Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I've thought about tutoring a few different times, but I'm not sure exactly WHERE TO START if I'm going to ask people to pay me. I don't know.

I'm probably going to have to go back to freakin' Albertson's and ask for a job, which totally sucks, because the last few weeks I was there, I was like, "fuck this!" I was soo done.

Now I just need money. I don't care if it's at $8 an hour, that's better than the $75 a day subbing when you get called 2-3 times a week. :blink:

I've thought about tutoring a few different times, but I'm not sure exactly WHERE TO START if I'm going to ask people to pay me. I don't know.

I'm probably going to have to go back to freakin' Albertson's and ask for a job, which totally sucks, because the last few weeks I was there, I was like, "fuck this!" I was soo done.

Now I just need money. I don't care if it's at $8 an hour, that's better than the $75 a day subbing when you get called 2-3 times a week. :blink:

Are there places that farm out tutors or services like "learning centres" that although they don't pay as much, might be an option. Otherwise you can advertise in local magazines, have cards made up and pass out to people you know to get word out there. Tutoring privately you can make a lot of money.

So once again, our TV antenna isn't cutting the mustard.

We bought two HDTVs in October last year, and invested in two $150-each antennas for each of the TVs. So I hooked them up, and I was able to get EVERY SINGLE local channel with no problem.

After the digital conversion, I don't get any of the local channels consistently. It irritates me so bad! I spent $300 on TV antennas that are amplified (I plug them in) and they are HD antennas. NOW I can't watch the local news!

WTF?

I never saw this thread before...

My pet peeve is someone I work with who is a nice person but just rubs me the wrong way. They are super religious and assume I am of the same faith. Every time there's some problem this person thinks the solution is prayer!?!?

I can't say anything as this person is very well connected with management.

And I feel bad because they're not unpleasant, just ANNOYING!

^ha!

My boyfriend's mother is like that! She's a sweet, sweet woman who drives me batty!

Then I feel bad about it because she's so nice and doesn't mean to drive me crazy. She doesn't push her religion though, she just prays a LOT.

Yes, people like this are really toxic because they make us feel intolerant. After all I don't discuss my (lack of) religious beliefs in the workplace so why do I have to put up with theirs?

But actually I think they may not be as nice as they seem, so keep an eye on your boyfriend's mom!!

She's actually a very nice person. She's the only one in their entire family who goes to church, etc. She's pretty gracious, really.

After I read your post I remembered that my ex's mother was just as you describe. She was one of the best persons I have ever met. I wonder why it didn't bother me that she was so religious. Maybe because she didn't speak English! :)

Married women who are still in love with their ex husband get me. I mean why get in a new relationship if you're still in love with your ex?

Which comes to another correlated topic. Many women do not open the door very wide and get to know someone new because they are still dependent on their ex husband for support, love, or getting pretty much whatever they wish. Well besides getting remarried or sex.

When you divorce a person can you be friends or not be friends?

Depends on if you are still having sex with them now does it not :P

This can go both ways btw, but IMO to a lesser extent.

I don't know if I totally agree with that, MH. I'm sure it's annoying to have a girlfriend/wife, boyfriend/husband that has too close contact with their ex, but especially if they have kids, they kind of need to in order to raise the kids well.

I guess if said person's still sleeping with them, that IS a different story.

My parents were divorced for over 13 years when my dad died. Though he had the Peter Pan Syndrome, my mom still loved him very much. She went on to have other relationships that clearly took precedence, but they were always pretty close.

I was always quite proud of my parents for being able to raise my sister and I together even though they were divorced. I have some friends whose parents didn't speak to each other at all while still raising their kids because of whatever happened to dissolve their marriages. Not good for the kids.

I don't know if I totally agree with that, MH. I'm sure it's annoying to have a girlfriend/wife, boyfriend/husband that has too close contact with their ex, but especially if they have kids, they kind of need to in order to raise the kids well.

My parents were divorced for over 13 years when my dad died. Though he had the Peter Pan Syndrome, my mom still loved him very much. She went on to have other relationships that clearly took precedence, but they were always pretty close.

I was always quite proud of my parents for being able to raise my sister and I together even though they were divorced. I have some friends whose parents didn't speak to each other at all while still raising their kids because of whatever happened to dissolve their marriages. Not good for the kids.

Just because a couple divorce, doesn't mean one (or sometimes both) have stopped loving each other. Same goes for other relationships in your life. You can still love people you are no longer involved with. It's natural. How can you say someone should not move forward when a relationship is over (even with feelngs still alive)?

Good for your parents putting the children first and maintaining an environment that was still a good one for you to be raised. Some parents use the children for their own selfish benefit and others abandon their children entirely. My daughter has one of those, lol... but she is better off so it all works out for the best. My sister and her ex have done a great job of raising their two daughters in the wake of their split/divorce. The first couple years was hard on the girls, but they were four and six years old, so it was a confusing time for them. Today, they show no signs of distress (not they wouldn't love for their mom and dad to be together).

