Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Hey Dzldoc, I only went on Bourbon street when I was down there. What else is there to the night life in New Orleans? I always thought there would be a lot more than Bourbon street, but my buddies I were with said that was about it, but they may not have known.

It's been awhile since I've been out. One of my old haunts was destroyed during the storm in fact all of west end was wiped out at the lake front. There are many places throughout the city for late night happenings. Here's a helpful link.

http://www.nolatonight.com/bars.htm

A few peeves from forum life.

Whenever someone starts an online thread about football, you can be sure of two things.

1. someone will say that soccer is the "real football"

2. someone will say rugby is rougher or tougher or whatever

Even if you believe these things, why say it every time? It's been said a million times already.

It's the same for people who post in "what are you watching on TV" type threads with " I don't watch TV it's stupid" or meat threads with "I don't eat meat it's gross". What's the point?

If you don't have something to add that's on topic move along, it's not hard

Sometimes a thread may also go off topic, but still should it really matter? Every thread is about conversing, so what's the problem?

the problem is it normally turns a perfectly good thread into a shitfest

edited to add:

it's the antitopic posts I'm speaking of mostly, meant to start trouble or to show the poster thinks they are better than the others posting. Not the typical straying off topic that's normal for long threads, that's acceptable.

Pet peeve:

People who respond to stuff in my posts I never said, and ignore me then get angry at me and call me a jerk and a moron because I call them out for it.

that thread is a war, and it usually isnt about the candidates... besides i dont like people who look like they are banned but continue to return... but I have no control or any way to stop it

oh well... take a breather nathan, if overthehills is who I think he is... he has of history of going after people... as hard as it may seem, just ignore him he is(was) not worth it

Maybe it's just me. Has anyone (in the U.S. anyway) ever purchase the flavored coffee creamers in the plastic bottles with the flip-top lids? I believe they are made by nestle. My point is this: these 'bottles' are a complete design flaw. When closing the lid, the product sprays all over the place. More than once these 'fool-proof' lids have fooled me into spilling nearly the entire contents of the bottle all over the goddamn place. Is it just me, the incurable klutz? Or is this a serious design flaw which forever cuts into my my important coffee drinking time?! You be the judge... :wacko:

sigh, why cant I proof-read before I post it...(edited)

A another pet peeve...

Bumping into people i knew in high school who i didn't get along with or girls that had no use for me and they act like nothing ever happened and they say "hey! good to see ya, how are ya doin?". Give me a break. :o I have pretty much brushed them all off. Buddy says I should forgive and forget but i say no. Good riddance.

If i saw someone like that and we didn't get along back then i wouldn't have the ridiculous nerve to act like nothing bad ever happened.

^that's called being a grown-up Spats. Maybe eve realizing that the differences you had with them were stupid. :rolleyes:

My pet peeve: I send my boyfriend to the grocery store for stuff for dinner, and he's always gone for like an hour! We live less than five minutes away from about three different grocery stores!

Not to mention that he bought Johnsonville sausages when I asked him to get "hot Italian sausage" for spaghetti. :lol: ("You didn't specify ground sausage." )

I was like, "when was the last time you ate spaghetti with sausage links?!?"

^that's called being a grown-up Spats. Maybe eve realizing that the differences you had with them were stupid. :rolleyes:

My pet peeve: I send my boyfriend to the grocery store for stuff for dinner, and he's always gone for like an hour! We live less than five minutes away from about three different grocery stores!

Not to mention that he bought Johnsonville sausages when I asked him to get "hot Italian sausage" for spaghetti. :lol: ("You didn't specify ground sausage." )

Maybe he was hoping for Gumbo! :lol:

LOL

It was hot Italian sausage!

He asked for spaghetti!

He just does silly things like that all the time when he goes to the store.

I just asked him a few minutes ago, "really---when was the last time oyu have a huge sausage in your spaghetti?"

His reply?

"I don't cook the stuff--I just eat it."

