Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Come to think of it, maybe you girls are right. Stealth mode and hiding might be a great idea for message boards.

Understanding all the stalking and such going on, I suppose that's a prudent option.

I'm gonna hide now and try it.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :)

So to speak. ;)

Felling paranoid, Joel? :)

Makes it harder for you to stalk, doesn't it? It also makes it harder to tell if we're watching you. Must be terrifying. :rolleyes:

People that whistle while they work, just gets under my skin especially if they are loud :slapface:

Yes, there is someone where I work who is always complaining about noise, but he plays the radio in his office and frequently whistles to the music.

That's when I grab the headphones and my CD's.

Got word yesterday that the company I work for will NOT be offering a Xmas lunch to it's night side employees. Sour grapes you may think, but us dark dwellers are the only ones in the outfit who get bypassed. This has been going on for a few years now and all of us are wondering if we've become a forgotten force. It's not like we expect something for nothing but when management is putting on a lunch for every other employee then you'd think that they'd have enough sense to do it for everyone. :(

Guess I'll have to snafu a company credit card and treat us darksiders to a little

Ho Ho Ho ;)

My Boss : Feck me Ally. That was taxpayers money you used :o

Got word yesterday that the company I work for will NOT be offering a Xmas lunch to it's night side employees. Sour grapes you may think, but us dark dwellers are the only ones in the outfit who get bypassed. This has been going on for a few years now and all of us are wondering if we've become a forgotten force. It's not like we expect something for nothing but when management is putting on a lunch for every other employee then you'd think that they'd have enough sense to do it for everyone. :(

Guess I'll have to snafu a company credit card and treat us darksiders to a little

Ho Ho Ho ;)

My Boss : Feck me Ally. That was taxpayers money you used :o

Oh, that's wrong; they should do something for everyone or not at all :angry:

And re: the whistling; the person in the cube behind me whisper-sings with her headphones on <_< Which then requires me to put my headphones on.

My peeve of today is that obnoxious McDonalds commercial where the guy is walking around holding up a dollar, going "What can you give me for this dollar?" <_< (sorry, I looked for the tv commercial thread but couldn't find it).

• 3 weeks later...

Over the top braggers. <_<

Vet fees.

Buying some food you've been craving, only to have the package you bought to be a total waste of dough. Ok, it was a Sarah Lee cheesecake. Used to be great, but this one was horrid. I had to chuck it. :angry::( And I was so looking forward to a nice piece of cheesecake.

People who you do, do, do for and yet when you need a small thing from them......they are so unavailable.

Boredom on the board. ;)

The dumb so-and-so who spilled Dr. Pepper all over my sister's $2,000 Macbook, which thankfully due to Apple's policy, will only cost her $800 as a flat fee to have fixed. She's having to take out an emergency student loan in order to pay for this.

Who the hell has an open container of anything near a computer? When I was in college, if you were at the computers and had something to drink nearby, it had to be something with a cap so that if it spilled, nothing would happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just spent 2 1/2 hours proofreading a hatchet job of an essay. I know it's my job, but take some time and send your best effort instead of a thirteen page train wreck FFS :mad::mad:

Agreed - I'm sorry you just spent all that time trying to make some sense out of it :console:

it must be christmas i just saw the first chia pet and the clapper commercials. wait a minute, its 2009 and they are still selling the clapper and chia pets?? those business' must really be onto something if they are still selling this stuff after all these years. the clapper has a new remote control clapper...thats interesting that they updated the technology of their name brand. welcome to 2009 clapper, but you still sell the good old clapper cause its so convenient and simple. now there is also a chia pet herb garden...you sprinkle seeds on a little flower pot and it grows to herbs. wow...this is good for folks who cant plant something in the ground i guess, or for folks who are really really so sober they get stupid. i'm sorry, i just turn the lights off with a good old fashioned switch and buy spice at the store.

I was shopping tonight and you are right, the chia pets are on the shelves. I found some string indoor lights on sale for $1.49, which I thought was an excellent price for lighting up the darkness in the nights to come. The sun set at 4:26 pm today. It is getting darker earlier and earlier.

