Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Well I'll have to admit that I can relate to the ladies about the sploosh experience. :(

I was drunk one night and woke up and went to the john and I could barely stand up.

So I figured just sit before I bust my arse, well it was dark and I just sat seat up!

:o I had the added bonus of feeling my gonads dipped in ICE COLD! toilet water. :o:o

:hysterical::hysterical:

:unsure: Sorry

I think home bathrooms should have urinals in them, in addition to the toilet. Bam! Problem solved. B)

:o It's so simple, it just might work!

You are far too sensible for this place. :D

Everyone here does a good job putting the seat down; our cat will only drink out of the toilet for some strange reason :blink: and he'll fall in if the seat is left up. (They are all very good flushers, thankfully).

We had a tank overflow the other day; the hose in the thingy in the tank came loose and water was pouring out of the tank. I took the lid off to try and fix it and water shot across the room. But it was easily fixed, thankfully!

I think home bathrooms should have urinals in them, in addition to the toilet. Bam! Problem solved. B)

That is a brilliant idea. Maybe it will catch on. I heard that in places like Japan the toilet is just a hole in the floor and you squat over it. I think that people who don't put the lid down should use those then they could fall in.

That is a brilliant idea. Maybe it will catch on. I heard that in places like Japan the toilet is just a hole in the floor and you squat over it. I think that people who don't put the lid down should use those then they could fall in.

They have those in Pakistan. Once you visit it, you'll never complain about another bathroom here again :P

Exactly. Women have been complaining about the toilet seat thing for ages. But it's just laziness just to be not able to look at the toilet seat to see if it's up or down and then put it down if it's up. I always look before i sit. It isn't rocket science.

Well, it's not rocket science to just put the fucking thing down, either.

Especially since we'll get our hands full of germs before we go to the bathroom and have to put our hands down in those "special" places.

I cant' imagine walking into a bath room to use the toilet and not noticing if the seat is up or down.

I would think that you would also be looking at the seat to be sure that it isn't wet.

If the toilet seat being up or down is a concern, I would think that you would remember to look each time.

^well, see, women don't exactly think about it until they sit on the toilet and the seat's down.

Why?

Oh, probably because they don't lift if for any reason other than to clean the damned thing. If you think about it this way, I will make sense.

Men put the seat up to urinate.

Men leave the seat down to do #2.

Women leave the seat down to urinate.

Women leave the seat down to do #2.

See here? 3 out of 4 "functions" are done with the seat down.

Notice that women NEVER put the seat up.

See why we wouldn't think about it?

It's kind of like asking a man why they never check to see if their wives are out of tampons before going to the store.

They don't do it because they don't need to!

Women don't put the seat up because they don't need to, therefore, they don't think about it as much as men do.

BTW--Dave almost always puts the seat down. He always has--even when he lived alone. What does that say?

You tell 'em, Manders. :D We back onto the thing, for Pete's sake. We might be looking in the mirror and then just turn around, unzip and sit down. God, Spats will call women lazy for any damn thing! Like it's not lazy to leave it up in the first place! :angry:

You tell 'em, Manders. :D We back onto the thing, for Pete's sake. We might be looking in the mirror and then just turn around, unzip and sit down. God, Spats will call women lazy for any damn thing! Like it's not lazy to leave it up in the first place! :angry:

Not to mention that in my case and most women I know--that when you live with a man, usually it's your husband or significant other.

They are supposed to help make your life better--just like the wife/girlfriend should try to make the man's life better.

IMO, that includes putting down the damned seat!

Like I said, my Davey puts the seat down every time--most every time. :D

Well, it's not rocket science to just put the fucking thing down, either.

Especially since we'll get our hands full of germs before we go to the bathroom and have to put our hands down in those "special" places.

^well, see, women don't exactly think about it until they sit on the toilet and the seat's down.

Why?

Oh, probably because they don't lift if for any reason other than to clean the damned thing. If you think about it this way, I will make sense.

Men put the seat up to urinate.

Men leave the seat down to do #2.

Women leave the seat down to urinate.

Women leave the seat down to do #2.

See here? 3 out of 4 "functions" are done with the seat down.

Notice that women NEVER put the seat up.

See why we wouldn't think about it?

It's kind of like asking a man why they never check to see if their wives are out of tampons before going to the store.

They don't do it because they don't need to!

