Pet Peeves

Well Kat, the attitude of my life lately has been, "why the FUCK should I give a shit about anything anymore? Working hard has gotten me NO where, so why give a shit?"

Maybe I should move to the Czech Republic?

Could you help me learn the language? :lol:

Hi Madders,

You wanna job then? just do what 1,000,000 Poles have done, and 100,000s of Czechs, and countless 1,000,000s of other Eastern European Folk, come to the UK and take our Jobs, nearly 3,000,000 out of work in a 30,000,000 work force and we encourage People from other countries to come here to work, i just dont get it. :rant:

I had the Virgin Media Engineer out today, 2 days after my Broadband and Cable TV went down, he tells me some MotherF has disconected me at the Box and inserted his own Cable, which is probably conected to a "Chipped" Cable Box. Not only does this MotherF get my TV and Internet, he gets it Free and because he has a Chipped Box he even gets the Channels i dont pay fore. :lol:

If the MotherF does it again i'm gonna take my Mobile Generator up to the Box an give him 240 volts right back up his Cable and blow his "Free Chipped Equipment" Right Back Up His Arse. :mad:

Regards, Danny

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Madders,

You wanna job then? just do what 1,000,000 Poles have done, and 100,000s of Czechs, and countless 1,000,000s of other Eastern European Folk, come to the UK and take our Jobs, nearly 3,000,000 out of work in a 30,000,000 work force and we encourage People from other countries to come here to work, i just dont get it. :rant:

Me neither BIGDAN. Me neither. But as part of the European community, what can ya do? You can always go to Poland or the Czech republic and take their jobs. Some nice women out that way too. :D

Me neither BIGDAN. Me neither. But as part of the European community, what can ya do? You can always go to Poland or the Czech republic and take their jobs. Some nice women out that way too. :D

Hi Mangani,

If there were jobs in their Countries they wouldnt be over here getting our jobs would they?

And let me tell you this, there is "NO" European Community, its a Government Myth, there was only ever a Trading Agreement, since then each and every Government has sold my Countries People down the River, my Nation is a Disgrace, if ever we really join with our Old Enemies the French or Germans in a "European Nation" then thats when i will really get angry and Refuse to Eat "Sour Kraut" or "French Bread" ever again. :mad:

"What can you do?" Elect a Government that will take us out of Europe Forever, Europe is no Friend of England, never has been and never will be, Europe has only Contempt for us English, we should cut ties with them and use whatever technology we can get to Cut Ourselves away from Europe and Float our Beloved England over many Years and Seas to Sunnier Climates in the Southern Hemisphere. Maybe somewhere near Australia, and join with these Forsaken Brothers of Ours and Create a New World Order based on Breadpudding and Fosters Lager. :rant: over.

Regards, Danny

Slept through the alarm - again. Now I'm three hours behind. AAAAARHGH! Second time this week. I didn't even hear a peep (just checked, stereo works, alarm was on). Will have to set up the speakers on either side of my head and blare or something...?

:lol: that IS bleak, even for a former fellow Eastern Blocker. And here I thought Sartre set the standard. You know, when I went back a few years ago, I was really surprised at how negative everyone was. Kept referring to communism and 'those days'. I guess it takes at least a generation or two to get the mindset changed. But it's true - people notice the crap because they expect it. It is tiresome, but they sure do know how to commiserate :drunk:;)

I'd say it's a combination of historical and political trauma. For 40 years, people were encouraged to do nothing with their lives, which was depressive. When it changed, people realized, with a shock, that pursuing a new (perhaps better) way of life requires personal involvement, which became even more depressive for many (mainly those who are already too old to start a new 'career'.) Now, who's to blame for this shock? That's a very problematic issue. I was born in 1986, so I'm too young to understand this mentality. The worst of these are pensioners, a LAAAARGE group of people who didn't better themselves after the 'revolution'; quite on the contrary. We're facing a really tiresome sociological problem right now, which is a huge and still widening gap between this older generation and the people how grew up in the last twenty years(or thirty - that still doesn't make a big difference). These people have nothing to offer to the new generation, so many of they semm to have turned to resentul pessimists, always really to blame everyone for disrespect. These people are stranded in a society that's no longer theirs.

But what's even more frightening is how easily people forget. We have one of the most liberal (in the American sense of the word) social system, but it's still not enough. If my neighbour has more stuff than me, there must be something wrong with the system. Communism teaches everything but social solidarity. Older generations grew up in latent envy, which now rears its ugly head.

