Pet Peeves

Hotplant

People who rip out pages from library books :thumbdown: .

I'm leafing through a Chaplin PICTORIAL, with rare behind the scenes photos throughout. Except for the ones that are missing :'( . Honestly, some people. Goddamnit :rant: .

I hate that too. Not long ago, a man was arrested in the rare books room of a university library - he was caught with an X-Acto knife, removing pages from rare books. The other ones I can't stand are the people who deface library books by underlining passages and writing notes in the margins.

I hate that too. Not long ago, a man was arrested in the rare books room of a university library - he was caught with an X-Acto knife, removing pages from rare books. The other ones I can't stand are the people who deface library books by underlining passages and writing notes in the margins.

There's some mad editor patron at our library who makes corrections and edits in pencil in the mystery books :blink: Drives me crazy!

People who rip out pages from library books :thumbdown: .

I'm leafing through a Chaplin PICTORIAL, with rare behind the scenes photos throughout. Except for the ones that are missing :'( . Honestly, some people. Goddamnit :rant: .

That's why I very seldom read books from the library anymore. I'd rather go to Barnes and Noble, take the book, sit down and read part of it and if I like it, buy it. That way I'm guaranteed to be getting the book as it was printed, with no missing anything.

Theres a pet peeve. The weirdos who hang out in libraries nowadays. It's not a homeless shelter, it's a public library and people should be able to feel safe and have their kids in tow. I think they should start checking everyone who enters for ID to slow this down.

OK

1. When people call Led Zeppelin's self titiled album " Led Zeppelin 1"

2. when people call LZ fourth album "IV" although i admit it a habbit of mine but i got over it.

"runes"

"zoso"-what's the point of leaving out the other members?

"the four symbols"

It is untitled

3.when people, like my sister,critisze my taste in music by saying it's "too old" or "it sounds wired"

4when people call their own music "the best music"-tell what's so great about it? "dunno,it's just it, it's better than......"

5.when people chuck litter out of their cars

6. big brother

7. people who talk all the time and non-stop-again my sister would be a perfect example of this.

8. shows like "the X factor"

9. When people write in text language

There are others but these are my main ones.

Okay I am pissed off. I know people have brought up this topic before but I need to let it out. My husband and daughter are sloppy. They leave food wrappers, cans dishes etc all over the place. Car included. I spend my days picking up crap. When I am done I start all over. They say I nag. I do not understand how hard it is to put stuff in there proper place. I am not a neat freak by any means but I like things tidy and do not like dirty dishes in the sink etc. I have two large dogs and my husband has the nerve to say the dogs are stinky and dirty which they are not. Another thing is he bought the dogs and all he does is bitch about them. He says he lives in a "dog house" LOL :angry:

No he is in the dog house. Okay I feel better. I have read all the suggestions but none of them work. I give up!!

Now I am going to retire to the pool and sunbath - the hell with the house let them live in there own slop. (Until tomorrow when the same old song and dance begins.)

OKay now I am done. THANKS FOR LETTING ME BITCH (No that is not why I have my forum name - although my husband would beg to differ)

Big B

If you dont clean up after yourself here you pay a hefty fee. About that easy.

Ex: Toss a cig butt, 25.00 USD. You dont pay you go to court and pay the larger fine. Odd it's so nice here huh?

Tommy's Pet Peeve #31

I couldn't be any more tired of there being a new thread on this site every single day regarding "A Zeppelin Tour".

People, listen... just because you see Zeppelin and tour in the same sentence doesn't mean rush over here and tell the biggest Zeppelin fans on the planet about it - how about read the whole article in context before posting "They're COMING!!!!", namely the words RUMOR.., or POSSIBILITY, which people seem to overlook. As if there were actually a tour, the biggest fans in the world would hear it first from these "that band that did Stairway?" idiots.

(Some people are so caught up in it that they're actually asking if anybody knows what date they're coming to their hometown.., can you believe this shit?)

Its always fun to dream, but lately people are running all over this concept like an ill-informed 15 year old girl trying to navigate an S.U.V. and send a text-message to her friend Jennifer re: "OMG I rly luv yr hair grl!" at the same time.

