Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Wow.

This entire website seems to be nothing but bickering everywhere.

It's too bad there's just soo much of it going on.

"Can't we all just get along?"

No kidding. I saw more flame outs here today than at Mission Raceway. Time for a beer

Urban Slang?! :hysterical: WTF is that?! In this day of global communications any and all words are pretty much universally understood....am I supposed to bite your bait and assume you're living in the Ozarks with a fire for heat and you're at the library 20 miles from home to utilize internet services?

As far as my choice of adjectives in using 'import' I mean...someone who actually has some influence on this board, as in someone who can throw me off, as in a moderator....yer none of those things so I don't have humor your obviously lacking sense of humor.

Yeah, let's just agree to disagree then and be done with it....I can already tell yer just not one of the people who I care to communicate with and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. So....adios...nice bumping into ya on the path....glad we're not on the same one B)

I'm from the Ozarks! We did use firewood, we had well water, I walked two miles to the bus stop every day from 3-12 grade. We did have to travel 20 miles to the grocery store, didn't have internet back then. I think it made me stronger than a frappe' latte' drinking city rat who trips when they walk on anything other than concrete.The Ozarks worked for Bill Clinton, Douglass MacArthur, Wyatt Earp, & Carlos Hathcock, Jesse James, & countless others. Most would give the shirts off their backs, help you out if you're in trouble, give you a sip of moonshine, and give you a "Good Game" out the door. There used to be some inbreeding of course, but that ususally stemmed from geographic isolation not by choice as many pedophiles do over the internet these days, raping you in their basement while they sip on a Venti Mocha Frappachino. Hell speaking of inbreeding just look at Hollywood! But hey I don't know anything about you so I won't judge. B)

"You can tell the size of a person by what makes them angry." :chickeddance:

Well, on reconsidering that particular thread I do think SunChild made a bad mistake trying to defend Misty Mountain, because MM's post was frankly awful. But how on earth you guys can defend Knebby's eventual response to SC is beyond me. It was a completely vicious attack if I've ever seen one, and it wasn't the first one either; another that I happened to see was even worse, but then got deleted. The fact is they just don't get along at all. And that's a two way thing. I happen to like both of them. That is actually possible. :D:)

Cognitive Dissonance. :D

Nice little bitch fest going on I note, no change there at all. Keep up the good work, nice to see you all using those superhuman intellects in the interests of justice.

Otto and I will be setting up the world's most exclusive Led Zeppelin forum called "Right Clique", no one can join, all the threads are locked just in case someone gets in and it's moderated by killer robots stalking the dark corridors of the interweb should anyone try to hack it.

I think that'll work.

Nice little bitch fest going on I note, no change there at all. Keep up the good work, nice to see you all using those superhuman intellects in the interests of justice.

Otto and I will be setting up the world's most exclusive Led Zeppelin forum called "Right Clique", no one can join, all the threads are locked just in case someone gets in and it's moderated by killer robots stalking the dark corridors of the interweb should anyone try to hack it.

I think that'll work.

If you did that with this forum there would still be people arguing.

Wow.

This entire website seems to be nothing but bickering everywhere.

It's too bad there's just soo much of it going on.

"Can't we all just get along?"

If people would just say their piece and shut up a lot of it would just die, but some people want the last word, this why it goes on and on long after everyone else has tuned out but the primary belligerents. ime

I'm from the Ozarks! We did use firewood, we had well water, I walked two miles to the bus stop every day from 3-12 grade. We did have to travel 20 miles to the grocery store, didn't have internet back then. I think it made me stronger than a frappe' latte' drinking city rat who trips when they walk on anything other than concrete.The Ozarks worked for Bill Clinton, Douglass MacArthur, Wyatt Earp, & Carlos Hathcock, Jesse James, & countless others. Most would give the shirts off their backs, help you out if you're in trouble, give you a sip of moonshine, and give you a "Good Game" out the door. There used to be some inbreeding of course, but that ususally stemmed from geographic isolation not by choice as many pedophiles do over the internet these days, raping you in their basement while they sip on a Venti Mocha Frappachino. Hell speaking of inbreeding just look at Hollywood! But hey I don't know anything about you so I won't judge. B)

"You can tell the size of a person by what makes them angry." :chickeddance:

Sheepdog, no insult intended. I was grasping for the direct oppposite of an urbanite and a mountain dweller was a close I could come.....I don't have anything against either urbanites OR mountain dwellers and I too, being from the mid west, grew up using firewood for heat, drinking well water (yum!!!), driving only 8 (ya got me beat!) miles to the grocery store, and wow, sorry you had to walk so far to school, I had a bus, but if I missed it my dad made me walk. And NO ONE had internet back then so....

