Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Some of my email pet peeves.

1. People who hand out their email address, but don't manage the account. By that I mean, NEVER respond or send a response 1 out of 10 emails.

2. Email responses that don't address the issues addressed in the original send. This applies to business and personal. The sender asks a question and the receiver responds with everything but the answer to the question.

3. 3 word responses from friends who you are trying to conduct a dialog. "Back at ya", oh do I hate that.

Couple of others.....

Holiday greetings from people who assume you celebrate Christmas.

People who assume you have children and can't quite comprehend why you don't.

People who think the band Jethro Tull is a person.

People who walk around with those bluetooth phones stuck in their ears. Extra points if you are holding a Blackberry.

People who park their cars driver side to the curb.

People who don't know how to merge into traffic on the freeway.

Come on--you're supposed to merge going freeway speed! :rolleyes:

I was behind such an idiot this morning. Gives you about fifteen feet to accelerate 30mph. Way to waste gas, moron!

In the South sodas are referred to as Coke no matter if it's Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper or whatever.

Lol :lol:

In the Deep south or at least here in the cresent city you have:

cold drink=soft drink

making groceries=grocery shopping

neutral ground=median

banqette=curb

canal=ditch

po-boy=sandwich

fais do-do=family reunion

burl=boil

pawk=park

mommanem=mother & father

beau coup=many

hey dawlin=hello miss

And many more ...

1. When people wear socks and sandals. This mostly started when I lived in Hawai'i. If you want people to know you're a tourist, wear that.

2. When my boss tells me I can't wear sweatpants to work. Of course I never listen.

3. When the buildings here on campus put locks on the toilet paper dispensers so I can't steal TP.

4. When people think that having long curly hair is an invitation to pet it. This includes everyone from my coworkers to 80 year old women. It almost makes me want to shave my head... or theirs.

5. When running late to class cuts lists like this short. I'll continue later.

my daughters cess pit of a bedroom

the creatures and penicillin that live under her bed

AND SHE LEAVES HER HAIR STRAIGHTNERS ON AND BURNS HER BEDROOM CARPET :angry:

Oh gosh. This is a fun topic, funny too. Whats she, have like lab experiments under her bed?

Oh god help you. But really you are a very lucky soul. You have been given a gift. Maybe a messy one. How old is she?

Shad :unsure: w

John Travolta. His 15 year old son is autistic, but since Scientology thinks those with disabilities are "degraded", they just need to work harder at reading the manuscripts of a drugged-up sci-fi writer and all will be well. Basically he's denying his son the medical care he needs because this cult religion he belongs to, forbids it.

What a dad.

Forgot about this one ... automated telephone answering systems telling you that your call is important, thank you for holding, etc etc, please select from one of the following twenty five options. AAARRRGGHH! I JUST WANT TO SPEAK TO A HUMAN BEING!!!!! :rant:

And if my call really WAS important, you would have a human being answer the phone! :rant:

Forgot about this one ... automated telephone answering systems telling you that your call is important, thank you for holding, etc etc, please select from one of the following twenty five options. AAARRRGGHH! I JUST WANT TO SPEAK TO A HUMAN BEING!!!!! :rant:

And if my call really WAS important, you would have a human being answer the phone! :rant:

Try this site it tells how to get the human

http://gethuman.com/

OOPS! sorry I didn't see you we're in the UK this is for US

Here http://gethuman.com/uk/

How about women who don't sit down on the toilet seat, rather they hover....meaning they get piss all over the place.

Sit down, dumbass.

I hate that, there's a problem with it at my university and I have an idea of which girls who are doing it too!!!! Last week I went in a bathroom on campus and all the toilets were that way and one was missing the seat all together. Fucking pigs!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Racist abuse, like this:-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/for...icle3305228.ece

The Spanish should be thouroughly ashamed. I cannot believe the organisers allowed this kind of thing to happen. Who let these people into the venue? What were they thinking? I hope the punishment is swift and appropriate.

That's friggin low. On the other hand: I bet there's a lot of Spanish people who are thoroughly shocked and disgusted by this. Should they feel ashamed also? Do you feel ashamed for every racist act committed in Britain? Shouldn't something like this remind people to get rid of their own prejudices - instead of propagating new ones?

People that quote an entire post, especially when it's an article and they don't have anything really pertinent to say other than something like, "thanks for posting that". Damn, the entire article was just one post before your response, was there any real reason to quote the entire fucking thing? I really do appreciate the props but there's no need to quote the whole thing.

Amen to that, I was about to post almost the same thing.

And know what bugs me maybe even more than quoting articles? Pictures being quoted, especially if someone posts more pics, and someone else just quotes the whole massive thing and just adds:

"Nice pics!" or something like that to the bottom

That's friggin low. On the other hand: I bet there's a lot of Spanish people who are thoroughly shocked and disgusted by this. Should they feel ashamed also? Do you feel ashamed for every racist act committed in Britain? Shouldn't something like this remind people to get rid of their own prejudices - instead of propagating new ones?

You're right in many ways. I knew that my post would appear provocative, and I did consider my words - but that IS what I think. Yes, I would feel thouroughly ashamed if this happened in the UK. I feel ashamed as a member of the human race that it happened at all. I think unless that sense of shame is provoked, nothing will change at all.

Of course I don't consider all of Spain to be racist because of this incident - never said I did and never will. But yes, the punishment may have to affect all of the Spanish motor-sport community - if the message is to get across. And that ripple affect would show the world something, too.

You're right in many ways. I knew that my post would appear provocative, and I did consider my words - but that IS what I think. Yes, I would feel thouroughly ashamed if this happened in the UK. I feel ashamed as a member of the human race that it happened at all. I think unless that sense of shame is provoked, nothing will change at all.

I don't think unqualified finger-pointing will help to solve the problem: The people who ought to be ashamed won't care and those who don't have a reason to feel ashamed (but are apparently supposed to feel ashamed anyway) might end up solidarizing with the real perpetrators out of spite. Just my 2 cents.

Archived