Pet Peeves

Hotplant

What's wrong with our accents? :unsure:

I thought we Yanks were the ones with the accents! Afterall, you made the shit up, right? :D

Personally I love the "British accent". I'm certain I imitate it more than you do mine! ;)

"Ova deah." ;)

Hey, my mudda is from de Bronx okay? If I had a nickle fer evry time she cawled me and my bruther "youz kidz"! Still does! :D

Course, Dad was from Queens. Hence my feeling of entitlement! :hysterical:

Evster, your up for the next reality show in the -uk that requires an american host. i could actually imagine that, you would be great. but just dont do an ny accent, please.

What's wrong with our accents? :unsure:

Are you havin a laugh LDW or what?

There are far too many, and everyone indecipherable from the other, whenever i go abroard like "Up Norf" i always take an interpreter. :lol:

I would rather hear an American, Australian, Canadian or New Zealand Accent that any from those above the Watford Gap or West past Reading, and as far as i'm concerned "Geordies" are a cross breed between the Scotch and Pigs, enough said. ;)

I think that the Americans have done more for the English language than all Britain put together, we just will not move on.

Regards, Danny

PS, That what i wrote about Geordies is an Old Colloquialism, not my biggoted view i must add, for i would have wrote much worse. :o

Are you havin a laugh LDW or what?

There are far too many, and everyone indecipherable from the other, whenever i go abroard like "Up Norf" i always take an interpreter. :lol:

I would rather hear an American, Australian, Canadian or New Zealand Accent that any from those above the Watford Gap or West past Reading, and as far as i'm concerned "Geordies" are a cross breed between the Scotch and Pigs, enough said. ;)

I think that the Americans have done more for the English language than all Britain put together, we just will not move on.

Regards, Danny

PS, That what i wrote about Geordies is an Old Colloquialism, not my biggoted view i must add, for i would have wrote much worse. :o

My family are Geordies...

My family are Geordies...

OOOOps, Sorry LDW, just my Cockney Humour getting the better of me again, my humblest appologies to you.

Thought they were from Whitechapel, how did the Geordies get involved, i know they are the descendants of the Vikings and all that, so i hope nothing improper happened?

Regards, Danny

PS, Please say, "Whale Oil Beef Hooked" very fast in a Geordie accent and let us know how you get on? :o

In a guy, the sexiest accent in the world . . .

If you could understand a word he said that is, i would still have to say "no" though.

(I could go on, but I won't. <_< )

Many Thanks. :yay:

Many guys feel the same about the female of the species. ;)

Sorry Luv, count me out of this one, but if she were to have a Welsh Accent crossed with a Southern Droooool, well thats a different story, i do like a woman with a "Rebel Yell" you know.?

Regards, Danny

OOOOps, Sorry LDW, just my Cockney Humour getting the better of me again, my humblest appologies to you.

Thought they were from Whitechapel, how did the Geordies get involved, i know they are the descendants of the Vikings and all that, so i hope nothing improper happened?

Regards, Danny

PS, Please say, "Whale Oil Beef Hooked" very fast in a Geordie accent and let us know how you get on? :o

No worries.

Me dad's mam was a Geordie, me dad's dad was from Whitechapel.

I did the 'Whale Oil Beef Hooked' thing and it just sounded like I was pulling off a bad Irish accent.

No worries.

Me dad's mam was a Geordie, me dad's dad was from Whitechapel.

I did the 'Whale Oil Beef Hooked' thing and it just sounded like I was pulling off a bad Irish accent.

Well LDW at least you were game for a laugh, and i'm sure your Irish accent would fool most of us.

I'm off to bed now young lady, be sure you're not long in following me, your bed not mine, night night, god bless, whatever already. :kiss:

Regards, Danny

In a guy, the sexiest accent in the world . . .

(I could go on, but I won't. <_< )

Many guys feel the same about the female of the species. ;)

I have to agree with you on this one. My female friends all love men with British accents, as well as Scottish (it must be the Sean Connery thing, as a lot of women I know are crazy about him).

As for me, I absolutely love a British accent on a girl (as do most of my male friends). I was in heaven when I was in London (and not just because of the Zep reunion gig). :D

i'll tell yall one thing about the -maine accent... our childhood friends/family own an island up there and we were up there alot of times as kids with our neighbors/friends. but as adults travelling up there, we stopped for directions and i couldnt understand anything....but was writing it down....like left at the slate quarry or whatever it was. but by the third or fourth time...i realized how much people dont talk enough.

I have to agree with you on this one. My female friends all love men with British accents, as well as Scottish (it must be the Sean Connery thing, as a lot of women I know are crazy about him).

As for me, I absolutely love a British accent on a girl (as do most of my male friends). I was in heaven when I was in London (and not just because of the Zep reunion gig). :D

I love Scottish accents too :D But nothing to do with Sean Connery. Just love 'em as I do English accents.

Is it just me, or is the whole idea of Highlander's casting hysterical?

(Sean Connery's agent) Hello, Sean?

Yesh.

I have a script for you.

Wonderful!

Every character in the film is a Scottish Highlander!

Fantashtic!

Except you. You play a Spanish nobleman!

What? Okay, let me try thish. Hallo, my name ish Ramirez. I come from Madrid.

Only in Hollywood!!! :beer:

Is it just me, or is the whole idea of Highlander's casting hysterical?

(Sean Connery's agent) Hello, Sean?

Yesh.

I have a script for you.

Wonderful!

Every character in the film is a Scottish Highlander!

Fantashtic!

Except you. You play a Spanish nobleman!

What? Okay, let me try thish. Hallo, my name ish Ramirez. I come from Madrid.

Only in Hollywood!!! :beer:

Not to mention his Russian Sub Commander Ramius in Hunt For Red October!

Well, I was talking specifically about Geordie accents in guys (and girls), not all British accents being the same (though some of them are Scottish!), but I'm with your female friends about Sean Connery. :D

so many british accents on american tv.

does that mean i could get a job speaking new yauk over there?

I LOVE most British accents. The only exception is the version spoken on the show Eastenders-I can't understand most of what they're saying.

My peeve with accents is Southern ones (US). Some are ok, but others make me want to scream, like when they say NAAAAAN (9), FAAAAAAV (5) etc. and drag everything out forever. Especially if the people speaking them are rude. And what's with this: I understand the use of y'all, but why do they need ALL Y'ALL?! It's redundant!

A pet peeve of mine? Apart from idiot drivers? I can't stand deception and dishonesty.

Ditto.

I LOVE most British accents. The only exception is the version spoken on the show Eastenders-I can't understand most of what they're saying.

My peeve with accents is Southern ones (US). Some are ok, but others make me want to scream, like when they say NAAAAAN (9), FAAAAAAV (5) etc. and drag everything out forever. Especially if the people speaking them are rude. And what's with this: I understand the use of y'all, but why do they need ALL Y'ALL?! It's redundant!

I like Southern accents :)

Archived