Pet Peeves

Hotplant

The fact that I'm a total klutzy spaz is my pet peeve of the moment. I look like I live with a wife beater, but it's all totally MY DOING!

I slam my hand against the end table, now the top of it is scraped up and bleeding.

I stumble while walking to get the mail, now I'm limping.

I put my laptop down on the coffee table, making the coffee splash out of my mug.

The fact that I'm a total klutzy spaz is my pet peeve of the moment. I look like I live with a wife beater, but it's all totally MY DOING!

I slam my hand against the end table, now the top of it is scraped up and bleeding.

I stumble while walking to get the mail, now I'm limping.

I put my laptop down on the coffee table, making the coffee splash out of my mug.

Don't feel too bad; I accidentally whacked myself in the lip with my water bottle while I was running last night :blink:

Bumfights.

I don't get it. How can people enjoy it? Watching someone who gets humiliated? Stupid people eat popcorns and laugh at homeless people who fight for 10$???

And the homeless guys, they are doing that for- what?- A few dollars is not the price of your pride. :angry:

Yep. The other day, somehow I got behind somebody doing 40 mph on the freeway. I figured it was just another backup, but no, it was just this one guy. Unfortunately, then he got off at the same off-ramp I did, and get this - he slammed on his brakes like, "Oh shit, I'm going to lose control because I'm going to fast!!" <_< Seriously, he was going so slow he could've punched on the gas coming off the freeway and would've been fine, but the way he was acting, you'd think he was doing 80 or something. I don't know if he was old or on drugs or what.

Maybe he was on his cell phone. I saw a guy riding a motorcycle, yesterday, talking on his cell phone. He was holding the phone with just his head and shoulder.

when i bought beer today and heard the price, and was like, i think i have some singles...didnt have any, but then thought i had the change and didnt have that either, 9 cents. so i tried to make a joke, i said i guess i dont have my mind on my money. big pause...then i said, or my money on my mind. still there was no reaction. god bless no reactions.

Proselytizers. Again.

I'm a bit hesitant to name the particular type of Proselytizer, namely because I guarantee it will bring certain people out of the word work in an attempt to derail this thread into yet another "god debate". And I just came out and said it... it was an Atheist... or Anti-Theist, as he so gleefully called himself.

I won't go into any specific rebuttal, but... I'm getting sick of this... proselytizers in general are evil. I'm not telling you how to live, what to believe, what to eat, what to drink, how to treat others/animals/myself, and so on, so why can't you just leave me alone? Please?

Proselytizers. Again.

I'm a bit hesitant to name the particular type of Proselytizer, namely because I guarantee it will bring certain people out of the word work in an attempt to derail this thread into yet another "god debate". And I just came out and said it... it was an Atheist... or Anti-Theist, as he so gleefully called himself.

I won't go into any specific rebuttal, but... I'm getting sick of this... proselytizers in general are evil. I'm not telling you how to live, what to believe, what to eat, what to drink, how to treat others/animals/myself, and so on, so why can't you just leave me alone? Please?

Best thing you can do is just walk away. If you start feeling like you can't say this or that, then, essentially they've won. They're not respecting your feelings/opinions/believes, and they sure as shit aren't respecting those of which they say they're speaking of. People who react so negatively when speaking of their 'cause', aren't speaking about that cause at all.

I have a 'friend' who claims, on behalf of her 'brothers and sisters', that she's 'fighting' for Gaza. In her eyes, fighting for Gaza means burning the Israeli flag, smearing it with blood, burning the British flag (she's born here), protesting violently in my town center, accusing all Jews of genocide/being Nazis, accusing our government of genocide etc. So vehemently is she in her protests that I think, 'Yeah, okay, you're not really fighting on behalf of Gaza at all. are you?' Instead her true nature lies with being just plainly anti-semitic. She just found the relevant 'bandwagon' to hop onto. Many of these proselytizers are exactly the same.

Nathan, just walk the hell away from these people. Don't look at them, don't roll your eyes at them, don't even say anything. Just turn and walk away. That's what I do. If some Mormon missionary or Jehovah's Witness person comes to the door, I either don't bother answering it or if I do, I say "I'm not interested" and shut the door. End of. They don't come back, I don't have to worry about them anymore.

You're letting yourself get worked up over something that isn't worth your time.

Nathan - LDW and Electrophile are right. Just walk away from people like that. It's not worth getting into because the more you show them you're upset, the more they'll go at it. It's not always easy because sometimes what they say is so out of the realm of your own thoughts but in the long run, your peace of mind will thank you.

Maybe he was on his cell phone. I saw a guy riding a motorcycle, yesterday, talking on his cell phone. He was holding the phone with just his head and shoulder.

ON A MOTORCYCLE?! :slapface: Oh man, don't even get me started on cell phones, lol. And now people are texting while driving? I hope they crash and get what they deserve (as long as it doesn't take anyone else out with them). :angry: I've HAD it with that crap. And I hate that this state is completely ignoring the problem that it's your concentration that suffers, not the fact that you're only driving with one hand (you can still use a headset legally, you see). ARGHFHDLAMADK!!! Yeah.