I hate when people walk in a row slowly blocking the entire width of a sidewalk. Come on!! This is Manhattan, damn it!! Get the hell out of my way!! :angry:

Yes!! Omg that happens all the time over here too, and esp. annoying when they are slow.

My Pet Peeve: Cyclists: why don't they think that the red light at a traffic light means stop? they have to obey the highway code n all that, like people in cars, the number of times I could have been hit, by someone cycling through a red light is ridiculous!

Creationists.

Seriously... how can people willingly persist in such delusions despite the accumulated knowledge of not just the last 150 years, but the last 2000 years? I just don't get it.

(Side note... I'm a recent "deconvert" to atheism and I somehow managed to get dragged into the Creation vs. Evolution debate... and it's driving me to drink.)

Yes!! Omg that happens all the time over here too, and esp. annoying when they are slow.

My Pet Peeve: Cyclists: why don't they think that the red light at a traffic light means stop? they have to obey the highway code n all that, like people in cars, the number of times I could have been hit, by someone cycling through a red light is ridiculous!

People who don't get out of the way of cyclists when we yell "on the left" before passing them. Damn pedestrians! :angry:

I was out walking my puppy earlier this evening before it got too cold, and we passed by this couple who were out jogging or walking....doing something vaguely aerobic. Anyway, as we passed, the woman said, "that's the *****-lover" to the person she was walking with. She didn't even try to keep it out of earshot. Which made me bust out laughing, and she looked rather.......annoyed at my reaction and began to run away in the opposite direction of where she was originally going.

Now why would this woman say such a thing? Oh right, we had an Obama/Biden lawn sign during the election cycle last year that got put in our garage after Election Day since well, we didn't need it out anymore.

There's a member of a white separatist group on our block as well and I know this because when we moved in, our neighbors to the left of our house warned us about them. Told us and I quote...."a special kind of redneck lives in that house". This particular woman doesn't live in that house I don't think, but it wouldn't surprise me if she did. Now we don't live in a trashy or poor part of town, rather this subdivision is pretty upscale. Not filthy rich, but it's not a trailer court. So this kind of rather............low-rent behavior is surprising and one of the few things I don't like about where we live.

I was out walking my puppy earlier this evening before it got too cold, and we passed by this couple who were out jogging or walking....doing something vaguely aerobic. Anyway, as we passed, the woman said, "that's the *****-lover" to the person she was walking with. This dumb twunt didn't even try to keep it out of earshot. Which made me bust out laughing, and she looked rather.......annoyed at my reaction and began to run away in the opposite direction of where she was originally going.

Now why would this woman say such a thing? Oh right, we had an Obama/Biden lawn sign during the election cycle last year that got put in our garage after Election Day since well, we didn't need it out anymore.

There's a member of a white separatist group on our block as well and I know this because when we moved in, our neighbors to the left of our house warned us about them. Told us and I quote...."a special kind of redneck lives in that house". This particular woman doesn't live in that house I don't think, but it wouldn't surprise me if she did. Now we don't live in a trashy or poor part of town, rather this subdivision is pretty upscale. Not filthy rich, but it's not a trailer court. So this kind of rather............low-rent behavior is surprising and one of the few things I don't like about where we live. It's a gorgeous part of the state but as I told my father, a little too rural for this urbanite.

The entire state of Georgia is a shithole and you know it. You've got more white supremacists and people of color than a Spike Lee film.

Who are you trying to impress cupcake?

The dumb so-and-so who spilled Dr. Pepper all over my sister's $2,000 Macbook, which thankfully due to Apple's policy, will only cost her $800 as a flat fee to have fixed. She's having to take out an emergency student loan in order to pay for this.

Who the hell has an open container of anything near a computer? When I was in college, if you were at the computers and had something to drink nearby, it had to be something with a cap so that if it spilled, nothing would happen.

She should make the person who ruined it pay for it.

That's a bunch of bullshit.

I'vejust spent 2 1/2 hours proofreading a hatchet job of an essay. I knowit's my job, but take some time and send your best effort instead of athirteen page train wreck FFS :mad::mad:

That's ridiculous. I would tell them to throw it away and start over,and it's also my job to help out with making writing better, (I'm anEnglish teacher).

Archived