I was sitting on a train this one day and I overheard two guys (in their 60's, unkept, with beer bellies...) assuring each other how today's youth are a bunch of lazy, ill-mannered bastards; how everyone who earns more than average is a potential criminal; and how there certainly did not use to be such a mess here when the good old communists were taking care of this place. Well, old man, it used to be much worse, only the good old communists were very careful not to make the general populace informed. The very same people are all eager to tell me that I absolutely don't understand it, because I'm totally unexperienced...unlike them , of course.

Now, this is probably the greatest "pet" peeve of mine these days.

I feel much better now.

If there were jobs in their Countries they wouldnt be over here getting our jobs would they?

It has nothing to do with the opportunity to get a job (except maybe for Poland) in these countries. You just pay more...which is still less than what you would be willing to work for, or else those people wouldn't be encouraged to take the job, right? But don't worry, we have the same problem with Ukrainians, so I feel your pain.

Well Kat, the attitude of my life lately has been, "why the FUCK should I give a shit about anything anymore? Working hard has gotten me NO where, so why give a shit?"

Maybe I should move to the Czech Republic?

Could you help me learn the language? :lol:

Working hard will get you nowhere anywhere. That's the new state of things. get used to it.

B) Now that was pretty Czechish. Now seriously, that's not a very good idea. You'll retire before you master the language. Even my help wouldn't make it any easier... ;)

But I'm sure it'll get better for you. You barely graduated. (No sarcasm intended, I really do think it's still early to be so pessimistic...). I've been pretty depressed this past month, but things are getting better now...maybe even better than my more optimistic alter ego expected.

Hi Mangani,

I'm sure you could a job over there if you wanted one. It would just all depend on how much you want to get paid. :D

And let me tell you this, there is "NO" European Community, its a Government Myth, there was only ever a Trading Agreement,

But still, you can move quite freely and quite easily across Europe to work. That's not a myth.

"What can you do?" Elect a Government that will take us out of Europe Forever,

Nah, I don't trust any politician to keep any promises. They are all lying bastards Danny.

Europe is no Friend of England, never has been and never will be, Europe has only Contempt for us English,

I wouldn't say that in total. Northern Europeans (Germans, Dutch, Danes, Swedes, Nowegians) seem to like us. They are similar to us. You are probably right when it comes to southern Europeans/latins. I'm not too sure about central and eastern Europeans.

we should cut ties with them and use whatever technology we can get to Cut Ourselves away from Europe and Float our Beloved England over many Years and Seas to Sunnier Climates in the Southern Hemisphere.Maybe somewhere near Australia,

Hehe no thanks. Too hot and too dry. I like to wear a coat in winter. The climate in Australia bores me. I lived there for a year. 2 seasons a year is tedious.:)

and join with these Forsaken Brothers of Ours and Create a New World Order based on Breadpudding and Fosters Lager.

Well now I do like Fosters lager, but I just came back from Bavaria. Fosters has got nothing on Weltenburg beer near Regensburg:

http://www.beerlabels.com/labels/beers.pl/304/klosterbrauerei-weltenburg.html

Europe is no Friend of England, never has been and never will be, Europe has only Contempt for us English.

I always thought it's rather vice versa. Or maybe you're talking about the backlash...?

"Wherever on this planet ideals of personal freedom and dignity apply, there you will find the cultural inheritance of England." ~Karel Čapek

Hi Madders,

I do.

It's like this: Eastern Bloc immigrants more willing to work the kind of jobs that we don't want to do. And a good portion of these jobs are manual. Construction, agriculture, etc -- they'll do them, whereas we'd prefer not to, or, if we did, demand a higher wage. That's why we encourage, because we can still get the job done, and with less wages to pay. If you're down and out, you should take what you can get. Unfortunately, some would rather prefer the dole office over that.

I'm not going to bad mouth those that want to work here, because, once upon a time, my family were in the same boat.

I don't know if this is exactly a "pet peeve," but I hate it when people eat meat that's still attatched to the bone. :unsure:

It can look weird sometimes, but cooking it on the bone is the best way to keep it juicy; especially if you're cooking it under high heat, like on the grill.

It can look weird sometimes, but cooking it on the bone is the best way to keep it juicy; especially if you're cooking it under high heat, like on the grill.

But there are tendons, and veins...I can't eat meat if it's still attatched to the bone. My meat has to be boneless. I especially hate it when people eat chicken breast that's still attatched to the rib cage...ugh.

And this coming from a future forensic anthropologist. Well, I guess the difference is we're not eating the meat off those bones...I need a throw-up smiley now.

But there are tendons, and veins...I can't eat meat if it's still attatched to the bone. My meat has to be boneless. I especially hate it when people eat chicken breast that's still attatched to the rib cage...ugh.

