Pet Peeves

Hotplant

LDW, I was gonna say something negative about your response, but then I remembered... wanting to do lots of naughty things to Jessica Alba is the reason I watch any of her shows and movies, so I'd be a hypocrite if I said anything to you...

Carry on... :D

Chamberlain, Chamberlain...you mean that guy who declared war on Nazi Germany in September 1939 and took Great Britain to war for the sake of another country (Poland)???

Good thing he did hey, or yous would still be under the Nazi jackboot today.

Typical. Chamberlain gets cited.......but not the sacrifice of Britain and it's people for standing up to Hitler after the invasion of Poland. A wrong over the Czechs that was rectified by a right over Poland gets ignored. :rolleyes:

You do know that Hitler offered peace to Britain don't you? Britain could have been like most other nations in Europe at the time, i.e either turning a blind eye or jumping on the gravy train and joining forces with him. It would have been far easier.

Chamberlain was one of the reasons why "we" happened to be under the Nazi jackboot in the first place, because Czechoslovakia could pretty easily defend the country but was forbidden to do so after Munich. Like it or not, Munich Agreement was a very naive and, considering that Czechoslovakia was excluded from the conference, also a very arrogant "diplomatic" move. Hitler's invasion of Poland only showed how much the western countries had underestimated him.

It's not like British politicians suddenly woke up, saw all the wrongdoings and then decided to sacrifice the brave British men for the sake of another country. It was a result of the fact that the previous attempts to avoid any disagreement with Hitler, as any cost, poved as ineffective.

You knew very well that by mentioning WW2, the chances that it would provoke this kind of reaction (i.e. me mentioning Chamberlain in return)were quite high. You seek and take pleasure in discussions of this kind. So please, don't act like a good guy who's just being offended by an ignorant Continental European. Your chauvinistic, one-sided vision is what's "typical," and not my response to it.

Pet peeve. Continental Europeans ready to cite Chamberlain's wrong judgement over the Czechs yet will completely ignore the British sacrifice that followed....especially as Hitler didn't even want a war with the British.

I'm not ignoring anything. You brought this up and it was BIGDAN who first mentioned some alleged hatred agains you poor Englishmen, only to advocate his own resentment. If you want your sacrifice to be appreaciated, find some Frenchman who you can tease for this ad nauseum. Not me. I'm not even Polish, to be obliged to appreaciate the final declaration of war; I live in former Sudetenland. My readiness to cite Chamberlain is pretty justifiable, since your comment was addressed to me in particular.

As for Hitler never wanting a war with the British...that's very questionable. He sure never wanted a war with the Soviets; but British isles were pretty, relatively small, and habitable with developped economics (though already stagnating).

Long live Nicolas Winton, the true WW2 British hero. It is a great pity he couldn't save more children also from other countries, because while everyone was preoccupied with themselves in order to risk nothing, he risked a lot to help those who needed it the most.

Ooohh! Cottage cheese! That's the other thing that I need to put on my shopping list. ;)

I love cottage cheese! Especially on pancakes, mixed with sugar and cinnamon. My mom also mixes it with canned pineapple, which is a strange, but delicious combination.

I love cottage cheese! Especially on pancakes, mixed with sugar and cinnamon. My mom also mixes it with canned pineapple, which is a strange, but delicious combination.

Not at all - before I had to stop eating dairy, I used to mix pineapple in it and in the stores, you can get it pre-mixed.

Being called a European (i find it offensive)....I'm English first, British second.......I can never ever be a European, after all Europe(as i learned at a very early age) is a Continent whereas Britain is an Island.....

Being called a European (i find it offensive)....I'm English first, British second.......I can never ever be a European, after all Europe(as i learned at a very early age) is a Continent whereas Britain is an Island.....

Great Britain is part of the continent of Europe. Madagascar is an island, but it's still part of the continent of Africa. Alaska and Hawaii aren't even attached to the contiguous United States, but they're still American states.

Great Britain is part of the continent of Europe. Madagascar is an island, but it's still part of the continent of Africa. Alaska and Hawaii aren't even attached to the contiguous United States, but they're still American states.

Alaska is part of the North American Contient. Britain is an Island surrounded by water and therefore is not part of the European Continent. Politicaly attached we unfortuntely maybe but Geographicaly not.

