Pet Peeves

Hotplant

People who are never happy with what they've got.

I dated a guy years ago who made me feel like I wasn't as good as his ex, and I always felt like I could never equal her.

Then a few years later, he was with a girl he was engaged to, but complained about how I was "much cooler," better, etc.

Now even more years after, he's married to a different girl, and he complained to me on his honeymoon about her.

Even later, he's now complaining about her again.

It's not that he's truly unhappy, it's just that as soon as he is done with her, he will put her on a pedestal, and she'll be much better than she actually was then, etc.

Give it up, dude. :rolleyes:

Loud motorcycles that are parked while they are running in the neighborhood at night when I am just about to fall asleep. Sleep deprivation in general. I wish people would get rid of those annoying disasters on wheels or at least limit them to daylight hours. Or move to wherever the hell they are trying to get to and take those offensive vehicles with them.

Tangerine, I have no idea what your talking about, and don t want to know.

I came here as I explained in a Private PM to pass some time away whilst at work.

I do not have any problems with you.I do not want to argue.

I deleted my age because it was to personal for public forums.

Now, I am not answering you unless your friendly, in life you learn to ignore

people who are nasty to you.smile.gif

tongue.gif

Loud motorcycles that are parked while they are running in the neighborhood at night when I am just about to fall asleep. Sleep deprivation in general. I wish people would get rid of those annoying disasters on wheels or at least limit them to daylight hours. Or move to wherever the hell they are trying to get to and take those offensive vehicles with them.

People who are never happy with what they've got.

I dated a guy years ago who made me feel like I wasn't as good as his ex, and I always felt like I could never equal her.

Then a few years later, he was with a girl he was engaged to, but complained about how I was "much cooler," better, etc.

Now even more years after, he's married to a different girl, and he complained to me on his honeymoon about her.

Even later, he's now complaining about her again.

It's not that he's truly unhappy, it's just that as soon as he is done with her, he will put her on a pedestal, and she'll be much better than she actually was then, etc.

Give it up, dude. :rolleyes:

Then why did you date him if he was such a jerk? Does your boyfriend know you're still obsessed with him? I don't think that would go over so well. You should put your boyfriend on a pedestal instead of worrying about people who do not fancy your company don't you think?

Tangerine, I have no idea what your talking about, and don t want to know.

I came here as I explained in a Private PM to pass some time away whilst at work.

I do not have any problems with you.I do not want to argue.

I deleted my age because it was to personal for public forums.

Now, I am not answering you unless your friendly, in life you learn to ignore

people who are nasty to you.smile.gif

Hello Pb..

to me pet peeves today no one who has come here as been nasty, just kind must be the sunshine.

We have all grown out of learning and kindness. You have come to share....so be happy and have fun.

Not a pet peeve, but there you are.

Pet Peeve. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, arrrrrrrghhhhh

:rant:

They send men to the moon and create toilet bowl adverts with little men in boats and WHAT?

No cure for Carpal Tunnel. Absolute hedonistic madness I'm telling you. It has go to be a conspiracy started by that twit Sarah Palin.

We have all grown out of learning and kindness. You have come to share....so be happy and have fun.

Not a pet peeve, but there you are.

Pet Peeve. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, arrrrrrrghhhhh

rant.gif

They send men to the moon and create toilet bowl adverts with little men in boats and WHAT?

No cure for Carpal Tunnel. Absolute hedonistic madness I'm telling you. It has go to be a conspiracy started by that twit Sarah Palin.

Switch up mate. It is time for an attempt at some ambidextorous handling.

<_<

OMG. I can not stand this f'n apt building anymore.

I'm moving to San Diego, screw it.

These people are idiots. Some douche is painting the balconies and he drips paint all over the lower apts. He takes nada precautions, like putting plywood under his work DUH!!!

THEN, someone keeps throwing out rotten food that lands right in front of my little porch. ALL the time. Right after the lawn guy (yet another treat) mowed, they threw down this glob of something like old cheese bread or something. Today it was pieces of raw pork. :mad: Pretty sure it's one of the Russians, we've caught them before doing similar stuff. GAWD...I am so sick of it.

So until it's so cold no one hangs outside, I'm thinking.....hmmmm Germany or San Diego. :unsure:

People!

This darn R2D2 virus that's going around :soapbox:

Some of the people are already slinging snot and boogers like nobody's business. I usually do not get these flu shots because I've been known to have reactions to them. So I try to be very careful. I go through doors without the use of my hands and wash them very frequently. I have a bottle of Cal Stat Plus too.

I'm happy U.N.C.A has implemented Cal Stat Plus at several stations on campus. In all honesty they need more and students need to use them. It would actually save money and lives in the long run.

So two variations of a similar theme keep cropping up lately, and they're really getting on my nerves:

1. When people screw up, you call them on it, and then they have the nerve to get mad at you, reversing the situation (you're the one who's pissed to begin with, after all, thereby trying to bypass accountability. :mad:

2. When people screw up, you call them on it, and then they disappear for a time only to reappear and pretend that nothing ever happened, thereby trying to bypass accountability. :mad:

Student loan deferments.

I spent about two hours taking care of something that I THOUGHT was already taken care of.

I had to call and re-fill out paperwork, prove that I'd had email correspondence, etc. with the company that's taken over my Perkins un-subsidized loan. A lady told me more than 45 days ago that my loan was in deferment, but today, I got a "FINAL NOTICE," threatening to report the late fees to my credit!

