Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I can't stand pharmacies. Today I went to get my prescription, and they told me it would take about 30 min. I needed to do some shopping, but I browsed extra long just to make sure it would be ready when I went back. When I finally go to pick it up, they tell me it is out of stock. :slapface:

I can't stand pharmacies. Today I went to get my prescription, and they told me it would take about 30 min. I needed to do some shopping, but I browsed extra long just to make sure it would be ready when I went back. When I finally go to pick it up, they tell me it is out of stock. :slapface:

Next time call in your prescription and pick it up at your convenience. The out of stock thing sucks, but if you call to order, most pharmacies will call you back within the hour if they are out of your medication.

Pet Peeve, people who honk at you when the traffic is jammed and you can't go anywhere, they get the finger, :)

Pet Peeve, people who honk at you when the traffic is jammed and you can't go anywhere, they get the finger, :)

Or the asshats who ride on your ass when there's a red light 300 yards ahead of you. "Hey jackass, where do you want me to go?"

*Random bumper sticker idea: I can't go faster than the car in front of me dumbass.

Or the asshats who ride on your ass when there's a red light 300 yards ahead of you. "Hey jackass, where do you want me to go?"

*Random bumper sticker idea: I can't go faster than the car in front of me dumbass.

Sounds like a great idea! I envy people who don't get upset over idiot drivers.

They repeat them because they're hoping to raise money. I don't have any problem with that as I am a big supporter of public television :)

Just a small request - can you not type in all caps please - feels like you're shouting :) Thanks!

No problem! I think I just did the caps to differentiate from the other text. Not to shout.

I don't mind the pledge breaks-I think they'd be more effective if the announcers didn't repeat them selves so much.

Good idea for the bumper sticker! I hate anyone who rides my ass-the ones that really kill me are the jerks who could switch lanes, but DON'T! A few times I've almost been forced off the road by people on my ass. It's SO frustrating-I was rear ended twice in 1997 & had back pain for years.

When people get so close, I feel forced to speed (I can't afford a ticket) because I am scared someone will hit me again.

I saw a funny bumper sticker: "I bet Jesus used his turn signals."

Good idea for the bumper sticker! I hate anyone who rides my ass-the ones that really kill me are the jerks who could switch lanes, but DON'T! A few times I've almost been forced off the road by people on my ass. It's SO frustrating-I was rear ended twice in 1997 & had back pain for years.

When people get so close, I feel forced to speed (I can't afford a ticket) because I am scared someone will hit me again.

I saw a funny bumper sticker: "I bet Jesus used his turn signals."

I was taught in commercial driving school that when someone is tailgating you the correct thing to do is increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front of you, in other words slow down but don't hit your brakes.

Try it some time the tail gaters always go around or back off.

I was taught in commercial driving school that when someone is tailgating you the correct thing to do is increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front of you, in other words slow down but don't hit your brakes.

Try it some time the tail gaters always go around or back off.

Either that or throw your coffee out the window :)

Another automotive pet peeve: People in America who call the left lane the "fast" lane. No it isn't. It's the passing lane. Try driving in Germany. Everybody keeps right unless passing. It's beautiful! The problem here is mostly confined to major cities. Get out on the highway with the truckers and watch the natural flow at work. Bottom line: if someone's coming up behind you in the left lane, move over and let them go on. Especially if it's me going by! ;)

And if you're on a two-lane road, use the frickin turnouts!!!! :rolleyes:

Re: the pledge breaks on PBS. I understand they interrupt so frequently in order to encourage everyone to donate. Unfortunately it has the exact opposite effect on me which is to change the channel. Surely there's a better way to drum up support for Public television.

Re: the pledge breaks on PBS. I understand they interrupt so frequently in order to encourage everyone to donate. Unfortunately it has the exact opposite effect on me which is to change the channel. Surely there's a better way to drum up support for Public television.

Hell, I'd prefer a message scrolling across the bottom of the screen! :lol:

No problem! I think I just did the caps to differentiate from the other text. Not to shout.

I don't mind the pledge breaks-I think they'd be more effective if the announcers didn't repeat them selves so much.

Thanks - much appreciated :beer:

My hair is a pet peeve. I had been contemplating on buying a new curling iron for the past week, and I finally gave in and bought one. When I tried to curl it, it wouldn't hold a curl if my life depended on it. I tried all the tips on the internet, nothing. My hair is straight as a a board, and I've worn it straight down for the past 5 years. I thought it could use a change, but I guess not. Must be my Native American heritage. :P

My hair is a pet peeve. I had been contemplating on buying a new curling iron for the past week, and I finally gave in and bought one. When I tried to curl it, it wouldn't hold a curl if my life depended on it. I tried all the tips on the internet, nothing. My hair is straight as a a board, and I've worn it straight down for the past 5 years. I thought it could use a change, but I guess not. Must be my Native American heritage. :P

I sometimes put my hair up in a messy bun whilst it's still wet. By the time it's dry it's wavy to curly. Curling iron's are usually good, but I don't like the idea of how much damage they can do.

people who feel they have to be vulgar to make a point.

Guilty. I have a potty mouth. However in my case it's not a matter of having to, it's just how me and my friends have talked forever. It's lazy speak actually. I admit it.

Sorry if I've offended any of you f......folks. ;)

Try a product called Angell by Deva Curl. It's a curling gel and it's pretty good at giving some body to straight hair.

Try a product called Angell by Deva Curl. It's a curling gel and it's pretty good at giving some body to straight hair.

I figured I needed some product and a haircut. I haven't gotten one in almost 2 years because I had a bad experience with a hair dresser last time. I told her I just wanted a trim because I kept it long, and she couldn't brush my hair out after she washed it. And she talked me into cutting it shorter. (Right were the knot she couldn't work out was.) I just gave in because I was tired of her yanking on my head.

I figured I needed some product and a haircut. I haven't gotten one in almost 2 years because I had a bad experience with a hair dresser last time. I told her I just wanted a trim because I kept it long, and she couldn't brush my hair out after she washed it. And she talked me into cutting it shorter. (Right were the knot she couldn't work out was.) I just gave in because I was tired of her yanking on my head.

Go in right after you've taken a shower, while you're hair's still wet. Any time I've done that, they don't try to wash my hair, they just cut it. (I've got thick, bushy hair, so I don't like other people washing it or trying to comb it.)

Archived