Britain is an Island surrounded by water and therefore is not part of the European Continent.

England is still part of Europe, though. Geographically, politically, economically and socially. It may not be on the mainland, just like Hawaii and Alaska aren't attached to the mainland of the United States, but it's still a country in Europe. The fact that Hawaii is also an island [or group of islands] completely surrounded by water doesn't mean anything.

Ireland, Iceland, Sicily, Corsica, Sardinia.....they aren't attached to the mainland of Europe either, but they're all European countries.

Ilove cottage cheese! Especially on pancakes, mixed with sugar andcinnamon. My mom also mixes it with canned pineapple, which is astrange, but delicious combination.

I love it too!

YUM!

I eat it mixed with pineapple too--sometimes.

I'll eat it plain, and sometimes, I add some spices to it (like garlic and salt and pepper), and I eat a bowl of it for lunch.

What Niner said is right--I used to buy the mixed-pineapple a lot for lunch when I worked at a grocery store. It's also good with berries mixed in. ;)

Cottage cheese is SO disgusting. I give major props to anyone that can eat it, but to me it looks like something......never mind. I want you to be able to continue eating it.

:lol: I can understand that - the only way I would eat it before I developed issues with dairy is to have pineapple mixed in. But plain - couldn't do.

I love Cottage Cheese! Actually, Breakstones' Cottage Cheese Doubles are, IMO, awesome. My faves are Blueberry and Apple Cinnamon.

Then again, I've been eating Cottage Cheese since I was born... so maybe it's indoctrination... :D

Pet Peeve:

Conspiracy theorists who are also fans of Bill Hicks.

So, since I'm a fan of Bill hicks, I can't become a Freemason, even when I know for a fact that most of the negative conspiracy theories are bullshit? Buddy, go fuck yourself. Maybe you need a wake-up call moreso then many religious people...

I love Cottage Cheese! Actually, Breakstones' Cottage Cheese Doubles are, IMO, awesome. My faves are Blueberry and Apple Cinnamon.

Then again, I've been eating Cottage Cheese since I was born... so maybe it's indoctrination... :D

Pet Peeve:

Conspiracy theorists who are also fans of Bill Hicks.

So, since I'm a fan of Bill hicks, I can't become a Freemason, even when I know for a fact that most of the negative conspiracy theories are bullshit? Buddy, go fuck yourself. Maybe you need a wake-up call moreso then many religious people...

Most conspiracy theories annoy me. Some are interesting, but some are just stupid

I especially hate 9/11 conspiracies.

People who play games and are misleading and manipulative.

:yesnod: You know, I've recently taken to being exacting about cutting people like that out of my life. Harsh, but necessary, and while uncomfortable, it makes room for better people to come along. Just depends on what the cost of putting up with that is. Sometimes it's benign, but at some point it gets to be not worth it. Hope things work out, nine! :wave:

People who play games and are misleading and manipulative.

Yep and it alway's makes me wonder why ??? The best I can come up with is it's some type of paranoid insecurity that requires people like that to feel like they are in control of their lives when in fact, they are not.

:lol: I can understand that - the only way I would eat it before I developed issues with dairy is to have pineapple mixed in. But plain - couldn't do.

I still don't get it.

I love, love, love it.

In fact, I bought a giant tub of it tonight! ;)

It has nothing to do with the opportunity to get a job (except maybe for Poland) in these countries. You just pay more...which is still less than what you would be willing to work for, or else those people wouldn't be encouraged to take the job, right? But don't worry, we have the same problem with Ukrainians, so I feel your pain.

Thank you for your empathy Kat, the first person i can honestly say i have spoke to that really knows what is happening in/too Europe, maybe the world, i dont know.

But please dont feel too sorry, the situation has a two edged sword, i now know how the System Works, and i have found out that by playing the system to my advantage i now do not need to work again, ever. "Social Security" you know that "State Benefit Handout" that is suppose to Help when the Going Gets Tough really does help, in fact it more than helps, it gives me more Money as Cash and i have to pay out less in Local Taxes, None, Medical Exemptions, No Road Tax Licence, No Parking Fees, No Congestion Charge in London, No More Mortgage Payments, the list is almost Endless. So i must thank my Government for all the Mistakes that they made, for as far as i'm concerned, i'm one of your biggest, Thanks.

