Pet Peeves

Hotplant

^LOL

I've had quite a few people pull out in front of me from a driveway of a shopping center lately where I have had to completely stop on a main roadbefore I can continue becuase they're too stupid to learn the laws of the road.

^LOL

I've had quite a few people pull out in front of me from a driveway of a shopping center lately where I have had to completely stop on a main roadbefore I can continue becuase they're too stupid to learn the laws of the road.

I absolutely can't stand that! That's when you'll hear me in my car yelling "go back to drivers ed!".

Stupid drivers. I don't mean the everyday driver who oops makes a stupid mistake and almost misses the stop sign. I'm talking about the people who pull out from a side street to make a turn onto a busy street and don't look both ways before rolling into traffic.

A driver should have better depth perspective when seeing oncoming cars as they pull out of a side street. But when the speed limit is 35mph for instance and a car is approaching at 50mph, they'll come up on that car that much quicker. So maybe the car pulling out feels they've given enough space when in actuality the approaching car is in the wrong for exceeding the limit.

Don't get angry when someone pulls out and your going too fast for there to be a reasonable distance between you and the one pulling out. It should be a wakeup call to you speeders.

This may not apply to you personally, but for those who know they're speeding.

I don't pull out in front of cars that are coming at me at 50 miles per hour. I MAKE SURE I will be able to get out and onto the road and up to the speed of the flow of traffic before I pull out.

Its called defensive driving, which is also the reason I've been able to stop before I hit the morons who pull out in front of me.

I don't pull out in front of cars that are coming at me at 50 miles per hour. I MAKE SURE I will be able to get out and onto the road and up to the speed of the flow of traffic before I pull out.

Its called defensive driving, which is also the reason I've been able to stop before I hit the morons who pull out in front of me.

That's what anyone should do. But when the one pulling out fails to realize when someone is speeding and pulls out figuring the distance is good, of course that causes problems. The problem in that case wouldn't occur if the oncoming car was going the speed limit.

So as your going down the road, defensive driving is required and that includes abiding by the speed laws and watching for those who aren't watching out. Just like riding behind someone at any speed, you must give enough room to avoid whatever mistakes the person in front of you makes. Whether they stop abruptly for a dog, pedestrian or have a heart attack, the follower is the one responsible for avoiding the crash. Tailgating reduces this potential disaster.

You should always drive expecting the unexpected and giving yourself the space, if not the others.

I've been letting this fester for a little while, but I'm going to go ahead and do something about it.

Another pet peeve of mine, which I recently acquired:

Asshole who can't leave well-enough alone. Don't like it? Ignore it.

What am I referring to, specifically? The gun thread. I don't care who you are or how you feel about guns. But if those of us interested in guns want a thread on guns, let it be. Ignore it. I don't know what your problem is, but you have no right to keep the rest of us from talking about what we want to talk about just because you don't like it. that makes you selfish and extremely unpopular.

Asshole (and you know who you are, fool who got the gun thread deleted because of your own precious sensitivity).

Pet Peeves..............

Training someone to do a job and six months, totally clueless, not doing an adequate job

People who assume I am anglo and start making deragatory comments in Spanish and then are flabbergasted when I respond to them in Spanish.

people who don't know how to drive in the rain!

Nosy people who want to know everything, regardless of whether they are included in the conversation or not!

Teenagers who are very disrespectful.

You know, I swear some people seem to be playing chicken with this...someone pulls out in front of you at the last possible moment, when no other cars are behind you; and you have to slam on your brakes. What is up with that? I swear they are doing it for sport. :(

I've been letting this fester for a little while, but I'm going to go ahead and do something about it.

Another pet peeve of mine, which I recently acquired:

Asshole who can't leave well-enough alone. Don't like it? Ignore it.

What am I referring to, specifically? The gun thread. I don't care who you are or how you feel about guns. But if those of us interested in guns want a thread on guns, let it be. Ignore it. I don't know what your problem is, but you have no right to keep the rest of us from talking about what we want to talk about just because you don't like it. that makes you selfish and extremely unpopular.

Asshole (and you know who you are, fool who got the gun thread deleted because of your own precious sensitivity).

At least it was something fun to do.

zepbaby

m_fd60ceb5de3180059eb7ca9a7985af3c.gif

PS God dont start any threads on electric cards, deaf people cannot hear them and get ran over. Not BLIND mind you "deaf."

I HAAAATE COMPUTEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS!!!!!! a;sj;jajkasfjlkfasjk;sa And I ESPECIALLY hate motherFUCKING MICROSOOOOOOOFT!!!!!!! I hope there's a special ring of hell reserved just for Microsoft employees, where they all have to use Windows ME and every time they want to do something, it fucks up in the most excruciatingly frustrating fucking way!!! KILL KILL KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

mbglr1r6.jpg

I HAAAATE CHOOOO!!!!

(whew, ok, sorry, had to get it out somehow)

I HAAAATE COMPUTEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS!!!!!! a;sj;jajkasfjlkfasjk;sa And I ESPECIALLY hate motherFUCKING MICROSOOOOOOOFT!!!!!!! I hope there's a special ring of hell reserved just for Microsoft employees, where they all have to use Windows ME and every time they want to do something, it fucks up in the most excruciatingly frustrating fucking way!!! KILL KILL KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAAAATE CHOOOO!!!!

