Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Well, I also know that when you went by your old name, "icantquityoubabe", you were quite known for arguments, picking fights, hassling people...that is before you got yourself banned. But you seem to be right back at it.

FYI.. Every time I try and be nice to Electrophile she tells me off. So what am I supposed to do? I get the blame. But nobody says anything to little ms Queenie about her nastier than a rattlesnake attitude. Must be that Georgia air. And as for Mandy(forgot the spelling-sorry) the redhead, I have never been mean to her. In fact have talked to her very little. I posted a damn recipe the other day. I post stuff on the musicians forum as I play the guitar. I have alot of people here that DO like me believe it or not. I wont mention their names for fear of getting them on your bad side. And have I ever started anything with you (the one with the Neanderthal pic)???

I don't want to bring up other forums, but even with no Zep news for 3 months, ****** ******** and ### are getting along just fine, with little to no fights.

Why can't we do that, here?

Those aren't real sites Nate, just poor imitations. They represent the minor leagues of the Internet. You see, my theory is that some of the rules at this site are enforced just to annoy us. There are certain hoops one should have to jump thru in order to contribute here. A warning from a moderator....being told to get off a Steven A. Jones thread.....arguing with Jahfin....buying a bootleg t-shirt....getting yelled at for believing satanic shit about Jimmy....these are just a few of the steps necessary to acheive Zeppelin self-attainment here. These steps are not easy, and many are lost along the way. You'll meet those who lost at those other minor league sites. Don't become one of them Nate....Toughen up !!

Those aren't real sites Nate, just poor imitations. They represent the minor leagues of the Internet. You see, my theory is that some of the rules at this site are enforced just to annoy us. There are certain hoops one should have to jump thru in order to contribute here. A warning from a moderator....being told to get off a Steven A. Jones thread.....arguing with Jahfin....buying a bootleg t-shirt....getting yelled at for believing satanic shit about Jimmy....these are just a few of the steps necessary to acheive Zeppelin self-attainment here. These steps are not easy, and many are lost along the way. You'll meet those who lost at those other minor league sites. Don't become one of them Nate....Toughen up !!

I'm a proud member of PZ. Went there, first, in fact. It truly is my internet home.

So I take some offense to your words, here. PZ minor-leagues? So, a place that is run like a democracy, a place where trolls and bad-mouthing are not tolerated but freedom of speech is upheld to a standard, a place where normal members get a say in how the site is run, and a place where everyone is family is a minor-league site, but a place that deletes thread attempting to end the fights but allows the fights themselves to continue, a place that lets its trolls wander freely, a place where a gun thread gets deleted because one member is over-sensitive, and a place where the members (seem to) have more fun dissing each other and ranting then discussing Led Zeppelin is major-league?

Well then... fuck the major leagues. I'll take the minor leagues, thank you very much. At least in the minor leagues the mods and admins are genuine and the people can at least agree on their love of Zep.

FYI.. Every time I try and be nice to Electrophile she tells me off. So what am I supposed to do? I get the blame. But nobody says anything to little ms Queenie about her nastier than a rattlesnake attitude. Must be that Georgia air. And as for Mandy(forgot the spelling-sorry) the redhead, I have never been mean to her. In fact have talked to her very little. I posted a damn recipe the other day. I post stuff on the musicians forum as I play the guitar. I have alot of people here that DO like me believe it or not. I wont mention their names for fear of getting them on your bad side. And have I ever started anything with you (the one with the Neanderthal pic)???

I'm not talking about you--I'm talking about the others on here who continually post and repost and post again with new screen names. It's a little pathetic. If you have been banned more than once, get the freakin' hint! :rolleyes:

So you got banned for something or another. Then you get banned for it a second time. And a third time, and a fourth.

That's what I'm talking about. Repeated bannings for the same reason.

I've finally had a chance to look at the Gun thread and have restored it.

Thank you Sam.

I don't have anything 'invested' in that thread or its existance per se, but I'm glad you restored it after looking at it for yourself. Thanks again.

I don't know...I've been here for years and have never had any of that happen to me....

I will tell you what's currently irritating me.

We need new windows for our house. But they're expensive, so Dave won't even talk about it with me.

I'm sitting next to a window, and I feel cold air rushing in. A breeze, really...and I can see one of the plants nearby waving in the wind. Last summer, I pulled a weed out of the inside of the windowsill.

I'm freezing. We need new windows. :rolleyes:

I will tell you what's currently irritating me.

We need new windows for our house. But they're expensive, so Dave won't even talk about it with me.

I'm sitting next to a window, and I feel cold air rushing in. A breeze, really...and I can see one of the plants nearby waving in the wind. Last summer, I pulled a weed out of the inside of the windowsill.

I'm freezing. We need new windows. :rolleyes:

You pulled a weed from INSIDE the windowsill? Oh dear! :lol: (Sorry...)

Doesn't Dave realize he will save a whole lotta money in usurious heating bills if he fixes the windows?

I just really don't think he understands how much money goes out the windows, (literally).

But I'm really not going to press the issue until I can afford to help pay for them. He's pretty much supporting my butt while I finish school. LOL I got estimates for nice vinyl windows about a year ago, but I haven't done anything with it yet.

I'd kind of like to have wood ones if we can afford it. Those are really nice.

i hate when people claim they like led zeppelin when all they've ever heard is stairway to heaven...an incident that bugged me several weeks ago...

my dad and i were in hottopic, and my dad was looking at the led zep tees(he was considering buying one for himslef, since he was in his prime when zep was really popular, and he even saw them on their first north american tour). then these two ppl behind him (about my age), were laughing and said "dude, what is HE looking at THOSE for?" so my dad said "well, let me tell you, you weren't even ALIVE when zeppelin was popular, and YOU'RE wondering why I'M looking a this stuff?" then he rolled his eyes and they left, lol.

i also hate when people complain all the time and never do anything to change the situation.

Its not a pet peeve, but a sort of forced pet peeve...and thats picking up and containing dog hair from my dog....holy shit, its endless. the back seat of my car is the dogs! if i have to pick someone up from the airport, i have to borrow a car.

I just really don't think he understands how much money goes out the windows, (literally).

But I'm really not going to press the issue until I can afford to help pay for them. He's pretty much supporting my butt while I finish school. LOL I got estimates for nice vinyl windows about a year ago, but I haven't done anything with it yet.

I'd kind of like to have wood ones if we can afford it. Those are really nice.

Summer's coming up anyway. That's cool that he's supporting you! How much longer do you have?

Yes, I'd go for wood if I could afford it too. Windows are so expensive, it's amazing really. We have two that need replacing, they're double-paned and the seals broke, so now they're all cloudy and you can't see out of them. I hate 'em. But something else always takes their place on the budget, somehow. (Sick animal, broken car, tequila... ;) )

Its not a pet peeve, but a sort of forced pet peeve...and thats picking up and containing dog hair from my dog....holy shit, its endless. the back seat of my car is the dogs! if i have to pick someone up from the airport, i have to borrow a car.

Sorry to double post, but, I feel your pain. The dogs are exploding, hair everywhere, whole extra dogs worth... and yeah, for sure I cannot have passengers in the car. I don't smell it anymore, and don't notice the doggie-nose-print art on the windows until they're pretty thick. But apparently the ambience is annoying to others. :D

Archived