Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Same here. Particularly when they make a politically incendiary remark in a political thread. They should expect some blow back. If I was to say "the root of all the problems we have in this country right now are due to a bunch of idiots voting in a guy who's not only a Muslim but wasn't even born in this country and shouldn't be president in the first place". Well, that would obviously be my opinion but I highly doubt that those "idiots" would let it go without saying "where's your proof? Post a link to where you got that info." etc. It's to be expected in political arguments.

Uncle Bill, wanna know another of my pet peeves? People, such as Uncle Bill, who refer to "they" and "people" when they clearly have a particular person in mind but don't have either the courtesy or the cojones to name them. In this particular instance, I am referring to you, and your posts which clearly refer to me, although you will undoubtedly claim you were thinking of someone else and oh how ironic that I should see myself in your remarks.

With regard to this issue, I made my feelings--yes, my opinion--clear in my post above, and won't be goaded into amplifying on it, since (and this is another of my pet peeves) you are clearly trying to provoke an argument, a stance in which you are by no means alone.

I can let it go, how about you?

If I was to say "the root of all the problems we have in this country right now are due to a bunch of idiots voting in a guy who's not only a Muslim but wasn't even born in this country and shouldn't be president in the first place". Well, that would obviously be my opinion but I highly doubt that those "idiots" would let it go without saying "where's your proof? Post a link to where you got that info." etc. It's to be expected in political arguments.

I would laugh out loud if that were truly your opinion.

Uncle Bill, wanna know another of my pet peeves? People, such as Uncle Bill, who refer to "they" and "people" when they clearly have a particular person in mind but don't have either the courtesy or the cojones to name them.

You mean like:

"For about the third time, I'm reading a thread in which someone is accused of making a statement of fact when they were clearly stating their opinion. I think we've lost sight of common sense on this one."

I can let it go, how about you?

You brought this up again, not me, I was more than willing to let it go last week. You seem to want to continue to argue for some reason. I don't. Please let it go. Have a nice day. :)

Poeple who stop a song before it has finished, it's really annoys me. My sister takes great joy in stopping STH before the ending <_<

I hate when the dj's/radio stations do this. There a few songs i don't really like, but enjoy the ending, and so when i listen just for that reason, and don't get to hear it, it's aggravating. But especially songs i really love. Just let it play the last few seconds, damn :)

In my opinion there is no God.

I honestly can't say whether there is or there is not. I don't think that's something humanity will ever know with certainty. It's far easier to for me to feel that I am not equipped to answer that question than to take a hard line either way.

I hate when the dj's/radio stations do this. There a few songs i don't really like, but enjoy the ending, and so when i listen just for that reason, and don't get to hear it, it's aggravating. But especially songs i really love. Just let it play the last few seconds, damn :)

Not to put you on the spot, but I'd be interested to know which songs you just like the endings of, just out of curiosity. :) But yeah, I hate when DJs talk over the ends of songs, even if I don't like them. Just don't do it, man - it's not cool!

I honestly can't say whether there is or there is not. I don't think that's something humanity will ever know with certainty. It's far easier to for me to feel that I am not equipped to answer that question than to take a hard line either way.

I'm actually an agnostic atheist.

You mean like:

"For about the third time, I'm reading a thread in which someone is accused of making a statement of fact when they were clearly stating their opinion. I think we've lost sight of common sense on this one."

Nice try--again, obviously this didn't refer to one person in particular (unlike your pointed reference), but several. You're not the only culprit, as I said in my previous post.

This forum is way too unpleasant for me, right now. See you in a while, guys.

Not to put you on the spot, but I'd be interested to know which songs you just like the endings of, just out of curiosity. :) But yeah, I hate when DJs talk over the ends of songs, even if I don't like them. Just don't do it, man - it's not cool!

When i wrote this the song that really came to mind was Journey's "Any way you want it"... some others i can think of are Tom Petty's "Learning to fly", i like the bird chirping at the end, lol, and one i heard today, Genesis (and they are one of my top 5 favorite bands of all time, but some songs i don't love all the way through) "Just a Job to Do"... i turned it off and flipped stations, and wound up coming back to it for the ending (not on purpose)!

I wasn't even thinking about when the dj talks over the ending... that's just as bad!

Not cool at all!

Example: I just keep Ramballain! Sing my song/baby bay bay! I'm gonna Ramble on sing my son..."KLOS 95.5 rock radio".

or: "and she's buying a st..rock radio with music from Led Zeppelin and Stairway to Heaven...."

Why is it when dj's can see how many seconds are left to a track feel it right to just break in a say "enough"?

At least Jim Ladd dovetails it into another song and makes art of it!! :beer:

Quit listening to terrestrial radio. Go internet or if you can, get satellite. Don't listen to what a bunch of corporate drones want you to listen to, commercials and all. There's no point.

Don't know if you were addressing my posts Liz. I recommend Jim Ladd for a genuine listening treat. Probably can stream him from his MySpace: MySpace.com/jimladd

The legendary dj from the 70s (and as a Floyd fan you know, the dj from Radio KAOS) is still going strong! :beer:

Don't know if you were addressing my posts Liz. I recommend Jim Ladd for a genuine listening treat. Probably can stream him from his MySpace: MySpace.com/jimladd

The legendary dj from the 70s (and as a Floyd fan you know, the dj from Radio KAOS) is still going strong! :beer:

I love listening to Jim Ladd when I can. He really explores the music. I've learned alot of cool information by listening to his "Free form " show. Just have to tune out the commercials.

Since I'm here on this thread I finally found something I'd like to vent about. My Boss. He is always hacking, snorting, and hocking up mucus and spitting into his trash and I find it just rude and disrupting to the office. He probably has some respritory issue that causes it but I think is it's mostly bad habit now. It drives me crazy. :wacko: I have to turn up my radio to drown him out. Ok, I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

When i wrote this the song that really came to mind was Journey's "Any way you want it"... some others i can think of are Tom Petty's "Learning to fly", i like the bird chirping at the end, lol, and one i heard today, Genesis (and they are one of my top 5 favorite bands of all time, but some songs i don't love all the way through) "Just a Job to Do"... i turned it off and flipped stations, and wound up coming back to it for the ending (not on purpose)!

I wasn't even thinking about when the dj talks over the ending... that's just as bad!

Interesting... The bird chirping is kinda cool on Learning to Fly, isn't it? I can't remember how Any Way You Want It ends...I'll have to go listen to it, hehe. Anyway, thanks for indulging my curiosity! It seems like whenever somebody asks me something like that, then I can't think of an example to save my life, lol.

Quit listening to terrestrial radio. Go internet or if you can, get satellite. Don't listen to what a bunch of corporate drones want you to listen to, commercials and all. There's no point.

Oh yeah, I love satellite radio! Unfortunately, I don't have it in my car, but I wish I did - it's totally worth the money! I love the Outlaw Country and Classic Vinyl stations on XM...oh, and the blues channel! Can't forget that! Yep, I'm definitely a satellite radio addict.

I'll definitely have to check out Jim Ladd...I've heard of him before (Floyd), but I didn't know he had a program now.

Archived