Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I wear ghetto stuff that actually fits me. :-). It's only my shorts though, I just cant stand "regular" shorts. Especially those kind that don't cover your kneecap- it makes guys look gay in my opinion. I usually wear Dickies or Ecko, and polo shirts or a band shirt of some kind.

I wear ghetto stuff that actually fits me. :-). It's only my shorts though, I just cant stand "regular" shorts. Especially those kind that don't cover your kneecap- it makes guys look gay in my opinion. I usually wear Dickies or Ecko, and polo shirts or a band shirt of some kind.

So shorts that don't cover your knees = homosexuality.

Thank you for enlightening us all.

So shorts that don't cover your knees = homosexuality.

Thank you for enlightening us all.

I think he's about my kid's age- they say "gay" in a different way now, even the gay ones! I don't think it's meant to be an insult, but a better choice of words would definately be preferable.

Boys I went to school with for jnco jeans. I thought those were hideous. LOL

jnco jeans...

I had a (female) friend who had those, and I thought they were hideous! LOL

Now there are kids at the junior high school that I'm student teaching at who have them literally at their knees! There is one boy in particular, who I love, that has pants that are like that and we give him some good-natured crap about it. I asked him one day, "Hey D____, how do you run if you need to with those pants binding up your knees?"

Another day, my mentor teacher and I were giggling about a group of boys walking down the halls with one hand holding up their pants, one hand holding their books, and one of the girls that is the same age as said boys said to us, "what is the point of that?" We had been whispering about it, and it just made us completely lose it.

ROFL

Boys I went to school with for jnco jeans. I thought those were hideous. LOL

jnco jeans...

I had a (female) friend who had those, and I thought they were hideous! LOL

Now there are kids at the junior high school that I'm student teaching at who have them literally at their knees! There is one boy in particular, who I love, that has pants that are like that and we give him some good-natured crap about it. I asked him one day, "Hey D____, how do you run if you need to with those pants binding up your knees?"

Another day, my mentor teacher and I were giggling about a group of boys walking down the halls with one hand holding up their pants, one hand holding their books, and one of the girls that is the same age as said boys said to us, "what is the point of that?" We had been whispering about it, and it just made us completely lose it.

ROFL

They are too lazy to dress properly Manders. The other day I saw a group of teens on the sidewalk dressed in those "prison pants." I was walking down the sidewalk. The one black kid decided he was gonna walk directly in front of me, I had laptop in bag and was moving pretty quickly. But I know he saw me because he looked straight at me.

I ran over him, knocked him down, looked at his pals and kept going, three of them and moved on. That one was too lazy to get outta my way and couldnt dress. I just kept laughing and moving.

Twits.

What?

You gotta have moving sidewalks or a horn on everyone :blink:

zepbaby

m_fd60ceb5de3180059eb7ca9a7985af3c.gif

I refuse to wear anything that makes me look unprofessional. That's always been me though. The dress doesn't make the man, buuuuut it sure wont hurt either. Plus my associates would think I'd gone nuts.

zepbaby

Yeah, not that many guys look good in a dress.

You did... just now. My comment didn't have anything to do with sex. :whistling:

Had something to do with men wearing dresses, chuckles, that obviously pertains to the sex of an individual which is sexist?

>>>

Yep, I sure did. :D

You have my underdog outfit. Sorry.

zepbaby

I hate baggy pants. The droopy Hip-hop things and even what I call the "Gentlemans baggy pants" like some of the older rock stars like the Eagles wore on their last DVD. If Keith Richards ever starts wearing baggy pants I'm done going to Stones concerts.

I also hate shorts on men. It just isn't rock n' roll in short pants.

I think the late 60's early 70's rock style was great! Just look at Robert Plant in The Song Remains The Some. That was Great Rock N' Roll Style. Back then the men showed they could be flamboyant, (Did I spell that word right?) and yet very tastefull. Now it seems as if men are supposed to look plain. It just seems funny to me when I see a woman dressed really sexy and she's with some guy in baggy pants.

I have that DVD, and I believe Don Henley was wearing cargo pants and Joe Walsh, bless his eccentrism, was wearing pajama pants. Why? Because he can. I don't think that's in the same league as the "jeans down your ankles" category that today's youth assaults our eyes with.

The Eagles, as much as I love them, are in their 60s now, and frankly.....I don't want to see 60 year old men trying to squeeze back into the tight jeans they wore 35 years ago. Henley looked good in them then....but that was 1977.

I didn't mean to say it was in the same league as "jeans down to your ankles". Sorry about that. But I just can't function in baggy pants.

I can't wear baggy pants either, so I get that. It's just when older guys where looser pants, it's more because they're too old to wear tight pants, rather than some young dudes trying to look "hip" and "with it".

Stupid drivers. I don't mean the everyday driver who oops makes a stupid mistake and almost misses the stop sign. I'm talking about the people who pull out from a side street to make a turn onto a busy street and don't look both ways before rolling into traffic.

Archived