Post A Picture Of Yourself!

manderlyh

Did you get to see his jet powered motorcycle? B)

Yes we did. It was in the shop area where they work on the vehiclss and was fired up while we were there. He has an amazing collection of vehicles and I was lucky to have been able to see his vehicles. Didn't get to meet Jay though.

Edited for correction: In re-reading my article that I listed a link to below, it was the Rolls Royce jet engine that they were working on in the shop that was fired up, not the motorcycle. We did see that motorcycle and many more he has in his collection

While the experience was memorable the details become a bit fuzzy as time goes by. Good thing I documented it in my article and have lots of pictures. In the 70's I could blame lack of memory on too much weed, now it's just age.

Edited by ledzepfvr

Yes we did. It was in the shop area where they work on the vehiclss and was fired up while we were there. He has an amazing collection of vehicles and I was lucky to have been able to see his vehicles. Didn't get to meet Jay though.

Lucky yousmile.gif I would love to take that tour as I work on all kinds of vehicles and equipment for a livingcool.gif

BTW those Jet Bikes are built by a company right here in Louisianasmile.gif

Lucky yousmile.gif I would love to take that tour as I work on all kinds of vehicles and equipment for a livingcool.gif

BTW those Jet Bikes are built by a company right here in Louisianasmile.gif

Yes, Dzldoc you would love it as any man would. Especially the workshop that has anything needed to restore and work on the vehicles. Jay works on his cars as well as a staff who helps him.

It was an awsome experience. Below is an article I wrote for our car club newsletter in case your interested in reading.

http://goldenstate.ply33.com/newsArticle?article_id=134

Yes, Dzldoc you would love it as any man would. Especially the workshop that has anything needed to restore and work on the vehicles. Jay works on his cars as well as a staff who helps him.

It was an awsome experience. Below is an article I wrote for our car club newsletter in case your interested in reading.

http://goldenstate.ply33.com/newsArticle?article_id=134

Nice article but... Ummm... Who is Margie Amos? B)

Lucky you. I would love to take that tour as I work on all kinds of vehicles and equipment for a living.

BTW those Jet Bikes are built by a company right here in Louisiana.

Are you implying that a male who isn't a motorhead/car junkie is less than a man? :huh:

I like pretty flowers, I suppose I lean a little on my feminine side for that ehh?

:rolleyes:

Are you implying that a male who isn't a motorhead/car junkie is less than a man? :huh:

I like pretty flowers, I suppose I lean a little on my feminine side for that ehh?

Absolutly not LarryD, but most of the men I know are in the automotive field and therefore obsessed with tools, etc but can be in touch with their sensitive side. One mechanic that works for my husband loves to read romantic novels, which seems out of character to me, but he is no less a man. I think men can show a sensitive side and still have their masculinity intact.

On the other hand I do try to get in touch with my masculine side once in a while. I like to drink beer and watch football. Does that make me less of a woman?

I'm far from being a motörhead but it pays the bills infact I've worked on nearly every type of vehicle or piece of equipment known to man save for the space shuttle and I nearly went to work for michoud, that I'm at a point in my life where I'm about ready to roll my tool chest to the top of the Mississippi River Bridge and shove them off :lol:

If you read through some of my past posts you'll see there is a softer side to me as well. ;)

• 3 weeks later...