They want our souls

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/play/672/

mbglr1r6.jpg

I HAAAATE CHOOOO!!!!

:hysterical: Awesome.

One thing that really irritates me is when people pretend to be something they're not just to get you to like them:angry: When really, if they would have just been themselves, you would have given them a chance.

A girl at work did this to me, and I don't even want to talk to her any more....She claimed to like the same type of music, same bands as me, and that she liked to go to concerts. So I would ask her to go to shows with me, and I'd buy the tickets because it was my idea, and was like, just catch me back later.(Even though she never did) I started paying closer attention to how she acted at concerts, and while I was up at the front, rockin' out, she was at back, hanging by the door....at shows where there were multiple bands, she NEVER gave any of the opening bands a listen-she'd just say they sucked and go outside-regardless, and worse, the only bands she ever actually suggested we go see, were local bands that she liked one of the band members! I'm not convinced she even likes metal at all.....

It especially irks me because of the way she always made fun of the "posers" whenever we were at a concert.

Pet Peeves..............

Training someone to do a job and six months, totally clueless, not doing an adequate job

People who assume I am anglo and start making deragatory comments in Spanish and then are flabbergasted when I respond to them in Spanish.

people who don't know how to drive in the rain!

Nosy people who want to know everything, regardless of whether they are included in the conversation or not!

Teenagers who are very disrespectful.

People who use the word "Anglo" to refer to all white persons. This would be like calling all Latin Americans Mexicans, or Puerto Ricans, or Colombians. I certainly would be very happy to be of the English descent that Anglo implies, but it's pretty damn imprecise to call me that--I'm Russian and German ethnically! What's wrong with European?

And p.s., Joel, we've heard all about your issues with aggressive drivers. It's not new even though your name is.

people who like imposing on other people. i don't mind going out of my way for other people sometimes if they deserve it. but i can't deal with people who have no manners and think you owe everything to them. you put up with it for a while then you tell them about it. it does no good they just get a bigger "ill show you attitude" instead of getting the fucking point. is there any good way of dealing with these kinds of people without

turning into a lower character than them in response?

I work in a grocery store that's probably the most expensive grocery store in town. I really believe that we carry the highest quality fresh-foods in the produce department, the bakery, the meat department, etc. Not to mention that we hold our customer serivce standards much higher than other retail grocery stores in town.

I HATE it when I am checking or helping a customer in another way and they start bitching and complaining about the prices of the groceries. They act like someone dragged them into the store and filled up their cart with groceries. Then they start going on and on about Wal-Mart and how Wal-Mart's not this expensive, blah, blah....

I want to tell them to shut up because they came HERE, they didn't choose to go to Wal-Mart.

Also--I hate it when people start complaining about things I can't change--even if I pass it on to my superiors. They usually know that's somethign we can't change when they start complaining.

Not that I've had any mean people at work lately. LOL

1. I hate people who take things you say entirely out of context on purpose just to show their farkin arse. I mean they keep on and on and on.

Give us a break?

We can tell if your an a**hole pretty fast. Proving it over and over has no purpose.

2. People who paint these things with a huge brush.

3. People who cannot understand the word "pidgeonholing."

If your angy over something, put it out there, then let it go.

It's a gorgeous day btw and nobody will ruin it for me.....I have on my impenetrable flame suit,,,,,heeeee want one :D:)

zepbaby

3. People who cannot understand the word "pidgeonholing."

If your angy over something, put it out there, then let it go.

Why do I get the feeling this has to do with me and my Gas Prices rant?...

:unsure::mellow::(

:D

people who like imposing on other people. i don't mind going out of my way for other people sometimes if they deserve it. but i can't deal with people who have no manners and think you owe everything to them. you put up with it for a while then you tell them about it. it does no good they just get a bigger "ill show you attitude" instead of getting the fucking point. is there any good way of dealing with these kinds of people without

turning into a lower character than them in response?

I finally learned how to say no without feeling guilty. If I truly want to and can do something, I do it. If not, I say I'm sorry, but I can't help this time. No further explanation needed; no guilt, no stress.

Of course there can be more pressure if it's family asking; but that hasn't been the case for us. We've ended up taking on more volunteer committments than we really should (related to the kids' schools and sports activities).

Why do I get the feeling this has to do with me and my Gas Prices rant?...

:unsure::mellow::(

:D

No sir...it has to do with people staying mad over one thing. Some things just never change and some cannot accept that. Inflation is one, however it wasnt aimed at gas/petrol.

zepbaby

I hate automatic transmissions. I'll only buy a stick shift. They're even making automatic transmissions for motorcycles. Shee-it!

They should have a law that you can only sell automatics to one legged people. (Just kidding about that part.)

WGA.jpg

I like automatic if I'm on a long trip and with someone. If I am alone or just about town it's a different thing.

It's odd how in Europe automatics are more and insurance for them and in America it's the opposite. Has to be a conspiracy of sorts.

:):rolleyes:

zepbaby

I hate it too Sarah. I really want a Mac notebook, but I can't afford one.

BTW, the Headmaster Jimmy story is great, I can't wait for more.

Thank you. You're on my myspace right? Right now I can't remember who's all there. :blush: It might be some time before I have more ready, I have a lot of other things going right now for school.

Yep I'm on your myspace. It's okay because I never remember who all is on mine. I only have like 25 friends, and 4 of them are just music pages. Don't rush with it, school is way more important.

Archived