Anywhooo.....my apologies if you felt insulted. I certainly didn't intend for my mention the Ozarks to be percieved as deragatory - only the cultural opposite of an urbanite.

Peace.

I think that'll work.

:hysterical:

What I've learned today:

Fighting with someone who is rude is childish.

Ignoring that same person is childish.

Flaming pet peeve: being put in a Catch-22, then having your response criticized.

Time to move on, indeed.

2551427164_9524f6226a.jpg

THE SUN

That's right Ev, they are in this thread within the last few pages. Like everyone else here, I don't read ALL the topics (it's impossible with all the new messages that get posted every day even if we wanted to) so I don't know what provoked ledded1. In this thread he & SunChild were joking around day before yesterday ("this is fuckwit central"..."you can say that again"...."this is fuckwit central") and then out of left field he hit her with those posts I mentioned above. It just made me very sad. :( I'm used to seeing lighthearted, fun and informative stuff from him so these unwarranted, personal attacks on SunChild made me cringe. Have always had the utmost respect for SunChild as well, her depth of knowledge on such a vast range of subjects always impresses me.

(apologies to ledded1 & SunChild for talking about you in 3rd person like this, it feels kinda weird :unsure: )

~~Becky

No apologies necessary.

And thank you very much for your kind words, Angel. :)

Well, on reconsidering that particular thread I do think SunChild made a bad mistake trying to defend Misty Mountain, because MM's post was frankly awful. But how on earth you guys can defend Knebby's eventual response to SC is beyond me. It was a completely vicious attack if I've ever seen one, and it wasn't the first one either; another that I happened to see was even worse, but then got deleted. The fact is they just don't get along at all. And that's a two way thing. I happen to like both of them. That is actually possible. :D:)

Thanks Otto, I like you very much, as well! A scholar, and a gentleman.

I think that'll work.

Wouldn't bet on it :D

In repsonse to my disagreement with sunchild which was never going to last long, they never do with me and we have disagreed before and it didn't last long. We both move on quite quickly really.

My response to her initial response was'nt nasty I felt, and that was replied to at length and I felt compelled to respond to that. Someone described it as brutal, blunt yes but i don't do brutal. To use sunchilds own words " it was a response not an attack" Someone else felt it came right out of left field but if they had read sunchilds first post to me ( bear in mind I named no one in the post she first reponded to, she just recognised herself in it, not sure if others did cos it was in my list of pet peeves, the other 2 had nothing to do with her), so in actual fact the first strong post came from sunchild herself. <_< But I am the bad guy :console:

We both recognise that we have opposite views on a couple of things and no doubt will again at some point so don't feel sorry for her otherwise i will have to call you a 'clique' :D She is big enough to fight her corner. And i am not as vicious as some of the people around here and on other sites. This would pale into insignificance to some of the arguments and personal attacks that occur between people.

I stated my case, made my point and will move on. Sunchild has made hers too and will move on.

If people don't like what i said or me for what I said thats fine, you are entitled to your opinion. I dont bear grudges or ill will to those who see a different viewpoint from mine.

Sometimes its good to blow off the cobwebs.

Now then wheres my clique?:lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's just that you seem to think pretty low of all women. Usually that indicates a bad parental relationship. So I had to ask. AND the fact that you hate mother's day....

Society doesn't REALLY cater to women. You just feel that way because you are bitter. Don't deny that you are. When we are angry, or feel negatively about something, it can skewer the way you see the world. Because you are looking for faults in women, you are more apt to notice every little thing that you think is "catering" to women while ignoring times when it is the other way.

And for the record, I will give up my seat to a guy, but only if it's someone I know personally. But then again sitting on the floor has never bothered me. Besides, if they're a good friend or boyfriend, you can always sit in their lap, too! :D

Bitter about what?

I don't hate Mothers day. I hate the fact it gets promoted more than Fathers day.

I do look for faults in women but it's because i want to see what i can put up with and what i can't. And that are some faults or behavior i just can't get around.