Yeah...and he wonders why I asked him the other day if he was really spats on .com. ROFL

You shoulda cooked them in like nothing was wrong.... :lol:

Not defending your boyfriend, husband, spousal equivalent; but grocery shopping is not a skill intrinsic in a lot of men. Speaking from experience, I often will require a detailed list to get it right - item, brand-if required, quantity, size, and where the hell it is. Without it, she may get red apples, when she really wanted Granny Smith.

Not defending your boyfriend, husband, spousal equivalent; but grocery shopping is not a skill intrinsic in a lot of men. Speaking from experience, I often will require a detailed list to get it right - item, brand-if required, quantity, size, and where the hell it is. Without it, she may get red apples, when she really wanted Granny Smith.

3hrsoflunacy is right. I'm exactly the same way. If I go shopping, I have to have a detailed list. I also need a blueprint of the store with each item specifically pointed out in its correct aisle number ( :P ). Do NOT send me out to buy the ingredients for dinner when I don't know exactly what they are. If you're making meat spaghetti and want ground beef, don't just say meat... I guarantee you I'll come back with a large cut of steak... probably the one that's used in London Broil.

In other words... be specific. Don't hint and assume we can read your mind or something... (LOL j/k :D)

Then again, I cook myself so... :D

3hrsoflunacy is right. I'm exactly the same way. If I go shopping, I have to have a detailed list. I also need a blueprint of the store with each item specifically pointed out in its correct aisle number ( :P ). Do NOT send me out to buy the ingredients for dinner when I don't know exactly what they are. If you're making meat spaghetti and want ground beef, don't just say meat... I guarantee you I'll come back with a large cut of steak... probably the one that's used in London Broil.

In other words... be specific. Don't hint and assume we can read your mind or something... (LOL j/k :D )

Then again, I cook myself so... :D

Well, to me, that's like his asking me to get a drill at the store and me bringing home a screwdriver. :lol:

But, really---we don't have a meat grinder at home, LOL.

I ended up slitting the skins of the sausages and gutting them. It turned out fine, but I thought he knew what I was talking about because I buy ground sausage all the time! Next to the hamburger.

and...he lived on his own for a long time. He cooked for himself a lot, LOL.

I'm not bashing him, it just cracked me up. He buys the wrong things a lot. He'll go to the store for his favorite beer and get home and realize it's not the right beer.

Well, to me, that's like his asking me to get a drill at the store and me bringing home a screwdriver. :lol:

You might be surprised that this is actually quite an easy thing to do. :unsure:

It sucks too when a lot of the concert goers are drunk on their asses and start fights.

Or, if it's general admission and a bunch start pushing. <_<:angry:

My pet peeve today is people who litter, and just expect someone else will pick it up.

RUDE!

I hate it when someone doesn't use a tissue and places their boogers or loogies under a table or couch, or wipes them on the door or seat of a car. Come on guys you know who you are! So gross, PUKE!!!

That IS just soo gross!

When we went out do dinner one night I was on vacation, I looked at the wall and there was a hardened, icky crusty booger on the wall. I was really impressed with the joint, to say the least.

I hate how people make a mess and they leave it there forever and I'M the one who has to clean it up.

Welcome to my life, LOL. I try to be ultra-tidy and ultra-organized, but my significant other's brain doesn't work that way. It just doesn't. :lol:

He can't handle things being all filed away and thrown in closets. I can't handle the alternative.

:wacko:

I also just remembered this one: when this forum first started up, when I used Firefox, the Firefox spell check worked in the posting boxes that we type into. For a while now, it hasn't been wroking. Gah! I do typos all of the time and never notice them until someone makes fun of me!!

I hate it when someone doesn't use a tissue and places their boogers or loogies under a table or couch, or wipes them on the door or seat of a car. Come on guys you know who you are! So gross, PUKE!!!

Ewww I caught my youngest daughter doing that and made her clean it up!

Pet Peeve of the day:

The search function. I don't care if something is only 2 or 3 letters long. Let me ssearch for it! If I'm looking for something, like, Led Zeppelin and New Music as the title, don't NOT perform the search just because "Led" and "New" are under 4-letters long. WTF is that limit? Stupid!

Archived