I have a feeling MH was talking about a specific person.

Sort of depends on who the child belongs to now does it not? And too it depends on if you think your ready to put yourself in another relationship.

I mean anyone can be lead down the garden path before they have any inkling something smells funny. Let me put it this way. If you are still in love with your ex husband in your heart then you are not ready to "move on." Your head is still in his head and likewise.

Now if you are up front with someone to begin with and say well my heart is still with my ex do you wanna fuck then that's something else entirely different.

I still care for ex girlfriends but having said that, I NEVER PUT THEM before the person I'm currently dating.

I think that's fair to everyone.

You know not to have your heart in many places.

(Warning: this rant is ONLY directed at non-smokers who do these kinds of things. If you are a non-smoker who does NOT do these things, then this rant is not directed at you, therefore you have no reason to be offended.)

Non-Smokers who insist on bothering Smokers.

Point of reference: I am a non-smoker.

But after today at GPC, I actually considered buying a pack of cigs and getting myself addicted to Nicotine just so I wouldn't be counted among these particular fucks. I actually had to come to the rescue of a smoker today (admittedly, she was rather hot and I liked the idea of being "her hero", if only for a moment biggrin.gif ... I did also know her from high school and we spent about 20 minutes catching up after the event, which was nice... biggrin.gif) from two non-smokers who looked ready to beat the shit out of her if she didn't put out the cigarette she was smoking in the designated smoking area.

Yes, she was smoking in the designated smoking area, and these two assholes (actually, an asshole and a bitch) felt the need to get in her face (thereby inhaling even more of that secondary smoke they were claiming to fear) and try and force her to stop.

I was walking by when I heard the yelling.

"It's not just yourself you're destroying you selfish cunt! It's all of us!"

"I am outside, for fuck's sake! And this is the designated smoking area... you know, where those of us wanting to slowly kill ourselves are allowed to do so in peace!"

Right as I walked by the guy actually grabbed the cig out of her hand and went to burn her with it (I'm not the only one who saw this). So I ran over, grabbed the cig out of his hand, and (yes) burned him with it. "Bet you wish you'd taken that second-hand now, don't you, you fuck?"

The non-smoker girl he was with screamed for security, but three other witnesses came to our defense and these two non-smokers were finally the ones detained after about an hour's worth of questioning.

After all that, the girl (the smoker) and I walked back to the smoking area. She offered me a cig and, although I don't smoke, I took it (first-time... and it was obvious... she laughed at that). We talked for 20 mins, catching up, so it was a somewhat positive outcome, but still...

If you are a non-smoker, listen up (or read closely, as the case may be):

You don't smoke? Fine. You'll live longer then the ones who do. But leave the smokers the fuck alone, okay? They didn't ask your opinion, and, no, you don't have the right to force your opinion on them.

Fuck... I'd smoke if Marijuana were legal (nicotine's nice, but I don't want my drug to take my stresses away... I want my drug to take me away). Would you get in my face, too?

Non-smokers, watch this and get the fuck off your high-horse:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9_9NtA80qHghttp://www.youtube.c...h?v=Q0fQwOIsGD0

^I totally agree, but with a few exceptions: it pisses me off to no end when I see a smoker driving down the street while smoking in their car with their children in the car. Knowing what we know about secondhand smoke these days, why would anyone with a half a brain subject their kids to that shit?

I also hate it when smokers throw their cigarettes out the window instead of using their ashtrays.

It irritates me when they stand right outside doors of public buildings to smoke, making me walk through it to get into the building.

I'm allergic to smoke--my sinuses and eyes react violently to it, and if I'm in a situation where the stuff gets blown directly in my face I pay for it for days. I grew up with two parents who smoked and many of my best friends smoke. I rarely have any issues that are a result of their smoking, but I have gotten sick because of a stranger's rudeness.

Okay...I just came in here to read the rants. LOL

I figure if he gets a bubble like bubble boy he can smoke to his hearts content. This way others health will not be in jeopardy.

When you put my health in danger due to your lack of respect for other people you can bet your sweet ass I am gonna get mad.

Everyone here smokes outdoors btw. The rest of the bars, clubs and eateries are going to be all non smoking very soon.

It will be a universal statewide law.

:wave:(outside)

Married women who are still in love with their ex husband get me. I mean why get in a new relationship if you're still in love with your ex?

Which comes to another correlated topic. Many women do not open the door very wide and get to know someone new because they are still dependent on their ex husband for support, love, or getting pretty much whatever they wish. Well besides getting remarried or sex.

When you divorce a person can you be friends or not be friends?

Depends on if you are still having sex with them now does it not :P

This can go both ways btw, but IMO to a lesser extent.

I don't know who you are talking about, but I find that I have a hard time opening up to new boyfriends because I don't want to get royally fucked over ever again like I was in my marriage. You see, when guys look at a woman, all they see is sex potential. And when you have a child/children, a lot(if not most) of the guys you meet really don't want to get serious with you. And I refuse to be a piece of meat.

Archived