroom put together tomorrow. In short, I'll be fighting over the copy machine. ;)

Oh that's right - I forgot you had a prep day tomorrow :D I'm so happy you got the position!!! Is your interview tomorrow too?

I don`t know why a thread to the 65th anniversry of D-Day wasn`t started.

We have all seen Saving Private Ryan and I can only imagine the balls its took to get off a Higgins landing craft and be thrown into pure unadulterated white hot metal hell at the age of 19.

I wondered that too. The thing is though, the Queen is the only surviving Head of State, and for many of the veterans - British, in particular - this will be their last chance to remember alongside her. She even contributed to the war effort, for Pete's sake. The fact that she was not invited because Sarkozy supposedly wanted to make it a Franco-American affair disgusts me. Sarkozy isn't there to kiss arse to Obama, he's there to commemorate the 65th anniversary of a momentous occasion - and to be thankful to the people who helped his country.

Not to offend anyone, but it seems that certain people forget that the Allies weren't solely comprised of just the American forces. The British never seem to get the praise they deserve, yet the Normandy Landings were very much a British-based operation. Hollywood always glosses over that fact.

I wondered that too. The thing is though, the Queen is the only surviving Head of State, and for many of the veterans - British, in particular - this will be their last chance to remember alongside her. She even contributed to the war effort, for Pete's sake. The fact that she was not invited because Sarkozy supposedly wanted to make it a Franco-American affair disgusts me. Sarkozy isn't there to kiss arse to Obama, he's there to commemorate the 65th anniversary of a momentous occasion - and to be thankful to the people who helped his country.

Not to offend anyone, but it seems that certain people forget that the Allies weren't solely comprised of just the American forces. The British never seem to get the praise they deserve, yet the Normandy Landings were very much a British-based operation. Hollywood always glosses over that fact.

I will have to get back to you on that one LDS.

We are all aware of the Montgomery versus Eisenhower fude.

I am not aware off hand of the percentage of the nationality of troops the Allies set to Normandy.

Lets not forget about he Canadians either.

Not being able to find a couple of thumb drives I first noticed missing late last week. I feel almost certain I stashed 'em away somewhere so they wouldn't get lost when I was moving stuff. Since they haven't turned up I'm now convinced I must have lost them somewhere. Thankfully, nearly everything on them is backed up. Still, I would love to find them.

I will have to get back to you on that one LDS.

We are all aware of the Montgomery versus Eisenhower fude.

I am not aware off hand of the percentage of the nationality of troops the Allies set to Normandy.

Lets not forget about he Canadians either.

No, I hadn't forgotten about the Canadians, but, then, that wasn't my point. It was purely to do with Sarkozy's failure to invite the British Head of State.

Of the 156,000 Allied troops, 73,000 were American, and a further 83,115 were British and Canadian.

Oh that's right - I forgot you had a prep day tomorrow :D I'm so happy you got the position!!! Is your interview tomorrow too?

Yes, my interview is tomorrow at 3:15pm, (5:15pm your time). I picked up my suit from the cleaners Friday and I'm ready to go! I've got the standards committed to memory (not memorized) and I know what needs to be done for the job!

Other good news: 2 of my friends that I graduated with have contracts now. That means the other two of us don't, but I'm the lucky one out of the two who has a summer school job. ;)

Yes, my interview is tomorrow at 3:15pm, (5:15pm your time). I picked up my suit from the cleaners Friday and I'm ready to go! I've got the standards committed to memory (not memorized) and I know what needs to be done for the job!

Other good news: 2 of my friends that I graduated with have contracts now. That means the other two of us don't, but I'm the lucky one out of the two who has a summer school job. ;)

:cheer: I know you will do great. I have a good feeling about this :D

Pet peeve, meeting men who love their children. Just makes me mad that there are men in the world who don't.

We should be thankful there are still men in the world who do, though....

:lol: I don't know how they stand it in the summer time! I have a pair and I love them because they keep my feet toasty warm in the winter but ewwwww - I can't imagine wearing them now :o

Well they're very cool -- in cool weather, ya? It's amazing what people will do for fashion - shorts, t-shirt, and...Uggs. Uuuuuggghh... I guess I must be out of touch with what's 'fashionable' :blink:

Well they're very cool -- in cool weather, ya? It's amazing what people will do for fashion - shorts, t-shirt, and...Uggs. Uuuuuggghh... I guess I must be out of touch with what's 'fashionable' :blink:

They're great to keep your feet warm but I never got the whole wear them with shorts :lol: I guess I'm out of touch too :blink:;)

We should be thankful there are still men in the world who do, though....

I know it sounded funny. My pet peeve really isn't with all the good fathers in the world :) It's with the ones who don't love their children. I have recently spoken to a few men who are such great dads and it just makes me wonder how any dad can abandon their own child. I hope those men feel guilt eating away at their soul every day.

Don't you just hate backwards pictures? You're staring at a photo, thinking, "There's something wrong here, but I'm not sure what..." and then it hits you - it's not that the person's nose is on crooked, it's because the picture's been reversed! Fix your scanner, genius!

Spam messages that come from me. I know what I'm doing when I'm online. How is it that I'm unknowingly sending myself spam messages?

On the other hand... how can I do that? I'd love to send a message to someone but make it look like it came from them, like they sent it to themselves. That would be so cool. It'd be like I'm in their house... scaring them...

:shifty:

Spam messages that come from me. I know what I'm doing when I'm online. How is it that I'm unknowingly sending myself spam messages?

On the other hand... how can I do that? I'd love to send a message to someone but make it look like it came from them, like they sent it to themselves. That would be so cool. It'd be like I'm in their house... scaring them...

:shifty:

You used to be able to do that with Netscape's e-mail program about, oh, 10 years ago. Maybe you still can; I haven't used Netscape in a long time. But yeah, I used to post to a couple of newsgroups through whatever Netscape's e-mail/newsreader program was called, but I wanted to save that e-mail address for personal stuff, so I had it set up so it would show my posts as coming from a Hotmail account I had rather than the one linked to the Netscape program. Cut down on spam quite a lot.

You could really abuse that if you wanted to, though, totally...I thought about starting fake fights between my friends by posing as one of them and insulting the other, but I'm not mean like that. :D

The guy I'm currently dating has not once offered to pay whenever he takes me out. Thus far we've gone Dutch every time. I'm one of those people who believes that whoever does the asking out pays...well, that hasn't happened. Such a Led Wallet. <_< I let it slide the first time, but if it happens again, I think I'll break things off.

The guy I'm currently dating has not once offered to pay whenever he takes me out. Thus far we've gone Dutch every time. I'm one of those people who believes that whoever does the asking out pays...well, that hasn't happened. Such a Led Wallet. <_< I let it slide the first time, but if it happens again, I think I'll break things off.

with any luck spats won't see this post

Archived