Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Alright, here's a pet peeve. Virtually every time I got through the drive-thru at a fast food place, I get home to discover the fries are about 2/3 full. In the restaurant they fill the fries container till it's overflowing, because they know you'll say something about getting shorted, but that the drive-thru I get shorted EVERY TIME. It's to the point where I think it's a policy with fast food places to cut costs, if they short every person 1/3 of their fries, that really adds up.

Alright, here's a pet peeve. Virtually every time I got through the drive-thru at a fast food place, I get home to discover the fries are about 2/3 full. In the restaurant they fill the fries container till it's overflowing, because they know you'll say something about getting shorted, but that the drive-thru I get shorted EVERY TIME. It's to the point where I think it's a policy with fast food places to cut costs, if they short every person 1/3 of their fries, that really adds up.

I've pretty much cut out fast food but I always made it a point to check my order before driving off. Of course, I realize that's not always possible (it's called "fast food" for a reason). Once, I placed an order at McDonald's and was miles down the road before I realized the cheeseburger I'd ordered with no pickles had a pickle but no cheeseburger! I was in communication with my older brother via CB radio at the time and after I told him the news he said, "welcome to Yankee Land!" The name of the town? Newcomersville, Ohio. I guess they noticed my Southern accent.

I've pretty much cut out fast food but I always made it a point to check my order before driving off. Of course, I realize that's not always possible (it's called "fast food" for a reason). Once, I placed an order at McDonald's and was miles down the road before I realized the cheeseburger I'd ordered with no pickles had a pickle but no cheeseburger! I was in communication with my older brother via CB radio at the time and after I told him the news he said, "welcome to Yankee Land!" The name of the town? Newcomersville, Ohio. I guess they noticed my Southern accent.

Well you cant expect to find brain surgeons working at McDonalds can you? If you go to those restaurants you are going to get many mistakes.. I think Wendys and Taco Hell are the lesser of many evils.

Well you cant expect to find brain surgeons working at McDonalds can you? If you go to those restaurants you are going to get many mistakes.. I think Wendys and Taco Hell are the lesser of many evils.

Good point but I think it had less to do with it being McDonald's and more to do with someone purposely getting my order wrong because I'm from the South. That is the only time I've ever had someone not include the burger itself in my order (it was just a bun and a pickle, no burger at all). As for Wendy's and Taco Hell, I really don't see them as being the "lesser" of anything as they also screw up orders. All it takes is one viewing of the movie Super Size Me for most people to swear off fast food. I may not have sworn it off completely myself but I definitely eat fast food less frequently these days.

It also adds up around your waistline, Matt. :lol:

I actually get really irritated when I order fries at Wendy's and the fries are gross.

I was a manger at WEndy's in high school--I know the Wendy's fries rules.

Throw out fries after 3 minutes

If a customer complains about the fries, immediately dump ALL fries and don't hand any out until they're all fresh new ones.

I get old fries about 90% of the time I go there. I'm usually happy to wait for fresh ones because old Wendy's fries are icky. yuk.gif

Good point but I think it had less to do with it being McDonald's and more to do with someone purposely getting my order wrong because I'm from the South. That is the only time I've ever had someone not include the burger itself in my order (it was just a bun and a pickle, no burger at all). As for Wendy's and Taco Hell, I really don't see them as being the "lesser" of anything as they also screw up orders. All it takes is one viewing of the movie Super Size Me for most people to swear off fast food. I may not have sworn it off completely myself but I definitely eat fast food less frequently these days.

We rarely do fast food anymore either. We ordered delivery from a locally owned restaurant the other night, and instead of chicken tenders, my son got a plain hamburger :blink:

With Mc Donalds, we just call the manager after we get home if they mess up the order, and then next time we go we get whatever the item was.

Ohio is hardly yankee land lol. I have been picked on because i am a yankee when i visit down south plenty, but i still like going.

Taco Bell is the best of the fast food restaurants, IMO. They have never, not once, screwed up any of my orders. I have always had the best service, and it's good food... plus, it takes less food to fill you up at Taco Bell.

Backyard Burger is second best, followed by Burger King. I only go to McDonald's, Wendy's, or KFC when nothing else is around, and, with the exception of their chicken biscuit, I avoid Chick-Fil-A at all costs. I also avoid those fast food fish places, which are never good, IMO.

Then again, do we count places like Moe's, Subway, Quizno's and such as fast food? If so, then I'd say Quizno's, Taco Bell, Backyard Burger, Moe's, and Subway are all at the top (5), and in that order.

Oh, and as far as Supersize Me... that movie is a pet peeve because the people shown in the movie are eating that food 24/7/365. Of course that's what happens if all you eat is fast food. But for people like me, where fast food is maybe 2 or 3 times a month, and I always get regular size (never large or "supersized"), we're at way less of a risk of that happening. The problem with the movie is that people who only get fast food irregularly are swearing it off.

Now, I'm not saying fast food isn't bad for you. No duh it is. But if you only choose it as a last resort (you're in the car, you're hungry, you won't be near any of your own food or any kind of "healthy" food any time soon, and you have between $5 and $10), then the movie doesn't apply to you.