Nathan - I agree with whoever said to just stay away from wherever you're encountering these people. Unless they're coming to your door, in which case I advise a big sign that says, "F**K OFF! please" (you don't want to be impolite, heh). The point is that they're fanatics, and there's no changing their minds. You know how you can't help drug addicts until they want to help themselves first? Same thing, in my mind. I sympathize on the issue, though...I really don't understand the drive to tell other people how to think all the time, although there apparently is quite a big one in some people.

Nathan - LDW and Electrophile are right. Just walk away from people like that. It's not worth getting into because the more you show them you're upset, the more they'll go at it. It's not always easy because sometimes what they say is so out of the realm of your own thoughts but in the long run, your peace of mind will thank you.

I just offer to say the Lord's Prayer with them.

Usually does the trick.

Best thing you can do is just walk away. If you start feeling like you can't say this or that, then, essentially they've won. They're not respecting your feelings/opinions/believes, and they sure as shit aren't respecting those of which they say they're speaking of. People who react so negatively when speaking of their 'cause', aren't speaking about that cause at all.

Agreed.

I have a 'friend' who claims, on behalf of her 'brothers and sisters', that she's 'fighting' for Gaza. In her eyes, fighting for Gaza means burning the Israeli flag, smearing it with blood, burning the British flag (she's born here), protesting violently in my town center, accusing all Jews of genocide/being Nazis, accusing our government of genocide etc. So vehemently is she in her protests that I think, 'Yeah, okay, you're not really fighting on behalf of Gaza at all. are you?' Instead her true nature lies with being just plainly anti-semitic. She just found the relevant 'bandwagon' to hop onto. Many of these proselytizers are exactly the same.

That's disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Nathan, just walk the hell away from these people. Don't look at them, don't roll your eyes at them, don't even say anything. Just turn and walk away. That's what I do. If some Mormon missionary or Jehovah's Witness person comes to the door, I either don't bother answering it or if I do, I say "I'm not interested" and shut the door. End of. They don't come back, I don't have to worry about them anymore.

You're letting yourself get worked up over something that isn't worth your time.

It's not the door-to-door ones. Ever since the incident that inspired my rewrite of Nobody's Fault but Mine, I haven't had problems with them (actually, after a year, one knocked at the door, and it turned out we knew each other, and we ended up having a respectful, and rather fun, 2-hour debate... that was actually exciting).

It's the ones specifically in downtown Atlanta. If I happen to be wearing my USY shirt or any shirt "exposing" me as Jewish, I literally get followed by idiots who insist on converting me specifically. I did get one arrested once, but, mostly, there are no cops around and I have to deal with some asshole who's never seen me before following me and yelling at me about how Hell awaits all unrepentant Jews and shit.

I'm not the only one experiencing this, either. My old USY group has sort of "hooked up" online, and this is one of the biggest complaints on that little group. And it's been happening more and more lately. The proseytizers are starting to get aggressive (well... moreso then usual).

Oh I know. I try... I really do...

Nathan - I agree with whoever said to just stay away from wherever you're encountering these people. Unless they're coming to your door, in which case I advise a big sign that says, "F**K OFF! please" (you don't want to be impolite, heh). The point is that they're fanatics, and there's no changing their minds. You know how you can't help drug addicts until they want to help themselves first? Same thing, in my mind. I sympathize on the issue, though...I really don't understand the drive to tell other people how to think all the time, although there apparently is quite a big one in some people.

I can't stay away from the area. I'm in the city about once a week to hang out with friends. We usually meat up in Centennial Park, eat lunch near there, head to the Underground, then every once in a while we'll head out to Little 5 Points for dinner and nightlife (we didn't this time, though, mainly because the specific ass I ranted about kind of ruined the day for us... the whole group, not just me).

It's the ones specifically in downtown Atlanta. If I happen to be wearing my USY shirt or any shirt "exposing" me as Jewish, I literally get followed by idiots who insist on converting me specifically. I did get one arrested once, but, mostly, there are no cops around and I have to deal with some asshole who's never seen me before following me and yelling at me about how Hell awaits all unrepentant Jews and shit.

I'm not the only one experiencing this, either. My old USY group has sort of "hooked up" online, and this is one of the biggest complaints on that little group. And it's been happening more and more lately. The proseytizers are starting to get aggressive (well... moreso then usual).

Those holier-than-thou types can really try your patience.

Usually I take a deep breath and pray for them and ask God to give me strength.

Usually I tell them that He loves me.

And of course He loves me no matter what they say.

It was my mistake. Let me point out I've been bringing entire mp3 shows to people via 11k since 1998. I do NOT play. It seems Joel is calling himself a girl and if I were you I'd get over it.

Frick.

Meant for 9 lives.

Oh yeah I love you guys. I need some zeppage L8R

It was my mistake. Let me point out I've been bringing entire mp3 shows to people via 11k since 1998. I do NOT play. It seems Joel is calling himself a girl and if I were you I'd get over it.

Frick.

Meant for 9 lives.

Oh yeah I love you guys. I need some zeppage L8R

I can't believe you haven't been hit by a bus yet...or have you?

Take your meds and chill bitch-eyes!

Archived