Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Interesting... The bird chirping is kinda cool on Learning to Fly, isn't it? I can't remember how Any Way You Want It ends...I'll have to go listen to it, hehe. Anyway, thanks for indulging my curiosity! It seems like whenever somebody asks me something like that, then I can't think of an example to save my life, lol.

Oh yeah, I love satellite radio! Unfortunately, I don't have it in my car, but I wish I did - it's totally worth the money! I love the Outlaw Country and Classic Vinyl stations on XM...oh, and the blues channel! Can't forget that! Yep, I'm definitely a satellite radio addict.

I just thought of another while reading this. A song i really like, but over the years have tired of... but still love the ending to Jimi's "All Along The Watchtower"...

I plan on getting Satellite radio when i buy a new car, hopefully in the next year. Until then, i have to listen to the radio and keep the CD player stocked. I do have a fear that once i have Satellite in the car (i have it on DISH network and love it) i won't want to ever get out of the car when it's time (like when a good song is still on, lol)!

Pet peeve, it's too beautiful outside, just a bit too cool to swim :)

I plan on getting Satellite radio when i buy a new car, hopefully in the next year. Until then, i have to listen to the radio and keep the CD player stocked. I do have a fear that once i have Satellite in the car (i have it on DISH network and love it) i won't want to ever get out of the car when it's time (like when a good song is still on, lol)!

Hi ~tangerine~,

I just renewed my subscription to Sirius/XM satellite radio. My car is now a year old and the satellite radio came with the car for one year. I love it so much that I had to renew. It cost $245 plus taxes for two years. The base price is $12.95 plus tax per month. It is well worth it to me.

I LOVE the cool weather. It has been perfect! I hope that it stays cool. Wish that all summers here were like this one.

Hi ~tangerine~,

I just renewed my subscription to Sirius/XM satellite radio. My car is now a year old and the satellite radio came with the car for one year. I love it so much that I had to renew. It cost $245 plus taxes for two years. The base price is $12.95 plus tax per month. It is well worth it to me.

Word to the wise, next time you renew express your dissatisfaction with their outrageous prices and they should reduce the subscription fee significantly. The price for a yearly subscription has doubled since I first signed up back in the fall of '04. I also have not been at all happy about some of the channel changes since the merger. I threatened to cancel my subscription and they cut the cost by nearly 50%. At this stage of the game they need us a hell of a lot more than we need them.

Fuck that! I can't see paying for radio, what a waste of money I cut my cable off too. I get enough over the air channels to satisfy my needs.rolleyes.gif

I wish I could justify cable. I don't get ANY freakin' air channels after they turned off the analog signals, which is strange, because my house's reception was GREAT on the DIGITAL CHANNELS ON THE HDTV's BEFORE they turned the analog signals, now I don't get any of the local stations I like to watch. <_<

I think it's a conspiracy. Seriously.

Fuck that! I can't see paying for radio, what a waste of money I cut my cable off too. I get enough over the air channels to satisfy my needs.rolleyes.gif

Can't say it's a waste of money when I can actually listen to music I enjoy on the radio again. With the ability to pick up internet sites such as Pandora through your iPhone, people can now listen to internet-only stations in their cars. I imagine that will play a very huge role in how we listen to music on the go in the very near future.

As for cable, many people are bypassing it altogether these days by watching programs via the web thanks to sites such as Hulu that allow you to watch movies for free. Also, YouTube is now allowing it's members to upload entire television episodes (amongst other long form video). I believe the ability to bypass cable and broadcast TV will strongly lend itself to the eventual decline of such traditional outlets in the years to come, if it hasn't started to already.

I could never get rid of my cable. There's nothing on over-the-air TV worth watching. Nothing. It's all garbage, shitty reality shows and more garbage. Without cable I wouldn't have my MLB Network and since baseball is one of the few things in this world I put in the list of "Stuff I love as much as my family", that station is a damn godsend. Not to mention, all the digital music stations I get. I love during the holiday season putting on the Christmas channel and listening to 24 hours of Christmas music, all commercial-free. It's beauteous.

They don't put MLB on regular TV anymore? WTF?

Seriously...WTF?

No, no, no. I'm talking about MLB Network, not actual games. Come to think of it, aside from Saturday games on FOX, most MLB games are not on over-the-air TV anyway until the playoffs. Thank god for MLB.TV on my computer or I wouldn't be able to watch mah boys.

Can't say it's a waste of money when I can actually listen to music I enjoy on the radio again. With the ability to pick up internet sites such as Pandora through your iPhone, people can now listen to internet-only stations in their cars. I imagine that will play a very huge role in how we listen to music on the go in the very near future.

As for cable, many people are bypassing it altogether these days by watching programs via the web thanks to sites such as Hulu that allow you to watch movies for free. Also, YouTube is now allowing it's members to upload entire television episodes (amongst other long form video). I believe the ability to bypass cable and broadcast TV will strongly lend itself to the eventual decline of such traditional outlets in the years to come, if it hasn't started to already.

I guess I should have re phrased that to say it would be a waste of money to me (at least at this time) if it's a source of enjoyment for others great.smile.gif I can't however live without the net because of online banking and paying my bills and such.

I could never get rid of my cable. There's nothing on over-the-air TV worth watching. Nothing. It's all garbage, shitty reality shows and more garbage. Without cable I wouldn't have my MLB Network and since baseball is one of the few things in this world I put in the list of "Stuff I love as much as my family", that station is a damn godsend. Not to mention, all the digital music stations I get. I love during the holiday season putting on the Christmas channel and listening to 24 hours of Christmas music, all commercial-free. It's beauteous.

I usually just watch for the news and weather but I have to admit "America's got Talent" is pretty entertaining at times.biggrin.gif

Oh! don't get me started on the Christmas music, that is my favorite time of year and I drive people at work crazy listening to the music.

It's so festive!santa.gif

Oh! don't get me started on the Christmas music, that is my favorite time of year and I drive people at work crazy listening to the music.

It's so festive!santa.gif

Yeah, I love Christmas music. I could listen to it all year long. What I love most about this channel [it's actually called Sounds of the Seasons] is that they'll play the secular stuff like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree but they'll also play Silent Night, O Holy Night and Away In A Manger, too.

During the 4th of July they play a lot of "America" music like "Stars and Stripes Forever", "1812 Overture", "America The Beautiful"....that kind of thing. So during major holiday or seasonal events, the station will play the appropriate music. I loved turning it on around St. Patrick's Day and hearing "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling".

I don't mind paying for good music, but I hear ya on cable...when I move out of my parents' house, I don't think I'm going to get it myself. The only channels I would miss are TCM, a couple of shows on the Travel Channel, and the NASCAR truck races on Speed. Oh, and VS. during hockey season. Other than that, the damn cable company can take back its 300 channels of B.S.

Drivers at 4-way stop signs. I just don't get it. How come I know when it's my turn to go, and nobody else does? Hmm...Maybe because they're looking in the mirror, talking on the cell, laughing with a friend, or too scared to make a move...It's really not that fucking hard!! <_<

There's rules to quoting posts now?

News to me....

Oh well,another one to break.....B)

Sorry it's so complicated to see that cutting 80% of a post out and adding to it to fit your needs is called stirring up shit and misquoting someone.

Oh well. Maybe when your grown and married you will comprehend young Jedi

Archived