Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Tommy's Pet Peeve #76

[it stems from the 'michigan left-hand' turn with multiple lanes]

[primarily, those who take the inside lane but transition to the outside lane and cut everyone off]

[if you want to be in the outside lane, then take the outside lane]. [i feel left out].

Good to see you two finally agreeing on something ;):lol:

Walter Mitty types who, via social networking & internet forums, use implication, exaggeration, disingenuousness and downright lies to create entirely false representations of who and what they really are.

I'm sure it helps them feel better about themselves & their meaningless lives...but how very, very sad.

rJ8bg.jpg

But yes, I agree too. The no lifer's who feel the need to create a completely different persona online and with social networks.

Basically one big lie.

But yes, I agree too. The no lifer's who feel the need to create a completely different persona online and with social networks.

Basically one big lie.

It's not just that. I can't find the article where I read it now but basically it said that people generally only show their best side via social media, particularly FB. I don't think that's an attempt to be deceptive, at least not on purpose.

Good to see you two finally agreeing on something ;):lol:

Basically one big lie.

:redcard:

[this one fits me pretty well].

[i'm not part of any social media, but some people are shy and inward and use writing as an outlet].

[you can argue whether or not that is a different persona, but no life.... really]?

My daughter put me of facebook and all my family do is talk absolute bollocks to one another, the annoying part is that now it goes to my e-mail address, on Friday a neice of mine posted 25 different messages which went to me as well before opening them I asked my daughters what they were about and they said oh she's just posted 58 different pictures of her daughters holiday. I don't mean to be rude but what the fuck do I want to see them for, another neice changes her photo about every other day. WTF!!! I have a glance at it now and again and to me the people in my family don't make up a world, they will send stuff like.... I am having a cup og coffee now, who wants to read that?

My daughter put me of facebook and all my family do is talk absolute bollocks to one another, the annoying part is that now it goes to my e-mail address, on Friday a neice of mine posted 25 different messages which went to me as well before opening them I asked my daughters what they were about and they said oh she's just posted 58 different pictures of her daughters holiday. I don't mean to be rude but what the fuck do I want to see them for, another neice changes her photo about every other day. WTF!!! I have a glance at it now and again and to me the people in my family don't make up a world, they will send stuff like.... I am having a cup og coffee now, who wants to read that?

You can choose what post you allow onto you page...

I don't read them my daughters tell me, the annoying thing is that they come onto my e-mails and I don't know how to stop that, as I didn't think it was naything to do with facebook

You can go under your settings to turn off the email notifications.

I don't read them my daughters tell me, the annoying thing is that they come onto my e-mails and I don't know how to stop that, as I didn't think it was naything to do with facebook

Get one of your girls to block the things you don't want to see, i use to have loads of crap come through on my page.

All that i did was when in came up on my fb page on the right hand side there is an arrow that appears . move your cursor where it says sort, click on the arrow then it will give you options, that should be of some help to filter what you recieve

Get one of your girls to block the things you don't want to see, i use to have loads of crap come through on my page.

All that i did was when in came up on my fb page on the right hand side there is an arrow that appears . move your cursor where it says sort, click on the arrow then it will give you options, that should be of some help to filter what you recieve

Thanks.

The no lifer's who feel the need to create a completely different persona online and with social networks.

Basically one big lie.

It's not just that. I can't find the article where I read it now but basically it said that people generally only show their best side via social media, particularly FB. I don't think that's an attempt to be deceptive, at least not on purpose.

Some people feel a little more comfortable, confident and outgoing behind a computer screen and I have no problem with that .... good for them. Sometimes i'm in a foul mood, or sad or not feeling so good, but i'll come online and it can cheer me up straight away. Other times the opposite can happen, i'll read some childish, pointless, argumentative crap and it just pisses me off.

The people I do have a problem with are the ones who blatantly deceive others about who they are and their lifestyle, when in fact, their private lives are the complete opposite. The extreme example is the 65 year old, grotesque obese person, sitting behind a screen telling or insunuating they are a young hot stud and behaving that way online.

The extreme example is the 65 year old, grotesque obese person, sitting behind a screen telling or insunuating they are a young hot stud and behaving that way online.

I've been fooled by some of those types - it is indeed devastating...

The extreme example is the 65 year old, grotesque obese person, sitting behind a screen telling or insunuating they are a young hot stud and behaving that way online.

[i have a hard time beliving this is the type of person who would come to a led zeppelin forum]... [consider us lucky in that regard].

I HATE it when people tap their fingers/shoes, or make too many sounds, or breath too loud, or move too many times, or talk to much, or scream :P , or those 6th and 7th grade girls who don't give a crap about anybody in the vehicle and sing J***** B****** and O** D******* at the top of their lungs.

I also hate auto-correct with a passion.

I also hate it when people don't brush their teeth and think it's all fine and dandy because "It's not like any one can smell my breath" Well, we can. So ALLLL those people out there that don't brush your teeth at least twice a day, you're in trouble: people tend to hate bad breath.

[i have a hard time beliving this is the type of person who would come to a led zeppelin forum]... [consider us lucky in that regard].

I've been on these Zeppelin forums for nearly 10 years and i'm aware of 3. Two of these people were in the past. I became good friends with both of them and regardless of the online forum character they created, I'm still friends and have contact with one of them. These 2 were were a harmless deception, but still, it was deception none the less. Luckily I got to know the inner person before I discovered the outer person.

People who let their dogs shit on the pavement and just leave it, I've had arguments with so many of them, It's bad enough but there are signs posted on all of the roads and its painted at regular intervals on the pavement "Clean it up", they make me so mad, I hope the next time they leave it, their dog goes home and shits on their carpet.

People who let their dogs shit on the pavement and just leave it, I've had arguments with so many of them, It's bad enough but there are signs posted on all of the roads and its painted at regular intervals on the pavement "Clean it up", they make me so mad, I hope the next time they leave it, their dog goes home and shits on their carpet.

It's disrespectful, no doubt.

Looking in hindsight, it does make me giggle though. A couple hundred years back we were throwing our OWN shit into the streets below. Now we can't bare the sight of a little chihuahua turd.

I know of someone that has no pets but lives next door to someone that does. Any time one of their animals defecates in his yard, he scoops it up and places it on their front porch. I haven't heard the latest but I think that would teach the neighbor to clean up after their animals. Apparently this neighbor will take in any stray cat that happens to wander into the neighborhood so the poop problem has apparently escalated in recent months.

I know of someone that has no pets but lives next door to someone that does. Any time one of their animals defecates in his yard, he scoops it up and places it on their front porch. I haven't heard the latest but I think that would teach the neighbor to clean up after their animals. Apparently this neighbor will take in any stray cat that happens to wander into the neighborhood so the poop problem has apparently escalated in recent months.

Start a garden? :P

Good on him, next step ......post it through his letterbox (only joking). But there is no excuse for it, I hate the smell of dog shit, but when I take the dog for a walk I clean it up after him, and I guarantee he will do it every day even though he has already unloaded after his 7.30am meal

Good on him, next step ......post it through his letterbox (only joking). But there is no excuse for it, I hate the smell of dog shit, but when I take the dog for a walk I clean it up after him, and I guarantee he will do it every day even though he has already unloaded after his 7.30am meal

Actually, I just heard on the news recently of some national news executive doing that to his neighbor. He's in big trouble now.

Archived