But if you're eating fast food 24/7/365 (like a good amount of people do), then, yeah, you're gonna have some serious issues.

My school has put a new email service into use.

I have no clue how to notify all of my former email senders via BSU (all random-ass people at BSU) what my new address is.

Furthermore, we are supposed to be able to hit one button to forward our mail.

Pfft.

Not working right, GRRR!

Well that's crappy. Personally, I like Southern accents...

But anyway, here is my pet peeve of the day:

People who come up with "inventive" ways to spell their kids's names. As someone who sees thousands of names every day in my job, I can tell you this---It doesn't make your child look "unique", but it does make you look uneducated!

Well that's crappy. Personally, I like Southern accents...

But anyway, here is my pet peeve of the day:

People who come up with "inventive" ways to spell their kids's names. As someone who sees thousands of names every day in my job, I can tell you this---It doesn't make your child look "unique", but it does make you look uneducated!

I really enjoy southern accents too. Particularly with the women. :P They are friendlier than women up north. Even when you go to the fast food joints in the south. The girls behind the counter call you honey, and sweety. Up here they grunt.

But i have been down south tons of times and never get tired of hearing the southern accents.

I've got plenty of fast food experience.

Taco Bell: the worst service of any fast food place I've been. Every state, and nearly most I've been too, have had unacceptable service. Wrong orders, horribly made food, long wait time, attitude. I have never seen a more unmotivated and lazy crew at a fast food place. The only thing is that when the food is made properly, it is very good.

KFC: service is usually good. How hard is it to fuck this one up? It isn't like they are dealing with a million small details like a burger or taco place would be. The food is awesome.

Burger King: I don't eat there. Occasionally, I will, but very rarely. I just think the food sucks there to be honest........Their breakfast is lame, their fries are fake and I was sick of them the first few times I ate them, and the rest of it sucks. They have a few good things on the menu, like the chicken sandwich, and the tenders (which I think they got rid of.) They have poisoned themselves.

McDonald's: McDonald's usually has outstanding service. The burgers and fries are classic. Always have new and innovative products which are usually excellent. They have had consistently good service and quality in most of the ones I have been too, with the exception being Louisiana. I have been to 2 of them down here that have been awful.

Wendy's: Wendy's has proven itself to have excellent service also. They have good menu with plenty of the "homecooked" variety. Baked potatoes, chili, salads, great chicken sandwiches etc. They have been very good in my experience.

Sonic: First tried this place this year, and I love the food. The service has been good in terms of food quality and speed, but not very good in taking in the details of your order.

Anyone remember Roy Rogers? My god was that food awesome.

I like Church's chicken and some of the Popeyes. It will vary at different locations.

Down here there is a sandwich shop or some kind of food kitchen on every block so you can usually get a fresh Po-Boy or hot meal. When we do eat fastfood it's usually on the go like at work when I'm on the road.

Gawd I love New Orleans :D

New Orleans is great. I have only been there once, but I am going to try and make it down there again before I leave Louisiana.

The Hand Grenade from the Tropical Isle is awesome.

That drink is unique. It got me so unbelievably fucked up, I mean to the point where I couldn't even see right, and I felt like I was on a stimulant or something. I was so fucked up, yet, didn't get or feel sick. Didn't even have a hangover.

I need more of those as soon as possible.

New Orleans is great. I have only been there once, but I am going to try and make it down there again before I leave Louisiana.

The Hand Grenade from the Tropical Isle is awesome.

That drink is unique. It got me so unbelievably fucked up, I mean to the point where I couldn't even see right, and I felt like I was on a stimulant or something. I was so fucked up, yet, didn't get or feel sick. Didn't even have a hangover.

I need more of those as soon as possible.

Cheers :beer:

DSCN2140sized.jpg

Anyone remember Roy Rogers? My god was that food awesome.

Roy Rogers was wonderful; fix your own burgers! :) My favorite right now is Chipotle; I love the salads with chicken. Chick-Fil-A is a very close second though!

My husband and son like the Baconator at Wendy's :lol: The girls like Taco Bell.

I try to avoid Burger King; the stores near here at least are not the cleanest and I don't like their chicken. I think McDonalds has the best fries and also has pretty decent coffee. The $1 yogurt parfaits are great too for breakfast.

I only go to McDonald's, Wendy's, or KFC when nothing else is around, and, with the exception of their chicken biscuit, I avoid Chick-Fil-A at all costs.

Oh dear; I've never heard anything bad about Chick-Fil-A before; what happened?

I went to a concert last night and people there were drunk and loud. That is my new pet peeve. Security came down a few times and finally the people left. It was Robert (:cheer:) and my first concert so that made me a little bit mad. It was a lot of fun though.

Hey Dzldoc, I only went on Bourbon street when I was down there. What else is there to the night life in New Orleans? I always thought there would be a lot more than Bourbon street, but my buddies I were with said that was about it, but they may not have known.

Archived