Post A Picture Of Yourself!

manderlyh

In Charleston this past Halloween.

IMG_1062.jpg

Deborah J and Charlie - too cute children!!! And Charlie, best of luck!

Thanks,

ebk was this photo taken at the battery or fort Moultrie? I spent many of my childhood years in and around Charleston.

Mostly on James Island and N. Charleston and a little time on Johns Island and Mount Pleasant.

Thanks,

ebk was this photo taken at the battery or fort Moultrie? I spent many of my childhood years in and around Charleston.

Mostly on James Island and N. Charleston and a little time on Johns Island and Mount Pleasant.

At the battery. We were on our self-guided walking tour of the architecture/history of Charleston.

I looooove Charleston. I've been several time before, but mostly for Spoleto. So I spent most of that time in the theatres. The last 2 times, I've been able to do more sightseeing. Can't wait to go back again (maybe in April) and see more houses. And eat more. The food is divine!!!

Edited by ebk

If only it had been 'my act' instead of me being a sideman in the backup band! We were playing for Heatwave and some other 70s acts.

I had a brush with that kind of thing once. I took a union gig playing guitar on one of those PBS style retrospective oldies things, had frankly never heard of any of the acts. Got a stack of lead sheets in the mail(about 100 songs) 2 weeks before the gig. I think I spent more money tracking down recordings of all these tunes I had never heard(because chord charts don't really tell you much and I wanted to play the songs, not strum open chords all night) than I made playing the show. Got 1 45 min rehearsal 2 hours before showtime with the headliner who proceeded to change the key of every song in his set, "Down a fourth" seemed to be his mantra. Unfortunately it was a recurring theme, out of the dozen or so acts there were maybe 2 that didn't throw at least one key change at us on stage. At the end of the day it was challenging and stressful and in hindsight even fun(although I really didn't think so at the time!).

So suffice it to say I have alot of respect for guys that do what you do

Thanks to all for the kind comments

Here is one from 2003 of my son and I

ChadMom1998-1.jpg

Here is what he looks like now. I finally got him to let me post more recent ones!

Chad2003AI.jpg

By the way I wished he would grow his hair a little longer...and his favorite band is Pink Floyd!!!

Edited by Deborah J

ChadMom1998-1.jpg

Here is what he looks like now. I finally got him to let me post more recent ones!

Chad2003AI.jpg

By the way I wished he would grow his hair a little longer...and his favorite band is Pink Floyd!!!

...Deborah, beautiful family, so much to be proud of the handsome and friendly looking young man beside you.... hard work,enjoyable, has paid off :):)

If only it had been 'my act' instead of me being a sideman in the backup band! We were playing for Heatwave and some other 70s acts.

I had a brush with that kind of thing once. I took a union gig playing guitar on one of those PBS style retrospective oldies things, had frankly never heard of any of the acts. Got a stack of lead sheets in the mail(about 100 songs) 2 weeks before the gig. I think I spent more money tracking down recordings of all these tunes I had never heard(because chord charts don't really tell you much and I wanted to play the songs, not strum open chords all night) than I made playing the show. Got 1 45 min rehearsal 2 hours before showtime with the headliner who proceeded to change the key of every song in his set, "Down a fourth" seemed to be his mantra. Unfortunately it was a recurring theme, out of the dozen or so acts there were maybe 2 that didn't throw at least one key change at us on stage. At the end of the day it was challenging and stressful and in hindsight even fun(although I really didn't think so at the time!).

So suffice it to say I have alot of respect for guys that do what you do

This is from when I was on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon hahaha

tinted_windows.JPG

I'm the blond right behind Bun E Carlos, the drummer (from Cheap Trick) lol

ChadMom1998-1.jpg

Chad2003AI.jpg

Yeah! I remember Heatwave from when I was a kid PhxHorn!

Festering Gob, I did some show's like that when I was doing stage production 10 years ago, many a festival style show where there would be more act's than we where told about and they went on at different times as we where told and then all the manager's would come out and say, "we want it to sound like this or that"!!!!

I don't think I could lean to play 100 song's (especially if I never even tried them before) in a week or two! It would be next to imposable for me! Even on the drum's (my main instrument)!

Taylore, like Doc said... Great seat's! You not all that bad looking too, maybe some big producer will see you and make you a star! It's happen before.

Nice one of you and you boy Deb's!

ChadMom1998-1.jpg

Chad2003AI.jpg

...and here is one of him under his stage name, Ray Liotta:

goodfellas2.jpg