Its time to hang up the proverbial phone people.

Love, Tommy.

P.S., I love you.

People, listen... just because you see Zeppelin and tour in the same sentence doesn't mean rush over here and tell the biggest Zeppelin fans on the planet about it - how about read the whole article in context before posting "They're COMING!!!!", namely the words RUMOR.., or POSSIBILITY, which people seem to overlook. As if there were actually a tour, the biggest fans in the world would hear it first from these "that band that did Stairway?" idiots.

Ummm, well....it's not compulsory for any "biggest Zeppelin fan on the planet" to have an account here, so I can't understand how you deduced that the members of this message board are really the biggest Zeppelin fans on the planet.

Actually, I don't even know how one could determine who belongs among the "biggest" fans and who doesn't.

But, yes, those threads really are annoying.

Ummm, well....it's not compulsory for any "biggest Zeppelin fan on the planet" to have an account here, so I can't understand how you deduced that the members of this message board are really the biggest Zeppelin fans on the planet.

Actually, I don't even know how one could determine who belongs among the "biggest" fans and who doesn't.

But, yes, those threads really are annoying.

Oh, my apologies guy.., I guess I shouldn't have assumed there were any big fans on the official Led Zeppelin forum.

Come on dude... Really?

If you wanna go about it that way, how about you prove that these aren't the biggest Zeppelin fans on the planet, and when you wrap that up, get bent.

Oh, my apologies guy.., I guess I shouldn't have assumed there were any big fans on the official Led Zeppelin forum.

Come on dude... Really?

If you wanna go about it that way, how about you prove that these aren't the biggest Zeppelin fans on the planet, and when you wrap that up, get bent.

Yes, really. There is a difference between assuming that there are big Zeppelin fans on the official Led Zeppelin forum, and saying that newbies should behave, because here they're dealing with "the biggest Zeppelin fans on the planet," because that's exactly how it sounded. Sounds a bit elitist, doesn't it?

By the way, I'm not a dude.

Here we go again.. another example of society catering to women...

Me and a buddy go to the Jays game last night and it turns out it was "ladies Night"!!! WTF???? Women got free baseball caps and if a guy brought a girl her would get one. They get cheaper tickets and get to sit in a special 200 level section which are great seats. And they get to meet with some of the players after the game!!!!! Again...WTF???? :o:o:o:o:o

What is the deal with this stuff? I get absolutely no deals when i go! Guys that go get no deals like this!

Not really fair. Another example of what i was talking about.

This routine is a longstanding pet peeve of mine.

Me and a buddy go to the Jays game last night and it turns out it was "ladies Night"!!! WTF???? Women got free baseball caps and if a guy brought a girl her would get one. They get cheaper tickets and get to sit in a special 200 level section which are great seats. And they get to meet with some of the players after the game!!!!! Again...WTF???? :o:o:o:o:o

What is the deal with this stuff? I get absolutely no deals when i go! Guys that go get no deals like this!

Dork. That stuff was invented for men, not women. Lot's o' ladies show up. Get it? I didn't think so. Nevermind.

Me too!!!

"In and of itself"drives me crazy also.Nobody said that 2 years ago.

Yep, and "whatnot." What the...? I'd never heard that except in really stuffy Victorian novels, and then all of a sudden my trucker hat-wearing, huge pickup truck-driving friend starts saying it all the flipping time (along with the rest of the world, apparently, because I hear it everywhere)! Sample sentence: "Dude, okay, I was, like, talking to this chick the other day and whatnot..." :blink: That's...just...WTF?!?!

He also says "back in the day" all the time. He's only 23, right? So he ends up saying stuff like, "Back in the day 2 years ago..." Oh yeah, real ancient history there, buddy. :lol:

Try wearing a dress and heels. That oughta get you... something.

Me too!!!

"In and of itself"drives me crazy also.Nobody said that 2 years ago.

:bagoverhead:

I've said it... for years.

... 'whatnot' and 'back in the day' also.

I don't mind 'at the end of the day' most of the time, but every once in awhile I want to finish the phrase with 'it becomes night'.

Archived