Women don't put the seat up because they don't need to, therefore, they don't think about it as much as men d

thanks for all the helpful toilet insight

BTW--Dave almost always puts the seat down. He always has--even when he lived alone. What does that say?

[/quot

That's not the point of my post. He said we were lazy because we didn't put the seat down, but men are guilty of the same thing.

I also hate when people in the sentence in woman. Like "Move woman." or "Turn in this paper for me, woman."

To look at the bigger picture for a moment, here...if the whole toilet seat issue causes that big of a rift in your relationship, perhaps you really don't care about that person very much to begin with.

To look at the bigger picture for a moment, here...if the whole toilet seat issue causes that big of a rift in your relationship, perhaps you really don't care about that person very much to begin with.

Just to make an analytical observation here. Intense consultations with "The Toilet Paper Faerie," may be in order :-)

If any of you were nurses, you wouldn't find this issue so exciting...LOL.

I couldn't be a nurse. Too much blood involved and you have to stick people. I can't handle seeing a needle stick out of my arm let alone someone elses while I'm holding it.

Didn't I say, like this exact same thing earlier?

But, women are the ones being unfair and unreasonable when it comes to this. It is their responsibility to lower the seat if they need to use it.

It is much easier to lower the seat than to raise the seat.

As women are primarily shorter, they don't have to bend down as far, or at all to lower the seat, and when the seat is being lowered, the natural falling motion caused by gravity, makes the seat lowering extremely easy (the woman only has to ensure the seat doesn't crash down). Women are also designed to be more flexible, and can bend down without much stress on their body.

Now the man on the other hand, usually being taller than the women, and not structurally designed to be bending over, if they do as the woman wants, will be bending over to pick the seat up, and then when they are finished, they will be bending over to place the seat down.(in this case, the gravitational benefit is eliminated because the man is bending over to stop the crash of the seat).

This puts the man's body in unnecessary and dangerous positions, which he is not built to handle.

If you think I am joking, think of all the men you have known who have bad backs, and whose backs have just "popped" one day while simply bending down.

Another argument would be that keeping the seat down for the woman is irresponsible because it creates and encourages a dulling of her senses. Creating this false sense of security is comparable to devolution because the most fit are the ones that should be surviving, and if we make things too secure, then we eliminate the special "edge" needed for survival, and those that shouldn't survive will end up surviving.

Any woman that is so comfortable, that she will just sit on the toilet seat without looking, deserves to be eliminated because if had that comfort in the wild, she would in fact be eliminated by nature.

I can keep on making arguments here.

Didn't I say, like this exact same thing earlier?

But, women are the ones being unfair and unreasonable when it comes to this. It is their responsibility to lower the seat if they need to use it.

It is much easier to lower the seat than to raise the seat.

As women are primarily shorter, they don't have to bend down as far, or at all to lower the seat, and when the seat is being lowered, the natural falling motion caused by gravity, makes the seat lowering extremely easy (the woman only has to ensure the seat doesn't crash down). Women are also designed to be more flexible, and can bend down without much stress on their body.

Now the man on the other hand, usually being taller than the women, and not structurally designed to be bending over, if they do as the woman wants, will be bending over to pick the seat up, and then when they are finished, they will be bending over to place the seat down.(in this case, the gravitational benefit is eliminated because the man is bending over to stop the crash of the seat).

This puts the man's body in unnecessary and dangerous positions, which he is not built to handle.

If you think I am joking, think of all the men you have known who have bad backs, and whose backs have just "popped" one day while simply bending down.

Another argument would be that keeping the seat down for the woman is irresponsible because it creates and encourages a dulling of her senses. Creating this false sense of security is comparable to devolution because the most fit are the ones that should be surviving, and if we make things too secure, then we eliminate the special "edge" needed for survival, and those that shouldn't survive will end up surviving.

Any woman that is so comfortable, that she will just sit on the toilet seat without looking, deserves to be eliminated because if had that comfort in the wild, she would in fact be eliminated by nature.

I can keep on making arguments here.

This is an arguement that's easy to get right. If you have a woman or a girl in the house lower the freaking seat. I about fell in one one night. I had forgotten I had workers in putting a floor in my BR. I laughed my ass off, that rim is cold as snot lol.

This is why dogs love to drink out of toilets. It's the coldest water in the house.

Archived