Very Kind Regards, Danny

I still don't get it.

I love, love, love it.

In fact, I bought a giant tub of it tonight! wink.gif

Small curds or large curds?

I fiound that large curds with apple butter mixed in is a nice treat. I eat the doubles for lunch but I am starting to get sick of them. I am thinking about swithing back to a pint of stout.munchies.gifbeer.gif

I always thought it's rather vice versa. Or maybe you're talking about the backlash...?

"Wherever on this planet ideals of personal freedom and dignity apply, there you will find the cultural inheritance of England." ~Karel Čapek

Hi Kat, again, nice to talk to you.

As Mangani said, we have more friends with the Northern Europeans than the Southern ones. I mostly dislike the French (because of my hatred for garlic mostly) Spanish/Portugese (to many Knifings, they want your money but not you) Italians (again too quick to stab you) in fact most Latins are like this, Nasty Men, Greasy Food, Poor Beer but Beautiful Women.

Your Quote of Karel Čapek is so very Right, England the Home of Modern Civilisation.

I also think we have a bond through War and Suffering with the Slav People of Europe, the Poles, Czechs, and many others who have sought and obtained our help over here in England, however late it so often may have come.

Kind Regards, Danny

I do.

It's like this: Eastern Bloc immigrants more willing to work the kind of jobs that we don't want to do. And a good portion of these jobs are manual. Construction, agriculture, etc -- they'll do them, whereas we'd prefer not to, or, if we did, demand a higher wage. That's why we encourage, because we can still get the job done, and with less wages to pay. If you're down and out, you should take what you can get. Unfortunately, some would rather prefer the dole office over that.

I'm not going to bad mouth those that want to work here, because, once upon a time, my family were in the same boat.

Good for you then LDW, you might think that because your family, Once Apon A Time, were helped over here in Emgland to find work, with bad conditions, and with low pay, that you feel benevolent to this Country, i dont.

I have a Higher Regard for my Education, My Work Ethic, and my Ancestry, to allow My Countries Government to treat its Ethnic People unfavourably worse than Non-Ethnic Peoples from far off climes just to get them to come here to work for less than the going rate that once applied to Us English. I have nothing but admiration for People who leave their Countries for a better life, but when that Better Life Impinges on the Standard of Living of those that jobs they take, dont expect me, or people like me, to accept them with opem arms will you?

"Eastern Bloc immigrants more willing to work the kind of jobs that we don't want to do."

Your Quote, total Bollocks my dear, we were doing just fine, untill Employers, with Our Governments backing brought in Foreigh Workers to do these jobs for far less money, not because WE didnt want to do them but because they could get someone to do it for less, FCUK THE WORKERS-FCUK THE UNIONS-FCUK THE NEXT GENERATION, of our children, consigned to the sidelines, a generation who will never have a work ethic, never know what its like to have a job, only have money from the Dole, and People wonder why this Countries Crime Figures are Rising and Drugs are more commonplace than ever before. Give me a break, or a decent Wage.

Bring on the Revolution, "na fanks m8 i gotta sine on tomorra, i dont wanna lose me dloe money do i?"

Regards, Danny

PS, I'm not "Down and Out" but i'm Fcuked if i'm gonna "Take What I Can get"

Fortunately, some would rather prefer the Dole office over that.

PPS, My Grandad didnt Fight Two World Wars for these Shithead Tin Pot Politicans to Give what he Fought For and Millions died for, to Foreigners did he, and i'll take the Dole anytime over Low Wages, so will Millions of other Patriotic English Men and Women, thank the Lord

Quite often, that's the very best part.

"The meat is sweatest closest to the bone." The marrow is one of most nutrient rich parts of an animal. It is high in protein and rich in minerals.

You've got me craving a juicy t-bone rto go along with that pint.wave.gifthankyou.gifbeer.gif

Cottage cheese is SO disgusting. I give major props to anyone that can eat it, but to me it looks like something......never mind. I want you to be able to continue eating it.

I'm with you on that; I do try it periodically (and try different curd sizes/fat contents); but no dice. I love yogurt though.

My pet peeve is when people don't put vacation messages on their work phone/email. Seriously, you can do it from home if you forget... <_<

Archived