Aaargh! I took care of if, and they said I'd have to pay my late fees to prevent the loan being reported to my credit as late, but it sucks because I thought this was taken care of! The $10 in late fees is totally worth it if it prevents the company from reporting this to my credit--especially since it was kind of their fault that I wasn't in deferment.

I hope it is taken care of for good now.

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

(The Federal ones are pretty easy to defer--it's the Perkins un-sub that's a pain in my ass!)

So two variations of a similar theme keep cropping up lately, and they're really getting on my nerves:

1. When people screw up, you call them on it, and then they have the nerve to get mad at you, reversing the situation (you're the one who's pissed to begin with, after all, thereby trying to bypass accountability. :mad:

2. When people screw up, you call them on it, and then they disappear for a time only to reappear and pretend that nothing ever happened, thereby trying to bypass accountability. :mad:

I worked with someone like that who either lied about it, "I didn't do it," when it was OBVIOUSLY her who did it; or she would get irate when you asked her about what happened, etc. It was never anything major, just a quick, "who screwed up?" question.

I heard a while ago that she got fired for downright lying to a manager about something. She told a cart boy (this was at the grocery store I used to work at) to put a 2-liter bottle of soda pulled out of a urinal in the men's room back on the shelf. He did, and then he got in trouble for doing so. Apparently, he was mentally disabled, I think he was cognitively delayed, so he didn't really ask too many questions, but he did say he dind't think that was right. She yelled at him and told him to do it anyway. THEN she lied about it.

She got fired. That would have been the happiest day of my life if I had still worked for Albertson's.

I was waiting for that one. She lied about everything, and once, when she was also a manager (she was long-ago demoted), she tried making me feel guilty for having taken a vacation, (she had to work the shitty shifts because of ME even though I had five years' seniority on her). They didn't make her close unless absolutely necessary becuase she was soo bad and lazy, therefore, I had to do it.

I worked with someone like that who either lied about it, "I didn't do it," when it was OBVIOUSLY her who did it; or she would get irate when you asked her about what happened, etc. It was never anything major, just a quick, "who screwed up?" question.

I heard a while ago that she got fired for downright lying to a manager about something. She told a cart boy (this was at the grocery store I used to work at) to put a 2-liter bottle of soda pulled out of a urinal in the men's room back on the shelf. He did, and then he got in trouble for doing so. Apparently, he was mentally disabled, I think he was cognitively delayed, so he didn't really ask too many questions, but he did say he dind't think that was right. She yelled at him and told him to do it anyway. THEN she lied about it.

She got fired. That would have been the happiest day of my life if I had still worked for Albertson's.

I was waiting for that one. She lied about everything, and once, when she was also a manager (she was long-ago demoted), she tried making me feel guilty for having taken a vacation, (she had to work the shitty shifts because of ME even though I had five years' seniority on her). They didn't make her close unless absolutely necessary becuase she was soo bad and lazy, therefore, I had to do it.

WOW. You know, frustrations with and examples of work incompetence could be its own thread. It's not only annoying as hell, it can be dangerous. In my MA program, the secretary was legendary for screw-ups. Among many other examples of carelessness and incompetence, she put in the wrong grade for another MA student because of which he didn't get into the PhD program. I don't know how she could have made such a mistake. It's not A and B are close to each other on the keyboard. People she didn't like often got the sting of her "accidental errors". But she was unionized so short of being caught in the act of murdering someone, not much could be done. She's since retired, but has left a wake of bitter people.

SHIT! Just announced that Patrick Swayze has passed away :( RIP

Oh I hear you on that big time. It's amazing how manipulative some people can be and incredibly infuriating.

And yes, I just heard the news about Patrick Swayze :'(

WOW. You know, frustrations with and examples of work incompetence could be its own thread. It's not only annoying as hell, it can be dangerous. In my MA program, the secretary was legendary for screw-ups. Among many other examples of carelessness and incompetence, she put in the wrong grade for another MA student because of which he didn't get into the PhD program. I don't know how she could have made such a mistake. It's not A and B are close to each other on the keyboard. People she didn't like often got the sting of her "accidental errors". But she was unionized so short of being caught in the act of murdering someone, not much could be done. She's since retired, but has left a wake of bitter people.

SHIT! Just announced that Patrick Swayze has passed away sad.gif RIP

Oh dear, bless him.

It sounds as if someone may have kept a policy of benign neglect and lax supervision of the secretary. It is not acceptable to harm others in that manner that you described. Her employer should be liable for her actions.

Oh I hear you on that big time. It's amazing how manipulative some people can be and incredibly infuriating.

And yes, I just heard the news about Patrick Swayze :'(

It's tricky because people can be very passive aggressive about it, or so deep in denial that they don't really see their part and so minimize it. Nice to see you back, Nine! :wave:

Oh dear, bless him.

It sounds as if someone may have kept a policy of benign neglect and lax supervision of the secretary. It is not acceptable to harm others in that manner that you described. Her employer should be liable for her actions.

I wish I had a better explanation as to why things went on like that until she retired, other than that the powers that be figured she was so close to it, they should just let it play out. She should have been reprimanded (and if she was, it was done quietly). Students even had a petition going to get the department to do something about her. Benign neglect, hmm, there might be something to that. It was a small department, with many profs doing double duty in other departments, so the overseeing was spread thin. But STILL...

Archived