Being a big ribs and wings fan, I'd take exception to your first post on this - I don't need to feel like an ogre while enjoying a meal. But I'd agree certain cuts of meat are better eaten with utensils.

Being a big ribs and wings fan, I'd take exception to your first post on this - I don't need to feel like an ogre while enjoying a meal. But I'd agree certain cuts of meat are better eaten with utensils.

It's not nearly as bad for me when people use utensiles to get the meat off the bone, but it grosses me out when they just dig in with their teeth. As far as I'm concerned, people can eat as much bone-meat as they want, I just can't watch them while they do it.

I don't mean to make you feel like an ogre, lol. It's just something that bugs me. *shrugs*

I do.

It's like this: Eastern Bloc immigrants more willing to work the kind of jobs that we don't want to do. And a good portion of these jobs are manual. Construction, agriculture, etc -- they'll do them, whereas we'd prefer not to, or, if we did, demand a higher wage. That's why we encourage, because we can still get the job done, and with less wages to pay. If you're down and out, you should take what you can get. Unfortunately, some would rather prefer the dole office over that.

I'm not going to bad mouth those that want to work here, because, once upon a time, my family were in the same boat.

We have that in the United States as well and my grandparents were also in the same boat when they first came over here.

BTW - SOOOO good to see you :wave: Hope things are going well :)

We have that in the United States as well and my grandparents were also in the same boat when they first came over here.

BTW - SOOOO good to see you :wave: Hope things are going well :)

Hey, nine :wave: Things are chipper my end, thank you. I hope things are hunky dory with you.

Not so much a peeve as it is a... well, I don't know, but I'm currently reading/watching True Blood/Southern Vampire Mysteries and, Christ alive, Twilight totally ripped them off. From the same surnames, character traits/abilities, to the same basic plots. What True Blood did first, Twilight seconded. I'm astounded that someone could get away with ripping off a book and not paying for it. It's plagarism in it's most blatant form.

The only positive for me is Twilight's civil war vampire. He makes me want to jump him. True Blood's - not so much.

Hey, nine :wave: Things are chipper my end, thank you. I hope things are hunky dory with you.

Not so much a peeve as it is a... well, I don't know, but I'm currently reading/watching True Blood/Southern Vampire Mysteries and, Christ alive, Twilight totally ripped them off. From the same surnames, character traits/abilities, to the same basic plots. What True Blood did first, Twilight seconded. I'm astounded that someone could get away with ripping off a book and not paying for it. It's plagarism in it's most blatant form.

The only positive for me is Twilight's civil war vampire. He makes me want to jump him. True Blood's - not so much.

Things are good thanks :) I didn't know that about Twilight as I've not read it or the True Blood mysteries. Shame they didn't pay for it. I wonder if that will eventually come out.

Oh yes, I always admired especially Chamberlain's conduct of the situation...

Chamberlain, Chamberlain...you mean that guy who declared war on Nazi Germany in September 1939 and took Great Britain to war for the sake of another country (Poland)???

Good thing he did hey, or yous would still be under the Nazi jackboot today.

Typical. Chamberlain gets cited.......but not the sacrifice of Britain and it's people for standing up to Hitler after the invasion of Poland. A wrong over the Czechs that was rectified by a right over Poland gets ignored. :rolleyes:

You do know that Hitler offered peace to Britain don't you? Britain could have been like most other nations in Europe at the time, i.e either turning a blind eye or jumping on the gravy train and joining forces with him. It would have been far easier.

Pet peeve. Continental Europeans ready to cite Chamberlain's wrong judgement over the Czechs yet will completely ignore the British sacrifice that followed....especially as Hitler didn't even want a war with the British.

Edited by Mangani

I'm still trying to figure out why people are reading/watching Twilight?

Well, if they're anything like me it's because I would do terribly naughty things to one of the actors. The franchise isn't exactly taxing on the brain, but seeing a gorgeous guy sure is nice to read about/watch. Is it shallow? Incredibly, but, in my defense, I first saw this actor on other shows, so it's not like I actively sought out Twilight because the plot appealed to me.

Having said that, I don't get the whole Edward Cullen-mania. 'R-Patz' acts like he's constipated and looks like he's gone through twelve rounds. Definitely not my man of choice. I'm nowhere near being a so-called Twi-hard, but I'll put up with it if I get to watch a bit of eye candy.

But True Blood is better. It's a bit naughty. Actually, very naughty. Sort of like the seedier, lustful older cousin of innocent lil' Twilight, but it's got more to it than Twilight. And it has some killer Southern rock on it, too.

I prefer True Blood, but Twilight has the hottie, so I'll keep watching that. And, boy, he makes you want to do things with a baseball bat you'd never dream of...