Seriously Bonnie. Society does cater to women. Go back and look at my examples. People here even give examples by saying .."Men should be opening doors for women" yadda, yadda. Another one is how on our transit system women are allowed to get off anytime they want if it's closer to their home. Guys are not allowed to do that. Valentines day is also catered to women. All over the radio you hear ad's telling men to go out and get something special for your girlfriend or wife, and on and on. Not the other way around.

That's because women remember Valentine's Day. No offense to guys or anything, but they just usually don't rememeber those things. Society does not cater to women though spats. That is all in your head.

That's because women remember Valentine's Day. No offense to guys or anything, but they just usually don't rememeber those things. Society does not cater to women though spats. That is all in your head.

I guess we will just have to disagree. I see it everywhere. i don't see much catering to men.

Yeah my pet peeve is starting a nice post and having it deleted. Nothing graphic or offensive, especially compared to many other posts. Any "Senior" members have the low down on why it may have been deleted? The only thing I could think of was I named it "Over The Hills & Far Away" and it conflicts with another Title or something. I'll try it again under something else.

A Posse Ad Esse.

Bitter about what?

I don't hate Mothers day. I hate the fact it gets promoted more than Fathers day.

I do look for faults in women but it's because i want to see what i can put up with and what i can't. And that are some faults or behavior i just can't get around.

Seriously Bonnie. Society does cater to women. Go back and look at my examples. People here even give examples by saying .."Men should be opening doors for women" yadda, yadda. Another one is how on our transit system women are allowed to get off anytime they want if it's closer to their home. Guys are not allowed to do that. Valentines day is also catered to women. All over the radio you hear ad's telling men to go out and get something special for your girlfriend or wife, and on and on. Not the other way around.

Don't they have one of these in Canada? :rolleyes:

f4cadde8.jpg

I guess we will just have to disagree. I see it everywhere. i don't see much catering to men.

Let's be honest, spats. Why, exactly, do men need to be catered to? Especially white men? We still make the most money, we still run more corporations, there still isn't going to be a woman President (after all... Hillary's done), more men are CEO's then women, men are always on top (metaphorically... my girlfriend was always on top). In fact, the only thing women really control in this life is the home. Men have been top of the food chain forever. It an unfortunate truth, but a truth nonetheless. So... why is it we need to be catered to? It's not like we have it so bad.

Don't get me wrong: commercials that show men as stupid, lazy, heartless idiots piss me the fuck off, especially when those commercials are okay but any commercial showing a man in a good light is somehow sexist :blink: ... but we have it good, spats.

So I guess I don't understand why you think men should be catered to?

You know why you don't see a lot of catering to men? Because we cater to ourselves. If I want a beer, I don't expect my girl to go and get me one... I'll get it myself. If I want to watch TV, I grab the remote and work my thumb, damnit! And my thumb gets tired, but my thumb is strong! You don't want to get in a fight with my thumb... it'll kick your ass. You may put me in the hospital, but my thumb will reign supreme!

Don't mess with the thumb!

:D

(Hey... you know what? Can one of the graphics-gurus here make a pic of like a super thumb or a rambo-thumb or a wrestler thumb with a utility belt that has a TV Remote control in it... and the caption says "don't mess with the thumb"? I'd really appreciate it. :D)

All I would ask from my girl is to let me be me and independant and drink my beer and watch my comedy and play my music, and satisfy me every now and then (;))... and in return, I'll dote on her, buy her a few gifts every now and then (nothing really expensive, but just stuff to show her I love), pull out her chair and hold open the door for her (but not all the time, just on special occasions like Valentine's Day, our anniversary, her birthday, etc). And also, I'll remember Valentine's Day, I'll remember our anniversary, and I'll remember her birthday, because the stereotype about guys always forgetting isn't true for all guys. And believe me... what I get in return is completely worth it. Oh man, is it worth it. :D

Let's be honest, spats. Why, exactly, do men need to be catered to? Especially white men? We still make the most money, we still run more corporations, there still isn't going to be a woman President (after all... Hillary's done), more men are CEO's then women, men are always on top (metaphorically... my girlfriend was always on top). In fact, the only thing women really control in this life is the home. Men have been top of the food chain forever. It an unfortunate truth, but a truth nonetheless. So... why is it we need to be catered to? It's not like we have it so bad.

To me, this right here IS being catered to. Nathan said it pretty well.

Think about this one, Spats-If a man and a woman with the exact same experience, education, and skills apply for the same job opening, who do think will get the job? Unless the company doesn't have it's equal opportunity quota met, the one who will get hired is always going to be the guy. You don't call THAT catering, spats??

Archived